• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fic ideas V.2

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Looks good, i'm looking forwardto reading it.

on the other and, i've had a story in my head since i was six (i'm now fourteen), i've been trying to write it, and as i grew, bits changed, some characters made relationships, som of the recurring characters had their own story, so here i am, about to write it down. (Hopefully)

Genre: Aventure/Drama (Warning: may contain romance)

Time: the not-so distant future.

Place: Kanto for now.

Story idea:
Its three different trainers embarking on the same adventure, through their travels, they have ups, downs, and middles, and they learn to appreciate each other's company. The'll be times of conflict and times of perfect harmony.

But they need to struggle through that to save Kanto and possibly the world from an evil more powerful than any criminal organisation from their past, our present.

Superpowerful Pokemon, Extreme Cunning, and an Infinite army, how can three teenagers stop all this. You'll have to wait.

say what you like,

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Well, what to say... The "Bad guys" They are fighting against are all but human.

The Main characters are but three of a group of trainers with immense potential. In total, there are fourteen Young trainers on a journey to create the Ultimate Kanto Pokedex, Professor Oak's last ever errand foryoung teenagers. Each Gym Leader in Kanto (8), along with the elite four (4), aswell as professor Oak himself and the previous champion (since a champion reigns only for a year and this year, one hasn't been selected) are to choose one teenager aged fifteen-sixteen and put him on the errand. Usually, these are the cream of the trainer's crop, since they are chosen by the best to be the best. The only thing they have is a tent, a phone, some money and a good-old Pokemon.

Last edited:

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
There isn't really much else, bit yeah, there pokemon, pokemon with high cunning and intellect.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
The cool, still night air was, for most Pokemon, a calm and gentle one.
However for one lone Medicham, this night was anything but peaceful.
Sprinting as fast as he could, he knew all too well that he couldn’t get away.

That’s the thing about life. Even when we know it’s about to end, and that there’s no avoiding it, we fight as hard as we can for that last scrap of survival. That last single second.

He leapt over some sort of debris, throwing off a couple of Vacuum Waves, hoping to at least slow his pursuers down for another second or two as he frantically tried to escape his fate.
But even though he ran as fast as he could, he couldn’t get away.
His death, he realised, was almost inevitable. He wasn’t fast enough, and unless something drastic happened, his desperate struggle would end tragically. His wife, his children, would be alone. Never knowing what had happened to him on the night he disappeared.
Turning a corner, he saw a chance, an opportunity. Desperation taking over, he raced forwards, faster then he ever thought possible. Nearing his target, he jumped up, spinning at the top of his jump into a kick, aiming, crashing through some metallic structure, sending it raining down behind him.
He landed heavily on the floor, eyes closed, listening.
Aside from the sound of his own panting and the screech of scraping metal, there was nothing. The soft, light ‘pat pat pat pat’ sound that had haunted him for two hours was no more.
He had done it. He had fought off his attackers.
Letting out a deep sigh of relief, he stood up and opened his eyes.
He only saw them for a few seconds. Black skinned, sharp white claws, flashes of red.

It took only a few seconds for his life to end.
A few seconds for his still-beating heart to be ripped from his chest.
The pursuers leapt back into the shadows, and the night remained still.

That’s the funny thing about life. It can last years, but end in seconds.​

So, just a little idea I had really.

It's set in a world where humans have long since died out due to virus. Pokemon have carried on living, with most of them never knowing what a "Human" is or was. However the Pokemon live in a society that echoes humanity, having jobs and classes, towns and cities in the same way we do.

A group of powerful Pokemon have taken control of a city through powerful organised crime.

Originally synthesising performance enhancement drugs and selling them at cut price, they gained an army of addicts to be used as test subjects, messengers, slaves.

Their discoveries and advances only rocketed from there, being able to grow organs, produce complicated genetic coding and successfully integrate it into foetuses.

They had discovered how to engineer life. However, buy from them and you enter a deal. A contract which must be paid in full. Failure to meet those conditions results in the loss of the organ, as well as interest.

And now, although she may remain oblivious, they're setting their sites on young Kirlia. The time to pay has arrived.

So, I was more keen on the idea BEFORE I wrote this. Funny that eh?

I wanted to come up with something darker, something that questioned morals, something more mature, I wanted something different.
Trainer fics bore me as they all tend to be the same, so I thought I'd see what I could come up with after a night of drinking and watching Dexter. This, apparently, is it.

I wrote that little 'excerpt' so to speak, as a means of giving you an idea of the feel, something more then just "I had THIS idea, what think?" More a "Here's and idea I had, here's how it would probably work, thoughts?"
So, yeah, any thoughts, questions etc?

