• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Few Weaknesses

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
I decided to make a team that is not trickrom or weather related, but related to Pokemon with few or no weaknesses. Here it is:

images

Scizor@Focus Band
Technician
Adamant, Likes to Thrash about
252 Attack, 252 Defense
U-turn
Bullet Punch
Super Power
Pursuit

A Tank I thought would be useful. Bullet Punch will let Scizor hit first. Super Power will do some fine damage, but will be used for Steel, Normal, and Rock types only. Pursuit will damage those who are attempting to switch out, and U-turn will be used to high tail outta there.

217.png

Ursarang@Burn Orb
Guts
Brave, Likes to Thrash About.
252 Attack, 252 HP
Facade
Shadow Claw
Taunt
Brick Break

My Wall breaker/Revenge Killer. Taunt will be used at the beginning of the battle. Because of the Toxic Orb, Guts activates and Facade's power increases as well. Shadow Claw is added just for extra coverage, and Brick Break stops any Protects, Light Screens, and Reflects.

drapion.png

Drapion@Scope Lens
Sniper
Impish, Capable of Taking Hits
252 Attack, 252 Defense
Cross Poison
Crunch
Hone Claws
Ice Fang

Another Tank. Scope Lens boosts Critical ratio, and Sniper influences the ratio as well. Cross Poison has a high Critical Hit ratio, so crits will land often. Crunch will be used for STAB, Ice Fang for coverage against the only weakness to this thing: Ground. Hone Claws will be used before for extra attack and accuracy.

11008snorlax_5533.jpg

Snorlax@Leftovers
Thick Fat
Hardy, Often Dozes Off
252 HP, 128 Attack, 128 Defense
Rest
Sleep Talk
Heavy Slam
Curse

My Wall. Curse shall be applied to increase Attack and Defense, making it bulkier. When my HP is low, Rest will be used, and Sleep Talk will be spammed until awakening. Heavy Slam is added because of Snorlax's 1014 pound weight.

604.png

Eelektross@Expert belt
Levitate
Lonely, Proud of it's Power
252 Attack, 252 Sp. Attack
Brick Break
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Wild Charge

My Wild Card, if you will. Brick Break will destroy Protect, Light Screen, and Reflect. Crunch will be used for extra coverage. Dragon Claw to take out those pesky Dragons, and Wild Charge for STAB

catch-spiritomb-pokemon-diamond-800x800.jpg

Spiritomb@Life Orb
Pressure
Relaxed, Somewhat Vain
252 Defense, 252 Sp. Defense
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Sucker Punch
Rock Tomb

A last Resort. This Spiritomb will use the classic Hypnosis/Dream Eater technique. Rock Tomb will lower their speed, and Sucker Punch for any attack moves issued at Spiritomb.

Please rate this team, and change anything that must be changed.

Last edited:

Zorua1

I really think you should change scizor into a technician Scizor since it is way better with its 90 base power priority bullet punch heres a common choice band set

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 / 8 Spe
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Super Power
- Pursuit / Quick Attack

This set would be good so you can abuse some priority since you don't have any on your team right now.
You could also go for the bulky swords dance set

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 Sp Def
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite / Super Power
- Roost

Last edited:

dodohead272

on ursaring swith toxic orb to burn orb it doesnt get the atk drop from the burn plus the damage doesnt double every turn

redlongmagnet

T3 Founder
Definitely put a Band on that Scizor! Or SD I personally love the CB set, also give Ursaring a Flame Orb, poison increases the damage your taking each turn while burn doesnt. Spiritomb doesn't really need Shadow Ball and Dark pulse IMO, maybe give him HP Fight to take out normal and steel types. Also Eelektross works better with a physical set along the lines of Wild Charge/Brick Break/ and well I forgot the rest, im sure you could find a set on smogon. Snorlax should probably have Leftovers, he isn't going to be OHKO'ed ever or often IMO. Also take away the unpredictable Metrenome for curse to increase his ATK and Def ?

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
on ursaring swith toxic orb to burn orb it doesnt get the atk drop from the burn plus the damage doesnt double every turn

Definitely put a Band on that Scizor! Or SD I personally love the CB set, also give Ursaring a Flame Orb, poison increases the damage your taking each turn while burn doesnt. Spiritomb doesn't really need Shadow Ball and Dark pulse IMO, maybe give him HP Fight to take out normal and steel types. Also Eelektross works better with a physical set along the lines of Wild Charge/Brick Break/ and well I forgot the rest, im sure you could find a set on smogon. Snorlax should probably have Leftovers, he isn't going to be OHKO'ed ever or often IMO. Also take away the unpredictable Metrenome for curse to increase his ATK and Def ?

Burn doesn't lower Attack? I thought it did. That's why I went with Toxic....Focus Band? I can do that.Thanks for the tips.

Last edited:

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
Burn doesn't lower Attack? I thought it did. That's why I went with Toxic....Focus Band? I can do that.Thanks for the tips.

It doesn't lower attack when guts is involved, otherwise it does. Also CHOICE BAND not FOCUS BAND!

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
It doesn't lower attack when guts is involved, otherwise it does. Also CHOICE BAND not FOCUS BAND!

NOOO! NOOO! OH GOD, NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I WILL NEVER USE CHOICE BAND OR CHOICE SPECKS! THEY ARE A DEATH TRAP! *Grabs Shotgun*i'LL GO ON A RAMPAGE!

Yeah, that is my answer to Choice Band/Specks. I don't want to be absorbed into one attack. i was always hesitant with Outrage and moves like that.

hallstromjr

Boston Celtic
I used to be anti-Choice as well, until I realized how much damage it did. It just makes for more switching really, and it will help you alot. Banded Technician Scizor is immensely powerful, trust me.