• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fic ideas V.2

Colt45

Cobalt
That definitely sounds like an idea you can work with. I wouldn't worry about it being "too dark" or "too violent"; it doesn't line up with the type of story usually seen in canon, no, but fic authors have been writing pretty heavy stuff set in the Pokémon world for a long time. In fact, if that's something you feel you might have trouble with, you can find such an author whose fic you enjoy and ask them for tips on conveying that tone while still keeping relatively true to the core of the series. As for whether it's a good idea to start off with, well, if you're comfortable writing this type of thing then go for it! This is fanfiction, so as long as you're not posting something that's blatantly against the rules of the forum it should be about whatever you want it to be about.

One question, out of curiosity: any particular reason you want to mention at least one of every pokémon in existence?
Thanks for the input! Also, I'd like to mention every pokemon in existence for two reasons: 1. It's just a nice little challenge to do for myself that will be fun to complete, and 2. I just want to give everyone a good idea of how far certain pokemon have survived and stuff. Also, when I said one, I meant only one not at least one, because I plan to have only one of each pokemon exactly. It's really kind of hard to explain why I'm doing this, I guess I just feel it's necessary because I want each pokemon to have it's own character.

I don't feel like I'm doing a great job explaining this, here's what I mean: In the games, aside from shinies and occasional gender differences, each pokemon really looks exactly the same. In most zombie shows and movies and stuff, the main character are human, and humans don't all look the same, making it very easy to differentiate each human from another. Pokemon on the other hand, due to their identical appearances, would be very hard to differentiate, thus making them seem too similar. In fact, I'm debating whether or not to include evolutions at all either, presenting each evolutionary family as an actual family, for example: Electivire would be the dad, Electabuzz would be the mom, and Elekid would be the son.

Wow, I'm sorry, I just really illogically rambled on there didn't I, my aplogies, it's really late in the morning where I am. :D

VioiV

I Am Zora!
Well im sure there was one on this forum called Guts & Gore which was about a pokemon zombie apocalypse, and that was pretty good. Go ahead and try it!

Kiyuni

Prince of Heart
This is a crosspost, but I haven't gotten any feedback on this idea and I want to know what everyone thinks about it.

Well, it's me again, the person who starts projects but never finishes them. And yes, I'm thinking of starting another project.

I've decided to call it Fiore 2.0, and it's set a few years after the events of Pokemon Ranger. The idyllic Poke-paradise has fallen apart, and Pokemon have started attacking and killing humans, since most of Fiore is untouched nature, the Pokemon are more "wild". Many people have fled, even most of the rangers. The only ones still there are the rangers in Fall City, Fiore's largest and only city.

To make matters worse, the Go-Rock Quads decided their superstar status was getting boring and decide that while Fiore's weak, they'll take over.

And so it falls to the completely mismatched group of Fall City Rangers to save the region.

Then, just because everything wasn't confusing enough, the alternate universe versions of the rangers who are part of Team Dim Sun appear in their universe. (I can't tell if Palkia or Giratina would have the powers to send them there).

This will be a comedy, as it really won't take itself seriously. For one thing, one of the characters was raised by Mudkips, her AU version was raised by Tepigs, and three of the AU characters are a background character from Wreck-It Ralph and two Vocaloids.

With how much Fiore has changed, I think this would be more of a black comedy... what do you guys think?

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
This is a crosspost, but I haven't gotten any feedback on this idea and I want to know what everyone thinks about it.

Well, it's me again, the person who starts projects but never finishes them. And yes, I'm thinking of starting another project.

I've decided to call it Fiore 2.0, and it's set a few years after the events of Pokemon Ranger. The idyllic Poke-paradise has fallen apart, and Pokemon have started attacking and killing humans, since most of Fiore is untouched nature, the Pokemon are more "wild". Many people have fled, even most of the rangers. The only ones still there are the rangers in Fall City, Fiore's largest and only city.

To make matters worse, the Go-Rock Quads decided their superstar status was getting boring and decide that while Fiore's weak, they'll take over.

