• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fic ideas V.2

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
I've been thinking lately of a new non trainer fic I want to do. Though my laptop broke so I won't be able to write much until I get a new one (using my mom's kindle for this).
It takes place in Johto in 2050. Drake (16 year old boy) is given a book by his old "uncle" that contains some secrets about the history of johto, and the truth behind all of it. To not spoil much, Drake is sent back in the past to solve the mystery, and as he is sent back in the past, he transforms into a Pokemon (not sure which yet) because of some issues and for his safety (again, not gonna spoil why). However, everything is more complex once he finds a totally different world where a dictatorship is held. In Drake's path to truth he meets many people and Pokemon that help him, and eventually finds out that him being sent back to the past was all a trick by Xcharacter to bring back the dictatorship. With the help of an old friend, he has to fight off the possibility of a new dictatorship happening.

This is just a brief summary of what I hope is a succesfull future fan fic.
Feedback?

Last edited:

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
Okay, this is a good idea. You need to try and develop the plot a bit more now that you have the summary. You should expand the summary, include some of the events that are going to happen, and try to start breaking it up into chapters (this summary will be a loose guideline). Then, start actually writing the chapters. While writing chapters, try to add more chapters to the guidelines that you made, and amend the guidelines with any events that you think of including. As you write an event leading up to something in another chapter, make sure to include the second event in the guidelines. I can't wait to read your writing!

Shymain

Blaquaza

Elite Spritist
Okay, this is a good idea. You need to try and develop the plot a bit more now that you have the summary. You should expand the summary, include some of the events that are going to happen, and try to start breaking it up into chapters (this summary will be a loose guideline). Then, start actually writing the chapters. While writing chapters, try to add more chapters to the guidelines that you made, and amend the guidelines with any events that you think of including. As you write an event leading up to something in another chapter, make sure to include the second event in the guidelines. I can't wait to read your writing!

Shymain
Thanks. I'll work on organising the front page a bit more now.

EDIT: Sorted out the earlier information into the first two chapters, as well as made two more chapters available.

Last edited:

TheSirPeras

The end of an era

Shymain

Did you mean that for Blaquaza or me? xD Anyways, if it was for me, thanks I'll do that :) Hopefully it will be started before summer if I get a laptop xD

Blaquaza

Elite Spritist
Did you mean that for Blaquaza or me? xD Anyways, if it was for me, thanks I'll do that :) Hopefully it will be started before summer if I get a laptop xD
Good question, but I think I replied to it before my thread was merged here.

Your story does sound great, though. I'll definitely be reading it whenever you decide to make it.

NormandyLabrat

Gauging interest in an idea

Summary:

The Tree of Beginning would change Ash Ketchum's life, forever. Eaten by the red blob, brought back to life. Donning the gloves of Sir Aaron and using his Aura to help save Mew, watching the final sacrifice of Lucario...

His Aura, now permanently awake, burns inside him like a wildfire. To be a master of Aura, or continue his dream to be a Pokemon Master...por que no los dos?

Beyond this question, the sacrifice of Lucario reminds him of someone else who sacrificed himself to save something. And one being who would understand.

---

Altoshipping, disregards preeetty much everything that happened in the anime past Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Though I am trying to decide if Ash should continue with the Battle Frontier (which, at this point, he hadn't really started) or drop it.

joey1234

the man of steel
I have an idea... This takes place after B/W 2 and the weaponry hasn't reached guns yet. When Ghetsis is found and captured, he gets charged with a death penalty and (duh) killed. A machine with three glowing balls is found in the original Team Plasma Castle. When Ghetsis is killed, the machine breaks. Known to only Ghetsis and the Shadow Triad, that machine gave Ghetsis full control over the triad. Now that they are no longer controlled, they have nearly limitless power, as shown when people find Darkrai dead instead of hiding from the humans. After a lot of legends killed, they move for there real target: Dialga and Palkia. If those two are killed, the distortions of time and space give them more power. Meanwhile, before the deaths, three trainers begin their journeys with family given pokemon. They get more and more involved with stoping the triad. This includes teaming up with their now regretful creator-GIRATINA. The kingdom is trying their hardest to stop the corrupt beings, but are failing. Finally, the last stand is made with the triad controlling Dialga and Palkia to get rid of their creator and opponents. After all is well, it's not. The Shadows murder the legendary trio. The last remaining legendary has to restore the dimensions, as well as destroy the evil triad.

