• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Feminism & Rape Culture 2014: My Post is Up Here Guys

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
Reading what he said right before "femininity should be equal to masculinity as it is", I think he was just unclear/made an error in word choice somewhere along the line.
Like I said, he may have just phrased it in a strange way.

But it's worth pointing out because there are some people out there who really think we should aim for specific quantities of femininity and masculinity, such as people who believe in feminist ethics. Much of Blazekickblaziken's thoughts on masculine vs feminist values in history, western imperialism, and other loosely related things contains similar logic.

BigLutz

Banned

Maedar

Banned
I have a question for you, Lutz. How much do you respect John Adams?

That's right, the second President, one of the Founding Fathers. Was he a bad man? Of course not...

Or was he?

As a lawyer, he defended some very hated criminals and got them off, the British soldiers involved in the Boston massacre. Despite the fact that they couldn't pay him much and almost everyone in Boston was screaming for their blood, he defended them, getting six of them acquitted, and reducing the charges of two (the ones who had fired) from murder to manslaughter.

Why did he take the case? No-one else would. He said, and I quote:

It is more important that innocence be protected than it is that guilt be punished, for guilt and crimes are so frequent in this world that they cannot all be punished.

But if innocence itself is brought to the bar and condemned, perhaps to die, then the citizen will say, "whether I do good or whether I do evil is immaterial, for innocence itself is no protection," and if such an idea as that were to take hold in the mind of the citizen that would be the end of security whatsoever.

Unquote.

The job of a lawyer, the duty of a lawyer, is to give a defendant the best defense possible. Lawyers do not pass judgment. That's the job of the judge and jury.

If you don't like it, move to some dictatorship where that isn't the case.

BigLutz

Banned
I have a question for you, Lutz. How much do you respect John Adams.

That's right, the second President, one of the Founding Fathers. Was he a bad man? Of course not...

Or was he?

As a lawyer, he defended some very hated criminals and got them off, the British soldiers involved in the Boston massacre. Despite the fact that they couldn't pay him much and almost everyone in Boston was screaming for their blood, he defended them, getting six of them acquitted, and reducing the charges of two (the ones who had fired) from murder to manslaughter.

Why did he take the case? No-one else would. He said, and I quote:

Unquote.

The job of a lawyer, the duty of a lawyer, is to give a defendant the best defense possible. Lawyers do not pass judgment. That's the job of the judge and jury.

If you don't like it, move to some dictatorship where that isn't the case.

And that means a lawyer has a duty to **** shame a 12 year old girl? There is defending your client, and then there is defending your client with a zeal that attempts to utterly destroy the victim using one of the worse tactics of the Rape Culture

Let me put it this way, Hillary Clinton wanted to attack the girl because she heard that the girl was precocious and that she had heard that girl's that age seek out older men. Even if that were true, that does not mean she deserved to be rape, thus that argument has no validity in the trial other than to attack the victim

Last edited:

Maedar

Banned
At least Hillary, unlike some people, knows what the definition of rape means. You still supported Akin in his run for Senate, calling him a "necessary evil".

And btw, the case involving Hilary is hardly different than other rape cases. Sadly, such cases are usually stacked against the victim. That's why they usually try to plea bargain.

You argument holds no water. Hillary was doing her job.

Edit: Prove Hillary did with any more malice than the typical lawyer, Lutz. Go on, prove it.

BigLutz

Banned

I believe we went over this in the Presidential topic and how we have grown into a culture of Guilty until Proven Innocent

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...-2016-Election-Thread&p=17243781#post17243781

At least Hillary, unlike some people, knows what the definition of rape means. You still supported Akin in his run for Senate, calling him a "necessary evil".

Link please

And btw, the case involving Hilary is hardly different than other rape cases. Sadly, such cases are usually stacked against the victim. That's why they usually try to plea bargain.

You argument holds no water. Hillary was doing her job.

Edit: Prove Hillary did with any more malice than the typical lawyer, Lutz. Go on, prove it.

So your argument is that every lawyer engages in **** Shaming? Really? That is a rather outstanding charge, and even so, that is hardly the actions of a woman who is a "Child and Woman advocate"

Maedar

Banned
Link please

As I already said, I can't. It's on TPM.