And so it falls to the completely mismatched group of Fall City Rangers to save the region.

Then, just because everything wasn't confusing enough, the alternate universe versions of the rangers who are part of Team Dim Sun appear in their universe. (I can't tell if Palkia or Giratina would have the powers to send them there).

This will be a comedy, as it really won't take itself seriously. For one thing, one of the characters was raised by Mudkips, her AU version was raised by Tepigs, and three of the AU characters are a background character from Wreck-It Ralph and two Vocaloids.

With how much Fiore has changed, I think this would be more of a black comedy... what do you guys think?

Wow, I thought I was the only one who ever remembered the first Ranger game! But your idea sounds great, and I like the comedic twist. That would be very interesting to read.

Also, I would honesty think that either Dialga or Palkia would send the AU Rangers back, depending on what you mean. If they would be sending them back in time, then definitely Dialga, but if they are in the same time period, and just sent to, if you will, another "world" (for lack of a better world), then probably Palkia. The only way I think you could effectively use Giratina would be to have them living in some dystopian world that is directly connected to Fiore, but any of them would be interesting.

Kiyuni

Prince of Heart
Also, I would honesty think that either Dialga or Palkia would send the AU Rangers back, depending on what you mean. If they would be sending them back in time, then definitely Dialga, but if they are in the same time period, and just sent to, if you will, another "world" (for lack of a better world), then probably Palkia. The only way I think you could effectively use Giratina would be to have them living in some dystopian world that is directly connected to Fiore, but any of them would be interesting.

The Team Dim Sun versions are literally from another universe, so I guess that falls under Palkia's realm. The only reason I thought about Giratina was some old speculation (or maybe it wasn't speculation?) that if Dialga has time and Palkia has space, Giratina rules dimensions. Of course, an AU isn't a dimension.

The AU Rangers are mostly for comedic purposes, the only member I didn't explain in my previous post is a parody of the Sinis Trio/Go-Rock Quads. Needless to say, she has a Guitaremo. (after those 'remo pokémon controlling devices)

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Lately, I don't really know much on how I may represent the Prologue of a PMD story I'm going to write.

It is a genre combing PMD and Rebirth stories.

As of now, the title is "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Forgotten Life

Now I ain't that certain as how I could describe a baby's view inside its mother's womb. you see, the human I wanted to create was a human who wishes to become a pokemon for he is tired of his cruel human life. He wants to have a new life with ALL OF HIS HUMAN MEMORIES DELETD (tvtropes call this scenario as "Laser Guided Amnesia). Instead of dying in hell, he will be reborn as a pokemon baby.

Yes I know its kinda rated M in a fetish sense. But it is a debate for me whether I want the child hatching from the egg or growing inside a mother pokemon's womb. Hooray for science.

Last edited:

Flame Mistress

I got an idea from an anime I'm watching right now - Pokémon meets Time Travel.

The basic idea is that Rosa (or an OC, since I can't really imagine Rosa's personality) was the apprentice of Hilda, the Champion of Unova, before Team Plasma invaded the region and then eventually the world, forced everyone to release their Pokémon, and started to monitor everyone's daily lives. Though Hilda tried to intervene, she fell in love with N, and purposely lost the decisive battle for his sake, then went willingly with them. Rosa/OC, however, is still in denial of this fact, and wants revenge on Team Plasma for destroy her mentor's life by "seducing and kidnapping her", as she calls it. One day, Celebi visits her, telling her that the only way to defeat Team Plasma is to gather the six most powerful Pokémon in history, and of course, this is achieved by time travelling.

Rosa/OC and Celebi will have to travel to six different time periods, most of which will be loosely connected with the history of the real world, and they'll have to overcome numerous difficulties, such as actually persuading it or its owner to let them follow Rosa/OC, and not looking like an alien to the locals. Celebi also gives Rosa/OC a Capture Styler, the same variety that Rangers used to use in order to temporarily take command of Wild Pokémon, so that Rosa/OC has some form of protection at all times. She may also aid famous and powerful people of the past with these Pokémon. Inevitably, by interacting with the powerful Pokémon, they will be messing up the timeline, and some problems will rise later on. Dialga may or may not be infuriated by this.