Please give your two cents.

Last edited:

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Okay, guess who's back? Back again!

I suppose I should be saying guess what's back. Some of you may remember (hopefully) that twice now I've brought my fanfiction "Pokemon: The Retelling" to Serebii, and each time it was dwindled out. It seems I have finally figured out what went wrong; I was planning the entire thing out, chapter by chapter, scene by scene, battle by battle, etc. OCD never looked so good.

Regardless of that, since the very first incarnation, I have done it on my computers four times (and only twice on here, thank god). As I was on the fourth and most recent one, I looked at my old threads here and that was when the realisation hit me. So, I started again. I opened a Word document instead of the usual Powerpoint document and began to write instead of plan. Doing this, I have finally got it to where I want it, and I am looking forward to presenting to you; Pokemon: reMastered!

Pokemon: reMastered takes the anime world and takes it in a completely different direction. What if Ash had done this? What if these people had never been there? What if this happened instead? It is essentially my take on how the anime should have gone, and if it continues to be anything like the older versions, it becomes completely different by the end. Some people change their goals later on, some Pokemon have completely different personalities, some names are changed/altered.

It's something I'm extremely excited by beginning again from scratch and it's something I'll do either way, but I just thought I'd post here to see how much interest it could get. I'll be posting at infrequent times due to a busy work schedule, and the fact that I'm simultaneously working on my real life novel, but it'll be updated constantly.

To get a feel of some of the changes, I thought I'd show a few that become apparent in just the first chapter:
- Ash's full name is now Ashley Marcus Catch (I know Catch is a little more obvious than Ketchum, but it's a real surname), and he chooses to have "Ash" put on his Trainer Card, which he then travels under. Similarly, Gary's name is now Gareth Oak, while Gary is just a nickname.
- Ash's mother, Delia (now called Delilah) owns a restaurant and was formerly an assistant to Professor Oak. Due to this, and the fact that Ash's father is travelling in Johto at the beginning of the story, the three of them work together to make Ash's beginning a special one, as a favour to Delilah. Because of this, Ash begins with a freshly hatched Pichu.
- Ash and Gary aren't the only known beginning trainers. Two others are Jonathon Redcap and Alice Periwinkle, a son and daughter to the local firefighter and grocer, respectively. Joining the foursome of rivals later on will be Yelena Walker, from Saffron City, who began her journey at the same time.
- In my version of events, Pichu doesn't disobey out of spite; he's a newborn and just too curious about the world to really know what he's doing. On top of this, he doesn't have any qualms with the Pokeball at first, since he's had no experience of it to feel afraid of; that comes later.

So, let me know what you all think. I always love hearing people's opinion's on my work, and I do try and take it into consideration with future writing. I should be posting this at some point next week, perhaps on Monday or Tuesday (my next day off, essentially). But I'd love to hear you sound off before then. Is it something you'd read/comment on? Is it something that you've been waiting to happen, or something you could do without? Let me know!

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
Okay, guess who's back? Back again!

I suppose I should be saying guess what's back. Some of you may remember (hopefully) that twice now I've brought my fanfiction "Pokemon: The Retelling" to Serebii, and each time it was dwindled out. It seems I have finally figured out what went wrong; I was planning the entire thing out, chapter by chapter, scene by scene, battle by battle, etc. OCD never looked so good.

Regardless of that, since the very first incarnation, I have done it on my computers four times (and only twice on here, thank god). As I was on the fourth and most recent one, I looked at my old threads here and that was when the realisation hit me. So, I started again. I opened a Word document instead of the usual Powerpoint document and began to write instead of plan. Doing this, I have finally got it to where I want it, and I am looking forward to presenting to you; Pokemon: reMastered!

