• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fic ideas V.2

Blackmamba7

Um Hi there this is my first time doing this, but I've been having trouble with a fanfiction idea or rather two ideas that have been bouncing around in my head for a while.
Firstly both of them involve Ash and a Pokemon Tournament similar to the ones in fanfictions where Ash has been gone for 3 to 5 years though in this case he has either just finished Kalos or Unova.
Now for the Unova one Ash, Iris and Cilan have just left N after the whole Reshiram event and in this case they don't got to the decalore islands which also results in no Kalos. So for this one Ash is challenged to either a 6 vs 6 or a 1 vs 1 of course using Pikachu in the 1v1. The battle ends in a draw and his opponent who will be my OC tells Ash about an upcoming tournament that will either take place in Unova at the PWT or at the Indigo Plateau in Kanto. Ash then leaves for Kanto to prepare for the tournament before taking a plane back to Unova a few months later. The main problem for in this one is that I need an antagonist since I don't really have a good one right now.

For the one that takes place after Kalos it's basically the same thing except that I know what evil antagonist I want. In this case it's Team Plasma once again expect this time instead of just going after Reshiram they want to merge Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom back into a single dragon so that they can take over the world. The way that they do this is by placing devices around each of the battle fields that absorb the kinetic energy or some form of energy that comes from Pokemon Battles. To make their plan's go faster they make sure to give the trainers who they have a pretty good idea will at least get into the semi-finals mega stones and keystones. When the Pokemon Mega Evolve they give off ten times more energy since they are more powerful. They also make sure that N is brought along since they need Reshiram to appear as well though they don't know for certain that Ash has Zekrom on his side.

Now for both of them their will be Alto shipping sorry to anyone who doesn't like the ship and bits of Abilityshipping AKA AshxAnabel. This also leads into a plot where either team rocket or team plasma get ahold of Bills technology (The one he used that turned him into a clefairy in Gen 1.) The use it to turn people into Pokemon depending on their Aura. In this case Ash get's captured and turned into a Latios (which is what makes the Altoshipping kind of work in this instance).
If you guys could leave a comment on what you think of this, tips, suggestions, criticisms as long as they're not to harsh it would be much appreciated.

Moogleknight24

The Lone Dewott
Has this been done? If so, is it a good idea?

A slice-of-life about a Ditto or Zoroark, taking the form of a human and living among the humans, perhaps taking a desk job or working at a café. His/her friends and co-workers are none the wiser and said disguised Pokemon has to contemplate whether to admit this secret or keep it to their grave.

A slice-of-life about a Ditto or Zoroark, taking the form of a human and living among the humans, perhaps taking a desk job or working at a café. His/her friends and co-workers are none the wiser and said disguised Pokemon has to contemplate whether to admit this secret or keep it to their grave.

That sounds absolutely hilarious. Consider a buddy cop fic with the same premise, too -- maybe they solve Pokemon-related cases with the police and get into various shenanigans. But whatever route you go, that's really entertaining and I'd definitely check it out!

So, I'm an Ancient History major in college, and am doing my thesis on Ancient Rome. It actually got me thinking, wouldn't it be really cool to write a story about it? And then I thought, how could I incorporate Pokémon into this? So here's my idea, or rather two of them. Would it be at all interesting for people to see a story that would be a sort of pseudo-historical fiction/mythological story either centered in Rome or Greece, but with Pokémon? There are some very cool ways I can take this, and I just want to see if anyone is interested.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
So, I'm an Ancient History major in college, and am doing my thesis on Ancient Rome. It actually got me thinking, wouldn't it be really cool to write a story about it? And then I thought, how could I incorporate Pokémon into this? So here's my idea, or rather two of them. Would it be at all interesting for people to see a story that would be a sort of pseudo-historical fiction/mythological story either centered in Rome or Greece, but with Pokémon? There are some very cool ways I can take this, and I just want to see if anyone is interested.

I LOVE history (and Pokemon of course, but I'm sure everyone already knew that) and I'd be up for reading that. It sounds interesting and there's definitely a lot you could do with it.

Moogleknight24

The Lone Dewott
That sounds absolutely hilarious. Consider a buddy cop fic with the same premise, too -- maybe they solve Pokemon-related cases with the police and get into various shenanigans. But whatever route you go, that's really entertaining and I'd definitely check it out!

