• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fic ideas V.2

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Basically, the idea is, in this fic...

Shortened just for space's sake. While I have not played Conquest and don't plan on it, this fic sounds interesting. I always thought that stories from those time eras were good to look at. With it being told from five different perspectives you have the chance to show off every side and then some of certain characters, points, etc.

My other big worry is that Yukimura's personality is far too much like the protagonist of my previous Journeymen fics, Cole.

Have you ever written a fic with a different main character? It isn't too hard to distinguish between them. Once you get writing and set their personality they will deviate from each other quite nicely. Try writing up a rough draft and just read it over. Maybe ask some people to look it over as well.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Have you ever written a fic with a different main character? It isn't too hard to distinguish between them. Once you get writing and set their personality they will deviate from each other quite nicely. Try writing up a rough draft and just read it over. Maybe ask some people to look it over as well.

It's not that I haven't written different characters before. I have three novel-length sagas in original fiction (see signature). Three separate and distinct worlds, three separate and distinct protagonists. What I'm worried about are the obvious similarities between Yukimura and Cole. Not only do they have similar mentalities and similar tastes in pokemon, they even look similar. This is an unfortunate coincidence, because Cole came into being in early 2011, long before I knew about Conquest and Yukimura.

I also fear that readers who have read both fics will draw these obvious parallels and say "Oh, you're just writing another Cole fic, but in Ransei." I really don't want to go the AU route, despite Conquest being a pokemon AU. What I really mean is, I don't want to create a Cole AU. Once I really get rolling, I'll probably be able to make key differentiations between the two, but in the early days, those are certainly the hurdles I'll hit.

Becoming

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐
Well, I've got an idea for a fic so I shall post it. It's in a spoiler because A) spoilers are cool and B) I dunno, maybe it's big?

The title for this fic, as it stands, is Legendary. Anyone who’s seen Angel season five will probably know where the basic premise for this story came from (Illyria) but otherwise just ignore that part.

This is a story set in the PMD universe, although I’m completely ignoring the events of the games, so the only similarity really is the concept of a rescue team. However, the rescue team is only really a reason to keep together the main characters; I’m not really sure about the amount of rescuing I want. I just know that’s not my priority.

Right, the actual story: it starts out with a rescue team, as I suppose a PMD fic would. There’s Riolu (M), Flareon (M), Nidoran (F) and Baltoy (?). Riolu and Flareon are very close, they’ve known each other for most of their lives. They were the original members of the team; they wanted to form a team before they found the other two. Riolu is a very kind individual who, for all intents and purposes, is the Mary-Sue everyone loves character (more on that later). Flareon is like an older brother to Riolu, he’s very protective of him. The best way I think I’d describe Flareon would be to call him bossy and kinda closed minded. Right is right, wrong is wrong, he’s kinda a bigot. Nidoran, she’s a kind Pokemon with strong opinions, but she doesn’t (yet) have the confidence that she needs to do things on her own – she kinda relies on the rest of the rescue team. Finally there’s Baltoy, the newest member of the team. He’s an intellectual, he’s somewhat of an introvert and can be distant from the rest of the rescue team at times. But he’s got patience, and is a listener, and despite his distance, he wants to learn about other Pokemon.

But this sounds crappy, in my opinion. Which is why, by the end of the first chapter, Riolu has died a horrible, painful death that has left him hollowed out so the legendary Pokemon Dialga can take over his body. Dialga has been screwed over by Giratina, he was trapped in the Adamant Orb and sent to earth (or the PMD world, whatever). Riolu touched the Adamant Orb and, BAM, within twelve hours he’s dead. Dialga, in Riolu’s body, looks like a normal Riolu except the metal-y things on Riolu’s forearms are now made of diamond. Dialga, of course, still holds his time-manipulation powers, and a level of super strength. Dialga’s plan is to kill the three lake guardians that bind him to his current dimension and then seek bloody revenge on Giratina. Dialga’s only weakness? The Adamant Orb holds his power. Destroy it and he’s powerless. Dialga seeks out the Lake Guardains: basically he uses Riolu’s memories – which he has access to – to seek out an old Pokemon who knows the legend of the lake guardians very well and knows where they’re probably hidden . . . chase ensues, and eventually Baltoy’s Explosion destroys the Adamant Orb, leaving Dialga basically a normal Riolu, albeit a little more powerful and with much knowledge of fighting/battling/killing. Using Riolu’s memories, Dialga seeks out Baltoy to kill him (revenge is big with Dialga) but, as freak circumstances would have it, Baltoy saves Dialga’s life from someone else, who seeks to kill Dialga (I’m not sure who, but hush). Dialga is left wondering why Baltoy would save his life, and after a conversation about Dialga being a complete wastrel Baltoy agrees to help Dialga find his place (you know, as long as he’s good, and doesn’t kill anymore).

