• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ferriswheelshipping (NxHilda) General Discussion v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Who are they?

Hilda:

The female playable character in the first Black and White games from the fifth generation. She traveled around the Unova region while collecting gym badges to challenge the Unova Elite 4 and Champion.

Natural Harmonia Gropius/N:

N was the puppet leader of Team Plasma in Pokémon Black and White and aspired to create separate worlds for humans and Pokémon. In BW2 he returns to help save Kyurem from Ghetsis. N is also able to understand Pokemon when they speak.

Rules:

1. All SPPf rules apply. Following them shouldn't be too hard.
2. Please, absolutely no bashing of any kind. Respect one another and other people's opinions. If you have a problem with someone's opinion, rationally point out what you don't like, don't impulsively and baselessly attack his position.
3. No double, triple, or more posts are allowed. Only one is needed.
4. All fanart not created by you must be credited to its author.
5. No one liners [post consisting of one line or less], please.
6. Please stay on topic.

Topic Questions:

What do you like about Ferriswheelshipping and what is your reasoning for shipping N and Hilda?

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I made this sort of a plot point in the fanfic series I was making.

The list at the moment that are in the definite. (Close to canon)

Elio x Lillie
Wes x Rui
Nate x Yancy
Brendan x May
Cheren x Bianca (Never said anything in the story but it has obvious signs.)

Alolan Rescue Team Exploring The Mind
Also brought the Lusamine x Mohn after significant build up leading to the guy regaining memories. (A canon ship since Mohn is the reason Lusamine went crazy as what USUM made more clear where S/M speculated and... was proven to be one of the causes of insanity because of USUM.)

The Ships I made because I can. (Not anyway hinted to be canon but I do it because.... I can.)

Ethan x Whitney
Lucas x Candice
Calem x Hex Maniac (Magdoline)
As well as a spoiler pairing that is coming up that is in this category.

Hilda x N however is in the.... other category. (Ship that while it can work has way too many complications to EVER make it a lovey dovey couple.)

One, N is around 18/20 in the canon while Hilda is 14. In the fanfic verse I made, which takes place six years after black and white... Hilda's age isn't a problem. (Twenty and looking very good!)

However there is a few other reasons this shipping is in the other category.

First and foremost. Ghetsis really messed N up on a mental and emotional level! N was being brainwashed into thinking all trainers treat their pokemon like dirt through out his entire life just for Ghetsis little power scheme.
Second, it took Hilda five years to even FIND N again. Her ultimate goal is to help him rather than do anything involving real romance! (Friends at worst! Very good friends at best!)
Third. Because of the mentioned brainwashing, N's mental growth is like that of a growing child. That would be Hilda taking advantage over him if she goes in!

It's a rather sad shipping all things considered

Avietta_Ikarilove

Softly with grace
AHH YES
Not going to lie I was going to start one myself and was even in the process of writing the starter before you posted this one : p

What do you like about Ferriswheelshipping and what is your reasoning for shipping N and Hilda?

I think the thing I like the most about Ferriswheelshipping is the respect they hold for each other compared to other Pokémon couples. N respects Hilda for the strength she has and how truthful she is compared to the ideals N himself holds. He doesn't look down on her - he even views their interactions as ways to grow, and in the end, she teaches him what it means to be a Pokémon's partner. In turn, he teaches her about Pokémon; the thoughts they have, the joy they have when alongside their Trainers. N himself shows how grateful he is to her for changing him in BW2, as he refers to her with nothing more than respect and gratefulness.

Technically, that's also my main reason for shipping them, but it's also because they aesthetically fit together really well , and also because I love speculating about post-game BW.

Status
Not open for further replies.