• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fic ideas V.2

Agni

Well, I haven't been in the Pokemon fandom for a LONG time. So I decided to randomly make an account here (I'm actually a much older user from over 2 years ago here with a new account--I wasn't anyone important). Well, here goes.

This story takes place in Sinnoh, so no 5th gen pokemon here (I haven't even PLAYED the 5th gen--that's how out-of-touch I am with the fandom).

Marki is a depressed 20-year-old travelling Sinnoh for god knows what reason. She sure doesn't. She one day got sick of living in the same old town and struck out for adventure. But it hasn't been bringing her anywhere useful--she's still the depressed, fatalistic, defeatist person she was before, except worse because she doesn't even have a house to her name. And she can't see why everyone goes gaga over Pokemon. They're just ways for people to act all tough ("Aw yah, man, I can totally woop yo' *** with this glorified cockfighting! Hell yeah!") without actually fighting. In addition, her travels have given her an insight in the world of...ahem..illegal substances.

Upon her travels, she finds herself in Jubilife City. Relaxing at a nearby hotel with the last of her money. Now completely broke and despondent (not to mention on a large amount of illicit substances), she contemplates suicide. But not just any suicide--she plans to blow her brains out with a pistol in the middle of Jubilife, amongst a massive crowd. That'll put her in the history books. Of course, that requires stealing a pistol in the first place. She simply decides to take one off of a nearby gang member, and succeeds, but little does she know that she's just stumbled across a gang operation that could change the face of Sinnoh...

...And the person who might stop it is a broke and suicidal LSD addict with a pistol. Oh dear...

Last edited:

TylerPhoenix

I'm glad to be back!
Regional Changes - Gyms/Deaths/Etc

Hey everyone. I'm sorry the title isn't that clear, but I've been working on a Hoenn Fic in plot form for a while now, and I've come across some major issues where I've had to branch quite severely.

I have some large questions. This story is set around ten years after the events of Team Aqua/Magma in the anime world. My main queries I'd like to ask about are the following:

1) Death of Canon Characters - In the story, Implan on having a couple of old characters dead, through age/illness. I also plan on having Champion Wallace and the Elite Four assassinated, and other characters too. Is this fair game, or is this just breaking logical boundaries?

2) As it is set in the future, is it okay to have different leaders incorporated into the gyms, and different typings?

3) The story is set slightly in the future - this means that companies such as Devon have either expanded more, or flopped. It also means that Chimney may have erupted, or there's ben a new city created/Pacifidlog has been washed away by a tidal wave/who-knows-what. Any way to incorporate any of this in at all?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I'll merge this with the Ideas Thread which is for feedback on the such.
1) Death of Canon Characters - In the story, Implan on having a couple of old characters dead, through age/illness. I also plan on having Champion Wallace and the Elite Four assassinated, and other characters too. Is this fair game, or is this just breaking logical boundaries?
10 years is a decent amount of time so some being dead is alright. Assassinations of E4 characters could happen too, but to keep within logical boundaries you'd have to have a motive for the person/people who did said assassinations; why go after those trainers? Did anyone find out? How did say the other gym leaders react? Or the general public?
2) As it is set in the future, is it okay to have different leaders incorporated into the gyms, and different typings?
Yes. Just depends on how you write it is all.
3) The story is set slightly in the future - this means that companies such as Devon have either expanded more, or flopped. It also means that Chimney may have erupted, or there's ben a new city created/Pacifidlog has been washed away by a tidal wave/who-knows-what. Any way to incorporate any of this in at all?
That really depends on how you want to incorparte it. There would be ways, certainly; just have to be careful in how you show it. (For instance people aren't going to talk about these events for no good reason if they all know about said events already. Say if the new city is visited for the first time by a character they could also find out via reading a brochure or a sign, or just think about it in passing ('pretty messy for a new city', etc).

Hey everyone. I'm sorry the title isn't that clear, but I've been working on a Hoenn Fic in plot form for a while now, and I've come across some major issues where I've had to branch quite severely.