From there there’s tension-y tension because Flareon is completely opposed to Dialga joining the rescue team (as Dialga, in his eyes, murdered Riolu in cold blood). Baltoy sees Dialga's perspective and thus shall help him; Nidoran is stuck in the middle, she's a little too timid to stand to either of them (but she'll eventually fall on Dialga's side). A chapter or two later, after some missions, Flareon consults Dusknoir and Flareon finds out there may be a way to bring back Riolu from the dead – his body is still intact, right? Flareon leads Dialga into a trap, they attempt to put Riolu back into his own body with some Dusknoir-ghostly-mystic-stuff . . . but it fails. Riolu is dead, gone, not coming back. However, they managed to restore something. Dialga is in the body of a Riolu, a Pokemon known for aura reading. Whether he likes it or not, Dialga is reading the auras of everyone around him, seeing all the pain and suffering and misfortune in the world. And, over the course of the story, Dialga begins to find his place in the world: on the rescue team (duh).

Oh right, this is significant because Dialga was basically a god. He may not be the god (Arceus) but he’s definitely got the ego of a god. He thinks he can have whatever he wants; he kills without remorse; he’s selfish, he thinks he’s moved passed a state of having emotions; basically he’s a complete [insert swearword].

Oh, and of course Riolu evolve with friendship. So how do you think that’s gonna play out?

Okay just remembered: Riolu is, for all intents and purposes, a Mary-Sue (or Gary-Stu, pronouns, bleh). He's not really there to be a fleshed out character (as he dies in the first chapter) but is there to cause conflict: Dialga killed Riolu, who was Mary-Sue-ishly loved by everyone; Riolu is the best of the best of humanity, well Pokemonity, and as such Dialga sees the good he could do in the world . . . basically Riolu is less of a character and more of an object. That sounds a bit cruel . . . but then again Dialga has access to all of Riolu's memories. Maybe I could flesh out Riolu in a flashback chapter or something . . . I'll see.

Well, that’s all I have for now. Well, I’ve actually got more but that’s all jumbled and not well thought out. So for now, thanks for reading this . . . thoughts, comments, mindless hate-filled bashing? Come at me :p

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
Well, I've got an idea for a fic so I shall post it. It's in a spoiler because A) spoilers are cool and B) I dunno, maybe it's big?

The title for this fic, as it stands, is Legendary. Anyone who’s seen Angel season five will probably know where the basic premise for this story came from (Illyria) but otherwise just ignore that part.

This is a story set in the PMD universe, although I’m completely ignoring the events of the games, so the only similarity really is the concept of a rescue team. However, the rescue team is only really a reason to keep together the main characters; I’m not really sure about the amount of rescuing I want. I just know that’s not my priority.

Right, the actual story: it starts out with a rescue team, as I suppose a PMD fic would. There’s Riolu (M), Flareon (M), Nidoran (F) and Baltoy (?). Riolu and Flareon are very close, they’ve known each other for most of their lives. They were the original members of the team; they wanted to form a team before they found the other two. Riolu is a very kind individual who, for all intents and purposes, is the Mary-Sue everyone loves character (more on that later). Flareon is like an older brother to Riolu, he’s very protective of him. The best way I think I’d describe Flareon would be to call him bossy and kinda closed minded. Right is right, wrong is wrong, he’s kinda a bigot. Nidoran, she’s a kind Pokemon with strong opinions, but she doesn’t (yet) have the confidence that she needs to do things on her own – she kinda relies on the rest of the rescue team. Finally there’s Baltoy, the newest member of the team. He’s an intellectual, he’s somewhat of an introvert and can be distant from the rest of the rescue team at times. But he’s got patience, and is a listener, and despite his distance, he wants to learn about other Pokemon.

