• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Feminism & Rape Culture 2014: My Post is Up Here Guys

SugarFreeJazz

not present

The makers of that video are just as guilty as the women portrayed in it. There's nothing to even agree with in there. It's a passive aggressive mockery of an already biased argument that has no other purpose but to perpetuate gender discrimination. Women are human beings, not a separate species that is collectively predisposed to hate men and all they live for. Treat each individual human how they ought to be treated. It's that simple.

That didn't even deserve a response, but there you go.

The makers of that video are just as guilty as the women portrayed in it. There's nothing to even agree with in there. It's a passive aggressive mockery of an already biased argument that has no other purpose but to perpetuate gender discrimination. Women are human beings, not a separate species that is collectively predisposed to hate men and all they live for. Treat each individual human how they ought to be treated. It's that simple.

The irony is that the feminists are saying that guys should pay on the first date, while at the same time they're saying that women are strong and independant.

The black guy also said it best: both men and women pay their half, and that is equality.

LDSman

There were things worth agreeing with in there. Double standards on domestic violence, the thing with cougars, general slamming of men, etc. It was a rather terrible presentation.

Maedar

Banned

Maedar

Banned
Uh, Green? Straw Feminists are men. And usually chauvinists.

See, a "Straw Feminist" is a concept where a feminist is depicted in a way that is meant to either prove real feminists wrong or mock them.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
How about we don't take a video by the MANHOODACADAMY.com people seriously?

Maedar

Banned
I call checkmate.

You don't even know sarcasm when you hear it. He meant yes, you are supposed to trust women.

And I doubt you even know how to play chess.

And I checked out the "Manhood Academy". It's not an academy. It's a website for misogynists.

Last edited:

Maedar

Banned
So you expect people to hear sarcasm when it's typed out in text form?

And explain what you cover when you say women. Are you talking about the feminists or women in general?

Women in general.

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz
So you expect people to hear sarcasm when it's typed out in text form?

And explain what you cover when you say women. Are you talking about the feminists or women in general?

When someone insinuates that men know more about what it means to be a woman than actual women, you assume one of two things.

a) sarcasm

or

b) idiocy

Now let's get one thing clear, this whole patriarchy system us feminists are talking about; it's COMPLICATED and interacts with other equally complicated systems of discrimination (such as racism and homophobia). As some genius pointed out before, there are women who buy into this system. Why? Because it's a complex system of rewards and punishments. If you are in the minority group and your values align with the system's expectations for you, the you feel mostly the rewards and barely any punishment.

Hey, if you're a woman who buys into the system, you may never have to pay or work for anything in your life! Isn't that awesome? It is, as long as your husband doesn't abuse you, cheat on you, or decide to leave you. The reality of it is, even if you buy into the system you still have to put up with a ton.

And I checked out the "Manhood Academy". It's not an academy. It's a website for misogynists.

It's also very heteronormative. What about us gay guys that want to be Manlier(TM)?

Hey, if you're a woman who buys into the system, you may never have to pay or work for anything in your life! Isn't that awesome? It is, as long as your husband doesn't abuse you, cheat on you, or decide to leave you. The reality of it is, even if you buy into the system you still have to put up with a ton.

So you support gold-diggers - women who marry men simply for their wealth? Wow. I don't see much equality here - your husband is working his *** off in the office while you just sit there and expect him to buy diamonds for you? Get off your fat ***, get a job and pay half of the bill, go in dutch. You'll even get more money that way since it's both people working. At least do that until you decide to have kids. (And I'm not saying this to you directly since according to your profile you're a male)

Sorry man, as nice as it sounds it's just part of your feminist dreams and is a rather misguided idea of equality.

Maedar

Banned
So you support gold-diggers - women who marry men simply for their wealth? Wow. I don't see much equality here - your husband is working his *** off in the office while you just sit there and expect him to buy diamonds for you? Get off your fat ***, get a job and pay half of the bill, go in dutch. You'll even get more money that way since it's both people working. At least do that until you decide to have kids. (And I'm not saying this to you directly since according to your profile you're a male)

Sorry man, as nice as it sounds it's just part of your feminist dreams and is a rather misguided idea of equality.