I have some large questions. This story is set around ten years after the events of Team Aqua/Magma in the anime world. My main queries I'd like to ask about are the following:

1) I don't see any problem with this. Obviously people die all the time, so I don't think a few dead characters would be too ridiculous. However, if nearly every main character is conveniently out of the picture, it might seem unnecessary. It doesn't look like you're planning on getting rid of many, though, so I would go for it if you really don't want them around. The Elite Four would take some more planning. Is it done by a single psychopath or is there some sort of conspiracy (and there's always the question of why, of course)? There would be a lot of ramifications to deal with, like hunting the culprit down and, if it is part of a larger plan, stopping/dealing with whatever comes next. If it was just one person and they're caught/killed/stopped somehow, then the replacement members would be surrounded by a ton of security and the criteria for facing them might have even been made more difficult. Basically, there will be a lot to think about if you plan on having the entire Elite Four+Champion assassinated. If you just wanted a way to replace them with original characters, you might try thinking about whether or not you can do what you wanted with the existing Elite Four. Then again, I have no idea what your main plot is, so the assassination could be a huge part of your story.

2) I don't know if gyms have set typings, but I think it would make sense for leaders to come and go as time goes on. I don't know about everyone else, but I wouldn't bat an eye if the typing had changed (I could, however, see whoever's in charge of hiring gym leaders gravitating more toward types that aren't already in the region). Ten years isn't a very long time, though. Someone like Wattson might be old enough to retire but Flannery would need a good reason to leave her position. I'm also not sure it would be very believable for all eight gym leaders to conveniently find their other calling in life in one decade (again, I don't know exactly what you're planning, I'm just trying to cover everything).

3) All of that could be incorporated but you would also have to think of the aftermath. A whole town being washed away is pretty serious. Lives could be lost, survivors would need a place to go, and then a decision has to be made on whether to rebuild or play it safe and not risk their luck again. Same with Mt. Chimney. Lavaridge is right at the base so it (including the gym) would be heavily effected, if not destroyed, by the eruption. If you wanted to show Devon's expansion, it would probably mean an increasing number of Devon stores/a decreasing number of small business and just a higher level of technology in general. Finally, I don't know how long it takes for a city to be built from the ground up, but ten years seems pretty fast for anything really huge to be done. I could see that working interestingly as a growing settlement for the Pacifidlog/Lavaridge survivors or something, though.

Hope I helped. :)

Psychic

Really and truly
I was okay with this being it's own thread, but all well.

1) Most Hoenn Gym Leaders are pretty darn young and healthy-looking, so I'm not sure if having a lot die off from old age/illness would make much sense. Wattson and Glacia seem like the oldest ones, so them I could maybe buy dying naturally, but Norman, Juan, Drake and Wallace look middle-aged at best, with the rest probably in their 30's or younger. I don't think they'd die too quickly.

As for assassination, that can work, but only if there's an actual reason behind it. If you're just looking for a way to swap out canon characters, then formulating a plot to kill off most of them might be a bit excessive since it'd require a fair amount of plotting. You don't want to include anything unnecessary to your story, so unless those assassinations tie in to to another plot in your fic, I'd avoid it altogether. Gym Leaders/Elite Four members are perfectly capable of retiring - we even see in the anime that Skyla's grandfather was Leader before her, and he's still around.

2) Different Leaders yes, for different typing it depends. In most places it can work out fine, but some cities have a gym themed to local attractions, like Lavaridge City being by a volcano makes sense with a fire-type gym. It's a bit tacky, but it works since that's what the city's known for. You'd have a lot more flexibility with other cities, though.

3) Devon expanding makes sense (more so than flopping in my opinion, since it pretty much had a monopoly on a lot of markets). If you're stuck for ideas on how natural disasters may affect cities, I'd say consider what happened to Cinnabar Island, since canon did a decent enough job with that. It's definitely not necessary that you have cities be destroyed, though you can always introduce new cities or towns (the anime used to do this a lot, after all, and those new cities can have different gyms and badges, too).

So long story short, I'd say avoid over-complicating things. Sure things can change over ten years, but not that much imo. :p

~Psychic

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
So yeah, Just yesterday, I really wanted to write a story using Mei and hyu, but of course, I wanted conflict, so I started thinking of a way to cause it.