In a Quandary

As the Title Says...
Basically, it's a Pokemon = human fic with crime thrown into the mix. A less overused plot concept than the trainer fics, but overused nonetheless. Unless you're going someplace special with this, it will scarcely be different to any crime fic with a human cast.

How Pokemon came to be like their self-serving, power-corrupted human counterparts would be a far better concept to explore. Despite their sentience, Pokemon, as a majority, seem to be relatively simple creatures. With the possible exception of the sapient and extremely intelligent Psychic/anthropomorphic species, they do not have human dilemmas like those of morality. (It was even expounded upon in the anime that there were no such thing as inherently 'good' or 'evil' Pokemon; Pokemon were only as 'good' or 'evil' as the humans that demanded their subservience.) Pokemon operate predominantly on the instincts of seeking pleasure, ensuring survival and reproducing; they are much closer to animals than humans. It would take an evolutionary event of epic proportions to 'elevate' their mental capabilities to the intellectualism of humankind - the likes of which is your task to elaborate upon.

And the entire human race wiped out by a virus; deus ex machina much? I recommend you do more research on virus pathology. A virus of that lethality would kill its hosts far too quickly to spread efficiently.

Last edited:

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Basically, it's a Pokemon = human fic with crime thrown into the mix. A less overused plot concept than the trainer fics, but overused nonetheless. Unless you're going someplace special with this, it will scarcely be different to any crime fic with a human cast.

How Pokemon came to be like their self-serving, power-corrupted human counterparts would be a far better concept to explore. Despite their sentience, Pokemon, as a majority, seem to be relatively simple creatures. With the possible exception of the sapient and extremely intelligent Psychic/anthropomorphic species, they do not have human dilemmas like those of morality. (It was even expounded upon in the anime that there were no such thing as inherently 'good' or 'evil' Pokemon; Pokemon were only as 'good' or 'evil' as the humans that demanded their subservience.) Pokemon operate predominantly on the instincts of seeking pleasure, ensuring survival and reproducing; they are much closer to animals than humans. It would take an evolutionary event of epic proportions to 'elevate' their mental capabilities to the intellectualism of humankind - the likes of which is your task to elaborate upon.

And the entire human race wiped out by a virus; deux ex machina much? I recommend you do more research on virus pathology. A virus of that lethality would kill its hosts far too quickly to spread efficiently.

Might I ask for a release date? :p I love both crime oriented stuff and Pokemon so to throw them together like that you immediately have my attention. It's a nice deviation from the usual "Pokemon owned by human" or PMD fics. It's sort of a combination. Good job.

In a Quandary

As the Title Says...
Might I ask for a release date? :p I love both crime oriented stuff and Pokemon so to throw them together like that you immediately have my attention. It's a nice deviation from the usual "Pokemon owned by human" or PMD fics. It's sort of a combination. Good job.

@ Shadow Lucario: I believe you quoted the wrong person. I was pointing out the flaws in Darkfall's story idea rather than advocating it.

@ Darkfall: An easy way to circumvent all the plot discrepancies I have mentioned in my above post is to simply label your fic AU and be done with it. Of course, that is rather lazy and cheap...

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
@ Shadow Lucario: I believe you quoted the wrong person. I was pointing out the flaws in Darkfall's story idea rather than advocating it.

That's what I get for skimming. I thought it was your idea that you were hoping to get feedback for.

mysteriousfossil

A bigger boat? Yes.
Just a recent idea I had. I thought of a lot of variations on this, here's the one I liked the most:

Celeste McLaren is a blind teenage girl, heiress to her parents' business enterprise that spreads across all of Johto and into other regions. Due to her blindness and her parents' wealthiness, they have spoiled her with everything possible. But Celeste is locked in this material fantasy world, being kept in her mansion home for "her own protection" according to her parents. She has no idea what the world around her is, no vision of the flora and fauna on this beautiful planet. That is until she meets Mew.

Mew is a Legendary Pokemon, created by Arceus at the beginning of the universe to embody creativity and curiosity. Through his long life, Mew has used these powers to help other people as he journeys across the world, always looking for a new thrill. When he meets Celeste, he naturally wants to help. Disguising himself as Caspar, a free spirited young trainer, he takes Celeste out into the world. Mew/Caspar vows to help Celeste see the world by any means possible as they embark on this journey. But as they stumble upon a secret behind the McLaren Enterprise, their journey might turn out to be more than they both bargained for.

Coming Soon... See No Evil

So if you guys could just offer any advice or stuff that would be great. Thanks!

