• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fic ideas V.2

I've got one.

1-You take one of most powerful, ruthless, and twisted creatures you can imagine (a shadow giratina, dark Samus, Ted Bundy, etc)

Ted Bundy? He's a bastard of a human being, yes, but comparisons to super-natural evils is probably a bad idea. Unless Ted Bundy can turn his evil into the power to destroy the world.

2-Make it suffer some sort of disaster (specially by its own hand, or whatever it has)

3-Use the previous incident as a excuse to turn you intended victim into the most pathethic creature you can imagine (the pokemon unknown, a talking book, a brain in jar attached to the last thing you might want as a supervillans thug, a toy for preschoolers, a citric-based batery, etc)

4-Make your subject react to its situation in the most ridiculous, melodramatic, and comically satisfying way.

Any similarity a certain videogame not available in nintendo platforms, isn't a coincidence, ladies and gentleman.

P.D: For further information=

A-In the recent years, I have had the chance of both playing Playstation 2 games as well as the ones on Nintendo DS, so I had to thank that for having a really wide gaming experience.

B-The game I mention is on the earlier system, and here is a link for it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makai_Kingdom
;010;

I just hope this isn't a serious idea and just a boring troll.

This is a random idea I wanted to bounce off somebody before I got too into it. It may be too standard, I dunno.

So we start out with a dreamy 'leap before you look' kind of hero/heroine. S/he comes from a normal kind of place (for the Pokemon world, anyhow) and is a huge fan of TV shows, movies, and comics that glamorize the travels of Pokemon Trainers. S/he decides that s/he wants to be one of those glamorous Trainers, but his/her parents say no. Probably because they know about his/her chances being slim for success.

But the kid decides to run off and becomes a stowaway on a ship. The captain is amused by the kid's plan, saying he was like that as his/her age. So he drops the kid off in the Jasper region at the town where the Professor lives. The kid's very excited, but not certain of where to go, checks with the Pokecenter. The nurse seems worried, but goes ahead and tells him/her where the Professor's lab is.

Then s/he meets Professor Ned. Now Ned is a batty kind of guy. He won't do any work unless everything is just so, then works for days on end without coming out of his lab. The hero/heroine starts becoming worried, but offers to work as Ned's assistant. Ned agrees and puts the kid to completing apparently meaningless tasks.

Eventually, the hero/heroine starts hinting that, say, wouldn't it be nice if somebody took a Pokedex and went out to catalogue all of the Pokemon that lived in Jasper? Subtle hints don't work on Ned, but the message gets through and he likes the idea. He agrees to set the kid up with all the things necessary to become a traveling researcher.

At the very last minute, he finally remembers the starter Pokemon. The hero/heroine hopes for a choice of three, but then is simply given one. This Pokemon is apparently Ned's special bioengineering project. He gives the kid a strange warning about the starter, then sends him/her off on a journey that is anything but glamorous.

The starter is one of my fakemon and is so for a specific reason. The readers know as much about the Pokemon as the main character does, which is almost nothing. The warning is to not let it set itself on fire, as it's a Grass type, but eventually gains a secondary Fire type. It's a flowery sort, which means it would match a girl, but would be funny with a guy. The journey will likely be a failure as far as Gyms go, but hey, that's how most unwritten journeys go, right? I'm thinking no legendaries, but maybe a disappointment in that lack.

Any kind of comment is welcome.

Okay, so this seems like a very basic seen-one-seen-em-all journey fic. However, I have bolded a very objectionable mark. Yeah, that's not going to go over well, that his pokemon is a special, one of a kind creature. That sounds a little sue-ish. Generally speaking, don't be shocked if this doesn't get the best feedback.

Yami Ryu

Well not just that Mariya.

but then is simply given one. This Pokemon is apparently Ned's special bioengineering project. He gives the kid a strange warning about the starter, then sends him/her off on a journey that is anything but glamorous.

Why would the professor give a very rare, very new, very unknown and very most likely, unstable pokemon to a begining trainer?

The warning is to not let it set itself on fire, as it's a Grass type, but eventually gains a secondary Fire type.

Normally, pokemon that are starters NEVER gain the type of their fellows. Other types yes, but water never groups with grass, grass with fire, or fire with water. So this doesn't help your character or your fake pokemon as it makes them both just moar spechul.

It's a flowery sort, which means it would match a girl, but would be funny with a guy.

That is one of the most sexist things I've ever heard. I don't l;ike Victreebel for being Flowery. I like it cause it's a kick *** hard core Venusfly-trap/Pitcher Plant. And I'm a girl.