But this sounds crappy, in my opinion. Which is why, by the end of the first chapter, Riolu has died a horrible, painful death that has left him hollowed out so the legendary Pokemon Dialga can take over his body. Dialga has been screwed over by Giratina, he was trapped in the Adamant Orb and sent to earth (or the PMD world, whatever). Riolu touched the Adamant Orb and, BAM, within twelve hours he’s dead. Dialga, in Riolu’s body, looks like a normal Riolu except the metal-y things on Riolu’s forearms are now made of diamond. Dialga, of course, still holds his time-manipulation powers, and a level of super strength. Dialga’s plan is to kill the three lake guardians that bind him to his current dimension and then seek bloody revenge on Giratina. Dialga’s only weakness? The Adamant Orb holds his power. Destroy it and he’s powerless. Dialga seeks out the Lake Guardains: basically he uses Riolu’s memories – which he has access to – to seek out an old Pokemon who knows the legend of the lake guardians very well and knows where they’re probably hidden . . . chase ensues, and eventually Baltoy’s Explosion destroys the Adamant Orb, leaving Dialga basically a normal Riolu, albeit a little more powerful and with much knowledge of fighting/battling/killing. Using Riolu’s memories, Dialga seeks out Baltoy to kill him (revenge is big with Dialga) but, as freak circumstances would have it, Baltoy saves Dialga’s life from someone else, who seeks to kill Dialga (I’m not sure who, but hush). Dialga is left wondering why Baltoy would save his life, and after a conversation about Dialga being a complete wastrel Baltoy agrees to help Dialga find his place (you know, as long as he’s good, and doesn’t kill anymore).

From there there’s tension-y tension because Flareon is completely opposed to Dialga joining the rescue team (as Dialga, in his eyes, murdered Riolu in cold blood). Baltoy sees Dialga's perspective and thus shall help him; Nidoran is stuck in the middle, she's a little too timid to stand to either of them (but she'll eventually fall on Dialga's side). A chapter or two later, after some missions, Flareon consults Dusknoir and Flareon finds out there may be a way to bring back Riolu from the dead – his body is still intact, right? Flareon leads Dialga into a trap, they attempt to put Riolu back into his own body with some Dusknoir-ghostly-mystic-stuff . . . but it fails. Riolu is dead, gone, not coming back. However, they managed to restore something. Dialga is in the body of a Riolu, a Pokemon known for aura reading. Whether he likes it or not, Dialga is reading the auras of everyone around him, seeing all the pain and suffering and misfortune in the world. And, over the course of the story, Dialga begins to find his place in the world: on the rescue team (duh).

Oh right, this is significant because Dialga was basically a god. He may not be the god (Arceus) but he’s definitely got the ego of a god. He thinks he can have whatever he wants; he kills without remorse; he’s selfish, he thinks he’s moved passed a state of having emotions; basically he’s a complete [insert swearword].

Oh, and of course Riolu evolve with friendship. So how do you think that’s gonna play out?

Okay just remembered: Riolu is, for all intents and purposes, a Mary-Sue (or Gary-Stu, pronouns, bleh). He's not really there to be a fleshed out character (as he dies in the first chapter) but is there to cause conflict: Dialga killed Riolu, who was Mary-Sue-ishly loved by everyone; Riolu is the best of the best of humanity, well Pokemonity, and as such Dialga sees the good he could do in the world . . . basically Riolu is less of a character and more of an object. That sounds a bit cruel . . . but then again Dialga has access to all of Riolu's memories. Maybe I could flesh out Riolu in a flashback chapter or something . . . I'll see.

Well, that’s all I have for now. Well, I’ve actually got more but that’s all jumbled and not well thought out. So for now, thanks for reading this . . . thoughts, comments, mindless hate-filled bashing? Come at me :p

I think that it's probably a bad idea to approach a character with the intent of making them a Mary Sue, unless it's a satire fic. And I know, Riolu is only there for the first chapter, but there are ways to make him out to be a kindhearted person that everyone likes without making him into a Sue. Just because a character fits those two criteria does not mean they have to be a Sue. If you flesh out their backstory, give them reasons for being the way they are, being remembered for the things they did, then they aren't really a Sue. If you just say "everyone loves this character because reasons," then yes, that's a tip-off for sue-ishness, but it's always something to be avoided.

