• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fic ideas V.2

frozenthrone101

BugBite Leader
edited it what about now

mysteriousfossil

A bigger boat? Yes.
Here's the prologue for a story I'm thinking about writing, the prologue doesn't reveal much about the story but it is mainly about a prophecy involving Hetran and Stark Mountain. I'm not really sure where this is going yet, but when it really gets started, I hope it will be good.

Into the Fire

Prologue​

When time began, Arceus created the first Pokemon to create order in the world. Palkia was born from the depths of space itself and this birth gave life to others such as Deoxys and Jirachi, beings of space. Dialga was created from the essence of time, every day that was, is, and yet to come was used in its creation, also assigning guardians such as Celebi. Giratina was a flaw in the system, all the dark energy and hate building up in Arceus, released as a whole Pokemon itself. As usual, with order comes chaos, and Giratina was the one to bring chaos in the form of other gods of unimaginable power.

Giratina was the bearer of life for Crescelia, created to protect the moon, Darkrai, created to guide the darkness and shadows, and Shaymin, created as the smallest god, the spark of life itself. From these first beings sprung other Pokemon and then once the birth of the world was done, Arceus made a fatal mistake that was the best decision it could have ever made at the same time. Arceus created humans to utilize the power of Pokemon and give purpose to their existence besides being guardians of nature. Those created in the beginning of time are now known as legendary Pokemon, only one of each in existence.

Now in a realm beyond the world, hidden beneath Sinnoh, Arceus resides in hibernation, waiting to be awakened when needed. Sadly, these millennia of sleep were the perfect time for everything to go wrong, humans abusing power and the first Pokemon using nature's power to their will. The Sinnoh region is the center of every struggle, from the capture of Lugia in the Orange Islands, to the creation of Entei in Johto, to the endless battle of Kyogre and Groudon, to the very battle that decided Sinnoh's fate, the clashing of Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina. These and many more struggles for the survival of the world have all been resolved peacefully, leaving Arceus in its slumber.

One god of nature, however, is more powerful than expected and is belittled by myths and tales. This ignorance of a true cataclysmic power has been building up inside Stark Mountain's dormant volcano and will explode in a possibly apocalyptic event. The very goddess of volcanoes herself hides within the lava caverns and tunnels of Stark Mountain, waiting to erupt. This power will be used either to create a new golden age for Sinnoh or be its undoing. When Stark Mountain erupts, the fate of Sinnoh will lie in the hands of five very different yet strangely alike humans. The clock is ticking and Hetran readies to awaken...

Xerth

Something I am working on.

So here is a storyline for a story/TRPG I am working on, but I wanted to know if its good or bad, or just plain ugly.

Its set in the future.

The year 2012, a Meteor was headed towards earth and would collide, within days. It was the size of 4 hoenns, and would destroy all of mankind and Pokemon.

Arceus came on the last day to try to stop it. But what we don't know about Arceus, is that he has a cosmic twin, Suecra. With all of the same abilities and powers.

It lives in the paralell side of Arceus's world. Arceus created the realms of time and space, while Suecra created the realm of the torn world. They both bring ballance to the universe. But Suecra wanted the meteor to hit so he can reshape the world in his own image. Arceus promised to stop him, and there began the climactic war between brothers.

Suecra eventually defeated Arceus, and left him to weak to defend earth from the Meteor. Arceus then used up all of his energy and created another realm, and by doing so this drained Suecra of his own energy since they are of one evergy source.

Dialga, and Palkia then came forth and created worm holes throughout the globe, and began scooping up humans, and pokemon to transfer into this new world.

Some people and Pokemon made it through, but others didn't. Suecra was enraged, but powerless, and went into a state of slumber to regain his energy, while Arceus also went into the same slumber.

Pokemon like Groudon and Kyogre made it to the other world and began cultivating the landscapes and seas.

All the humans and Pokemon that were transferred a total of 3 million, nothing compared to the 6 billion that occupied the globe made it. Mewtwo was there, and he explained what had happened.

Over a Century later, and the humans and Pokemon lived peacefully in the Utopia, under the rule of a King known as Master Arther. Everything was peaceful, and within time, it became almost like home. Their technology quickly advanced and their lands were equal. All until Arther passed away.

Then another leader took role of the western nation, and renamed it _______ Nation. Three more leaders arose and took control of the other nations. _______ Kingdom, ________ Region, and ________ State.

(I need names for each)

Each Nation having their own gyms and own Pokemon, began an all our war against each other. This was later resolved, but they still don't like each other.

Everyyear, they throw a Pokemon League Olympic challenge, where all nations have a top trainer to represent them, and battle it out, showing which nation is the best.