And I know guys who LIKE flowers- and gay or not, they're still men.

I'm thinking no legendaries, but maybe a disappointment in that lack.

Why would someone be disappointed about a lack, of legendaries, if the legendaries are well legend.

Normally, pokemon that are starters NEVER gain the type of their fellows. Other types yes, but water never groups with grass, grass with fire, or fire with water. So this doesn't help your character or your fake pokemon as it makes them both just moar spechul.

As well, there's no fire/grass at all, not only in starters, and only one family of water/grass. No fire/water, either, but that would just be silly.

Why would someone be disappointed about a lack, of legendaries, if the legendaries are well legend.

Because... oh, I don't know. But they show up in so many fics anyway. How much could they be missed?

Wait, don't answer that, and let's not even get into the 'flowery' thing.

FINAL VERDICT: Kid, we're not telling you not to do this, but do expect some very harsh reviews if you choose to go through with this, especially in this form. The design needs more sharpening, by a lot, to really be something that could be considered standout among journey fics, which are already so commonplace in the first place.

Chagen46

Hell Crasher
Name:Stupidity loves company
Genre:Comedy/ Action/adv.
Rating:pG-13

Narrator:Well, hello everybody, welcome to a fic by the great Chagen46--even though he's not great--, a comedy starring Kavan Symnok-

Kavan:That's me!

Narrator: May I continu-

Mau-ri: Hey everybody! Don't mind my hyper-ness, I just had 10 pounds of candy and 6 liters of soda!!! Guess what? I'm in this fic too!!!

Narrator:Can I-

Paul: Hey, Paul here; you best remember my name, or you'll get the pointy end of my axe up your throat. I'm stuck in this story with this ******* Kavan-

Kavan: Don't call me a *******!

Paul: Why? After all you get a Darkrai egg! That makes you a total mary sue!

Kavan: No it doesn-

Diamond: Hey, why haven't I got my spotlight yet!?

Narrator: It's not your turn!

Diamond: I don't care; and anyway, you cannot keep my greatness away forever. After all, everyone loves me, and I am the greatest person ever!

Peter: No, you just appeal to stereotypes like all of us.

Diamond: SHUT UP, YOU MIDDLE CLASS PIECE OF TRASH!

Peter: Sorry, if I'm just less of a d**chebag. Anyway, This fic focuses around us as we get into a lot of crazieness at the smogon university in Sinnoh! No matter how boring the day is, something crazy's bound to come up!

Kavan: Yeah, so don't miss this.....

Mau-ri: Yeah, don't miss this awesome fanfiction!!

Paul: It's not really all that awesome.

Diamond: Miss it and I'll spank you.

Paul: You know I like that!

Narrator:*sigh* Why do I bother.....

Last edited:

Foo Fighter

Nostalgia is my pal
Kid, we're not telling you not to do this, but do expect some very harsh reviews if you choose to go through with this, especially in this form. The design needs more sharpening, by a lot, to really be something that could be considered standout among journey fics, which are already so commonplace in the first place.
Am I the only one who found the kid part of that statement to be a just a bit derogatory? Eh, whatever. :^|

So Fic idea. I got it while studying about a particulary gross virus known as Ebolla. What fascinated me about ebolla was the fact that it almost completely robs you of your soul. As my biology teacher put it,
"After ebolla has taken a hold of someone It turns them from being a "who" into a "what". You lose all personality and consciousness is barely there."
My mind went into overdrive as I thouhgt about the wicked virus. What if a modified version of ebolla had come out in existence? One that didn't rob you of your humanity. What if ebolla had a mind? What if this Ebolla mutated into a supernatural being?

Thats precisely what I intend to write about. A living, thinking and destructive disease. This new "Virus" though wouldn't quite be a virus. Picture it more of a large parasite with ebolla like qualities.