Thanks :) personally I was thinking of going the dramatic route, but I can see it incorporating lots of humour.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Thanks :) personally I was thinking of going the dramatic route, but I can see it incorporating lots of humour.
I think there's definitely potential for a dramatic story with your idea, and IMO dramatic stories work best when there's some amount of levity or humor before things get really heavy. A good way perhaps to incorporate humor might be to have a scene where the perspective is limited to one of one of the main character's human acquaintances, and the reader sees how they misinterpret some of the little clues that the main character isn't quite what they seem. My sense is that the scenario you described plays more dramatically when reader gets inside the head of the protagonist, and more humorously when the reader is at more of an emotional distance. So I'd suggest thinking about narrative perspective and tone in tandem.

Good luck with your story!

culturalpike

So I have an idea and I even started write it, but 1) I can't show you it, becouse I write in my language and I'd have to translate it 2) the plot isn't polish yet, however I'm curious what you think about the idea on its own.

Wordl is the same as that one in anime. We are nearly 18 years later. Ash Ketchum is a Master o Pokemon League, he reach all of his goals, Gary Oak is now professor Oak and he work in his grandfather laboratory in Pallet Town. My main character is Jake Warden ten-year-old boy from Viridian, Kanto. Ash is his idol and we meet him when he starts his journey.
For now I have just 6 pages and I'm now in moment of choosing starters.
Belive me, through these 6 pages many interesting things happend, for example Jake met Ash for the first time.
I want to create something like an anime. Main character with his pokemons and lots of adventures, but I also really want to stick to original games.
Would anybody be interested in reading sth like that?

mathwiz617

I've been writing a pokemon/Legend of Zelda crossover fanfic on another site, and want to stay true to the games in all but one respect. What would you think of a trainer, perhaps a "Final Boss" type, who breaks all the rules? I'm thinking an 8 pokemon team, all mega-evolved, all out at once, and willing to attack the main characters themselves, not just their pokemon. Yes, I will have justification for having 8 mega evolutions at once.

Obviously, this is far off, as I'm still writing the "catching wild pokemon tutorial" scene, but it's something I'd like to plan for WAY in advanced.

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
I've been thinking of writing something that involves a journey through Unova with my OC, alongside Cheren, and Jasmine(Steel Gym from Johto) In this, I'm not sure how to justify Cheren starting his journey again, away from the Canon storyline, without re-creating Pokemon B/W.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
I have an idea for an original trilogy similar to Percy Jackson, involving Mayan gods. On my computer are notes and a rough draft for the initial chapters of the first part of the trilogy.
This idea has been floating around in my head for months.

I have named the protagonist Robbie Cortez, a demigod of sorts, related to the serpent god Kukulkan. He has to go through the trials of Xibalba (the Mayan underworld) in order to convince the gods to prevent the apocalypse.

The name of the first "book" is The Axe of Storms, if anyone is wondering.

Now all I need is a way to make some of the Mayan gods blend into a modern day setting. The only idea I have written down for this particular idea is that the god of bats, Camazotz, will sometimes appear in a humanlike form, wearing a New York Yankees baseball cap and a T-shirt with the Batman symbol.

I also feel obligated to add a few funny Pokémon references here and there.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
So I have a story that's coming up on its TENTH YEAR ANNIVERSARY WHAAAAAAAAAT?!?! and I want to do something special to celebrate it. Obviously, this means writing a oneshot, but I'm stuck as to WHAT to write. For something so special, what kinds of plots can you guys come up with that I could write about? (For further detail, the story is a teen romance/slice of life set in the modern real world, and I already wrote a generic epilogue for it years ago.) Thanks!

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Well I have a few ideas that have been in my head for some time. One of them is a retelling of Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia, in a OCs point of view. Haven't decided whether he/she will be following Alm or Celicia's route, but the idea's there. The other is another Fire Emblem fic, this time set in Awakening, over basically what would happen if Morgan was Tiki's daughter and what the repercussions of that would be.

Tom and Jerry Parody...Starring Lillie and Nebby!

Boy, I haven't been here for quite some time...Hi, guys, good to be back. I'm not sure where else to put this, so...here it is.