Manchee

extra toasty
It's a very iffy idea, obviously. You definitely have a nice plot and idea, but the big and obvious problem is Mew. And for pretty generic reasons too: why did he choose her of all blind people, why doesn't he want to bring her around everywhere, etc. I'm curious though for why you picked Mew to be the person taking her around, and not a regular person she knows (like a butler/main or someone she's friends with).

mysteriousfossil

A bigger boat? Yes.
Buraddo Aipom, I see your point. I had thought of using another person but I chose Mew instead because I felt that it would be more interesting and different with a Pokemon guiding her. And as for why Mew chose her out of all people, in this story, why Mew helps certain people is because their realities are clouded by sins and such. Celeste's world is clouded by all the things her parents get her and the fact that she's never left her home. Mew is looking to help anyone in a situation like this, and in this story, Celeste is that person. I hope that clears it up a little bit.

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
Alright two ideas, shoot me before I go far. Both are non-Pokemon:

This is the story I'm still working on plot-wise. Basically it's the 2nd Grand Championship Tourney and the winner gets to duel Seto Kaiba. But in addition to that, the two finalists get to beta-test Kaibaland's new Duel Castle, which is a smaller, more contained version of the virtual reality game Kaiba made before Battle City. These two also get to bring one other friend, as long as they have a deck of their own.

While the one character, David/Dakota(still deciding on his name), is participating in the elimination round of the tournament, his friend, Josh, will be participating in a promotional gathering. Everyone opens 5 (free) packs and duels each other with them, if a person is able to beat at least 3 different people with these cards, they get another pack containing rare cards.

The thing is Josh has never dueled in his life. So, being interested in dueling because of his friend, he tries to duel in this gathering. David/Dakota figures it's a good opportunity to learn since all the players will be using the same cards - so Josh will be able to learn from his opponents. Of course, he sucks.

However prior to this tourney, one of Maximillion Pegasus's Card Manufacturing Machines have been stolen. This raises up the possiblity of Illegal cards being created, which would ruin the metagame Pegasus worked so hard to maintain. In the meantime, reports of cards being stolen from duelists and card shop owners are increasing, adding to the chaos.

I'm still working on this, however this story will feature many new cards created by me(and maybe some other people if I'm willing to accept submit ideas), as well as a few game breaking cards that will make the duel completely one-sided. As for decks, I already worked out that David/Dakota will have an original "Black Luster Soldier"-themed deck and Josh will (eventually) have a sort of "Phoenix"-themed deck, as well as alot of crappy cards that completely diviate from the deck's focus.

I was thinking of a doing a prose version of MegaMan Battle Network 3 as it is my favorite MegaMan game. While I do plan on following it close, I also plan on adding side-game stuff into the main story. Also, I plan on doing multi POV for some parts to add more depth to the story already created.
Example: What Lan does during the part where MegaMan gets disconnected from the PET. Or what Chaud does that is only mentinoed in dialogue.
Then I plan on adding more story to the post-game parts like the Secret Area. So yeah. =/

Opinions are welcome as always.

Manchee

extra toasty
Buraddo Aipom, I see your point. I had thought of using another person but I chose Mew instead because I felt that it would be more interesting and different with a Pokemon guiding her. And as for why Mew chose her out of all people, in this story, why Mew helps certain people is because their realities are clouded by sins and such. Celeste's world is clouded by all the things her parents get her and the fact that she's never left her home. Mew is looking to help anyone in a situation like this, and in this story, Celeste is that person. I hope that clears it up a little bit.

Still, the point I guess I was also implying was that Mew, a very strong Legendary that would most likely be doing Legendary activities, is instead helping people for the reason you said. It sounds okay and makes some sense, but it's like if Voldemort's followers decided to help Harry "just because he needed the help and some odds were stacked against him" (not the best example, but all I could think of). I just wanted to warn you that there's a very high chance this may not go over really well with the readers.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
I was wondering, would a fic about Cyrus be interesting, i mean, he hates life, likes machines and stuff?

Chagen46

Hell Crasher
I have got the most insane idea for a fanfic ever:

Name: A.R

Genre: Parody/Humor

Rating: R

Plot: Poor old Jack is bored out of his life. He's a 14-year-old living in Twinleaf Town where nothing happens and his days are spent boringly doing chores for the other residents, especially his older brother, Evan.

All of that changes, however, when he receives a mysterious package. Inside it is a small watch, with the words, "A.R-Action Replay"."

By some insane stroke of luck, he has received the Action Replay, an awesome device that will allow him to hack life itself. God has entrusted him with it, and it up to him use it correctly.

So, now that he can literally do anything, what does he do with it?

Why, become a Beyond the impossible Heroic Sociopath , of course!

All while killing people with flaming chainsaw-nunchuk-shotguns. Encased in Holy F**kfire.

As such, he quickly the plots the demise of every single living being on the planet, and by god, he's gonna do it. With an army of Ninja Hobos that fight with flaming guitar shurikens.

Soon, however he meets a girl named Kyoko, and it appears she has an A.R as well. They strike up an impromptu friendship and quickly join forces in genociding the entire planet....