And then there's the fact that Team Plasma isn't what they really seem to be. But that's spoilers, and I'll be saving that for when people are actually interested in me writing the story.

So yeah, it's pretty much a crazy take on the typical Pokémon Journey genre, I guess, with some extra Ranger elements added (which is a problem because I have never played a Ranger game before OTL). I'm thinking about additional stuff such as Celebi actually being from the future who knows what the future with Team Plasma is like, and the Capture Styler doubling as an all-round cool future machine with special abilities such as instantly changing clothes, creating holograms, and teleportation, though maybe that's too overpowered.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
I got an idea from an anime I'm watching right now - Pokémon meets Time Travel.

The basic idea is that Rosa (or an OC, since I can't really imagine Rosa's personality) was the apprentice of Hilda, the Champion of Unova, before Team Plasma invaded the region and then eventually the world, forced everyone to release their Pokémon, and started to monitor everyone's daily lives. Though Hilda tried to intervene, she fell in love with N, and purposely lost the decisive battle for his sake, then went willingly with them. Rosa/OC, however, is still in denial of this fact, and wants revenge on Team Plasma for destroy her mentor's life by "seducing and kidnapping her", as she calls it. One day, Celebi visits her, telling her that the only way to defeat Team Plasma is to gather the six most powerful Pokémon in history, and of course, this is achieved by time travelling.

Rosa/OC and Celebi will have to travel to six different time periods, most of which will be loosely connected with the history of the real world, and they'll have to overcome numerous difficulties, such as actually persuading it or its owner to let them follow Rosa/OC, and not looking like an alien to the locals. Celebi also gives Rosa/OC a Capture Styler, the same variety that Rangers used to use in order to temporarily take command of Wild Pokémon, so that Rosa/OC has some form of protection at all times. She may also aid famous and powerful people of the past with these Pokémon. Inevitably, by interacting with the powerful Pokémon, they will be messing up the timeline, and some problems will rise later on. Dialga may or may not be infuriated by this.

And then there's the fact that Team Plasma isn't what they really seem to be. But that's spoilers, and I'll be saving that for when people are actually interested in me writing the story.

So yeah, it's pretty much a crazy take on the typical Pokémon Journey genre, I guess, with some extra Ranger elements added (which is a problem because I have never played a Ranger game before OTL). I'm thinking about additional stuff such as Celebi actually being from the future who knows what the future with Team Plasma is like, and the Capture Styler doubling as an all-round cool future machine with special abilities such as instantly changing clothes, creating holograms, and teleportation, though maybe that's too overpowered.

You are reminding me of Professor layton and the unwounded Future

deh74

Seine Majestät
I have an idea for a fic and I just want to know what people think of it. It is set in the kanto region. The main character is doing the whole stereotypical become a Pokemon master thing and trying to find his dad who he never knew, the second main character is Blaines grandson and is training to replace him as the cinnabar gym leader and may or may not be a recovering drug addict (haven't decided about that yet though), and the third is a rich girl who wants to be a breeder and has an interest in contests. They are all 16.any opinions on this idea?

deh74

Seine Majestät
I have an idea for a fic and I just want to know what people think of it. It is set in the kanto region. The main character is doing the whole stereotypical become a Pokemon master thing and trying to find his dad who he never knew, the second main character is Blaines grandson and is training to replace him as the cinnabar gym leader and may or may not be a recovering drug addict (haven't decided about that yet though), and the third is a rich girl who wants to be a breeder and has an interest in contests. They are all 16.any opinions on this idea?