Pokemon: reMastered takes the anime world and takes it in a completely different direction. What if Ash had done this? What if these people had never been there? What if this happened instead? It is essentially my take on how the anime should have gone, and if it continues to be anything like the older versions, it becomes completely different by the end. Some people change their goals later on, some Pokemon have completely different personalities, some names are changed/altered.

It's something I'm extremely excited by beginning again from scratch and it's something I'll do either way, but I just thought I'd post here to see how much interest it could get. I'll be posting at infrequent times due to a busy work schedule, and the fact that I'm simultaneously working on my real life novel, but it'll be updated constantly.

To get a feel of some of the changes, I thought I'd show a few that become apparent in just the first chapter:
- Ash's full name is now Ashley Marcus Catch (I know Catch is a little more obvious than Ketchum, but it's a real surname), and he chooses to have "Ash" put on his Trainer Card, which he then travels under. Similarly, Gary's name is now Gareth Oak, while Gary is just a nickname.
- Ash's mother, Delia (now called Delilah) owns a restaurant and was formerly an assistant to Professor Oak. Due to this, and the fact that Ash's father is travelling in Johto at the beginning of the story, the three of them work together to make Ash's beginning a special one, as a favour to Delilah. Because of this, Ash begins with a freshly hatched Pichu.
- Ash and Gary aren't the only known beginning trainers. Two others are Jonathon Redcap and Alice Periwinkle, a son and daughter to the local firefighter and grocer, respectively. Joining the foursome of rivals later on will be Yelena Walker, from Saffron City, who began her journey at the same time.
- In my version of events, Pichu doesn't disobey out of spite; he's a newborn and just too curious about the world to really know what he's doing. On top of this, he doesn't have any qualms with the Pokeball at first, since he's had no experience of it to feel afraid of; that comes later.

So, let me know what you all think. I always love hearing people's opinion's on my work, and I do try and take it into consideration with future writing. I should be posting this at some point next week, perhaps on Monday or Tuesday (my next day off, essentially). But I'd love to hear you sound off before then. Is it something you'd read/comment on? Is it something that you've been waiting to happen, or something you could do without? Let me know!

This seriously sounds awesome. I would love to read this when you post it. I really don't have any suggestions as of now, I'll just wait until you start actually putting up the fic. All of these spins are quite inventive, if I do say so myself.

-Shymain

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
Alright, so I have an idea I'll throw out and see if people are interested in at all. I posted a chapter for a fic similar to this ages ago, but realized it wasn't that decent and changed a lot of it. Sooo, tell me what you think. c:

Set in the Kanto region, it follows a girl with a shady past named Rachel Summers, who grew up in Cerulean City but is forced to move in with her father in Pallet after her mother dies. Resentful for his having never been there, the two refuse to get along, and matters worsen when Rachel is framed for arson and attempted homicide by a character dressed in black. Now a fugitive on the run, she's forced to rely on her own wits, battling prowess, and the friendship of some unlikely comrades as she is chased throughout the region and attempts to figure out the identity of the man in black. Struggling to survive, she comes across a plot she never meant to be a part of that could tear the Kanto region apart - and the only way to end it may be to become the villain everyone thought she was all along.

I don't know if that's too cryptic or not, but it's the most I can give away of the plot without ruining a lot of things. *shrugs* What do you think - anyone interested, or have their two cents to throw in on how to improve?

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Alright, so I have an idea I'll throw out and see if people are interested in at all. I posted a chapter for a fic similar to this ages ago, but realized it wasn't that decent and changed a lot of it. Sooo, tell me what you think. c:

Set in the Kanto region, it follows a girl with a shady past named Rachel Summers, who grew up in Cerulean City but is forced to move in with her father in Pallet after her mother dies. Resentful for his having never been there, the two refuse to get along, and matters worsen when Rachel is framed for arson and attempted homicide by a character dressed in black. Now a fugitive on the run, she's forced to rely on her own wits, battling prowess, and the friendship of some unlikely comrades as she is chased throughout the region and attempts to figure out the identity of the man in black. Struggling to survive, she comes across a plot she never meant to be a part of that could tear the Kanto region apart - and the only way to end it may be to become the villain everyone thought she was all along.