So, I saw this image on DeviantArt, that was basically a parody of the classic Tom and Jerry logo, with Lillie and Nebby in place of the cat and mouse duo. The image made me laugh, and then it got me thinking...

What do you guys think it would be like if this actually existed? What if there was a slapstick comedy where Lillie tries to get Nebby into her bag and is comedically thwarted and humiliated at every turn, much like Tom was?

Just imagine the possibilities. It would basically be Tom and Jerry in the Pokemon world, the slapstick opportunities practically write themselves. Tom getting attacked by real world animals is funny enough, imagine Lillie getting attacked by angry Pokemon that can breathe fire, or send people flying over the horizon with a single punch, and so on and so forth.

I, personally, imagine Nebby would be nowhere near as malicious as Jerry ever was. I imagine each chapter/episode/whatever would begin with him leaving the bag when something piques his curiousity, and he spends the rest of the time being completely oblivious as Lillie goes through all this pain and misery trying to get him back into the bag.

I think it would be hilarious, and I wanna know what kind of scenarios you guys could possibly come up with for an idea like this.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
I have an idea for an original trilogy similar to Percy Jackson, involving Mayan gods. On my computer are notes and a rough draft for the initial chapters of the first part of the trilogy.
This idea has been floating around in my head for months.

I have named the protagonist Robbie Cortez, a demigod of sorts, related to the serpent god Kukulkan. He has to go through the trials of Xibalba (the Mayan underworld) in order to convince the gods to prevent the apocalypse.

The name of the first "book" is The Axe of Storms, if anyone is wondering.

Now all I need is a way to make some of the Mayan gods blend into a modern day setting. The only idea I have written down for this particular idea is that the god of bats, Camazotz, will sometimes appear in a humanlike form, wearing a New York Yankees baseball cap and a T-shirt with the Batman symbol.

I also feel obligated to add a few funny Pokémon references here and there.

After eons of thinking of a good main antagonist, it was right there all along.... Ah Puch!

Vini310

[Idea]The Adventures of the Pichu Bros.

Please keep in mind that this is just an idea, for now it haven't transformed into a real thing.

What is this fanfiction about?
The Adventures of (the) Pichu Bros. (name not final; other options: Super Pichu Bros., The Pichu Bros., Lightning Brothers) is a fanfic about, as the titile says, the Pichu Brothers and their friends (those who have watched Pokémon Chronicles probably remember them) on a difficult mission: to live in a world full of Pokémon Trainers and evil organizations (it's basically Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, but set on the main series' universe). As the series progresses, we will see the wild Pokémon's thoughts about the world they are living, and what they think about humans, and so on.

The series is divided in 3 segments: the first was already showed above, while the second one is more basic: it tells the story of Amanda, a Pokémon Trainer who just started her journey to become a Pokémon Master. This segment, as well as the entire series, will be an expansion to the universe the anime take place, and will also make fun of some ideas and misconceptions Pokémon fans have, combined with memes and references.

The third segment is a quiz, where the Pokémon themselves (and sometimes a human) will have to answer a question related to the Pokémon World (can be simple questions or really hard ones).

So... yeah, this is what my fanfic is about, however, I will not write it now, as I alerady have FIVE fanfictions ongoing. I created this thread simply to see what other Pokémon fans think about my idea (a thing I rarely do).

More information will be posted in my DeviantART. For now, you can see Jim's biography by clicking here: [link removed]

Now... it's time to D-D-D-DISCUSS!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragonfree

Just me
I've merged your idea into the Fic Ideas thread, which is where ideas belong. If you'd like to post more content related to your idea, please actually include it in your post, rather than linking to an external site; that's advertising, which is forbidden in the general forum rules.

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
I have my idea to make a story but I am a bit struggle. Here what I have in mind:

Main Idea:
>I want to make a Female protagonist born disability of hard-of-hearing since I have never seen the main character have a disability so I would go for that relate to my experience. She and her family enter the world of Pokemon to escape from the horror disaster homeworld. She want to explore the journey with her new experience life of the world of Pokemon. Her team(and future teams) is learning how to speak(or ASL) and are teaching her about the danger of the world because her trainer is in very valuable situation.
>There will be a second male protagonist which it relate to Pokemon player(I won't say who)
>Plan to make a saga story
>Plan to have adventure and later on romance when they grow older
>Interesting background story about Female protagonist's parents
>The Legendary Pokemon are getting a 'weird' feeling around her. Plus no way I am getting my OC having all legendary pokemon. I want a fair one. Just one.