The _______ Nation, is still the number one winners.

blahh blahh blahhh. what do you think?

Legend of Lucario

Songwriter
Hmmmmmm....I like the idea.

I think the explanation of the original world ending is good, with the whole Arceus thing, but that should be more of a prologue type thing, or a prequel story, and then once your get into the chapters, or the full story, you go about the nations and the battling.

But it's your story so do whatever you want!

Let me know if it comes out, I want to read it!

Legend of Lucario

Songwriter
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

You know right now I do not but I will think of something. Just think of the rames of like the Pokemon regions and then think of some crazy sounding names like that!

I usually don't make my own regions or Pokemon, I might do that for a fic though.

lugia*master

Cheese XD
I like the idea, but describing all of that in the first couple of chapters would drag on, and readers will lose interest before it gets tot he main story. I'd suggest that you focus on whoever the main character is, and show the catastrophe through flashbacks or something, and legends, and then have them find out what truly happens in the end, but don't tell. And then, describe the full event in an Epilogue. It could work, but then again, it's merely a suggestion.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
new idea;
ten years after the events of pokémon emerald, team rocket admin apollo finds out about the legend of groundon and the secret tower of johto. he also finds out that without groundon, the worlds heat would go down. a lot. so he orders team rocket to attack the monster, a trainer that is heading to the safari zone observes these events. team rocket takes the groundon and throws it into the artic above sinnoh, the trainer trys to help it, but it goes deep into the ocean. the world gets colder, and colder. now the world goes into an ice age. the trainer has to go and try to revive groundon, but to do this, he must go back into time. now he has to find dialga, will he succeed?

thanks for repsonding

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
H'okay. Down to business.

ten years after the events of pokémon emerald, team rocket admin apollo finds out about the legend of groundon and the secret tower of johto. Groudon. he also finds out that without groundon, the worlds heat would go down. a lot. And Apollo would care about this... why, exactly? Not to mention that it's never stated that without Groudon the heat would go down... so he orders team rocket to attack the monster, a trainer that is heading to the safari zone observes these events. Okay. Trainer thing is clearly an attempt to get the MC involved. What's stopping him from merely watching Team Rocket hop into Johto to kill a Hoennian Legendary on his TV set? Surely they're broadcasting this slop. Also, again - Why would Team Rocket give a Ratatta's tail about Groudon and the temperature going down? Thye have more important things to do (like rule the world) than worry about that. team rocket takes the groundon and throws it into the artic above sinnoh, Um, how? Did they just rope the thing up and carry the carcass of a twenty-foot red monster across the skies of Johto...? the trainer trys to help it, but it goes deep into the ocean. Okay, you lost me. Why did Groudon go into the Mewing OCEAN? There's not even any ocean in Snowpoint not covered by ice! the world gets colder, and colder. now the world goes into an ice age. the trainer has to go and try to revive groundon, but to do this, he must go back into time. Or, you know, he could just go catch Groudon and release him out of the PokéArctic Ocean. now he has to find dialga, will he succeed? Wait... Dialga? Okay, that was random.
This idea needs... a lot of work, to put it simply. The whole thing the plot hangs on - Groudon being tossed into the ocean and the worldwide temperature going down - can't even happen. Groudon has no power over making the temperature colder, only hotter. Plus, why did Groudon/Team Rocket leave their respective home turf and what compelled Apollo to at all care?

Manchee

extra toasty
Mr. Joker said:
new idea;
ten years after the events of pokémon emerald, team rocket admin apollo finds out about the legend of groundon and the secret tower of johto. he also finds out that without groundon, the worlds heat would go down. a lot. so he orders team rocket to attack the monster, a trainer that is heading to the safari zone observes these events. team rocket takes the groundon and throws it into the artic above sinnoh, the trainer trys to help it, but it goes deep into the ocean. the world gets colder, and colder. now the world goes into an ice age. the trainer has to go and try to revive groundon, but to do this, he must go back into time. now he has to find dialga, will he succeed?

thanks for repsonding

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to agree with Giratina :\ There isn't much to the plot/idea, and you left a lot of things unconnected. I wasn't sure why it was the Team Rocket guy instead of Team Aqua/Magma since they're the villianous groups of Hoenn.

And I also was thinking is Groudon has the ability to make it sunny and hot wherever it goes, why didn't it just, like... melt the arctic area it was placed it? I'm sure it's body is hot enough and/or it would be too uncomfortable to stay in the cold region for very long.