I don't know if that's too cryptic or not, but it's the most I can give away of the plot without ruining a lot of things. *shrugs* What do you think - anyone interested, or have their two cents to throw in on how to improve?

That actually sounds like a really interesting read. One thing I would throw in (you may already be thinking of doing it) is changing her name while she's travelling. Someone on the run would need a pseudonym to be out of people's heads if they can't see her face and therefore recognise her. I'd say stick with it and take on advice as you go along.

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
I've had this idea in the back of my head for a while, so I'm going to elaborate on it.

This story starts off with following an orphan named Autumn Reed, and she hates the world she is currently living in. She sees the pollution, the war, and everything else terrible instead of the better assets the Unova region has to offer. When she is walking in a local forest, and she soon finds a hidden portal to nowhere. Once she jumps into the portal, she wanders into the Pokemon Dream World.

*cue backstory* The Pokemon Dream World, in this story, is the Legendary Pokemon's safe-haven. Fennel and Deoxys created this world, because it used to just be a figment of imagination. They put portals in certain places, so that humans have a way inside this world. (It will be better elaborated in the story.)

A couple years ago when Team Rocket was at rise, the Pokemon couldn't defend themselves. Humans are the dominant species, so the Legendaries thought to train the humans instead. All humans have a hidden power called, Potential. (Potential is like the humans version of Pokemon types.) Every human has Potential, but over years of being domestic, it turned dormant. So seeing the impending attacks, Legendary Pokemon gathered up humans and trained them in their Potential. They are continuing to do this currently.

So, Autumn runs away from her foster home and goes to the Dream World. Her friends meet her there, and they try to find their Potential. Now, however, a new threat tries to tamper with the Dream World's portals. A poacher called Hunter J is the main antagonist, and she tries to abduct the Legendary Pokemon which are hiding in the Dream World. Only a human can stop her, so Autumn has to find her Potential before Hunter J goes into the Dream World entirely.

So, feedback is appreciated. I just want to know if this is fairly believable, and I wanted to share my idea.

Blaquaza

Elite Spritist
Thanks, so does yours :) I started writing it already and posted the fisrt chapter too ^^ hehe
Post it here; it'll be a good read, for sure. I'm already working on Chapter 4 of my fanfic, but my chapters are short and are still being tweaked as I proof read them.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
This seriously sounds awesome. I would love to read this when you post it. I really don't have any suggestions as of now, I'll just wait until you start actually putting up the fic. All of these spins are quite inventive, if I do say so myself.

-Shymain

Thanks so much, I look forward to seeing you as a reader. I'll be posting it tomorrow. I'm glad you like the spins XD Last time I posted it, I had one reviewer who kept coming back and essentially bashing what I decided to change, not on a whim, but because it's how I would have preferred to watch it.

As I say, the first chapter and therefore the thread, will be up in the morning.

Blaquaza

Elite Spritist
I did on the main fics threads

Even though I'm not that into shipping, yours did sound pretty interesting so good luck ;D
Thanks, best of luck to you too. I'll read your fic now. :)

I have an idea I've been playing around with, and I'd like some opinions on it.

You know those stories about pokemorphs, or stories where a human gets turned into a Pokemon. And then they have a grand adventure through the Pokemon world, making new friends, etc., etc.? In a sense, mine is kinda like that, although it's more of a deconstruction of the plot idea, and also reversing the basic concept.

The thing is, my main character isn't some chick who gets experimented on by Team Rocket, turned into an Eevee gijinka and must now escape the evil lab. No, he is a male Eevee, wishing on a star to be HUMAN. Or, more like wishing on Jirachi, but same idea.