We start off with Dante Rausche. Dante is an ex police chief who got fired for being an alcoholic, violent perosn. After being fired from his job his wife leaves him, taking his sons with him. Frustrated, Dante turns to the only thing that could quell his anger now. The bar. He then starts out on a path of selfdestruction through constant drinking and fighting. One night while intoxicated he stumbles onto a graveyard where he accidently falls into a large and freshly dug hole. He is surrounded by rotting corpses covered in a strange black fluid. Dante passes out and manages to be saved by a passing group of mourners. Unbeknownst to him though, he has just passed on a new strain of Ebolla to his saviors. They then proceed to spread the new and deadly disease to everyone they meet, and so on as viruses spread. Dante thinks nothing of this though, it's not the first time he fell in a hole while drunk, and continues living while everyone else becomes infected around him. All scientists are baffled as to how this disease is spreading and where it came from; and even more confused how to stop it. THe government comes in and quarantines the whole area. Completely shutting them off rom the outside world. Through some curious testing Dante discovers he is one of the few, lucky, immune humans. Dante first wants to run, knowing he need not wait for a cure, but after seeing his only true friend, an old bartender name Skidds Brown, infected he decides to stay and find the cause of the virus. Using his immunity to explore places most people would never dream of going to search without 5 layers of protective wear, he hopes to discover the source. Things take a turn for the supernatural though as previously thought to be infected people are magically becoming healed, and a corrupt priest is taking the credit. Dantes has his suspiscions about the priest. He could be the answer to the arising epidemic. Whether that answer be holy are un-holy, Dante will find out.

This is still in early stages though. So feel free to point out plotholes or whatever.

Yami Ryu

Narrator:*sigh* Why do I bother.....

Yes. Why? This isn't even good enough to be a comercial, and you post it here with, bare. BARE. BARE glimpses of your characters and plot. And it almost feels like a poor attempt to troll.

This is discussion of/help with, Fanfic Ideas. If you want to poorly advertise, use the right thread, Chagen.

Paul: Why? After all you get a Darkrai egg! That makes you a total mary sue!

Actually yes. It can.

Edit: Foo, the idea sounds alot like Omega man/I am legend or whatever the hell the first movie/book/whatever was about originally- and the idea is a bit far fetched. A drunken idiot falls face first into a hole while plasterd, seemingly this hole is in a cemetary for he is saved by a luckily passing by group of mourners. This strange black fluid causes Ebola virus- or something like it, and Dante is magically immune.

Ebola Virus and You

Reading up on it- it doesn't seem to be a thing that could be something used as a weapon. Hell Anthrax would be better- even tho Anthrax has just as bad a failing point. Or if you want a real virus. Read the news.

It's called Swine Flu. Influenza is something that could easily be used as a cause of a pandemic- or hell Quarentine, remake or not, had [zombie canable] Rabies as its [near] pandemic.

Last edited:

Chagen46

Hell Crasher
Yes. Why? This isn't even good enough to be a comercial, and you post it here with, bare. BARE. BARE glimpses of your characters and plot. And it almost feels like a poor attempt to troll.

This is discussion of/help with, Fanfic Ideas. If you want to poorly advertise, use the right thread, Chagen.

Actually yes. It can.

That's because the plot is kind of odd; the whole fic in general is more like a Tv show; each chapter is it's own story. Therefore; you cant really advertise this kind of thing.

And, yes, it was supposed to be like a poor advertisement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yami Ryu

Anyways.

If you can't give us a summary of the general idea of your story, or even chapters, or what they may be about, then why don't you just go advertise it in the right thread and post it when it's done :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Chagen46

Hell Crasher

:D reported.

Anyways.

If you can't give us a summary of the general idea of your story, or even chapters, or what they may be about, then why don't you just go advertise it in the right thread and post it when it's done :D

DO you really want me to give a summary? I can if I really have to.

Yami Ryu

Well I think it's the fact a Mod basically said when making the first thread.

Post your ideas to see if they'd be liked- and what you gave us wasn't an idea. It was a bad comercial of something. You're not giving us an idesa of the characters, their strife, their achivements, goals, hopes or dreams. Or how you're going to torture them or praise them. Or do anything really.

Oh no wait. You did. Slightly.

Peter: Sorry, if I'm just less of a d**chebag. Anyway, This fic focuses around us as we get into a lot of crazieness at the smogon university in Sinnoh! No matter how boring the day is, something crazy's bound to come up!

Could have easily just been written out as; I'm making a story, each chapter is a random day in the lives of a handful of sudents at a university where they're studying, obviously. Each chapter, as said, is random. No matter how boring or bland it may seem to start out as, something insane is bound to happen, causing crazy hijinks and whacky situations for our dear stars! etc etc etc.

:/

Chagen46

Hell Crasher
Could have easily just been written out as; I'm making a story, each chapter is a random day in the lives of a handful of sudents at a university where they're studying, obviously. Each chapter, as said, is random. No matter how boring or bland it may seem to start out as, something insane is bound to happen, causing crazy hijinks and whacky situations for our dear stars! etc etc etc.

:/

Pretty much. I tried to add some extra flair with my "bad advertisement" idea, but that didn't go as planned...