Flame Mistress

This is a quick idea I had while daydreaming today:

A boy in Unova (let's call him Luke) wakes up one day to find that he has been turned into a Lucario, for some unfathomable reason. He and his sister (let's call her Anna) are pretty irked about this, so they go visit the village quack, who, although he has a reputation for being completely crazy, is quite knowledgable on magic, medicine, and other various bits that may help Luke return to his human self. However, when they arrive at the village quack's house, they find several men in black clothes and masks kidnapping him, though they are too afraid to confront them themselves. Even more irked that their only chance of returning Luke to his original state has been taken away from them, they set out on a journey in search of the village quack. However, as they go on, they begin to unravel some secrets about why Luke was turned into a Lucario, who the men who kidnapped the village quack, and the village quack's past life...

So that's basically the backbone of the story. I think this will basically be in the form of a journey fic, though I'm not sure whether I should have Anna challenge the gyms or not - it seems a bit random for her to do so, really, but otherwise I think the story will be slightly too bland. I've got more inside my head about the identities of the masked men and the village quack, but I haven't actually got everything laid down in an orderly fashion. I do want Luke to be the narrator, though, whether it's in first person or third person.

Deadly.Braviary

What would anyone think of a Mortal Instruments/Pokemon crossover? The plot would involve something like the heroes of the Mortal Instruments chasing down a Greater Demon that escapes through a 'special' Portal. However Palkia does some interdimensional space travel stuff and the demon and the heroes would be stranded in the Pokemon World. Meanwhile, the demon would make a deal with Giratina to use the Griseous Orb (which as it turns out is made of adamas*) in order to create the weapon it was searching for ... and stuff happens.

* Adamas, as anyone who's read the Mortal Instruments knows, is the metal which the weapons of demon hunters (the Nephilim/Shadowhunters) are made of.

Your input?

EDIT: Actually, I've started work on this fic already. I need a name for it though, its working title is "Pokemon + The Mortal Instruments".

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Here is an idea for a HG/SS based fan fic but has more plot.
Blizzard Flames:
Three teens leave Newbark Town on a quest to become the strongest trainers in Johto. One is pure and innocent. One is mean and will do almost anything to get his way. The other is a kind boy who isn't afraid of doing something unless it is against the rules. While on their journey they come across Team Rocket who is plotting to gain control of the legendaries bird so that their leader, Giovanni will return. The trainers must work together to defeat Team Rocket before Johto is destroyed.
They will be collecting badges and those kind of things before Team Rocket starts to be a serious threat.

Flame Mistress

Here is an idea for a HG/SS based fan fic but has more plot.
Blizzard Flames:
Three teens leave Newbark Town on a quest to become the strongest trainers in Johto. One is pure and innocent. One is mean and will do almost anything to get his way. The other is a kind boy who isn't afraid of doing something unless it is against the rules. While on their journey they come across Team Rocket who is plotting to gain control of the legendaries bird so that their leader, Giovanni will return. The trainers must work together to defeat Team Rocket before Johto is destroyed.
They will be collecting badges and those kind of things before Team Rocket starts to be a serious threat.

No offense, but that's basically the storyline of HGSS, only with three protagonists instead of one.

Anyway, I've got two new Fic ideas right now. I'll put them in spoilers so that they're easier to tell apart.

This is a bit AU; the events of BW have occurred, but not B2W2. Cilan has just been demoted from his spot as a Gym Leader due to losing battles too frequently - he takes this very bad, and after a huge row with his brothers, runs outside to be away from them. That day he meets a man who calls himself the Dark Magician, who gives him a strange mask (which I need to come up with a good name for... The Malevolent Mask? The Magician's Mask? The Mask of Miracles? Minora's Mask?), which can grant the wearer powers beyond one's dreams, from levitation to perrification to invincibility... but only on one condition: that the wearer directly kills a person in order to fuel the mask's energy. One person killed will be worth one week of powers, and one can kill several people at once to have several weeks worth of powers. However, once one has accepted this deal, there is no going back; even though the mask only grants the wearer powers when it is worn, and to nobody else either, if it runs out of energy because its wearer doesn't kill enough people, it will turn against its wearer and kill them.