Anyway, this Eevee made a wish to become human. Well, in a sense. See, being an Eevee has its advantages and disadvantages. You'll be scooped up right away by an eager trainer, although you might be forced to evolve into something you don't like. This Eevee here wants nothing to do with evolution. He feels like his only value in life is to evolve, but he just wants to be himself. Kinda like Pikachu ad Piplup both refused to evolve. So, my character, Eevee, looks up at the night sky in Castelia City, and wishes that he will never evolve. That he can't evolve. Somehow, this created a bit of a screw-up for Jirachi, and POOF! Eevee's human now.

Of course, this is the reverse of human turned to Pokemon. Similar issues, perhaps, in the sense of, now that Eevee's human, he'll need to understand the mechanics of how humans work. No, he's no a chimera/gijinka. 100% human in appearance, no animal parts, just the same coloring. That means he can easily, by appearance, blend in. By behavior, however, he'll need to learn from scratch.

Now, here are a couple of things for this basic plot I'd like to ask about;
1) Does Pokemon training get involved at all in the story itself, not just by references? Does Eevee himself, being human, engage in Pokemon training, only as the Trainer? Should I introduce trainers as other characters, maybe even as antagonists?
2) Why did Jirachi make such a screw-up? Because it was simply dumb? Eevee's wording was odd?
3) I was thinking of having some Pokemon join Eevee as companions, and one of those Pokemon is Mew. Mew, if he is involved, will most likely get Eevee into trouble, offer ill-fitted advice, even though he claims he's a Human expert. Is Mew too over the top? Are there other Pokemon similar to Mew that could take the role if so?
4) As mentioned above, Eevee will have companions. Besides Mew, there will a Zoroark, a Fenniken, an Electrike, and a Poochyena. Are these Pokemon okay? Would it even matter which Pokemon I chose, so as long as I have distinct personalities?
5) What are the possible problems that could surface when Eevee becomes human?

Thanks so much. I don't plan on writing this story until X and Y come out, because I plan on using the Kalos region as the setting the story takes place in. So I have plenty of time to work things out before then.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
There's a fic I've been building up to for a while. I've recently finished my degree in Creative Writing and it was a fun side project to plan an elaborate series that I would start writing after my workload decreased. I'm going to begin releasing chapters as of October, to implement the changes which are being brought into the sixth generation. It's called "Children of Champions".

The story is the exact one we know from Red, Blue, Fire Red and Leaf Green, but just like the anime and manga I'm going in much my own direction with it and I've made some logistical changes which make the premises of the franchise a bit more realistic. Pokemon training is an uncommon career path, with unlicensed trainers being limited to just one pokemon pet and unable to earn badges. In order to gain a license, you must be approved by a qualified professor and those without sponsorship can rarely afford the costly journey. Pokemon behave more like real animals, cannot understand human speech, and are difficult to tame and command. Injuries are also treated realistically and certainly not cured as easily as they are in the games. There are also plots which you wouldn't find in, say, the anime, but it's suitable for anyone over the age of 12 and will contain no swearing or graphic sex and violence.

The story follows three new trainers, all based on the game protagonists Red, Blue and Leaf. Jack, the Red counterpart, is the son of the regional champion of Kanto, however his father has taken a leave of absence and traveled to parts unknown with his partner Venusaur. Jack has now turned 16, which will allow him to gain a license and leave Pallet Town on his badge-collecting journey with his starter pokemon. However, when Venusaur has mysteriously returned to Pallet Town the night before he is due to leave, the hunt for the Champion begins. Along his journey, accompanied by aspiring and recently licensed breeder Jodi (the Leaf counterpart), Jack meets friends and rivals of his father while finding a few more of his own. His principle competition is Gary Oak, who is sponsored by the Silph Corporation and therefore has access to superior equipment and education but lacks the remarkable ability Jack has to gain the love and loyalty of his pokemon comrades.