//BA\\

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
you guys are right :x It was kinda a stupid idea now that I look back at it. >.>;

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
Here is my idea: Pokemon island. Machoke has lived in Vermilion City since he was a little machop. Later in life, a Machoke finds him and raises him to fight with his gang, 2 tyroges and a Hitmontop. Machop has lived with his new friends and watched himself evolve to a machoke, machoke evolve into a machamp, and the tyroges evolving into hitmonlee and hitmonchan. The problem is thre are Pokemon catchers that have been looking to catch the gang for years and in one disater they succeed, but machoke escapes but gets pushed into the ocean knocked out.

Finally after drifting, he wakes up in a place called Pokemon island. Pokemon Island is perfect place where there is only Pokemon. Machoke meets a Golem and tells him his situation. Golem suggest to enter a tourtament where the winner gets one wish from king Charizard. Machoke is an excellent fighter and thinks he can win no problem. The only thing in his way is a greedy gang called Team Zap'em (name can be edited), Jolteon, Electrode, and Electabuzz, who wants to win the tourtament to dominate and destroy the peacful life style of Pokemon island. The rest of the book is about Machoke trying to rescue his friends and bring them back to Pokemon Island and his new feud with Team Zape'm.

I'm trying to keep this rated no more than PG and keep it kid friendly. If you have some ideas, please tell me.

Last edited:

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Here is my idea: Pokemon island. Machoke has lived in Vermilion City since he was a little machop. Later in life, a Machoke finds him and raises him to fight with his gang, 2 tyroges and a Hitmontop. Machop has lived with his new friends and watched himself evolve to a machoke, machoke evolve into a machamp, and the tyroges evolving into hitmonlee and hitmonchan. The problem is thre are Pokemon catchers that have been looking to catch the gang for years and in one disater they succeed, but machoke escapes but gets pushed into the ocean knocked out.

Finally after drifting, he wakes up in a place called Pokemon island. Pokemon Island is perfect place where there is only Pokemon. Machoke meets a Golem and tells him his situation. Golem suggest to enter a tourtament where the winner gets one wish from king Charizard. Machoke is an excellent fighter and thinks he can win no problem. The only thing in his way is a greedy gang called Team Zap'em (name can be edited), Jolteon, Electrode, and Electabuzz, who wants to win the tourtament to dominate and destroy the peacful life style of Pokemon island. The rest of the book is about Machoke trying to rescue his friends and bring them back to Pokemon Island and his new feud with Team Zape'm.

I'm trying to keep this rated no more than PG and keep it kid friendly. If you have some ideas, please tell me.

Last time I check catching Pokemon isn't illegal. Also, why would the Pokemon be afraid? The Pokedex said that wild Pokemon are jealous of captured Pokemon in the first episode. On another note, how would a Charizard grant a wish? The only Pokemon I know of that can grant wishes is Jirachi and he can only do so every time he wakes up and he only wakes up every thousand years I believe. Another thing is why would Team Zap'em want to destroy the peaceful nature of the island? Were they wronged somehow or is it just because? I suggest returning to the drawing board and coming up with a few more ideas

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
Theese are a group of Pokemon that feel they can be independent on their own and enjoy the freedom of not being inside a Pokeball. Also, Team Zap'em is just plain greedy and they want to have complete control over Pokemon Island since Jolteon thinks he was cheated out of the last tourtament 5 years ago. Charizard won't magicly grant a wish; he's king so he'll use his authority to grant the wish the best he can. Machoke has been trying to avoid a Pokemon pound employee (something I made up.) They're trying to avoid being put inside a Pokemon pound.

Thankyou for the ideas :)

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Theese are a group of Pokemon that feel they can be independent on their own and enjoy the freedom of not being inside a Pokeball.

Well they're first reaction should be to battle, not run.

Also, Team Zap'em is just plain greedy and they want to have complete control over Pokemon Island since Jolteon thinks he was cheated out of the last tourtament 5 years ago.

Gotta love the greedy characters. You should have said that before.

Charizard won't magicly grant a wish; he's king so he'll use his authority to grant the wish the best he can.

What if they wish they could breathe underwater or something like that? :p

Machoke has been trying to avoid a Pokemon pound employee (something I made up.) They're trying to avoid being put inside a Pokemon pound.

Shouldn't he be worried about becoming a builder or a mover?

Thankyou for the ideas :)

No problem. If you need any help on something don't be afraid to send me a PM or VM and I will help to the best of my ability.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
The Path of the Pokemon Master

30 years ago, a 10-year old boy named Scott slowly wakes up in his parents' house on the outskirts of Rustboro City, near modern-day Petalburg. The house is luxorious, and the boy is well-nourished. They day is a special day, as well: see, the boy just turned 10this night. This makes him eligible for his very own Pokemon journey. But, Scott dosen't want to go. The fact of the matter is, he really has no choice but to. Both his mother and father are very well-respected in the Pokemon community: his father is Drake, the champion of the Hoenn league, and the mother is Glacia, an experienced co-ordinator who has shown talent in the ways of battling as well. As such, Scott is expected to follow in his father's and mother's footsteps. However, Scott does not like Pokemon. He would rather just become a stock trader or something. But, still, he is expected to.