Pyroli

Banned
I'm working on a BBC Sherlock fic at the moment; the overall plot is rather complex and rather bumpy considering I haven't quite worked it all out yet.
The overall plot is that John comes come one night, finding the flat empty and desolate. He doesn't think anything of it at first, thinking maybe Sherlock just stormed out on a case and didn't notify him due to the fact he was busy. John decides to wait it out, going to bed for the night and expecting to find Sherlock in his usual position when he woke up. However, the next morning when he awakens; there's still no sign of Sherlock. John becomes slightly worried, walking towards Sherlock's bedroom, only to find the door locked. This makes him panic slightly, he busts open the door and finds a note from Moriarty that pretty much says 'Hey I kidnapped Sherlock, come have fun too!' which causes John to go on a wild goose chase throughout London looking for Sherlock.

Basically; the story would focus on John for two to three chapters before switching the the captive Sherlock's POV for a chapter. he rating will probably be M.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Meh, gonna put an idea up:

Title: Iris, the Dragon Prodigy
Summary: Iris lives happily in the Dragon Village when she was young. However, when the last of her family, that being her mother, dies for some unknown reason, young Iris is left alone in the world, to be sent to the orphanage. Another group, one who hates Iris's family, plans to get rid of the member of Iris's family by killing her. The plan was made, but a sudden change caused disruption in their plans. A mysterious man, who called himself Drayden, had came and adopted Iris and brought him to Unova. Little did Drayden know, that the girl who he took under his wings is far more dangerous and wanted than he expected. In a clash of black and white, Iris learns of her family history and gets a chance to avenge her dead parents, as well as meet some of her unknown ties.

--

This is going to be a background story of Iris, game-Iris. She is actually a descendant of the 'Ideal' family, Reshiram, while she is in danger as the 'Truth' family, Zekrom, tries to kill her. Iris's entire family is killed, but she later knows that she is somehow related to N. In the end, Iris pleads Reshiram to wipe her memories clean as she had caused many death and miseries, which Reshiram agreed.

I'm wondering if the climax is anti-climatic or if the idea clashes with any game content. Thanks.

deh74

Seine Majestät
Merr I had an idea, its been following me around all weekend so I might just sit down and try my hand at writing it.please reply of you think is a cool concept and would be willing to help proofread.

It has no title yet.

It was a bad time to be a hoennian, 2 rival gangs had gone to war with rather over their visions of an ideal world, one group wanted to flood all of the worlds landmasswhile the other wanted to be rid of the oceans for good. One thing they had in common was their desire to awaken one of hoenns two legendary Pokemon, kyogre and groudon respectively. In order to achieve this goal they staged a coup against the government, the queen had been forced top flee to the johto region, the elite five and champion had been scattered to the winds and the gym leaders were either in exile or hostages. There ate few bulwarks keeping the groups, magma and aqua, from awakening their respective legends and claiming power over all of hoenn, one of these bulwarks is the resistance based out of the evergrande city who fight on behalf of the freedom living people and Pokemon of the hoenn region, led by the firmer champion Steven the resistance may soon be a force to reckon with and may change the tide of the recent events.

But it was still a bad time to be a hoennian...

Greatemboar

The White Warrior
I have just had an idea from watching movie 09. Here it is:

Title: Pokemon Ranger and the temple of magma

Plot: Set in Unova a pokemon ranger and his partner Chimchar infiltrate a gang who possess a Victini egg so that they can find the temple of magma. Meanwhile a pokemon trainer is traveling with his friends and encounter a small traveling group who are descendant's of the people of fire. Thats as far as I got for the plot

If anyone likes this idea and would like me to write it after I finish at least one of my current fanfics.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
^ About that, can I just ask, what are you going to do differently from the Manaphy movie? Because, as far as I can see, the fanfic's just the exact same plot (a legendary Pokemon egg is found and needed to go to a temple, a ranger is involved) as the Manaphy film, just that all the water related things are replaced with fire related things. Are there any huge differences in terms of storyline and characters that make this fanfic different enough from the film to make readers interested?

Firebrand

Indomitable
In a little while, I'm going to write up a fic of a Nuzlocke run I did on Diamond, told from the perspective of the daughter of my previous protagonist, Cole. All right, that's all well and good, journey fic with a novice trainer, darker tone because of Nuzlocking, etc. I'm not planning on a big readership or whatever, just a writing project to work on while I sort out some ideas for original fiction and keep my skills sharp.