People like you say such horrible things, when what they really mean is "I can't get a date to save my life."

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz

Way to miss my point ENTIRELY.

I'm talking about one of the supposed "perks" of the current patriarchal system that feminism decries. You know, that whole men should pay thing that got mentioned in the Manood Academy video. I'm deconstructing it. >_>

I'm talking about one of the supposed "perks" of the current patriarchal system that feminism decries.
God, what "patriarchal system"? Watching you sit and argue such a stupid video by bringing up some amorphic, unsubstantiated claim of "societal dominance by men that facilitates systemic oppression of females" is unbearable. You could just argue the points in the video, if you even give it any weight at all, but instead you would prefer to just make offhand references to something that, to my knowledge, has yet to have been firmly established as a real system.

Deconstruction is great and all, but despite how terribly made and annoying and full of crap the video was, you should at least try to pick apart the actual arguments that were floating about in there.

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz
God, what "patriarchal system"? Watching you sit and argue such a stupid video by bringing up some amorphic, unsubstantiated claim of "societal dominance by men that facilitates systemic oppression of females" is unbearable. You could just argue the points in the video, if you even give it any weight at all, but instead you would prefer to just make offhand references to something that, to my knowledge, has yet to have been firmly established as a real system.

Deconstruction is great and all, but despite how terribly made and annoying and full of crap the video was, you should at least try to pick apart the actual arguments that were floating about in there.

I get the whole "I think feminism is bull and and the patriarchy doesn't exist" thing, but just because YOU don't want to acknowledge and recognize the system that's in place, doesn't mean that it suddenly it stops existing. I would try to come up with an argument that convinces you, but here in Puerto Rico there's a saying that applies perfectly. Roughly translated: No one is blinder than he who doesn't want to see.

Either way, who is supposed to establish this concept for it to be valid in your eyes? As far as I'm aware, sociology (you know, the study of how society works) recognizes patriarchy as a thing and recognize that women are a minority group as well.

I think the burden of proof is on you to prove that patriarchy doesn't exists since all evidence seems to be on my side.

Here is a link to a Soc101 course talking about Patriarchy.

I get the whole "I think feminism is bull and and the patriarchy doesn't exist" thing, but just because YOU don't want to acknowledge and recognize the system that's in place, doesn't mean that it suddenly it stops existing.
I would love to hear all about your Patriarchy and all the proof you have for it.

I would try to come up with an argument that convinces you, but
But?

Either way, who is supposed to establish this concept for it to be valid in your eyes?
I don't care. I had hoped someone in the thread who believed it was a thing that people actually contend with would do it, but most of them link me to sociology classes.

As far as I'm aware, sociology (you know, the study of how society works) recognizes patriarchy as a thing and recognize that women are a minority group as well.
Sure, the term "patriarchy" in sociology is a thing. I don't even deny that. There's two problems here, though, the first of which is degree. You're version, as I should call it, is an exaggerated interpretation of reality, going from "yeah, men probably have more high-level jobs in government and education" to "society systematically oppresses women because they're women".

The second is that women are like, 50% of society. So there's that. Usually minority groups are composed of, well, minorities.

I think the burden of proof is on you to prove that patriarchy doesn't exists since all evidence seems to be on my side.
For a guy with all the proof, you're distinctly lacking in the proof department. So far, you've defined the term, which is great and all... but you know, you need more than a link to a professor talking about what it is to prove anything.

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz
Sure, the term "patriarchy" in sociology is a thing. I don't even deny that. There's two problems here, though, the first of which is degree. You're version, as I should call it, is an exaggerated interpretation of reality, going from "yeah, men probably have more high-level jobs in government and education" to "society systematically oppresses women because they're women".

See the thing is, you say "men probably have more high-level jobs in government and education" without realizing that there is a reason for this.

Anytime women try to enter a male dominated field, they are basically bullied and insubordinated until they leave.

Now, I get that this is an informal video from a youtuber, but if you focus on that you miss the bigger picture, that this is NOT a unique experience and it translates into "real life", you know, off youtube.