• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FerrisWheelShipping v3 (Hilda x N)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monozu

この日、森の中・・・
My favourite ship! Obviously, or I wouldn't be making this thread. I hope it doesn't die out like most of the other threads on this section, including the last two FerrisWheelShipping threads. :/ Let's try to keep this one alive.

The thread rules are the same as the Serebii rules. Please read the rules of the shipping section if you haven't already done so.

Who's in this ship?

Hilda- the player character of Black and White. They opposed Team Plasma and became the Unova region champion. Finally, they inspired N to change his views and do things for the better. After the events of Black and White, they leave to search for N.

N - the puppet leader of Team Plasma. He has the ability to speak to Pokemon and cares strongly about their rights. He's had a rather rough upbringing thanks to his father Ghetsis, who manipulated him behind the scenes and convinced him all trainers were evil. Hilda was the person who changed this view of his.

Why ship it?

Of course, this ship isn't canon, and this is entirely subjective, but there are several things which make it a good ship.
  • Hilda plays an important role in N's life. N is very grateful to them, as seen in B2W2.
  • Hilda leaves the region to go and search for N, which shows they care quite a bit for him.
  • Quite a few of N's lines in both Gen 5 games can be read with romantic undertones and/or express admiration for the player (Hilda).
  • Similarly, some of the situations in the game can be seen as romantic, including the eponymous Ferris Wheel scene in Black and White where N tells Hilda about his role in Team Plasma.
  • Hilda and N are meant to be opposites, and you know what they say: opposites attract. In any case, this dynamic adds a lot of interest to the ship.

Have fun discussing FerrisWheelShipping!

Below are my thoughts on the ship:

I like this ship a lot. I've liked it ever since I played BW back in 2011, in fact, and despite not being a shipping person, this is my all-time OTP. I've described reasons this ship works well in the section above, but sadly there are also several things which would prevent this ship from actually happening in my opinion.

Age gap:
The player character is canonically thirteen or fourteen, while N is eighteen as of Black and White. That's a pretty large developmental difference, and they really shouldn't be dating at that point. Secondly, N's mindset is still rather childlike thanks to Ghetsis's decision to cloister him in a castle as he grew up, so that creates a power imbalance between him and Hilda. Not good for a relationship!

I change this in my headcanon by making the player sixteen so there's only two year's difference between them. After all, the Black and White player characters were originally meant to be sixteen before the decision was made to age them down. Still, a relationship between a sixteen and eighteen year old is rather questionable, so I don't see them dating until after the events of Black 2 and White 2.

Situation:
Of course, the age gap makes it a very bad idea for them to date (whether you think Hilda is fourteen or sixteen). But they've had to fight against each other, and N's interactions with the player in Black and White are often argumentative and antagonistic. Although the two don't harbour any ill-will towards each other and see each other as good people, they haven't had an opportunity to become true, close friends (in my opinion, the first step of a good relationship) thanks to the wider Team Plasma conflict.

Also, after the events of Black and White, N needs to adjust to life in the normal world and recover from realising that his life was built on top of a pack of lies from Ghetsis, and Hilda has to come to terms with being champion of Unova and with the events at N's castle. These personal challenges would probably make a relationship difficult.

However, I also think that Hilda and N could work through them together, and that would bring them closer, too! What do you think?

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
FerrisWheelshipping only refers to Hilda/N. Hilbert/N has its own separate ship called IsshuShipping.

Monozu

この日、森の中・・・
Thanks for telling me - I've edited the title and OP to change it to be specific to NxHilda.

... it's been 2000 years since I've been on this forum, sorry for the late reply.

Last edited:

Hot Limit

Hi! Just want to say that I absolutely love this ship! It's absolutely adorable and it's one of my favorite. Their little moments were so adorable and when they rode the ferris wheel and how they're basically searching for each other by the end of BW and BW2. I keep thinking what would happen when they finally meet! Gosh, and N in BW2 how he kept on referring to "that trainer." But yeah, I'm just here hoping to find good fanart and fanfics. But yeah haha.

Here is my ferriswheelshipping fanfic if anyone wants to read it: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7028611/1/Shades-of-Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.