Anyway, the biggest problem I've hit is because I want the character, Miranda, to be the daughter of Cole, I've got to change some thing around. While it wasn't in previous fics explicitly, it is said that Cole had a hand in defeating Team Galactic and Cyrus's disappearance. Cole's story takes places around the same time as the games, so he was involved in a lot of the activities then. The plot of his story revolved mostly around a series of events and wars that had a lasting impact upon the world. In the interim, he's retired and stricter regulations have been placed on training (how I'm introducing the one capture per route rule). I thought the best way to explain the lack of change to the gym leaders and such in the region is that no one wants to step up and take their place, the wars having created a "lost generation" of trainers who have either given up training completely, died in the fighting or continue to train but keep out of larger business like politics and the league council.

And I think I can spin that to make it work. The real issue I think I'm going to have is Team Galactic. It's stated on a couple occasions in my old fic that Team Galactic was stopped, disbanded, etc. and that Cyrus had vanished at Spear Pillar. I had thought to do it that he was dragged beyond time and space, only to find his way back so many years later, disfigured and with large portions of his memory missing. What he does remember is that somehow, Cole wronged him, but he doesn't know quite how. He hasn't aged much, because he thinks he has only been gone about a year, only to find that about 25 have passed. Since then, Team Galactic under Saturn's reign has become GalactiCorp, a completely legal and entirely successful corporate enterprise (like Silph and Devon). What I may do is instead of having Team Galactic rise again, Cyrus (under an alias) forms a new team and proceeds with a similar M.O., because he doesn't remember that he failed last time. Eventually, one of his new admins fills him in on his past and how the plans before failed, and the part of the narrative that involves infiltrating the Galactic Building occurs because Cyrus has taken it over and is holding the employees hostage so that he can steal the equipment he used before.

So, tl;dr, would having Cyrus return like that and found a new criminal organization work in the story?

Game-verse Fiction Idea!: This is something I'll be thinking about while I work on a different, non-Pokemon related piece of work.

A channeler-turned-mercenary, Grajakal, (town of origin being Ecruteak) sees the landscape of the world changing; he sees he plots being enacted by Teams Aqua, Magma, Galactic, Plasma, and sees a future of nothing but war if the Teams are not stopped. They would become their own Superpowers. Thus the mercenary decides to join Team Rocket; they are unburdened by the morals upheld by the leaders of the other Teams. The other Teams pretend to adhere to a moral code to justify their desire to awaken and control exceedingly powerful Pokemon.

The mercenary Grajakal joins Team Rocket and decides to work with them creating "dark pokemon." These "dark pokemon" would be similar to those from the Team Rocket expansion set (WOTC Tcg) with "Dark" in the Pokemon's name. The mercenary intends to use his training as a channeler to allow his pokemon to control the "Dark" nature implanted in them by Team Rocket. I haven't quite figured out just what makes Pokemon "Dark." I think that "Dark" will be a reference to the earliest pokemon. Before humans began forming relationships with them and using Pokeballs, Pokemon were wild and primal. Since the first Pokeballs were able to curb these wild, primal, elemental tendencies. Thus when these first captured Pokemon were bred, humans began breeding the wild, primal, elemental tendencies out of them.

In the present of my fiction, not even wild Pokemon exhibit the level of ferocity and viciousness of "Dark" pokemon. Given that the viciousness characteristic of "Dark" pokemon harkens back to their origins, I'd say Team Rocket uses some kind of genetic manipulation to switch on the alleles that instill those survival mechanisms in the Pokemon.

While Grajakal is driven to work his way into the upper echelons of Team Rocket. The mercenary-protagonist hopes to use his influence to sent Rocket agents to the other regions--Hoenn, Sinnoh and distant Unova--in order to interfere with the plans of the other Teams and improve the science behind awakening those primal genes within pokemon that turn them into what the media dub "Dark" pokemon. The mercenary-protagonist's plans unwittingly reawaken the entity Missingno.