I got a few ideas, and I'm very much leaning towards the idea of using the world tournament as bait to gather strong trainers, and making the ones out of the pokeballs lose control for spoilerific reasons.

This is right after you beat gehtis (Gonna REALLY need to learn how to spell his name right. >_>) in the game, and so that plot is completed.

I only have one problem, and that's and instigator. Who frick is gonna cause this was my question, and I still can't answer that. 8/... And that is why I am here, i don't have villain to use, and to be quite frank, I'm lost with who to use.

The only thing i've gotten is an idea which I got from my friend, who jokingly suggested Giavonni as the villain, and i laughed with him saying how unrealistic that was considering how he is in hid-wait...he's in the the world tournament. that is freaken plausible. .____... XD

Is giavonni really a good idea, or is it meh? It just feels off to me is all x.x...

I've got small ideas worked out and stuff, hyu and Mei are gonna be fun to write about (if I get that far. lol). I have Hyu's game personality, that which I am unfortionatly guessing at. And I have Mei's hot bloodedness from the trailer (though I guess she's the main character this time...oh well, I still would like to use it. xD)

I'll post the summary of the beginning of the story right now.

"After Mei defeated Champion Iris and obtained champion status, she began wanting more challenge, and when she heard about the Champion and Gym leader level World Tournament, she dragged Hyu with her to participate in this gathering. However, all is not what it seems, at a random moment during the matches, a loud screeching sound could be heard, and pokemon that were out started being disobedient, how will they deal with this situation?!"

I believe that does it justice...:3.

And help or thoughts? This is totally not fully worked out btw, I'm just going off of "fic ideas" and that is exactly what it is...I just dunno if I'm doin' it right ;_;

Flame Mistress

I've just got a pretty basic idea in my head right now - Ash is invited to the World Championship Tournament, a world-wide competition that takes place every four years in Ecruteak City, where the best trainers around the world are invited to face off each other; the winner of the tournament will be eligible to challenge the current World Champion, Red. There is also a similar tournament for coordinators, called the Master Festival, where the best coordinators around the world are invited to take part in a series of rounds of battles, appeals, and the such. Before the tournaments, a city-wide competition is held where every battle must be a one-on-one battle between two Pokemon still in their basic stage - other than that, the competition will be pretty similar to the one in M14. The winner will receive a pendant embedded with a rainbow-hued jewel. Ash wins the competition (duh) and receives the pendant. However, what he doesn't know is that he is the son of Ho-oh (assuming that Legendary Pokemon can turn into normal humans, like the gods in the Percy Jackson series), and that the jewel is the key needed to unlock his powers as a half-legendary. Upon coming into contact, he is "unlocked", and Team Rocket, discovering this, tries to hunt down Ash. And then there's the Tournament. So yeah.

It's very rough and holey, but the idea's been bugging my mind for a while, and I just feel the need to write it down, somehow. So... any thoughts on how I can really flesh it out?

Agni

Okay, so I have yet another idea. This one is a straight up comedy.

Iulia is the perfect example of a stupidly rich girl--pretentious Latin name, tons of money, and no clue how the world works. And she doesn't train her Pokemon. Rather, her family paid for a high-class breeder to raise and train the perfect team for her. None of that plebeian "raise your pokemon yourself" bullcrap. Just get your 'mons from your breeder, and get ready to have competitive battles.

But the day she goes to receive them from her breeder, she comes across a Team Galactic device--one that lets you understand Pokemon speech and talk to them yourself! Somehow, a Galactic scientist must've dropped it. She snaps it up, thinking that getting to talk to Pokemon is the Coolest Thing Ever(TM).

However...she soon learns to regret that. Not only are her Pokemon the worst offenders for Ragtag Group of Misfits and With Friends Like These ever, she soon learns that being able to speak to Pokemon is the worst curse whatever Our Great Savior Arceus could've ever put on someone. From a ambiguously gay Scizor, to a Lucario who's life ambition is to become a world-famous chef (never mind his complete lack of cooking skills), to a Gallade that, due to a malfunction in the device, sounds EXACTLY like Morgan Freeman, Iulia's life has gone to hell.

