• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fic ideas V.2

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
If I could jump in since I was the one who came up with the idea before then, minus Giovanni; it CAN be done if one had a good explanation for it. Like I made my Team Rocket good because the girl who wanted to reunite the team, did so in a certain executive's memory. However the only way that she could recreate her family and have them still named Team Rocket is if they changed their ways. Meaning this new formed group distanced themselves from their past and that's what she did.

While it's true that a good explanation would be needed on Team Rocket's end of things, one should keep in mind that people outside the organization aren't necessarily going to accept an organization that uses the same name as a crime syndicate just because its members insist they've changed their ways, especially at the beginning. It's going to take a lot of effort to get rid of that reputation, and those members risk having their past interfere with their present. (As in, let's say an entire town distrusts them because they're still considering themselves to be Team Rocket. That means for everything those Rocket members do, they'll be met with suspicion. Knowing the Pokémon universe and its fondness for vigilante justice, there might even be a few non-Rockets attempting to "stop" them from doing whatever it is the Rockets want to do -- including help people.)

So in the end, the problem is the exact one that wasn't entirely answered in the thread: the fact that Team Rocket has a terrible reputation. It would be far easier to create a fan-created organization that completely deviated from that image (as in, didn't wear Rocket uniforms, didn't call themselves Team Rocket, made no effort to look or act like they did as a crime syndicate), just because the public would bother them and get in the way of their efforts to do good in the world (or simply refuse to believe that they're good) otherwise.

This idea stemmed from when I was playing SoulSilver and Platinum and in SS, once I get to the mountain (names escapes me at the moment), a hiker bumps into me and apologizes then gives me the TM strength. I want to expand more on that in this story so I recreated that scene except it's with a Team Rocket grunt and a Team Galactic commander. The grunt is running to Chargestone Cave and then bumps into the girl, apologizes while she looks at him funny and then he gives her Strength. He explains what it does, actually demonstrates what it can do. However, I had it to where both didn't know how to use the HM given so our pink haired girl tries to take out her Teachy Tv etc. (oh and she fights her rival)

It sounds like it would make for an interesting one-shot, although there's questions here that I get the feeling would be answered by your general fic universe. Still, I have to ask: what exactly are the grunt and commander doing?

Actually, let me see if I've got this right. You're basing this off the event that happens in Johto (near Mt. Mortar), but you're having the grunt run to Chargestone Cave, which is in Unova. Is this actually taking place in Unova?

Then, there's the fact that you've mentioned Teams Rocket and Galactic. Are they working together here or no? Is this like that apprentice thing you were talking about months ago? (Also, yeah, why are they at Mt. Mortar/Chargestone Cave?)

Why does the grunt give the girl HM04? Just for looking at him funny? As an apology? Okay, sure, we can assume this is the good!Team Rocket that you're trying to build (although I'm not entirely sure when this is taking place in your timeline or if that's even true), but that actually introduces a couple more problems because if this is a standalone story, then you run into the issue that not everyone would know exactly how your universe works. (I have to admit, it's difficult keeping track of your stories for myself, just because there's a whole smattering of them and because the details of your timeline and its relationship to canon tend to change frequently.)

On the surface, it seems like it's a warm-and-fuzzy concept, but there's quite a few bits that don't entirely line up well. I'd say give it a bit more thought and try to answer all the "why" questions within your story. It would be interesting if you took the canon scene and tried to work things out so that the in-game hiker was a Team Rocket agent, but that would require a lot of thought, careful explanation, and closeness to canon.

Actually, let me see if I've got this right. You're basing this off the event that happens in Johto (near Mt. Mortar), but you're having the grunt run to Chargestone Cave, which is in Unova. Is this actually taking place in Unova?
Pretty much yes. Everything I write pretty much takes place in the same region/same universe.

Then, there's the fact that you've mentioned Teams Rocket and Galactic. Are they working together here or no? Is this like that apprentice thing you were talking about months ago? (Also, yeah, why are they at Mt. Mortar/Chargestone Cave?)

No they aren't working together, they just happen to be in the same region and know of each other. These two guys happened to bump into each other.

Why does the grunt give the girl HM04? Just for looking at him funny? As an apology?

Pretty much as an apology and also because he thought he made her cry. Like in the canon scene where the NPC thought that I was crying (though I don't think the PC would cry considering how many times they have been pushed, shoved etc). It was also because he thought that she could make good use of it since the young woman had her skuntank with her and there were big rocks...