Missingno is a pokemon compose of raw elemental essence with an Id, Ego, and Superego. The glitch pokemon it creates will manifest as Id-driven mutations. Missingno wants to return the world to a state of unformed matter from which it can create a new world. The mercenary-protagonist returns to Ecruteak to learn as much as possible about Missingno. He still wants to try to use Missingno as a glass-canon against Team Plasma.

Meanwhile Channelers throught the Pokemon World are called to deal more hostile encounters between Ghost-type Pokemon and humans. One of the Channelers, Jannik, decides to look into academic literature concerning Ghost-types. Many Channelers discount the studies on Ghost-types published by Morty, Agatha, and other well-known Ghost-type trainers; these Channelers believe that these one-time Channelers used the art of Channeling for their own gains. Jannik learns that Ghost-types are dimensional librarians; they catalogue the events in the world they witness before the world's ending and remaking.

Jannik's travels range from Mt. Pyre, to the Old Chateau, to any haunted regions in Unova (haven't played B2/W2 yet; need to for research). Jannik sees the results of Grajakal's war against the other Teams. It appalls her until she's captured by one of the Teams durin her travels.

Grajakal meanwhile is working at exploring the connection between the "Dark" pokemon and Missingno while overseeing his clandestine war against the Teams. Missingno is an entity that feeds off the elemental essence imbued within pokemon from the point of their creation. This elemental essence grants them their typings, abilities, and attacks. Grajakal comes upon the aftermath of a battle. It shocks Grajakal; his war agains the Teams never involved anything as openly destructive as this. Some of the Rocket's scientists are among the casualties. The culprits are a rogue band of Channelers who believe that the Pokemon League are working with Team Rocket to kill them and take their children away for scientific study.

Grajakal has further encounters with this rogue band of Channelers, and meets up with Janik during one encounter withthe rogue Channelers. Grajakal and Janik discover that the Ghost Marowak is controlling the leader of the rogue Channelers. The mother Marowak wants to distract Grajakal from finding a way to use Missingno because when Missingno reverts the world to unformed matter, she will get to be with her baby that was killed by Team Rocket. The mother Marowak takes vicious glee in destroying families via the rogue Channelers in her crusade against Team Rocket.

Grajakal and Janik learn that Missingno is drawn to the alleles in the "Dark" pokemon that augment their attacks and temperament. Thus Grajakal and Janik devise a plan to unload the strongest of their "Dark" pokemon en-masse in Unova, at Team Plasma's Head Quarters. Grajakal and Janik decide to use the submarines Team Rocket has captured from Team Aqua as well as the ships the Team owns at Slateport. Glitch Pokemon serving Missingno attack the ships and submarine, destroying the fleet and the sub.

Grajakal and Janik are forced to flee the Glitch Pokemon; they use the Glitch Pokemon to shake off the Rockets Giovanni sent to bring in Grajakal (as he is getting suspicious of Grajakal's hand in the current events). Janik talks Grajakal into abandoning his idea of using Missingno against Team Plasma. Janik tells Grajakal what she learned from the Ghost-type pokemon: Missingno came into being in the unformed stuff of creation that eventually became Kanto. Kanto is an older region of possibilities and memories; thus it will take the Elemental Six of Kanto to bring Missingno down: Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur, Alakazam, Gengar, and Chansey. These are Ancient Pokemon predating the Legendary Bird Trio.

In Kanto the Bird Trio are under the control of the rogue Channelers and are being used to hunt down Grajakal and Janik. After besting the Legendary Bird Trio and awakening the Elemental Lords, Missingno is imprisoned within the depths of the Unknown Dungeon and guarded by the Elemental Six. Janik leaves Grajakal to deal with the rogue Channelers while Grajakal goes on to use the chaos to his advantage by proclaiming that Giovanni was killed by the Glitch Pokemon and Missingno. With his army of Rockets and "Dark" pokemon, Grajakal goes on to continue his war against the Teams that're trying to awaken their regions' respective uber-Legendaries.