But what a hilarious hell it is.

(As you can expect, this is a complete comedy fic through and through. Expect the fourth wall to not be broken at all--because this story doesn't have a fourth wall AT ALL)

Last edited:

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
You people can "steal" this idea if ou want but here's an idea.
It basically involves ash ketchum going to the oore region to check out the various coloseeums there and of course the mt.battle tournament along the way he ends up helping wes and michael battle the newly revived cipgher organization with evice and all of the old and some new admins leading it (minus eldes ofcourse) leading it this new cipher organization is literally 10 times more dangerous than the last one (such as being able to create two different kinds of shadow pokemon the regular ones and the XDs) so ash will need to call apon all of his friends, rivals and his friends rivals to defeat. Ash will also reunite with his old pokemon (more specifically the ones he released, sent into training etc) who will rejoin his team to battle this new threat.
here is a list of some of the shadow pokemon
salamence
ambipom (dawns stolen and corrupted)
swablu (the one may befriended)
vulpix (brocks stolen and corrupted)
togetic (misty's sacrificed itself to save the togepi and corrupted)
XD butterfree (ash's sacrificed itself to save its mate and the rest of the butterfree they were traveling with and corrupted into an XD right before ash's and his original team's eye's)
lapras one regular and one XD the later of which was part of ash's lapras herd.
deoxys starts out a normal shadow then turns XD
XD meowth (team rockets stolen and corrupted)
gyarados
So what do you think and like I said you can steal this if you want especially since I have no idea ho to make ash and friends personality similar to the actually selves.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I've just got a pretty basic idea in my head right now - Ash is invited to the World Championship Tournament, a world-wide competition that takes place every four years in Ecruteak City, where the best trainers around the world are invited to face off each other; the winner of the tournament will be eligible to challenge the current World Champion, Red. There is also a similar tournament for coordinators, called the Master Festival, where the best coordinators around the world are invited to take part in a series of rounds of battles, appeals, and the such. Before the tournaments, a city-wide competition is held where every battle must be a one-on-one battle between two Pokemon still in their basic stage - other than that, the competition will be pretty similar to the one in M14. The winner will receive a pendant embedded with a rainbow-hued jewel. Ash wins the competition (duh) and receives the pendant. However, what he doesn't know is that he is the son of Ho-oh (assuming that Legendary Pokemon can turn into normal humans, like the gods in the Percy Jackson series), and that the jewel is the key needed to unlock his powers as a half-legendary. Upon coming into contact, he is "unlocked", and Team Rocket, discovering this, tries to hunt down Ash. And then there's the Tournament. So yeah.

It's very rough and holey, but the idea's been bugging my mind for a while, and I just feel the need to write it down, somehow. So... any thoughts on how I can really flesh it out?

Well, I could see the "Team Rocket hunting Ash down" bit as a way to turn this story into an action story. It would work, but consider having a reason for him being Ho-oh's son, otherwise it could seem a bit...dodgy.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Pokemon Diva and lucario

Hey I have this idea for a Pokemon anime I though I'd share it

The main protagonist is the female protagonist from the original Black and White(Hilda) but I named her Diva, Her personality is a little tom-boyish, she's slightly arrogant and she has a short temper. She can talk to and understand Pokemon, conjure fire, has visions of the past and is in search of the TRUTH. She is a little murky about her past at first though since she cannot remember anything past 3 years ago. She finds out later that she has not aged but her friends have and that she is somehow related to the legendary dragons(Reshiram and Zekrom). She finds her loyal "Knight" if you will, Riolu which later evolves into Lucario and they travel Unova together along with her best friends/rivals Cheren and Bianca.

Along the way she runs into N who can also talk to and understand Pokemon, he can conjure lightning, he can see into the future and wants his IDEALS to come into fruition. N has a Zorua when they meet, a rivalry between that Zorua and Riolu is established somewhere along the way. She does not know who N truly is in the beginning, They befriend each other and later she finds out of of her good friends(N) is working with Team Plasma there whole dynamic changes.

