• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ferriswheelshipping (NxHilda) General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Who are they?

Hilda:

The female playable character in the first Black and White games from the fifth generation. She traveled around the Unova region while collecting gym badges to challenge the Unova Elite 4 and Champion.

Natural Harmonia Gropius/N:

N was the puppet leader of Team Plasma in Pokémon Black and White and aspired to create separate worlds for humans and Pokémon. In BW2 he returns to help save Kyurem from Ghetsis. N is also able to understand Pokemon when they speak.

Rules:

1. All SPPf rules apply. Following them shouldn't be too hard.
2. Please, absolutely no bashing of any kind. Respect one another and other people's opinions. If you have a problem with someone's opinion, rationally point out what you don't like, don't impulsively and baselessly attack his position.
3. No double, triple, or more posts are allowed. Only one is needed.
4. All fanart not created by you must be credited to its author.
5. No one liners [post consisting of one line or less], please.
6. Please stay on topic.

Topic Questions:

What do you like about Ferriswheelshipping and what is your reasoning for shipping N and Hilda?

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
I like this Pairing its probably my second favorite right next to Pearlshipping. The fanart is EXTREMELY cute.
I'd really wish we had seen Hilda in BW2 to see her interacting with N

They work really well. I think I put a long and lengthy rant in my shipping list about this ship. If platonic origin didn't exist then this would probably be my OTP, along with Marisson and LiveCaster. You can tell that despite fighting against her N deeply respects her, and basically claims a bit of his love at one point; "I actually kind of liked you a little." Plus the N's farewell scene, which makes it yet more emotional and shippable. Then you realise in B2W2 Hilda left her mum aged 14 to look for him. Yeah, that's a thing. Plus the fact that it is shown by the dragons that you two are the heroes of Unova. People never really understand that. But Hilda and N both then proceeded to do a hero's piece of work; Hilda showed N the right way, and N saved Rosa/Nate's life in B2W2. This wouldn't have happened if N hadn't chosen Hilda as his rival. I ship it. Hardcore.

And now I think I might know why they didn't add Hilda in B2W2.

Hilda was 16 in that game.

I think we all know what that age is *insert lennyface*.

Innocentmercy

Oh dang. I remember this pairing! They were a hit back in the days.

N is so sweet towards Hilda. Their relationship is so sweet and pretty angsty (when he leaves.)

AmethystLeslie

The ending of White did it for me, something about it was cute enough to make me ship them right then and there.

I've saved a frickton of fanart to my computer, and read a few fanfics of them.

kukuiz

Omg they are my favorite paring of the games, along with hoennchampionshipping, ironwillshipping and soulsilvershipping

I love and how the bw main character shakes N's world and how they develop together. I love the teasing when he says in bw2 he needs to meet the main character to show how he feels and the yin yang references. I think they have one of the most beautiful stories in pokemon, even if it's bittersweet.

Avietta_Ikarilove

Softly with grace
Ah, what a coincidence! I just finished replaying Pokémon Black and decided to check back in on the Forums after a while.

I love this ship mainly because of their interactions in Pokémon Black and White. N started off as someone who looked down on Hilda, but eventually grew to see her as his equal. I really don't know why I started or like this ship. It's just one of those unexplainable things.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
What do you like about Ferriswheelshipping and what is your reasoning for shipping N and Hilda?
For me I found there interactions cute in B1W1 and when N wanted to try to find Hilda in B2W2. I like how both seemed to like and get along with each other but also at the same time are against each other since N was the king of Team Plasma and Hilda was the one trying to stop them. It made for an excellent story imo. I also read this fanfic on ff.net called Eden where Hilda lost the final battle against N and was taken captive as he ruled the world and did Team plasma's dirty work as their puppet while believing that he was doing the right thing.

AdvancedGenGenesect

I feel like we need to revive something here.
We cant let ferrisweelShipping die out like some other easily debunkable ships like orangeshipping.
Maybe its because this ship and the anime dont really connect. Maybe ill even right a fanfic of this one day

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I love reading ferriswheel fanfics, especially the ones where Hilda loses the final battle against N and he takes her as his prisoner/Queen. I just love how they interact in these types of fanfics plus the endings always end up being touching to me.

I also like in the games after you battle N in his castle ruins in BW2 where he says something about searching for a certain trainer or something like that.

I love reading ferriswheel fanfics, especially the ones where Hilda loses the final battle against N and he takes her as his prisoner/Queen. I just love how they interact in these types of fanfics plus the endings always end up being touching to me.

I also like in the games after you battle N in his castle ruins in BW2 where he says something about searching for a certain trainer or something like that.

That scene really touched me:

"I will… I'll search for that Trainer I battled two years ago. And… I plan to say thank you."

Yep, my heart melted.

Hot Limit

Hey, wasn't there a shipping thread for this pair before? I can't remember, it's been a while! ^___^

But I absolutely adore this ship! It is my favorite next to Advance and Aloha!

My reason for shipping them, is because of their chemistry together! I don't know how to explain it, but they just fit so well together! N being kind of distant and calculative, and Touko being tough and rough and having raw emotions. At least, that's how I view them. And idk, their interactions, although not necessarily romantic in the games, can be borderline tension between them that screamed chemistry to me. When I was playing the game, I cried at their interactions! I recently was looking at my old game, missing these two!

Gah, might as well show my fanfic! Hope you guys like. They're just drabbles, but I figured this will help understand why I think they are so great together! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7028611/1/Shades-of-Grey

~~I hope this is not necroposting.~~

I adore this shipping because BW was the first game that I actually played through fully, and the story itself was fascinating: completely different from other installments of the series. And in that story I loved how N and the protagonist took so much part in influencing each other; with Hilda getting N to develop his perspective, and Hilda going out by herself to search for N once again. In BW2, I still couldn't get rid of thoughts about the relationship.

Apart from the gaming experience, I really like the fanart too; this seems to have been popular at pixiv. I've also read fanfictions; most of them portrayed ferriswheelshipping as I expected them to, and I was definitely satisfied.

But overall, respects to two characters who led me into the Pokemon world and showed how good a Pokemon game's plot could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.