Scott reluctantly walks up to Prof. Rowan's (who was at the time doing his studies in Hoenn) lab, currently located deep in the forest, but now it would be straight in Littleroot Town. He shudders from the Lotads, Seedots, Shroomishes, and Wurmples in his path, and is frightened of the Tailows and Poochyenas. Finally, he reaches the lab. There, he runs into a young, enthusiastic female who wants to become a trainer herself named Cynthia. Scott introduces herself to the talkitive trainer. "I'm actually seven," she says, "but my dad let me start early! He says the rule is silly. He thinks that being a trainer isn't something that someone should deprive their early years of." Scott is astonished of this. Breaking the rules! And to be something as dangerous as a Trainer! Nothenless, he didn't want to hurt the girl's feelings, so he just nodded and said, "Uh-huh."

Rowan had been on an errand, so Scott was relieved when he was finally relieved of his baby-sitting chores. Rowan, after giving a boring spiel about Pokemon that nearly drove Scott asleep (but fascinated Cynthia), gave the two a choice of several Pokemon placed on his desk. "I'm sorry for the randomness," he said, "but I didn't think anyone would come here for a starter." Cynthia, after oohing and aahing about all the Pokemon on the desk, finally had her heart set on one Pokemon, a Togepi. "Can I have that one, Mr. Rowan?" Rowan chuckled, and responed positively. Cynthia cheered. Meanwhile, Scott was still looking. Abra...too cute...Rhyhorn...too rough...Finally, he settled upon a red-and-white spherical Pokemon. "Ah! You want Voltorb?" the professor asked. Scott replied with a "Sure."
Finally, the two had their first Pokemon. Just as they were about to leave (and Scott was getting impatient) Cynthia pointed at something behind Rowan. "Ooh, what's that?" she asked. Rowan was evidently pleased by this. "Ah! Nice eyes! Those are Pokedexes. They were invented by my good friend Professor Oak. See, they contain all sorts of data about any Pokemon seen by it's holder. It's my dream to hold a complete version of one of these one day." Cynthia's heart lept. "Can I have one? Please, please, please?" Rowan said yes, much to Scott's joy, and explained that had been one of his main hopes for this meeting, actually. Rowan gave Scott a Dex too, (although Scott didn't want one), and finally gave one last spiel, and dismissed the two. Cynthia ran out laughing and eager. Scott, though he wouldn't admit it, was happy for her too. But, he had his own buisness to attend to. Let's see what me and Voltorb can make out of this situation, he thought...

So basically, this is telling

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
Sounds like its a good idea, but just to let you know you gotta have some type of villan planned. A story is never goood unless theres some greedy villan. Also, just telling the beginning of the story really doesn't say much about the story. consider this. What big problem does Scott and Cynthia run into?

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
Okay, one thing I need to ask before we start: is this involving that Scott and that Cynthia?

If it is, I must applaud you on your great choice in canons. WE NEED MOAR SCOTT! Onto the actual story, though. Yes, I agree; just giving us a summary of the first chapter isn't going to help us much in determining how this works. By the looks of things it's going to be a Trainer fic set in Hoenn with... Rowan in it, for whatever reason. Well, I'm sure we all know how Rowan likes to take field trips and that he never mentioned much about ever being settled down out of Sinnoh, so is there any possibility that Rowan could be just working with whoever happens to be running the Lab at that point in time and was given permission to hand out certain Pokémon? Just saying 'Oh, Rowan used to be in Hoenn' is just sort of... iffy to me. It seems like you're trying to warp the plotline a little so that you could have Rowan in there instead of Birch - and you may be, or you may not be. It just concerns me sort of.

And yes, you do need some sort of antagonist, even if it's not an Antagonistic Organization based on serious world screw-uppery. Unless this is going to be a one-shot, which I doubt it is.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Yeah, I do plan on having an antagonist.

Most likely either Rocket or Snagem. Whoever. I need to think of a new leader and MO, though, obviously.

Cynthia won't be a main character. Oh, sure, she'll pop up from time to time, but more in the vein of the in-game rivals, but even less.

As for Rowan, well, I had to put him in as otherwise Cynthia couldn't show up. Yes, I know, it's heavily plot-holed, but...yeah, I can't think of anything else.