She then later finds out that she actually IS Reshiram and N actually IS Zekrom, since Reshiram and Zekrom were once a single dragon when they split they into to two beings each having a human form. That's when she realizes that she is as old as Unova itself. She learns that she was born in Relic Castle and played and had fun with her Twin brother N. Because they are both Pokemon and human they consume a lot of energy so they have this "Hibernation" period where they sleep for a long period of time. During one of these periods they were both disturbed by some researchers(Alder and Ghetsis) so they awoken and destroyed Unova. Alder than takes care of the protagonist while Ghetsis takes care of N, Ghetsis saw how much power N had and went mad because he wanted to use the power to take over Unova....

The Sequel will consist of the main Male character from Black/White 2 in search of Diva as Ghetsis has kidnapped her.

I'm not done but that was kinda a brief over view, tell me what you think

I will admit I sorta took some ideas from "Avatar:The last Airbender" and "Blood+" :p

Last edited:

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Hmm, I've been thinking of a fan-fic plot regarding cresselia, darkrai and heatran, taking place in both unova AND sinnoh.

So the story starts with the female protagonist, who is a traveller and an experienced battlers. So as she was touring the Sinnoh region, she stumbles across Canalave City, where she hears a scream from a locked house. So then she later finds out, infiltrating with her Ditto, that the children was suffering from nightmares from Darkrai. Then suddenly, Cresselia appears with a holy light and motions the female protagonist forward, to pluck one of her feature to heal the child. The protagonist does so and heals the child, and then he gets cured and then the female protagonist revealed her name to the child's mother.

The scene suddenly flashes to Unova. A male trainer, who saw a Chanduelar heading into an abandoned mansion in Unova's desert region (BW2 reference) chases after the Chanduelar, with a strong desire to catch it. There, he meets a ghost, who lost her life from nightmares due to Darkrai. He retrieves a Lunar Wing in the house, which failed to cure the ghost's nightmares, and stuff it inside his bag, thinking that it was an antique. Afterwards, when he was walking on the Marvelous Bridge, heading back to Nuvema town, the feather shines and Cresselia appears. Only then, the male protagonist realised that there was people chasing after Cresselia, too, and was ready to, in any ways, capture it.

So it's practically a rough 1~3 chapters. The fan-made team appears and apparently, the leader controls Darkrai which goes around spreading nightmares and chaos, but Cresselia was preventing mass-nightmares to happen. The male protagonist's friend appears, and Roark and Bryon appears too.

Male Pro: Lanturn / Chandeleur/ Sceptile/ Ludicolo
Female Pro: Ditto / Cherrim/ Empoleon/Togekiss/
Male Sub: Dodrio / Scizor / Typhlosion/ Ampharos

How's the storyline?

dash142

Beginning Trainer
Ok, my idea follows two trainers who come from Mossdeep City (They go to Littleroot to get their Pokemon though) West (Boy) and Fleur (girl).

Set in the future, like about the time of HG/SS or maybe 5 years later? In the Hoenn Region. Olivia (Dark type specialist who lives in Mossdeep as well.) takes over for Tate & Liza. (Bumped up to E4) and Wally takes over for Norman. Grass gym leader replaces Wattson (West meets him though). Juan & Wallace are double gym leaders with Steven as the champion again. Team Rocket returns with Giovanni as the leader, but as a force for good (unkown to people and they get attacked while trying to help at first. They wear white instead of black now also.) Ghetsis is the main villain, but he has taken over Team Galactic along with Cyrus (who he claims as a prince) and they are now the Knights of the Galaxy (Instead of Plasma). Since they failed at their attempts, they are going to try and control Kyogre and Groudon, later they also find out about Deoxys crashing in Hoenn and being researched at the Space Center and it they try to get him as an alternate plan. The heroes also run into former magma and aqua members… will they help them or cause havoc again? Also I’m thinking of having a side-fic or including in the story where they visit the Safari Zone and get trapped in with fossil pokemon which come alive and they have to defeat them, kinda like… Jurassic Park: Pokemon edition. Also maybe some other things have changed in the time that passed as well.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Hmm, I've been thinking of a fan-fic plot regarding cresselia, darkrai and heatran, taking place in both unova AND sinnoh.