Foo Fighter

Nostalgia is my pal
Edit: Foo, the idea sounds alot like Omega man/I am legend or whatever the hell the first movie/book/whatever was about originally- and the idea is a bit far fetched. A drunken idiot falls face first into a hole while plasterd, seemingly this hole is in a cemetary for he is saved by a luckily passing by group of mourners. This strange black fluid causes Ebola virus- or something like it, and Dante is magically immune.
You can't imagine a drunk wandering into a graveyard and falling in a hole? I've seen many drunks fallin potholes. The settings just different. Dante isn't "Magically" immune. He's biologically immune. With anykind of virus you're going to have people who naturally create antibodies for the virus. Theres no explanation behind it. It just happens.
Ebola Virus and You

Reading up on it- it doesn't seem to be a thing that could be something used as a weapon. Hell Anthrax would be better- even tho Anthrax has just as bad a failing point. Or if you want a real virus. Read the news.

It's called Swine Flu. Influenza is something that could easily be used as a cause of a pandemic- or hell Quarentine, remake or not, had [zombie canable] Rabies as its [near] pandemic.

Swine flu symptoms:Fever and coughing are two of the most common symptoms but they can also include headache, chills, loss of appetite, muscle aches and fatigue as well as throat irritation.Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea may also occur and in more severe cases it could lead to pneumonia. 6-6.3 percent death rate.

Ebolla symptoms: All of the swine flu symptoms plus bleeding from every oriphus on your body and vomiting black and red. 50-90 percent death rate.

Swine flu has killed about 40 people. Ebola has killed 1,511.

I dobt anyone would use ebola as a weapon. Its dangerous enough on its own. If it mutates into an airborne disease then we're screwed. Except for immune people of course though.

Yami Ryu

No Foo Fighter- I mean the fact, Ebola for the most part is in Africa. That anyone trying to get a sample of this, to use for anything in your story would also be at risk. There's also the fact it started with bodies randomly left, en-mass, in a hole. And whether drunks can do this or not isn't the question, it's the fact that he mostly got from where he was drunk, to this GY site.

I mean even in our town the GY- graveyard, is no where near anywhere that someone could stumble into it drunk. And at night it is closed up. Vandals and all that 8D

That and the whole supernatural bug is a bit of a blah thing, unfortunately. Sorry I've just seen to many zombie movies that all started with a simple, single infection. And if it really did this- wouldn't it kill off those immune?

The story might be good- I'm just pointing out you're grasping at way to many straws at once, for your story to hold water at the moment, Foo.

Foo Fighter

Nostalgia is my pal
The most protection I've ever seen on a graveyard site is a big gate and a small little wall. Nothing a motivated drunk could overcome. ALso, theres a graveyard sit right next to a pizza joint with a bar in my town so its not like its completely unusual for graveyards to be near social places.
I mean the fact, Ebola for the most part is in Africa. That anyone trying to get a sample of this, to use for anything in your story would also be at risk. There's also the fact it started with bodies randomly left, en-mass, in a hole. And whether drunks can do this or not isn't the question, it's the fact that he mostly got from where he was drunk, to this GY site.
Thats kinda the story though. How did a mutated version of ebolla get into this small city? ITs knd of a mystery ya know? A fic where ya don't know everything until the end. Trust me. I wasn't in my chair goin "Lol! People's got the ebola! Ima write it!"

That and the whole supernatural bug is a bit of a blah thing, unfortunately. Sorry I've just seen to many zombie movies that all started with a simple, single infection. And if it really did this- wouldn't it kill off those immune?
How would a virus kill off something immune to it? Its not a supernatural bug either. Its more realistic than that. Granted it is pushing the limits, but isn't that what a story supposed to do?

Yami Ryu

What if a modified version of ebolla had come out in existence? One that didn't rob you of your humanity. What if ebolla had a mind? What if this Ebolla mutated into a supernatural being?

Thats precisely what I intend to write about. A living, thinking and destructive disease. This new "Virus" though wouldn't quite be a virus. Picture it more of a large parasite with ebolla like qualities.

Your words- you said so yourself.

Pushing the limits is one thing- pushing them beyond any reason is another. You're hinting this is a supernatural thing, and possibly tied to the occult yet turn around and act like no it's not and no it won't be and no it's not going to be that intelligent.

You can't have the cake sliced two different ways- especially when you yourself made the first cut.

I suggest thinking the idea over more- thinking over the plot, fleshing it out a bit. I mean why would a drunk even be motivated to climb over a wall and into a cemetary. Why would anyone be motivated? Why would there be a freshly dug grave with bodies abandond in it? I mean that's just to farfetched. I mean the grounds keepers would have had to notice someone digging a hole large enough and deep enough to hold several corpses.