Blinded by anger and revenge, Cilan accepts the offer. Soon killing becomes a regular hobby for him, and he begins to unfold a plan to destroy Unova and it's Pokémon League (under a pseudonym, of course). Before all of this, however, he tells his secret to his good friend, Skyla, who he also has a crush on. Despite his expectations otherwise, Skyla is (unsurprisingly) disgusted, and turns away from him, seeking comfort from Cilan's brother Cress instead. Eventually he finds out that the two have started dating, fueling his hunger for revenge even further.

And of course, everything starts off well, then takes a turn for the worse. But then again, a plan involving terrorizing Nimbasa City, then the rest of Unova, only armored with a mask, was never going to be a good idea.

The Dark Magician will visit Cilan again, congratulating him on his progress. Why he's actually there will never really be revealed, though, until maybe at the end. The police, including Looker, as well as the various Gym Leaders and Elite Fours, will obviously be involved in this. So that's all I have for now, and I'm just looking for ways on how I can elaborate on Cilan's plan and the relationships between the characters, especially Cilan and Skyla's, since Skyla is the only one who knows about the truth, though she doesn't have the guts to tell this to the police.

If you're wondering, this was inspired by a magnificent tumblr post, and the fact that Cilan's JP voice actor (Mamoru Miyano) also voices Light Yagami from Death Note.

Ten years after the events of Pokémon: Best Wishes! (maybe including Season 2 as well), Pokémon Battling is now all about modifying the exact right Pokémon, teaching them the exact right moves, and calculating the battle like a game of chess - Pokémon themselves are considered to be tools, and free ships between them are almost unheard of, even shunned. In addition to this, each person's abilities are judged by the number of wins and losses they have, which can decide whether someone can, say, get a high-income job or not. An organization called the International Pokémon League Association has been set up, which is dedicated to storing the data of each trainer and their Pokémon, as well as their number of wins and losses; they also divide the Pokémon into tiers depending on its stats and movepools, and there are guidelines to which kind of movesets each Pokémon should have, which, though not compulsory, will leave good impressions on you if you do stuck to them. They also manage the supply of RC Boosters, which are the chemicals used to max out a Pokémon's strength. Needless to say, the IPLA controls the Pokémon Battling world, though no one knows who exactly is behind it all. Not even the highest-ranking officials are aware of who the leader exactly is.

Iris is one of the few remaining trainers left who opposes this idea; because of this, she has been demoted from her position as a Gym Leader, but her reputation as a skilled battler still remains, and some parents ask her to tutor their children. One day, after more than six years of no contact from him, Ash visits Iris for once, recruiting her for a resistance group called [insert clever name here], which opposes the current ideal of battles, and hopes to restore the original idea that battles are for fun, trainers are allowed to be free with their decisions, shouldn't be treated as something that serious and calculating, and Pokémon should be treated as friends, not tools. Old faces such as Bianca, Trip, Barry, Dawn, and Brock return; however, some of their old friends, most prominently Cilan, are important officials of the IPLA. Iris eagerly accepts, as a supporter of the resistance's ideals.

However, as time goes on, Iris finds that Ash is willing to use some questionably unethical methods to deliver his opinions and restore the old ways of battling, and Cilan, who she regains contact with, keeps on trying to convince her out of her ideals. However, for the sake of the future of Pokémon Battling, she wants to carry on, despite her growing feelings for him. But she thinks this may be the last straw, when Ash reveals that he is planning a terror attack on the IPLA Headquarters...

I think I've got the basic outline of the plot - I just need to know if this would be a successful fanfic, and if this has been done many times already. Some ideas for names would be helpful, too. Yes, there will be some shipping in it, but it's hardly the main focus.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Not exactly a storyline, but a general idea--Conquest as Valhalla-esque afterlife. It's the modern era, as evidented by the computers and airships and such, but those things have been brought by the newer arrivals, and the ancient warlords who rule Ransei continue their battles from their lifetimes, for all eternity.

Of course, there's also the theory postulated that it's just plain the modern era and Ransei has greater ties to its past than other regions.

CuriousHeartless

Here's an idea I've already started on actually, but want to see if there is interest before I put more time into this before fixing up my other fics.