So your argument is that every lawyer engages in **** Shaming? Really? That is a rather outstanding charge, and even so, that is hardly the actions of a woman who is a "Child and Woman advocate"

Yes. Just follow ANY similar trial.

If it were a Republican who had done it as a young lawyer, you'd grant him a mulligan, I'm certain of it.

Watch your language.

Silver Soul

To say that being raped is a privilege is appalling and even readers, politicians, and newspapers alike disprove of it. Jon Stewart yesterday even talked about how students who were charged with rape were punished by suspension prior to graduation which is basically vacation and it is happening in over 50 campuses.

BigLutz

Banned
To say that being raped is a privilege is appalling and even readers, politicians, and newspapers alike disprove of it. Jon Stewart yesterday even talked about how students who were charged with rape were punished by suspension prior to graduation which is basically vacation and it is happening in over 50 campuses.

I agree it is, but I also agree to his broader point that there is a unfair double standard when it comes to presumption of Rape

Maedar said:
As I already said, I can't. It's on TPM.

If you can't prove it then I would suggest you stop making the charge

Maedar said:
Yes. Just follow ANY similar trial.

If it were a Republican who had done it as a young lawyer, you'd grant him a mulligan, I'm certain of it.

Watch your language.

Really care to point out a trial in which a 12 year old rape victim was **** shamed?

Maedar

Banned
See this Lutz?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/08/daisy-coleman_n_4925170.html

This is the latest story in the Daisy Coleman case, where the courts have gone to every possible length to ruin a rape victim's life to avoid prosecuting the star varsity football players who committed the assault.

I can present the entire history of the case if you want, where the shaming was FAR worse than what you accuse Ms. Clinton of.

BigLutz

Banned
See this Lutz?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/08/daisy-coleman_n_4925170.html

This is the latest story in the Daisy Coleman case, where the courts have gone to every possible length to ruin a rape victim's life to avoid prosecuting the star varsity football players who committed the assault.

I can present the entire history of the case if you want, where the shaming was FAR worse than what you accuse Ms. Clinton of.

You do realize that exposing contradictions in a sworn statement is not the same as saying a 12 year old girl went out seeking to older men thus she is at fault for being raped. And again I ask where is your proof that a CHILD rape victim has been **** shammed?

Maedar

Banned
There you have it, folks. He avoided it by using a technicality, as if Ms. Coleman was a statistic.

The Coleman case is as much a case of shaming the victim as the one he sites, and the victim has nearly been driven to suicide as a result. So why is Lutz answering with specifics about the case, and not treating her as a person like he is with the victim in Hillary's case?

I say, because all he truly cares about is smearing Hillary.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
There you have it, folks. He avoided it by using a technicality, as if Ms. Coleman was a statistic.

The Coleman case is as much a case of shaming the victim as the one he sites, and the victim has nearly been driven to suicide as a result. So why is Lutz answering with specifics about the case, and not treating her as a person like he is with the victim in Hillary's case?

I say, because all he truly cares about is smearing Hillary.

Can you please actually show where the shaming comes in? I mean pointing out contradictions is not exactly shaming, I would gladly condemn an act of shaming but so far you only pointed out a article that is mainly technicalities not shaming.

LDSman

Lolsgod

Sexy Trainer
Sorry, New guy here. I read the last few pages to get an idea of this debate before saying anything.

Warning this is a bit of a vulgar side to take but I do think he articulates himself well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlSh6wBXePM

This youtuber makes a lot of content relating to this so at least as food for thought I do highly recommend at least checking him out, he also includes links and video clips of the things he responses to.

Also I saw earlier that there was someone claiming that all attorneys that go against the victim of a rape are ****-shaming. I entirely disagree with this because the claim that is being made is that anything a victim of a rape says is fact without question. While I do agree that rape is an awful crime, that does not mean that we abandon any form of the rule of law we have set up in this country. In the end of the day, rape cases do mostly come down to one persons word against another and we cannot punish someone legally for just a claim. That defeats the purpose of innocent until proven guilty and would put us one step closer to becoming a country that is unstable like the many discussed in this very thread.