It's the small things that still have plot holes. It's the things I nitpicked about, that still make no sense.

Mouse Tourmaline

Lost Cause Defender
Working title: "Fallen Into Light"

One-shot.

Clear remembers being a trainerless Eevee who evolved into one of her region's first Espeon. She was feared because of her psychic powers and vaguely amoral behaviour, and said to be a sinister creature of evil. But when her sister evolves into an Umbreon, Clear experiences first-hand the humans' weird paradigm shift: although her own behaviour hasn't changed much, as her sister takes on the role of darkness in a way the region has never seen before, Clear, who is trying to keep her from harming others or herself, has been recast as a creature of the light. Suddenly she is the "good" one to her sister's "evil", and she can't help but wonder at it.

A sort of analogy with what happened between the first and second generations. Anyone else remember when Psychic was the scariest type in the world?

Foo Fighter

Nostalgia is my pal
Your words- you said so yourself.
The wording was a bit off. Those were simply questions I had asked myself. Thats how I make ideas in my head; I take a subject and ask questions. Indeed the way I worded it might have given some the idea that those questions were aimed at the actual fic. Instead though they were simply me thinking to myself about random things. My bad. NO biggie ya know?
Pushing the limits is one thing- pushing them beyond any reason is another. You're hinting this is a supernatural thing, and possibly tied to the occult yet turn around and act like no it's not and no it won't be and no it's not going to be that intelligent.

You can't have the cake sliced two different ways- especially when you yourself made the first cut.

I suggest thinking the idea over more- thinking over the plot, fleshing it out a bit. I mean why would a drunk even be motivated to climb over a wall and into a cemetary. Why would anyone be motivated? Why would there be a freshly dug grave with bodies abandond in it? I mean that's just to farfetched. I mean the grounds keepers would have had to notice someone digging a hole large enough and deep enough to hold several corpses.

You're thinking to much into this. It's the fact that all those things usually don't happen that makes the story. It's called imagination. The thing you use to think outside of what would be probable and think about the improbable. Maybe it's a bit far fetched, but that doesn't mean that its not possible. Its improbable that a small planet would end up just the right distance from the sun with perfect conditions to support life. Even more improbable the fact that a series of mutations would eventually lead the australopithecines into an evolutionary tree that would produce homo sapiens. Lots of stuff is improbable, NOT impossible.
So is it IMPOSSIBLE for a drunk to slip over a gradeyard wall? Which don't happen to be too big (At least wher I come from. Its not like we''re ashamed of our dead.)? Is it impossible for a grounds keeper to be not so enthusiastic about his job? Are these things impossible? no. Improbable? yes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One-shot.

Clear remembers being a trainerless Eevee who evolved into one of her region's first Espeon. She was feared because of her psychic powers and vaguely amoral behaviour, and said to be a sinister creature of evil. But when her sister evolves into an Umbreon, Clear experiences first-hand the humans' weird paradigm shift: although her own behaviour hasn't changed much, as her sister takes on the role of darkness in a way the region has never seen before, Clear, who is trying to keep her from harming others or herself, has been recast as a creature of the light. Suddenly she is the "good" one to her sister's "evil", and she can't help but wonder at it.

A sort of analogy with what happened between the first and second generations. Anyone else remember when Psychic was the scariest type in the world?

Hmm, its not bad. ALthough it would have to be a really powerful umbreon and espeon. After all, it's just one pokemon. COuld be good. Could be really good if written in first-person with some character development. Of course first person is just how I like to read.
I'd like to know more about plot though. YOu've got chracters down, just give us more of a story to preview.

Last edited:

Yami Ryu

Well unfortunately with your example I'm a christan that believes in evolution and adaptation. Meaning I make **** blow up for just existing.

And.

¬¬

You're the one that posted the idea. I picked out parts that didn't seem to make sense, or flow right, or were a bit to exagerated. If you can't take the idea that some people are going to do this no matter what idea you throw down before them, then don't post I mean ffs.

Foo Fighter

Nostalgia is my pal
I wasn't trying to be negative in my response and if I somehow offended you than I am sorry. I was just making a counteroint for my story. Obviously I should explain better next time.
Once again, no biggie.

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!

One-shot.

Mmm... Despite how Eeveelutions are being overrated, I'd seriously read this. Not too bad of an idea.

Why not read a bit of Ultimo and culture yourself in how good and evil are shown to people in their various perspectives, I mean, you could seriously do some damage to the Fanfic world with this.