Moving (Working Name)
Pokemon
Adventure
Rated T

A powerful enemy arises. One that can drive even the great Arceus into hiding and jump through universes. It has been conquering universes throughout the Pokemon multiverse. Arceus, who had been driven into a deep slumber from his last fight with the enemy, finally awakens to find that he has lost most of the universes to it, leaving him weak. Unable to take on the enemy himself, he summons eight heroes from various universes still in his universe. The first is Sean, a cold boy with a hatred towards Arceus, but also a powerful hero and champion from the Sapphire Universe. The second one was Terra, a peppy young girl who Sean mistakes for his friend May, a trainer and aspiring champion from the Ruby Universe. Joey, a young boy who only has a single Raticate as his Pokemon, was the third hero to arrive from the Heart Gold Universe and someone no one would think could be a hero. From the Mystery Dungeon Red Universe, the famous explorer that all explorers hope to be like, Vicious the Lucario. Hailing from the far past of the Black 2 Universe, a Mamoswine from the God's Chasm who serves as herald and servant to Kyurem. Two gym leaders from the region of Kanto, coming from different universes and times but familiar with their universe's version of the other, join them as the sixth and seventh heroes: the Typeless Powerhouse Blue Oak, and the Rock Solid Pokemon Trainer Brock. Rounding off the team is Echidna, a Quilava who used to be a human from the Mystery Dungeon Time Universe.

The Universes are a bit weird. In the Red Universe, all Pokemon and moves from every generation exists, but not until future generation's universes are created and then they retroactively appear there. In the Black Universe, the rebuilt Team Plasma was taken down by the Police with N's Team's help and Nate and Rosa just had normal journeys. In the Black 2 Universe, things developed differently and Nate and Rosa's help was needed. Things also can develop differently between counterpart universes. Obviously, the events that set Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum away from the others in their generation never happened in the other two. The gender of the hero also switches between universes (Sean was from Sapphire, Terra was from Ruby for example). They will be sent to different universes with the help of a recovering Arceus to either stop an attack from the enemy's troops, or to recover the universe for Arceus.

There are different kinds of universes. Those based off of already existing Pokemon material (Like all of the main heroes' home universes); theoretical ones which are not based off of Pokemon media but is derived from the series (An original universe, pretty much); borderline dimensions which sit on borders of the multiverse touching other multiverses and creating a partial cross-over, like a planned one which is more or less Power Rangers with Pokemon but isn't based off of any specific Power Rangers franchise or anything; and cross-over universes. Cross-Over Universes are not natural and signify a strong energy source tearing open the edges of two adjacent universes and letting them meld together, thing become retroactive here and act like the two were always crossed until they separate and return to the way they were before the fusion.

Arceus is also, obviously, powerful and has an influence in many universes. He has agents in many, including the previously mentioned Pokemon Power Rangers, and they will either have side chapters for their work, or meet and team up with the main eight.

dash142

Beginning Trainer
Guess I'll post the first idea for 2013...

Battle Island? Like Duelist Kingdom, but trainers start off with one starter Pokémon (not necessarily the starter Pokemon but a baby or basic Pokémon. There is almost every type of terrain on the island, and almost every type of Pokémon. Contestants get safari type balls but can battle the wild Pokémon and there are small villages placed around the land with Pokémon centers and you can buy healing items. It is owned and orchestrated by some eccentric millionaire. Start with 2 chips, need 30 to be in play offs? The prize is cash, and of course the title, you may only catch six Pokémon but you get to keep them all. There would be one or two main characters but I would also shift perspective so some of the other contestants in certain chapters as well, so when the play offs happen it won't be a bunch of random people but you will actually know them all and they would have their own motivations for the title or prize.

CuriousHeartless

Well here's another idea I've been working on for a week or two.

Persona Survivor 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 (Persona influence)
Action
Rated T (Language, violence, death, gore, dirty humor, mild mind screw)

Nicaea, a mysterious website which offers the death clips feature. They also have a second, secret funtion: the ability to allows those who sign-up to awaken their inner power. This inner power takes the form of a persona which resembles a god, demon, creature, or figure from human mythologies all across the world. Akio Nakamoto, an eighteen year old Japanese high schooler, discovers this secret use when him, his best friend Daichi Shijima, and the most popular girl in school Io Nitta are forced to use the program to survive a train crash.