So the story starts with the female protagonist, who is a traveller and an experienced battlers. So as she was touring the Sinnoh region, she stumbles across Canalave City, where she hears a scream from a locked house. So then she later finds out, infiltrating with her Ditto, that the children was suffering from nightmares from Darkrai. Then suddenly, Cresselia appears with a holy light and motions the female protagonist forward, to pluck one of her feature to heal the child. The protagonist does so and heals the child, and then he gets cured and then the female protagonist revealed her name to the child's mother.

The scene suddenly flashes to Unova. A male trainer, who saw a Chanduelar heading into an abandoned mansion in Unova's desert region (BW2 reference) chases after the Chanduelar, with a strong desire to catch it. There, he meets a ghost, who lost her life from nightmares due to Darkrai. He retrieves a Lunar Wing in the house, which failed to cure the ghost's nightmares, and stuff it inside his bag, thinking that it was an antique. Afterwards, when he was walking on the Marvelous Bridge, heading back to Nuvema town, the feather shines and Cresselia appears. Only then, the male protagonist realised that there was people chasing after Cresselia, too, and was ready to, in any ways, capture it.

So it's practically a rough 1~3 chapters. The fan-made team appears and apparently, the leader controls Darkrai which goes around spreading nightmares and chaos, but Cresselia was preventing mass-nightmares to happen. The male protagonist's friend appears, and Roark and Bryon appears too.

How's the storyline?
This sounds extremely interesting. I'd be down to read it!

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant

How's the storyline?

I don't know. It feels like you're summarizing game events here. While a lot of writers attempt to do this, very few manage to pull it off because it's a pre-written story. You can expand all you want, but the baseline of the fact that it's still basically novelizing someone else's idea is still there.

That said, I'm not really sure what the storyline is here. Sure, it's all about protagonists using Cresselia's Lunar Wings to heal people and something about a fan-created team launching a fairly generic drive to spread chaos as evil teams are wont to do, but... that's about it. There's nothing that ties the evil team plot to the female protagonist, for example, and there's nothing that ties the male protagonist's story to the female's besides Cresselia. You don't mention whether they team up or attempt to investigate/stop the team separately, there's no reason given as to why the fan-created team feels the need to spread chaos (because although canon sometimes likes to forget this point, doing something terrible just because you're evil isn't exactly the best motive), and there's nothing to note exactly how Heatran is involved. It feels like this is more of a smattering of concepts than a fully fledged idea or proposal, just because you've got a lot of different thoughts but not really anything that stitches them together. Try to figure out how to bring the characters together -- or at least try to find a way to blend all the elements you want to use into one coherent plot, even if that plot follows two separate characters doing their own thing (but going after the same goal in generally the same place at the same time).

Good luck, though.

In the Hoenn Region. Olivia (Dark type specialist who lives in Mossdeep as well.) takes over for Tate & Liza. (Bumped up to E4) and Wally takes over for Norman. Grass gym leader replaces Wattson (West meets him though).

Here I have to pose the first question: why the gym reshuffling? Note that in canon, gym types never really change, and there's usually a reason why leaders are absent. In GSC and HGSS, Janine takes over her father's position as gym leader of Fuchsia City because her father is strong enough to be inducted into the Elite Four (which makes sense because he's been training for years), but she never changes his gym's type. Likewise, Lenora leaves Nacrene City to devote more attention to the Nacrene Museum, but when Cheren, who has in BW wanted a chance to prove himself as a capable trainer, steps up to assume the position of Nacrene's gym leader, he doesn't change its type either. Usually, types are closely linked to the city, its culture, or the general setup of the gym. For example, the reason why Mauville has an Electric-type gym and not Grass-type one is because New Mauville, a semi-abandoned power plant, is located nearby. It's apparently part of the gym leader's duty to monitor it and then send children off to fix it if necessary.

Generally, it might be a bit of a touchy subject to do a lot of roster reshuffling, especially if you don't present very, very good explanations behind the new leaders. It's one thing to say that the current leaders were rotated out because of the five-year gap (because that happens), but it's another thing to say that the gym no longer focuses on the same type anymore or that random characters were promoted in the leaders' places.

Team Rocket returns with Giovanni as the leader, but as a force for good (unkown to people and they get attacked while trying to help at first. They wear white instead of black now also.)

Strangely enough, another member had the idea of turning an evil team into forces of good, and there's just a lot of problems involved in this. For one, while Giovanni ultimately surrenders at the end of RBY/FRLG, there's really no reason to assume he wants to get back in the saddle, so to speak, and lead, even for good causes. I mean, this is the guy who hid out in a cave at one point in HGSS, after all, and the only reason why he left was because you(r avatar) figured out where he was. ...And even then, he was more inclined to lead his organization to take over the world again, had your avatar not stepped in and soundly kicked his tail.

Besides that, Team Rocket is a criminal organization -- a well-known one that has done things like take over multiple cities, abuse massive amounts of Pokémon, and hold people hostage. People are probably not going to like anyone who parades around and calls themselves members of the organization that, well, held them hostage and abused their Pokémon, even if the organization members insist that they're good.

But for more issues and lengthier explanations, you could always drop by this thread.

Ghetsis is the main villain, but he has taken over Team Galactic along with Cyrus (who he claims as a prince)

...But they're after two different things. Ghetsis doesn't value anyone in particular because he sees them as tools to get at his ultimate goal of taking over the world. Cyrus doesn't think of himself as evil so much as the solution to a problem. He's not trying to take over the world; he's trying to create a perfect utopia. It just so happens that he's delusional enough to believe destroying the world and recreating it to his specifications will be the means to that end.

In short, while Ghetsis could probably figure out a way to use Cyrus to his advantage, Cyrus would most likely not see Ghetsis as part of his solution because, you know, the whole "taking over the world" thing.

(Of course, this also ignores the fact that Cyrus is, according to Platinum canon, in stuck in the Distortion World, but I'll give you a pass and assume you're just going with DP canon and ignoring that Platinum exists. Because there are some writers who do that, so... yeah.)

they are going to try and control Kyogre and Groudon, later they also find out about Deoxys crashing in Hoenn and being researched at the Space Center and it they try to get him as an alternate plan.

While I can certainly see why Ghetsis would be interested in all of these legendaries, why would Cyrus? Remember, Cyrus is after creating a perfect world. He's not interested in changing the environment of this one. He wants to hit the reset button on the universe in order to eliminate things like human conflict and suffering -- things that won't be solved just by creating new oceans or new continents. Deoxys is even more irrelevant to his plans because there's pretty much nothing that it can offer to help further Cyrus's cause.

The heroes also run into former magma and aqua members… will they help them or cause havoc again?

To be fair (i.e., as a point in your favor), this is a legitimate question. Minor grunts would be difficult to predict because some of them are actually thieves, while others seem devoted to the causes the organizations support. Once you get further up their structural ladders, however, you'll need more and more reminders that both teams are essentially ecoterrorists. They don't realize they're doing anything terrible; they're just like Cyrus, only with fewer delusions of grandeur. They have a plan but don't see how it could essentially destroy the world in the process. And they're passionate about their ideas and the belief that what they're doing is for the good of all life on Earth.

...But yeah, those low-leveled grunts tend to throw a wrench in those gears.

Also I’m thinking of having a side-fic or including in the story where they visit the Safari Zone and get trapped in with fossil pokemon which come alive and they have to defeat them, kinda like… Jurassic Park: Pokemon edition. Also maybe some other things have changed in the time that passed as well.

Try to tie together the main story before creating side stories for it.

As it stands, you talk a lot about changes but not really enough about the actual story. From your description, it sounds like West and Fleur's journey actually take a backseat to the war between all of the evil teams. (Just look at what you spend the most time talking about.) That in itself could make for a very interesting story if the motives for each team were straightened out.

The other half, West and Fleur's half, just feels a lot like it's an average trainer fic. Kids go on an adventure, start collecting badges, and end up entangled in a war against an evil organization. To be honest, I've always felt that these kinds of plots were rather weak because the author focuses so much on telling a story according to a formula that the formula doesn't really deviate. Looking at your summary, I feel like that's what's already happening. You have a potentially creative background idea, and that's what you talk about most here, even more than what West and Fleur are actually doing.