Here's where my other question came in. Neither know how to actually teach it to a Pokemon. The grunt's (which I called Steve) co-worker actually helped him teach it to his machop but then forgot how to do it by the time he had hit Chargestone. This guy is there to travel around. The commander is actually at the cave so that she could gather data for Charon/Pluto and didn't think that she needed to know about TMS/HMS. Okay so that's why I asked, because they don't know how to use it so they use the TV the woman was given...

Thing is, can I actually have people who are clueless about *something*?

dash142

Beginning Trainer
Olivia takes over for Tate & Liza after West and Fleur leave home. (Bumped up to E4) She is a native of Mossdeep, and Tate & Liza replace Sidney, they are trying to have more diversity in the league instead of having a gym leader and elite member of the same type, (and let’s face it, they are way better than Wallace or Juan, so the challengers have to beat an easy double gym battle, and then a hard double team in the Elite 4.) and and Wally takes over for Norman who moved back to Johto to take over Pryce’s gym after he passes, and he trusts Wally. Grass gym leader replaces Wattson (West meets him), it happens to be his grandson who preferred Grass because of his mother. Juan & Wallace are double gym leaders so they still have a double gym in Hoenn, since Steven decides to return as Champion.

Ok yeah I wasn’t really sure about the villains yet, still thinking of that part. Ok, scratch the part about Teams Rocket, Galactic, Plasma, the main villain will be Team Cipher, or rather the Cipher Corporation. Instead of using Shadow Pokemon though, they will be using drugs on their Pokemon that enhance them and make them more violent and less responsive to commands by trainers, but the company has a device that lets them control them. They will have multiple buildings/factories throughout the region, and the admins will cause trouble as Team Shadow. They will seek to control both Groudon and Kyogre so they can cause destruction by blacking out the sun and using Tsunami’s with Kyogre or cause droughts and famine with Groudon by making it too hot. They will be split into two factions and therefore trick both former Aqua and Magma grunts into helping them. Their main goal is domination, so they will go after any legendaries to help them cement their rule and not just those two. There will also be another trainer, who gets the third starter that West and Fleur don’t get and he will be use the drug on his Pokemon. The protagonists, aside from getting the badges, will be just as surprised about the gym changes as the readers as they are just taking effect this year and will also try to unravel the connection between the Team and the Cipher Corporation and deal with troubles with the drug.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Let me just ask you one question: What do Cipher want with this? I get the drug part, that seems like a spin off of the Shadow Pokemon that Cipher pulled off before, but what do they have to gain from Groudon or Kyogre? I haven't played the Orre games (I've seen some Colosseum videos though) but their plan seems to be trying to create the most powerful and dangerous Pokemon out there (hence shadow-fying them). Again, the drug thing fits this, as it makes Pokemon stronger, but I get the feel that if they got their hands on either of the two legendaries, they'd go for threatening the populace of Hoenn with them rather than the straight out ecoterrorism that Aqua and Magma would do.

Also, I don't think there would be lots of buildings and a 'Team Shadow'. Cipher in the Orre games are very covert, nobody knows what their goal is and the only time the Admins really show up is to dispense the Shadow Pokemon. I can see a similar thing here - the admins giving out or producing this drug, and the buildings being hospitals or gyms (the work out kind, not the badge kind) which are used to get unsuspecting trainers to feed their Pokemon the drug. I can see Team Shadow working as a distraction, though - a big evil team destroying things so nobody suspects the real Cipher's plan.

I do think it's an improvement from the whole bunch of evil teams you had before, though. I think the 'get the old team's grunts' idea is actually very intelligent as well. However, I'd recommend that you think through what the evil team wanted beforehand, as that's unlikely to change.

Also, I think you're changing a lot of gyms here. Most of them seem to be okay though (Tate and Liza being a bit like what happened to Koga, Wally seems like a suitable replacement for Norman and including both Water leaders seems like a good way to merge the three games), but the Grass leader just seems like an arbitrary way to change the types. It's tradition to keep types the same, it hasn't happened in the games before, and I think switching the types of two gyms is a bit too much of a change. Why is it so necessary to the story that the gym is Grass typed, not Electric?

dash142

Beginning Trainer
Cipher's main goal in the games is world domination as well as making the strongest Pokemon. And yeah Team Shadow is supposed to be the distraction. They basically are threatening the populace with Kyogre and Groudon's powers once they get them. They tell the former grunts that they want what they wanted, which is how they trick them into helping them and they keep the two seperated from each other so they won't find out their real plan because of course the aqua/magma grunts don't want world domination they want only sea or land. I guess the buildings could double as factories and gyms/hospitals.