END

Blaquaza

Elite Spritist
My Fanfic Idea

So I'm fairly new to writing fanfics, but there's this one idea that I've had and been expanding on in my mind (yes, it will involve shippings):

Chapter 1: Pallet Surprise
Ash has just finished his journeys in Unova, lets all of his new Pokémon out to meet his older ones and after going to bed, his Mother gets a message from one of Ash's old travelling buddies, May. She says that she's coming over to Pallet Town so that she can have a good catch-up session with him. Delia gets really excited and starts preparing for her stay. However, before the phone call,May was feelign very nervous and only ended up phoning because of some encouragement by Max.

Chapter 2: Dawn of a Rivalry
May arrives and Ash has already eaten (much to Delia's annoyance) before she arrived, so he waited for her to eat and the two headed out. , so they travel Dawn arrives and tells the others that she has a new Pokémon.

Chapter 3: Eon Vs. Eon
The Co-ordinators begin their battle with one another to see how good they have become with their , and after a long amount of time, they all decide to go and travel around the Sentou Region, to the North West of the Hoenn Region (A fan-made region of mine (the Region they travel around is open for discussion)).

After the battle, they go to Ash's house and their food is finally ready. Whilst eating, Ash is thinking about who to take with him to the next Region. He can't decide for a while, but makes up his mind. He then decides that he should keep one slot empty so that he can catch and raise a new Pokémon, which makes his decision even harder.

Meanwhile, Dawn and May have a heart to heart about how they feel about Ash. They both say that they don't want to fall out over it, so they promise that they'll try their hardest not to argue over Ash so that they both don't end up losing him.

Oh, and Ash will end up taking Sceptile, Swellow, Totodile and Infernape with him. The sixth slot on his team will be empty... For now.

Chapter 4: An Eggcellent Opportunity
Ash, May, Dawn and Pikachu get on the ferry to the new Region. Ash decides that he wants to think alone about his feelings, so he leaves Pikachu with May and Dawn.

Pikachu goes for a little stroll whilst May and Dawn go to their temporary room. They both talk about their travels with Ash, and get caught in an argument as to who he likes most. As Pikachu walks to the room., he can hear their argument and opens the door.

After explaining why they were arguing, the girls ask Pikachu to not tell Ash about their argument, and the little mouse agrees.

Ash then meets up with the group after thinking for a while. They talk for a minute before the ferry lands at the port. Not a minute after the group gets off the ferry, a trainer approaches Ash and asks him to take an egg off of his hands. Ash accepts, and takes the egg from the trainer, who quickly runs off. He wonders what Pokémon could be inside the egg, but decides that it would be better to go the Pokémon Centre to try and work it out.

Chapter 5: Hatching a Plan
Ash, Dawn, May and Pikachu arrive at the Pokémon Centre and are given a room to stay in. Curious about the Egg that they've just been given, they start thinking about what Pokémon could be inside it. It is blue with pieces of black over certain parts of it, but the group don't know who it could be. They all decide to call it a night and go to sleep.

After they've all fell asleep, the Egg glows and starts hatching. It turns out that it was a Riolu, who instantly falls asleep after hatching.

The next morning, Ash sees that his Egg has hatched, and is overjoyed that it is a Riolu. He then thinks of how Riolu can be trained, and puts it in a battle against Totodile. Totodile wins, but Riolu seems to know ThunderPunch, which it shouldn't learn naturally unless it has been tutored. Ash then knows that Riolu will be a valuable Pokémon.
NOTE: Pokémon will be able to learn more than four moves in this fanfic. Some of the older Pokémon will be able to use any moves that they've been able to use throughout their anime appearances.

So, does this sound okay? What I've posted there will only be the first few chapters, so I won't be 100% sure of exactly how this will be moving along. All I know is that I'll end up having a poll as to who will end up with Ash near the end of this fanfic.

EDIT: Posted some chapters of this fic online now (called it Civil Rivalry), here it is: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9290260/1/Civil-Rivalry. Leave a review if you can.

Last edited: