• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Feraligatr [Discussion]

Soperman

The One and Only
Just curious, but couldn't Bulk Up work for Feraligtr, too? Bulky 'Gatr could work really well. Just without Superpower. Like this:

Feraligatr @ Life Orb (Or whatever)
Adamant
200 Hp/252 Atk/56 Sp. Def
-Bulk Up
-Waterfall/Aqua Jet
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake

Pretty standard, and should work well.

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
Just curious, but couldn't Bulk Up work for Feraligtr, too? Bulky 'Gatr could work really well. Just without Superpower. Like this:

Feraligatr @ Life Orb (Or whatever)
Adamant
200 Hp/252 Atk/56 Sp. Def
-Bulk Up
-Waterfall/Aqua Jet
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake

Pretty standard, and should work well.

I could see that working. Then he can actually survive Breloom.Well, the D-Dance set could work, but it's much more risky.

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
No, doesn't. Not in RSE or any other games.

Well that's to bad. I figured he'd learn it from Brawly's TM.

Anyhow, A Check this time.

Feraligtr, Hypothectically, should be able to KO one of his Rivals. Scrafty can be a major Nuissance to the Gatr by using D-Dance and Drain punch. But with the help of SuperPower, Aqua Jet and a Focus Sash, Scrafty stands no chance. Being slower than The Gangster, Feraligatr doesn't care about Drain Punch and attacks with SuperPower. Realizing that the fight isn't over, he punks the Gangster with Aqua Jet. (I'm assuming this works!) I'm also assuming they have both been boosted by Dragon Dance.

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
Yeah? Just because a Pokemon is RU doesn't mean it can't be used or UU or OU.

I was replying to this:
Well since Feraligatr is UU using it in lower tiers such as RU and NU is not allowed, and Lanturn is pretty rare in UU. However, it is a threat that a team using Feraligatr should check, or any Water type that doesn't have a ground subtype.

Feraligatr does not do well in UU or OU because of slowbro, ferrothorn, jellicent, gyarados, and Rotom-W.

Eranu™

this thread is l0l.

anyhoo, fera is a monsta in OU. :)

Thanks for the contribution!

Swords Dance set with rain support is too good.
If you pair it with Rotom-w and Tornadus it's so easy to get a sweep off.
But since it's torrent is pretty important i don't know if life orb would be the best item to go with.
Expert Belt or Mystic Water can be options but most of Feraligatr's moves need the life orb boost to OHKO. So i think feraligatr will only become a top threat when its dream world ability is released.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Hope that it's female when it is released from the Dream World but like the others, most likely not, lowering its usability.

Feraligatr, my favourite starter after Charizard (Meganium isn't fitting for Silver). Since the introduction of Dragon Dance, it has been outclassed by Gyarados. Despite the extra weakness, after its ability activates, the leviathan possesses more bulk than the alligator. Not to mention that Feraligatr has to rely on lower power attacks along with lower Attack in general. Unless it gets a female Dream World release, we won't be seeing much of Feraligatr due to it being severely outclassed.

Soperman

The One and Only
lol it doesn't learn Bulk Up.
Well that makes no sense.
As to Pimm, I don't really see why Feraligatr can't have the Life Orb with Torrent. Doesn't it help bring it down to Torrent (although admittedly, it would kill it quickly afterward)

complete legitimacy

pack that fudge
Just thought the mighty GATR TIME couldn't go without being posted.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
-Swords Dance
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Return

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
Is that used in RU or OU? I'm just interested in finding out about those speed EV's.

Eaglehawk

Banned
I think that's RU. In OU, it runs full 252 HP/252 Att and run under rain. It also abuses Aqua Jet with a Swords Dance, Rain, Life Orb, and possible Torrent boost, but team building around it is a pain imo.

Eranu™

Well that makes no sense.
As to Pimm, I don't really see why Feraligatr can't have the Life Orb with Torrent. Doesn't it help bring it down to Torrent (although admittedly, it would kill it quickly afterward)

Since it has to rely on torrent and life orb for most of its OHKOs i don't really think it's going to shine in OU until its dw ability is released. That's what i'm trying to say.

Feraligatr is a staple in my team and has saved my *** multiple times. I equip him with rocky helmet and he's a pretty great pokemon. I honestly don't believe that he's been one his KO'd once besides by a Krookodile that I'm 90% sure was hacked. Hopefully the secret of Feraligatr being great doesn't get out, because I want him to be my secret weapon lol He trolls dragons hard with ice punch +1