I guess I could make it so Wally replaces Wattson instead and Norman is still there so it's only 2 changes. In the original games, Sabrina replaced the fighting dojo because psychic beats that, and the Dark type gym leader would beat whatever psychic person they tried to replace Tate & Liza with. Then the E4 would be... Psychic, which is weak against the Ghosts of Phoebe, and then Glacia's Ice which beats Drayden's Dragons. and then Steel. all of which are considered to be more powerful than most types for some reason, Dark was cool and all but it's not really considered as "Strong" as the others they included, so I think this fits better.

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
In the original games, Sabrina replaced the fighting dojo because psychic beats that, and the Dark type gym leader would beat whatever psychic person they tried to replace Tate & Liza with.

Correction: The Fighting Dojo was never an official gym. There were two potential gyms in Saffron; Sabrina's beat the Dojo to score the title of being an official member of the League. Also note that the Dojo still exists; Sabrina did not replace the Karate King as head of that particular gym.

So the point there ends up moot because the Dojo was never official, and whenever the official gym leaders were replaced, the type always remained the same.

007fan

Here's my idea:

We follow our main protagonist: Daniel, a trainer who has travelled both Johto and Sinnoh regions. Daniel received second place at the most recent Sinnoh Pokemon League, but since he was the favorite to win it all, the loss bothers him greatly. Daniel returns to his home in Olivine City and meets Professor Elm, who recommends Daniel try a new adventure: the Unova region. Once Daniel arrives in Unova, he meets a boy and a girl (still decdiding on names). The boy had a father who Daniel defeated in the Pokemon League, and the boy believes that if he defeats Daniel at Unova's Pokemon League, then he will prove himself to his family. The girl is more of an ally to Daniel, since Daniel in Unova will be a fish out of water.

Daniel will take the Unova League challenge and along the way help dismantle Team Plasma. I'd use the B2/W2 Unova. Daniel would have a Team Plasma Agent as another rival. I don't know how generic this sounds, so any ideas on making it more interesting are welcome.

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Here's my idea:

We follow our main protagonist: Daniel, a trainer who has travelled both Johto and Sinnoh regions. Daniel received second place at the most recent Sinnoh Pokemon League, but since he was the favorite to win it all, the loss bothers him greatly. Daniel returns to his home in Olivine City and meets Professor Elm, who recommends Daniel try a new adventure: the Unova region. Once Daniel arrives in Unova, he meets a boy and a girl (still decdiding on names). The boy had a father who Daniel defeated in the Pokemon League, and the boy believes that if he defeats Daniel at Unova's Pokemon League, then he will prove himself to his family. The girl is more of an ally to Daniel, since Daniel in Unova will be a fish out of water.

Daniel will take the Unova League challenge and along the way help dismantle Team Plasma. I'd use the B2/W2 Unova. Daniel would have a Team Plasma Agent as another rival. I don't know how generic this sounds, so any ideas on making it more interesting are welcome.

Extremely interesting idea. First and foremost, you very rarely see people send experienced trainers off on trainer fic circuits, so right off the bat, you provide us with a fresh character. His motive is pretty solid, providing plenty of opportunity for interesting backstory as well as decent characterization as early as chapter one. (He's facing disappointment right off the bat, so that will provide a juicy struggle before the story even gets out of the gates.) You give him a rival (the boy) who has every reason to not quite like him, and the traveling companion (the girl) is meant to be a companion -- a guide and the competent one -- rather than eye candy or a simple love interest. As a nice cherry on top, you never see an evil team agent be a rival for a character (Jessie in canon aside), so even that's fresh and different.

In short, this sounds pretty much not generic, and I'm actually interested in reading it.

Which is saying something because, well, I'm the one in the forum who goes :| to most new trainer fics. So congrats for being one of the few I haven't automatically :|'d at and good luck!

had another idea while playing the game. probably won't go with this but this idea has been animated in my mind. voices and everything.

basically it was going to be a story about Ariana and Mars and how they help each other in a way. Mars partners with Ariana and helps her get through Pinwheel Forest. However, they see that Team G (im going to say G here, might call them just Team G) is planning on stealing power from Team Galactic's building and steal their research. Since she is part of Team Galactic, Mars has to be the one to confront them, however she says that she can't because she believes she's weak. Ariana tries to calm her down and tell her that she isn't weak and that she needs to shut the voices out of her head. She also reminds her that she's a Team Galactic commander so if she WAS weak, she would be at grunt level.

However, Mars tells her that someone keeps telling her that she's a weakling and to the point where she believes it. This was based off the post game in Platinum where you are at Stark Mountain and you see Team Galactic. When you defeated Mars, I know that Jupiter tells her that she's weak and that she's ashamed to be a commander like her; so yes, *she's* the one that Mars refers to in this story and tells Ariana that she's beaten her *many* times and that's why the self doubt.

Then I got lost there because I didn't know what she'd say after that other than 'others thought I was weak but I sure hell surprised them. I render myself a strategist because of that.' But yeah, I underlined that one part because it DID happen in the game which fueled this. Wanted to make a heartwarming, cute friendship story with these two.

Janovy

Banned
I have an idea.

Basically, the main characters falls into a coma and by the time he wakes up, he realizes that the majority of Unova Region has been frozen over. I'm thinking of putting a twist on Kyurem and the whole B2/W2 storyline. I've been thinking of either an original character or the B2/W2 rival for the protagonist. Naturally, he soon realizes that his family is gone and pretty much all of the people he knew have vanished. Little does he know, but Team Plasma has already taken over the region. To make things more drastic, he's one of the rare people in Unova who actually stills own a Pokémon.

PatriotWolf

Okay, so I have this idea and even wrote a bit about it already. I always wanted to make a more realistic approach to the Pokemon world but showing slight things like the biology of Pokemon and how region or area's can affect how they look and such.

So the idea is this:

The fic would be told through a young Samuel Oak who has just finished his internship with leading Kanto Professor, Ulmus. However, Oak has shown his interest for researching the connection between Pokemon and their environments, and as such, upon finishing his internship, Ulmus has funded a research facility in a small village named Pallet in the southwestern edges of the nation. Oak has decided to set out and travel the Kanto Region and put down the first detailed description of habitats of Kanto and the Pokemon that inhabit it outside of small tidbits in the past, or what we know from trainers.

The story will be in the form of various papers in a diary of sorts where he is keeping track of the Pokemon.

Latiken

So I have this idea for a Pokemon fanfic that involves all of the main characters (and rivals) from Generations 1-5, minus Red and Blue, going to a new region. Most of them will have different names. It also takes place a year after the events of BW, and BW2 is disregarded. I have a few questions (and ideas):

The skill level order would be (in order from weakest to strongest):

Kris - Azura (yes, she is in this story, but as a generic trainer)
Wally
Barry/Hilda - Salima (working on name)
Bianca/Cheren
N
Lyra
Ethan - ???
Brendan - Aero/May - Rena (working on name)
Silver - Kamon/Hilbert - Hoi (initialized version of Hero of Ideals)
Dawn - ???/Lucas - ???
Leaf - ???

Each of them will have different reasons to go to the region, and some will also have heard about it from different sources.

Would the Hero still have Reshiram/Zekrom?

Would Team Magma/Aqua/Galactic (without Cyrus) go to a new region for any reason? If so, would any of them merge with one another (Magma/Aqua fusion not included, of course)? I can see Team Rocket and Plasma doing so to carry out their plans, but I'm not so sure about the other two.

I was thinking of either having a boat/airplane go from Route 29 (Kanto - Johto) to Hoenn to Sinnoh to Unova (but it takes a few days to get to Unova) to the new region, but is that even possible?

No new Pokemon will have been discovered, oddly enough, but some of them do have new moves. There are Pokemon Centers, but the PCs do not work, so those who want to catch new ones will have to deposit some of their current ones.

There will be at least 30 gyms and a non-linear path, some of which will have less conventional ways of getting badges.

Some gyms may also have restrictions (no super-effective attacks, no spam, etc.).

More to come.

Last edited:
Okay, I was practicality dreaming of this one. Yes, I had a dream about this idea and how the story would go down. I've wanted to do a Super Princess Peach like plot but never got around to doing it with my ginkinjka cast but maybe with my Team cast, maybe.

Plot: It's 12:30AM, and there are mysterious figures surrounding the Team Galactic HQ, many of them trying to scratch the windows. Meanwhile the noise wakes up Mars, who is sleeping in Saturn's room... alone (he sometimes goes for days at a time to go train himself). She see the shadows and feeling scared, she calls him. After some begging, he finally comes around and tries to see what the ruckus was. Meanwhile, in her room, Jupiter hears noises coming from her window. She hears many conversations going on about some secret plot. Her mate (who happens to be a Rocket grunt) happens to be sleeping next to her and she wakes him up, demanding that he'd go after them and protect her. (despite Jupiter never being targeted by Team Dark) The grunt goes and the offense after the people while Saturn accompanies him. However, when they do head outside, it happens to be Team Dark.

So they decide that they are going to try o fight them off, but before they could do that, Team D uses one of their ships to warp them to one of their flag ships. Now gone, the girls must find a way to save their loved ones. So they run to Team Rocket's building and pleads their case to them. They take the case, but Jupiter realizes that she must go with them while Mars has to stay behind with Ariana. That makes her upset because she feels that she's being disrespected, when it's really yes they will make sure she's safe however, they know that she's is more than capable.

After they leave, I wanted to have Mars and Ariana go after by themselves to see if they would be the heroes. They face many obstacles together such as being targeted by Team Dark and other things. But they use their Pokemon and some magic items to pull them through.

Yeah, this idea needs work.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
PatriotWolf - sounds cool. Are you going to account for things like Oak himself having Pokemon and the fact that he didn't complete the Pokedex (he says so in the beginning of R/B/Y/FR/LG)?

Latiken - I imagine the hero would probably still have their dragon, if N does. I don't really see Galactic fusing with another team, their plans just don't fit. Also, I can't really see most of Team Plasma (apart from Ghetsis and his loyal cronies) joining Rocket, as Plasma are opposed to Pokemon cruelty, while Rocket cut Slowpoke tails off for crying out loud! The boat/plane idea certainly seems possible.

Can I ask you some questions? First, why isn't Red coming? I understand Blue (being a gym leader and all), but why Red? (I'm not saying put him in, just asking for an explanation) Also, the PC thing makes little sense. The PCs are broken... but they can deposit their old Pokemon just fine? Just can't withdraw them? I don't understand why one function works, but the other doesn't - especially since they'd probably want to fix the withdraw function very quickly, think of all the poor Pokemon trapped in there. If you want to find a way to ensure the new Pokemon get usage, I'd say use a different idea. While the gym ideas seem mostly fine (the alternate ways to get badges and the avoidance of spam attacks seems like encouraging cleverness), I'm a little bothered by the banning of super effective attacks. To me, that sounds like giving a heavy advantage to the Gym Leader (their biggest threats are gone), and also prevents a trainer from strategising (they can't plan out how to attack their opponents' weak points).

Overall, a good idea, just needs a little more thinking.

Gothitelle - I like the idea of the women saving the men for a change, but I'm a bit confused. So both the men and women are very competent trainers (the women moreso together, as they are both admins while one of the men is a grunt), yet the men go off on their own...? I can understand Mars, if Team Dark are after her all the time, but why Jupiter? Is she backup or something? (In that case, wouldn't Saturn be better backup, as he is with her from the start?) And then they go anyway.

I'm not sure why Team Rocket want to help, but at least there seems to be a logical reason to help (a Rocket member was also captured). Why does Mars stay with Ariana, specifically? Why not Archer, or Proton, or Petrel, or just a random Rocket grunt? Alright, maybe an admin
makes sense due to being stronger, but still... And if Mars is still capable (or if Ariana is, it's not clear who you are referring to), why can't she go? Though the fact that they do, in fact, head off to fight seems to at least show that they are aware of this. Can you be a bit more specific as to these items, by the way?

Again, a good concept, it's just that I think it'd be a good idea to think out the circumstances a little more.

Gothitelle - I like the idea of the women saving the men for a change, but I'm a bit confused. So both the men and women are very competent trainers (the women moreso together, as they are both admins while one of the men is a grunt), yet the men go off on their own...? I can understand Mars, if Team Dark are after her all the time, but why Jupiter? Is she backup or something? (In that case, wouldn't Saturn be better backup, as he is with her from the start?) And then they go anyway.

I don't understand the question. However grunts arent incompetent. This guy though he is kinda strange is pretty competent. Are you asking why Jupiter feels the need to be protected?

I'm not sure why Team Rocket want to help, but at least there seems to be a logical reason to help (a Rocket member was also captured). Why does Mars stay with Ariana, specifically? Why not Archer, or Proton, or Petrel, or just a random Rocket grunt? Alright, maybe an admin
makes sense due to being stronger, but still... And if Mars is still capable (or if Ariana is, it's not clear who you are referring to), why can't she go? Though the fact that they do, in fact, head off to fight seems to at least show that they are aware of this. Can you be a bit more specific as to these items, by the way?

I don't understand here either. For the capable thing I was referring to Jupiter, not Mars/Ariana. She was the one who wanted to stay behind with the other girls but then the team wanted her to fight along side them.

And your right. Since in my universe, Archer and Ariana are dating, he should have protected them however, it would make my plot a little less endearing since a man is with them. Ariana is an interm boss so she's also an admin. (plus Proton and Petrel have their own girlfriends to worry about, plus they don't really like Ariana)

Items, I was thinking like in the Peach game, a magic parasol?

PatriotWolf

PatriotWolf - sounds cool. Are you going to account for things like Oak himself having Pokemon and the fact that he didn't complete the Pokedex (he says so in the beginning of R/B/Y/FR/LG)?
will have Pokemon throughout the Kanto trip. I was thinking of expanding the Pokemon universe, as in adding in locations in Kanto, and adding in OC's. Remember, Oak won't be a trainer, so how he handles his Pokemon will be significantly different. More so, he isn't out to capture every Pokemon like Ash, no, his goal is to study them in their natural habitats. Quick note, I am also looking into Pallet growing from a small village into a sizable, starter-giveout town due to Oak situating his lab there. So yeah. Expanded Universe pretty much, and no he will not complete the Pokedex, nor does it exist at the time.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I don't understand the question. However grunts arent incompetent. This guy though he is kinda strange is pretty competent. Are you asking why Jupiter feels the need to be protected?

I don't understand here either. For the capable thing I was referring to Jupiter, not Mars/Ariana. She was the one who wanted to stay behind with the other girls but then the team wanted her to fight along side them.

And your right. Since in my universe, Archer and Ariana are dating, he should have protected them however, it would make my plot a little less endearing since a man is with them. Ariana is an interm boss so she's also an admin. (plus Proton and Petrel have their own girlfriends to worry about, plus they don't really like Ariana)

Items, I was thinking like in the Peach game, a magic parasol?

For the first question, yes, I was asking why Jupiter stayed behind. Also, for the grunt thing, sorry - I wasn't saying so much that he would be INcompetent, due to being lower ranked, I was saying that he might not be as strong as the admins.

Ah, I see. The way you worded the capable sentence confused me as to who it referred to. I wasn't so much saying that it should be one of the men (as the story is based off of the men being damsels in distress, not the women). Rather, I was trying to say that there should be a specific reason why Ariana, rather than somebody else, is staying behind.

A magic parasol? Could work, if you could tie it to the Pokemon world somehow (like it's a Ditto or something).

will have Pokemon throughout the Kanto trip. I was thinking of expanding the Pokemon universe, as in adding in locations in Kanto, and adding in OC's. Remember, Oak won't be a trainer, so how he handles his Pokemon will be significantly different. More so, he isn't out to capture every Pokemon like Ash, no, his goal is to study them in their natural habitats. Quick note, I am also looking into Pallet growing from a small village into a sizable, starter-giveout town due to Oak situating his lab there. So yeah. Expanded Universe pretty much, and no he will not complete the Pokedex, nor does it exist at the time.

It's very clear from the setting that it would contain OCs (being a good 20 years or so ago), as well as Oak not being a trainer. How the Pokedex is invented and the growth of Pallet seem like really great things that could be covered in the story as well. Like I said, it sounds really interesting, and I feel like reading it from the description!

PatriotWolf

It's very clear from the setting that it would contain OCs (being a good 20 years or so ago), as well as Oak not being a trainer. How the Pokedex is invented and the growth of Pallet seem like really great things that could be covered in the story as well. Like I said, it sounds really interesting, and I feel like reading it from the description!

I would say a good 40 to 50 years ago. :p Pokeball's just becoming widespread. And good, already have a reader. The only problem I am having is that I fear that telling a story through first person diary entries won't attract readers as the action will be based around what Oak experiences in his travels. And its mostly about cataloging the differences in Pokemon. Like a Pokemon Encyclopedia.

In any case the first entry is an intro with him discussing what he is going to do, and also introducing Puck. His Pokemon.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well, I was thinking to myself: What if I did my own take on a trainer fic?

It would involve May and Drew, along with them encountering a few people like Harley along the way...Of course, it will involve some shippyness, but I am mainly worried about how many people think that there won't be much originality...

For the first question, yes, I was asking why Jupiter stayed behind.

Well if you think the love of your life is in danger, why send them out? Especially if they *demand* that you protect them?

Rather, I was trying to say that there should be a specific reason why Ariana, rather than somebody else, is staying behind.

She also gets targeted as well.