Thus begins in insane ride of literal biblical proportions, as Jack and Kyoko go around Sinnoh, doing completely crazy things, such as convincing people they are literal gods, nuking Kanto and Johto, creating ridiculously complicated plans to MURDER F**KING EVERYTHING, and summoning giant robots that use universes for bodies and galaxies for heads. And other stuff, like creating a clan of elf ninjas that ride surfboards, guns that use exploding babies for ammo, and summoning the demons of hell themself. All in a days work.

Did I also mention that they summon giant robots that use universes for bodies and galaxies for heads? Because I need to emphasize that.

....Yeah, don't take this fic very seriously.

Manchee

extra toasty
I was wondering, would a fic about Cyrus be interesting, i mean, he hates life, likes machines and stuff?

Depends on the full idea of it. What exactly were you thinking of doing?

I have got the most insane idea for a fanfic ever:

Name: A.R

Genre: Parody/Humor

Rating: R

Plot: Poor old Jack is bored out of his life. He's a 14-year-old living in Twinleaf Town where nothing happens and his days are spent boringly doing chores for the other residents, especially his older brother, Evan.

All of that changes, however, when he receives a mysterious package. Inside it is a small watch, with the words, "A.R-Action Replay"."

By some insane stroke of luck, he has received the Action Replay, an awesome device that will allow him to hack life itself. God has entrusted him with it, and it up to him use it correctly.

So, now that he can literally do anything, what does he do with it?

Why, become a Beyond the impossible Heroic Sociopath , of course!

All while killing people with flaming chainsaw-nunchuk-shotguns. Encased in Holy F**kfire.

As such, he quickly the plots the demise of every single living being on the planet, and by god, he's gonna do it. With an army of Ninja Hobos that fight with flaming guitar shurikens.

Soon, however he meets a girl named Kyoko, and it appears she has an A.R as well. They strike up an impromptu friendship and quickly join forces in genociding the entire planet....

Thus begins in insane ride of literal biblical proportions, as Jack and Kyoko go around Sinnoh, doing completely crazy things, such as convincing people they are literal gods, nuking Kanto and Johto, creating ridiculously complicated plans to MURDER F**KING EVERYTHING, and summoning giant robots that use universes for bodies and galaxies for heads. And other stuff, like creating a clan of elf ninjas that ride surfboards, guns that use exploding babies for ammo, and summoning the demons of hell themself. All in a days work.

Did I also mention that they summon giant robots that use universes for bodies and galaxies for heads? Because I need to emphasize that.

....Yeah, don't take this fic very seriously.

Muh. If this wasn't a parody I'd say it wouldn't stand much of a change, but because it is in fact meant to be funny, the amount of Sue-ness and random ideas that are strung together aren't too bad. The whole idea sounds okay, but the end result makes most possible ending for this fic to fall flat. They can obviously do whatever they want, but what happens when they've killed everyone except themselves and have also destroyed everything as well?

Chagen46

Hell Crasher
Muh. If this wasn't a parody I'd say it wouldn't stand much of a change, but because it is in fact meant to be funny, the amount of Sue-ness and random ideas that are strung together aren't too bad. The whole idea sounds okay, but the end result makes most possible ending for this fic to fall flat. They can obviously do whatever they want, but what happens when they've killed everyone except themselves and have also destroyed everything as well?

....Well, I hadn't thought about that. I'm thinking about it though.

And come on, this is probably the pokemon fanfic that has this exchange:

Kyoko stared hard at Jack. She was unable to comprehend whether or not to join him on his journey. "Well, you're impressive, but emaciated llamas that have six legs and spit acidic ice cream on their enemies is kinda low key."
"And?" Jack replied. "Is a man not allowed to be efficient?"

Kyoko nodded, and went back to drinking her milkshake made from the damned souls of french cooks. The thought that France didn't exist in their world was as no matter to her.
"Just what are you eating?" Jack asked.
"A milkshake. A milkshake made from the damned souls of French chefs."
"Interesting." Jack produced a book out of thin air. Well, it wasn't a really a book, for the pages were made out of lasers and the words were composed of headless women making godless love to dragons made out of motorcycles, but it was still reading. It was his holy scripture, the scripture that would bring forth inhuman monstrosities. Like a Cthulu made out of gasoline flavored cake.

HE thought about lighting babies on fire. Truly, life was awesome.

......So....yeah....

Manchee

extra toasty
Chagen46 said:
....Well, I hadn't thought about that. I'm thinking about it though.

And come on, this is probably the pokemon fanfic that has this exchange:

Being humorous or not though, there has to be some seriousness in the author when making the plot, because no matter what happens in the story, you should know how you'll start, end, and how you'll get from the one to the other. I'm just recommending that you really make sure you know how almost all of the plot will go.