They are pulled into an expanding conflict between JP's, a government organisation even more secretive than Nicaea, rebels, mysterious creatures called the Septentroines, and demons that have escaped into the human world. Will they ever be able to restore the world to the way it was, will they die, or maybe will they change the world permanently? Spoilers for Devil Survivor 2.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Guess I'll post the first idea for 2013...

Battle Island? Like Duelist Kingdom, but trainers start off with one starter Pokémon (not necessarily the starter Pokemon but a baby or basic Pokémon. There is almost every type of terrain on the island, and almost every type of Pokémon. Contestants get safari type balls but can battle the wild Pokémon and there are small villages placed around the land with Pokémon centers and you can buy healing items. It is owned and orchestrated by some eccentric millionaire. Start with 2 chips, need 30 to be in play offs? The prize is cash, and of course the title, you may only catch six Pokémon but you get to keep them all. There would be one or two main characters but I would also shift perspective so some of the other contestants in certain chapters as well, so when the play offs happen it won't be a bunch of random people but you will actually know them all and they would have their own motivations for the title or prize.

Sounds interesting, but I think 30 starchips is a bit much.

What it needs is a conflict. Okay, island, battling, playoffs. All well and good, but where is the conflict? Like in the pokemon games there is Team Rocket/Plasma/Galactic/etc. And, since we're comparing it to the Yugioh, there is Pegasus having kidnapped Grandpa's soul and Bakura being possessed by the Millenium Ring, and Pegasus' quest to take the Millenium Objects to revive his dead wife and Kaiba trying to save his company. So there was a lot going on besides just a bunch of battles.

dash142

Beginning Trainer
Sounds interesting, but I think 30 starchips is a bit much.

What it needs is a conflict. Okay, island, battling, playoffs. All well and good, but where is the conflict? Like in the pokemon games there is Team Rocket/Plasma/Galactic/etc. And, since we're comparing it to the Yugioh, there is Pegasus having kidnapped Grandpa's soul and Bakura being possessed by the Millenium Ring, and Pegasus' quest to take the Millenium Objects to revive his dead wife and Kaiba trying to save his company. So there was a lot going on besides just a bunch of battles.

Yeah I guess 30 is too many probably. I think it was 10? in yugioh?
And yeah I wasn't sure if that would be enough or I needed more of a conflict. I guess I will try to figure out a conflict to add that would make sense.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Yeah I guess 30 is too many probably. I think it was 10? in yugioh?
And yeah I wasn't sure if that would be enough or I needed more of a conflict. I guess I will try to figure out a conflict to add that would make sense.

At least one, yeah. Really, every relevant character should have a substantial backstory. Some, obviously, are just there to win and beat the competition, but the characters the readers need to connect with need to be more three-dimensional. Who ARE they? Why are they there? What do they want? What do they fear? What do they have to overcome?

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
hmm...okay so, I've come up with this Fic idea that I find interesting. I'm not inclined to say to much (just because I don't feel like it.)... But this is the summary and the Title.

Title: The Endless Dawn.

"Over the years, Dawn has competed in many different competitions. Yet there is this one person who won’t let her win in anything. Frustration and annoyance begin to build as the next competition closes in…Will Dawn be able to best this boy?"

I used Dawn because her anime personality actually fits extremely well with the concept of the story. That and I want to do a fic with her even if she's not the exact same Dawn we know.

The theme of the story is going to be Acceptance of criticism, what is it and where can the line be drawn or not drawn?

I'd kind of like to know what people think of it from this little information...

Though to be honest, looking at the story, professional advice would be nicely welcomed. I don't want to do this wrongly, and to get different perspectives on criticism and the story's take on it would be something that would be extremely helpful. I just don't want to say to much stuff out loud because there's a lot of spoilers just because I can't explain much ._. So I wouldnt mind PM help or something in which i can actually explain it...

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
hmm...okay so, I've come up with this Fic idea that I find interesting. I'm not inclined to say to much (just because I don't feel like it.)... But this is the summary and the Title.

Title: The Endless Dawn.

"Over the years, Dawn has competed in many different competitions. Yet there is this one person who won’t let her win in anything. Frustration and annoyance begin to build as the next competition closes in…Will Dawn be able to best this boy?"

