• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Feeling Hyper? ( Hyper Offense RMT)

ger9119

Hello, This is my first RMT of Gen 6. I've choosen a playstyle that has paid off for me in previous gens. And that's Hyper Offense or HO for short. I'm not too good with introductions so let's just get to the team.

Deoxys-Defense @ Red Card
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Magic Coat
- Stealth Rock

At first my lead was Custap Berry Skarmory, which i used often in gen 5 but it just didn't cut it. I was thrilled to find out Deo-D was moved into OU again and i just knew it would be my lead. The choosen spread effectivly can get hazards down quickly and prevent hazards from being layed down on my side. Spikes/Rocks is standard hazards, Taunt if for slower stuff and for set up sweepers thinking they can set up while i get hazards down. Magic Coat is for faster taunt/hazards/set up type of pokemon. Red Card can stop a sweeper from doing too much damage and can phaze a spinner or any pokemon out.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch
- Superpower
- Play Rough

Pretty Standard Azumarril, maintains it's nice bulk and hit's hard with Choice Band. Aqua Jet is for priorty spam, Play Rough for secondary STAB. Ice Punch and Superpower fill out the rest of the coverage.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor/Mega Scizor is a nice mon to keep momentum up, it could bluff the choice band before going Mega. I've choosen a more quicker spread for i can quickly U-Turn out of counters for i can maintain an advantage along with being able to be a effective cleaner late game.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Rock Polish

My only truely special based pokemon on this team. I've choosen a Rock Polish to be able to sweep with, after one RP it can be game over as long as priorty users are gone. Earth Power is for STAB , Focus Blast hit's stuff like Ferro, while Sludge Wave can hit fairies and stuff like Azumarril on a switch in.

Breloom @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

The classic Spore/Swords Dance Breloom. It may not be good as it once was but is still very good once you got stuff like Aegislash and Talonflame out of the way. Pretty simple here get down a spore then set up and try to sweep.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 172 Atk / 40 SAtk / 240 Spd
Naive Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

A very underated threat currently, and it's something that helps me break stall teams. This is a play on the Gen 5 Sub + 3 Attacks except that i've added more speed for i can outspeed more threats and KO with Dragon Claw. Earth Power is mainly for Aegislash, Ice Beam is for stuff like Lando-T as well as provide nice coverage with Dragon Claw and Earth Power.

McDanger

First this is NOT hyper offensive, hyper offensive is 5 boosting sweepers, not wall breakers.

That aside, the team struggles with common threats, Talonflame, especially CB talonflame steamrolls this team, 2hkoing everything while you can only force it out by saccing something to bring in azumarill, which with a choice band makes you weak to a counter sweep. Automize aegislash also smashes your team, while it cant flat out sweep without prior damage, it does so much damage, while swords dance is annoying as the only thing that you have that can really threaten it is landorus, despite earth power, kyurem fails to KO it in shield form and loses to sacred sword, tho landorus doesnt want to take a +2 swords dance. While rare, Gyarados does a lot of damage as well, being able to set up on choice locked azumarill, scizor, and breloom depending on its set, and can sweep fairly easily at +1.

I suggest zygard over kyurem black as it gives a back up sweeper as well as a nice physical pivot with its high defense. Zygard can check a lot of the same stuff as kyurem bar landorus therian, while having either priority e speed, or stone edge to hit togekiss harder. This helps a bit with talonflame as zygard can resist brave bird better then the rest of the team, while pressuring gyaradoses that lack ice fang.

Switch breloom for trevenant as swords dance breloom is dead and its really just dead weight as scizor can revenge better then it, while spore isnt guarantied and most teams run a grass to handle azumarill. Trevenant also provides a better answer to standard mega kanga as its forced to use sucker punch so you can just burn it, as well as other offensive threats such as azumarill, while giving you a better answer to sheer force landorus.

Finally, I'd switch deoxys for lead terrakion as your team fails to abuse hazards, not in the way of damage, but set up chances. With defog becoming more common, and predictable, offensive teams should be able to set up on defoggers either by forcing it out or when it defogs. Because of this, terrakion does better as it applies pressure with close combat and stone edge, while it can set up on defoggers with swords dance/rock polish and shoot for a sweep.

While it may not be true, i feel that azumarill would do better with a substitute set as it applies more offensive pressure then choice band azumarill while limiting the chances for your opponent to set up, aside from when its forced out, tho most things that do force it out cant sweep

tl;dr
kyurem--->zygard
breloom ---> trevenant
deoxys ---> terrakion