But mostly, like Oceanic's plot, it feels like there's just something missing that ties everything together, so you're right now listing a bunch of barely related concepts but not much in terms of a thread that connects each idea into one coherent plot. Think about what you want your story to be, rather than what you want in your story.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Hmm... Great thoughts. I'll re-hover over my story points and maybe make more links toward each individual characters, my current thoughts after reading your suggestion:

Male Protagonist and Female Protagonist - Maybe childhood friends. But the male protagonist moved away to Unova and was never seen again my the female protagonist?

Female Protagonist and Ghost Girl - She looks up to the girl as a senior and sister, after the male protagonist had moved away. They were really close, but when Darkrai plagues her with nightmare, the female protagonist grows hatred towards Darkrai and Cresselia, for failing to heal her.

Cresselia and Heatran - Those two were originally companions / friends before the previous war

Evil Team and Darkrai - The master was descended from the causer of the past war *cough*, so they *cough* wanted to retry it.

Male Protagonist and Male Sub - Childhood friend after he moves to Unova

Would these connections make the characters feel more connected?

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
It's a start, but what I meant was that right now, you have three different plots going on separately. The female protagonist saving the kid in Canalave, the male protagonist is encountering a ghost in Unova, and a fan-created team is attempting to take over the world. There's also still nothing that brings Heatran into the story (and the part where you mention that Cresselia and Heatran were friends before the previous war only brings up questions because you never mentioned a war in your first post).

The problem is that there's nothing that brings all of these elements together into one place. Besides the presence of Cresselia and Darkrai, the female protagonist's story has very little to do with the male protagonist's story, and no one is stopping the fan-created team. That last part (and the fact that you mention you want to bring Heatran into the story but haven't really yet) is the part you'll want to be concerned about because if you establish the male and female protagonists as being the main characters via their stories but keep those two stories separated from the rest of the storyline, you don't have a main character to counter the main antagonists.

In other words, you have a scattering of ideas, but nothing is tying all of them together except relationships at this point. However, relationships by themselves don't pull everything into one place and form a coherent plot (if you're attempting to write an "evil team attempts to take over the world" story, anyway).

Strangely enough, another member had the idea of turning an evil team into forces of good, and there's just a lot of problems involved in this. For one, while Giovanni ultimately surrenders at the end of RBY/FRLG, there's really no reason to assume he wants to get back in the saddle, so to speak, and lead, even for good causes. I mean, this is the guy who hid out in a cave at one point in HGSS, after all, and the only reason why he left was because you(r avatar) figured out where he was. ...And even then, he was more inclined to lead his organization to take over the world again, had your avatar not stepped in and soundly kicked his tail.

Besides that, Team Rocket is a criminal organization -- a well-known one that has done things like take over multiple cities, abuse massive amounts of Pokémon, and hold people hostage. People are probably not going to like anyone who parades around and calls themselves members of the organization that, well, held them hostage and abused their Pokémon, even if the organization members insist that they're good.

If I could jump in since I was the one who came up with the idea before then, minus Giovanni; it CAN be done if one had a good explanation for it. Like I made my Team Rocket good because the girl who wanted to reunite the team, did so in a certain executive's memory. However the only way that she could recreate her family and have them still named Team Rocket is if they changed their ways. Meaning this new formed group distanced themselves from their past and that's what she did.

It's not really a good back story but I'm working on it.

---

Since this is fic ideas, I'll post the idea I'm currently working on. Be warned, this idea is extremely hokey.

This idea stemmed from when I was playing SoulSilver and Platinum and in SS, once I get to the mountain (names escapes me at the moment), a hiker bumps into me and apologizes then gives me the TM strength. I want to expand more on that in this story so I recreated that scene except it's with a Team Rocket grunt and a Team Galactic commander. The grunt is running to Chargestone Cave and then bumps into the girl, apologizes while she looks at him funny and then he gives her Strength. He explains what it does, actually demonstrates what it can do. However, I had it to where both didn't know how to use the HM given so our pink haired girl tries to take out her Teachy Tv etc. (oh and she fights her rival)

I don't want to give out too much but that's what I'm writing about.

Last edited: