1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Fic ideas V.2

Discussion in 'The Authors' Café' started by Janovy, Apr 19, 2009.

1. gwen-watson

gwen-watson A Marvel Baby

See here's the thing. Basically I posted this fic over ten years ago when I was under a different username. Me, being forgetful, made a new account (this one) and I revisited Said 10+ year old fic, and found it cringey and want to rewrite it.

But I don't wanna be accused of plagiarism either. It is my fic, but it's old and I want to rewrite it. I don't wanna post and get in trouble, you know?

2. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

Do you have the original manuscripts on your computer? Any files that you used with a date stamp on them? If not, explain what happened: you made a fan fic 10+ years ago. Most users I know don't go looking for "cringey" fan fics on Serebii that were posted over a decade ago. If you want to get some hard proof, you could try to retrieve your password from said account. So long as you remember the username and the email account, you should be able to get access.

3. gwen-watson

gwen-watson A Marvel Baby

Sadly, I don't have the original manuscript. It's been several computers over the years and idiot me didn't know how to back up at the time.

As for email, that's also been deactivated: it was a cringey old email.

Again, the last thing I want to do is get in trouble for plagiarism. Unfortunately I only have my word. But I do still want to revisit it. Not too sure.

4. The Teller

The Teller King of Half-Truths

Just thought of something that's small enough that I can do on and off throughout the year: continue with the "A Day with X" stories that Pokemon Masters is currently doing with their characters. Let's face it, most of those characters aren't going to get fleshed out beyond that one entry, at least not for another year or so, so why not take my own spin on it? Maybe I can come up with an interesting quirk for some of them? What do you guys think?