Familiar elements from the original games, and also their remakes and sequels, will be included but with my own interpretations as well as theories which are popular within the fandom. I hope that when I have finished the series (no doubt some years from now) I'll have created one of the most complete and distinctive retellings of the story we've all experienced.

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
I have an idea I've been playing around with, and I'd like some opinions on it.

You know those stories about pokemorphs, or stories where a human gets turned into a Pokemon. And then they have a grand adventure through the Pokemon world, making new friends, etc., etc.? In a sense, mine is kinda like that, although it's more of a deconstruction of the plot idea, and also reversing the basic concept.

The thing is, my main character isn't some chick who gets experimented on by Team Rocket, turned into an Eevee gijinka and must now escape the evil lab. No, he is a male Eevee, wishing on a star to be HUMAN. Or, more like wishing on Jirachi, but same idea.

Anyway, this Eevee made a wish to become human. Well, in a sense. See, being an Eevee has its advantages and disadvantages. You'll be scooped up right away by an eager trainer, although you might be forced to evolve into something you don't like. This Eevee here wants nothing to do with evolution. He feels like his only value in life is to evolve, but he just wants to be himself. Kinda like Pikachu ad Piplup both refused to evolve. So, my character, Eevee, looks up at the night sky in Castelia City, and wishes that he will never evolve. That he can't evolve. Somehow, this created a bit of a screw-up for Jirachi, and POOF! Eevee's human now.

Of course, this is the reverse of human turned to Pokemon. Similar issues, perhaps, in the sense of, now that Eevee's human, he'll need to understand the mechanics of how humans work. No, he's no a chimera/gijinka. 100% human in appearance, no animal parts, just the same coloring. That means he can easily, by appearance, blend in. By behavior, however, he'll need to learn from scratch.

Good, you've really thought this through and got the beginning of a plot. I love this idea. Nice!

Now, here are a couple of things for this basic plot I'd like to ask about;
1) Does Pokemon training get involved at all in the story itself, not just by references? Does Eevee himself, being human, engage in Pokemon training, only as the Trainer? Should I introduce trainers as other characters, maybe even as antagonists?

Yes. Definitely. Those would be valuable, intimate moments in the fic- or you could make them horrible and remind them of his hate of how he might have been used.

2) Why did Jirachi make such a screw-up? Because it was simply dumb? Eevee's wording was odd?

If you get the reference, magic always comes with a price!

But, on a more serious topic, I think it should be because Jirachi wanted to teach Eevee a lesson that you should try to live contently, like a god would.

3) I was thinking of having some Pokemon join Eevee as companions, and one of those Pokemon is Mew. Mew, if he is involved, will most likely get Eevee into trouble, offer ill-fitted advice, even though he claims he's a Human expert. Is Mew too over the top? Are there other Pokemon similar to Mew that could take the role if so?

Not Mew. Nice idea, but definitely not a legendary. On the other hand, Zorua are more common, and they are tricksters. Your choice, though!

4) As mentioned above, Eevee will have companions. Besides Mew, there will a Zoroark, a Fenniken, an Electrike, and a Poochyena. Are these Pokemon okay? Would it even matter which Pokemon I chose, so as long as I have distinct personalities?

Actually, use Zoroark as the trickster. Use another Pokèmon which fills its role. My advice is to use a Pokemon that matches the personality of the character. Just try to avoid having one-of-a-kind legendaries in human form.

5) What are the possible problems that could surface when Eevee becomes human?

This is where you do the thinking and the writing. Some questions to get you started:

-Does he know how to speak the human language?
-Clothes? Is it a foreign idea to him? Like Dia in the manga, is he more comfortable without clothes?
-What will he treat other humans like, since he doesn't like trainers?
-What if a friend he makes trains an Eevee and can't wait to evolve it when they get the chance?
Thanks so much. I don't plan on writing this story until X and Y come out, because I plan on using the Kalos region as the setting the story takes place in. So I have plenty of time to work things out before then.

Good luck!