• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

female Professors

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucario750

pokemon master
why are all the Professors that give out starter pokemon all ways boys how come they never add a female Professors not counting Professors ivy

Pandeji

USED ULTRASPLASH!!!
Female professors = tradition.
Same as the main character's father never being there, etc.
Assuming we're talking about the video games.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Well, wasn't Pokémon more of a guy-related game, though? For a while until Crystal, they only had a boy being a Trainer, then decided to add a female character. And some Pokémon are more male dominated, but I don't really think that counts.

As far as I know, it's more likely for a male to be a scientist/professor than a female. But they may have a girl professor one of these days. Even if it HAS to be Professor Ivy.

But like Pandeji, it's tradition. What if the main character's father was around instead of the mother? Personally, I would find that weird.

Maybe that's just me.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Pandeji, I think you forgot a '/='.

Anyway, as stated, it's just tradition. It might be changed sometime soon, but until then, it's male only.

Elementman-Novapoke

There are no Female Professors because Gamefreak are trying to subliminally brainwash children with sexist ideas.

Maybe...

Tradition is probably the key.

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
I think we'll get a female professor in the 5th gen.

Dattebayo

Banned
It's part of the the tradition of Pokemon, and you can never break traditions that are still doing well.

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
I bet in the 5 gen they will do a sexy female professor

but its not like the show doesn't have any important females......just look at cynthia

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Cynthia will be a professor in the 5th gen, being de-throned in DPP.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
It's part of the the tradition of Pokemon, and you can never break traditions that are still doing well.

What about the tradition of the regions having 5 letters; 3 consonants and 2 vowels? I don't see how changing "Sinnoh" to "Shino" would have made any huge change or whatnot.

But I think that it's just a marketing strategy, somehow... I dunno. Some people just can't picture a female to be professor, some people still can't even picture Prof. Elm. Personally, I think they need like an 18 year old male to be the professor, just to change things up. And then maybe after that, a female. But if they did put in a female professor, I could imagine it being an old lady like Agatha.

What is it with all this tradition crap that you people are saying? We had a male champion for three generations, and then Cynthia thankfully came along.

I'd expect a female professor somewhere in the next few generations of Pokemon.

D

Deleted member 11515

Yeah, there hasn't been one, yet.

Oh, well! Not much to say. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.