I used Dawn because her anime personality actually fits extremely well with the concept of the story. That and I want to do a fic with her even if she's not the exact same Dawn we know.

The theme of the story is going to be Acceptance of criticism, what is it and where can the line be drawn or not drawn?

I'd kind of like to know what people think of it from this little information...

While it's an interesting theme to explore (because God knows some of us need to see that message), I don't think Dawn would be a good match for this. The reason why is because she's already learned how to accept criticism. In fact, that was one of the bigger turning points of her character. Remember how she had that breakdown early in the DP seasons over the fact that she just couldn't win a ribbon? The fact that she got over that and accepted that she's not always going to win, that she's not always going to be perfect, and that things aren't always going to go smoothly for her was basically one of the major highlights to her character growth. After that, she began taking steps to change into the Dawn we all came to know, at the risk of putting it dramatically.

So while acceptance of criticism is an interesting theme and while I can't argue with having more Dawn fic in this forum, I think that having her in this sort of story ignores one of the biggest parts of her character. I would suggest, then, either finding a canon character who has yet to learn this lesson or using an original character. It'll be a lot easier for your readers to accept your story (no pun intended) that way because you'd avoid the problem of ignoring one of the first things Dawn learned.

(Also, one of the other reasons why I'm uncomfortable with this is because Dawn learned a lot of this lesson thanks to Zoey, and ignoring that lesson in favor of forcing Dawn to relearn it thanks to a guy really doesn't sit well for me for a whole list of reasons.)

That all aside, there's just one other thing I want to say about this idea.

That and I want to do a fic with her even if she's not the exact same Dawn we know.

I really, really hope you're not implying that you'd intentionally write canon characters OOC.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
While it's an interesting theme to explore (because God knows some of us need to see that message), I don't think Dawn would be a good match for this. The reason why is because she's already learned how to accept criticism. In fact, that was one of the bigger turning points of her character. Remember how she had that breakdown early in the DP seasons over the fact that she just couldn't win a ribbon? The fact that she got over that and accepted that she's not always going to win, that she's not always going to be perfect, and that things aren't always going to go smoothly for her was basically one of the major highlights to her character growth. After that, she began taking steps to change into the Dawn we all came to know, at the risk of putting it dramatically.

So while acceptance of criticism is an interesting theme and while I can't argue with having more Dawn fic in this forum, I think that having her in this sort of story ignores one of the biggest parts of her character. I would suggest, then, either finding a canon character who has yet to learn this lesson or using an original character. It'll be a lot easier for your readers to accept your story (no pun intended) that way because you'd avoid the problem of ignoring one of the first things Dawn learned.

(Also, one of the other reasons why I'm uncomfortable with this is because Dawn learned a lot of this lesson thanks to Zoey, and ignoring that lesson in favor of forcing Dawn to relearn it thanks to a guy really doesn't sit well for me for a whole list of reasons.)

That all aside, there's just one other thing I want to say about this idea.

I really, really hope you're not implying that you'd intentionally write canon characters OOC.
Ah okay. I think I will make an OC then. Its just that it feels like such a copy and paste if I don't use her...

What I mean by even though she's not the exact same Dawn we know...is...It was sort of like an AU, but not really. Its using Dawn's anime personality (like she's very similar to her. Basically identical.) Yet it isn't using the anime's storyline. Its technically my own storyline using a character that everybody knows. I feel like, if I create an OC for the story, which is very much a fine possibility, I'm just going to end up using an similar version to Dawn anyway. Which won't draw half the people in that it would with Dawn...That and I have a bias for Dawn, I love her so (despite the fact this story might destroy her temporarily...XD; )
Its really just me wanting to use an already made character to catch people's attention. :/...I understand that's not really the best way to go about it, but somehow I feel like it would work.

Oh and the title. I'd have to change the title...XD The Endless Dawn worked so well ;-;...xD

Oh and then there's the fact that the boy is very similar to Paul in some ways. It almost feels like an Ikarishipping fic, but its not supposed to be at all. XDD;;;...

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
^ I know you'd say no but how about using her game counterpart?
I could. And to be frank, that's basically what I was planning to do if you think about it. The problem is that I need a peppy girl (I guess boy would do to...but...lol) to be the main character still. So it basically feels like anime Dawn so much I feel like calling her anime Dawn, even if I'm not using her story.