Problem:
>Since there are seven regions, the ones I know are Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Kalos.
>Rough info regions are: Johto and Unova
>Less known: Kanto and Ahola
>I can't focus on many regions if I plan to go for Volume like 'Kanto Vol' because I might be losing my motive to write.

So, in those regions that I have rough and less known. Should I shorten those future chapters for rough/fewer info regions while the most knowledgeable regions will be written longer? What do you guys think? I want to make a story with a sage to contince to have my OC's beginning of her life and a closure....

straydelta

Noodlebirb
Problem:
>Since there are seven regions, the ones I know are Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Kalos.
>Rough info regions are: Johto and Unova
>Less known: Kanto and Ahola
>I can't focus on many regions if I plan to go for Volume like 'Kanto Vol' because I might be losing my motive to write.

So, in those regions that I have rough and less known. Should I shorten those future chapters for rough/fewer info regions while the most knowledgeable regions will be written longer? What do you guys think? I want to make a story with a sage to contince to have my OC's beginning of her life and a closure....

First question: may I ask why you feel the need to explore each region? I know you mentioned wanting to make it a "saga story," but it sounds like you already know of three regions fairly well. Would that be enough? It would work as a trilogy that way - and you could always have large age jumps in between each one. Hoenn to Sinnoh, for example, could be a few years. Also, Hoenn and Sinnoh both have Battle Frontiers. You could have stories that take place there? That alone could bring you up to five possible stories.

However, if you really want to write other regions, I would suggest simply playing the games more. Maybe even when you're writing the other stories, since it sounds like you have a lot to start with and lots of time to play the games. Or, you could watch playthroughs of the games online so you could skip around a bit (such as jumping over Gym Battles and trainer battles and grinding, etc.) to just get the story.

But you're also saying you don't want to have whole volumes for each region, because you'll lose motivation - which I agree with. Honestly, I would suggest picking your favorite region and writing a story just in that region alone. You could split your novel into parts - for example, maybe the first part is Hoenn and the second part is Sinnoh, and maybe nothing interesting happens in the first five gyms in Sinnoh, so you cut ahead to the sixth, or just where something interesting happens.

Still, with all that being said, it's hard to give more help without knowing more about what you want to actually do with this story, specifically. So far you have a girl (what age, by the way?) who's coming from a disaster on her planet (where? how did they come to the Pokémon world? WHY the Pokémon world?). Already this feels like it's pushing the limits on acceptable realism, so would it be possible to shift that storyline into a disaster in the Pokémon world? For example, we know that between the Red/Blue/Green//Firered/Leafgreen and Gold/Silver/Crystal//HeartGold/SoulSilver, the Volcano on Cinnabar Island erupts. Perhaps your family could come from there, and that could be the disaster you work with?

In any case; good luck with this story!

I also happen to have a story idea of my own that I'd like to share here:

It's called The Safari Game, and essentially it's about an island-wide safari owned by an eccentric rich man named Mr. Sylvan. The rules are simple: trade in a "rare" Pokémon in exchange for entry to the safari for the chance to catch as many rare Pokémon as you can.

What really draws people to the island, though, is the rumor of what lies at the center of the island. See, there are tiers to the safari. The first tier, closest to the entry, hosts weaker Pokémon (such as "starter" Pokémon like Bulbasaur and Torchic), and the deeper you go, the more powerful they get (a few tiers in, you might start seeing Metagross and Salemence). But at the highest tier lies "The Legendary Pokémon." ( Think West World, if anyone's seen that t.v. show. )

No one knows what it is. Most people believe it's just a ruse to attract more customers. Others who believe it say it's simply a weak "legendary," such as Manaphy or Shaymin. But some people believe it's completely real; maybe a new, undiscovered and powerful legendary, or even Mew itself.

In any case, no one has seen it, because the island is dangerous; the legendary Pokémon is surrounded by some of the most powerful rare Pokémon in existence. People are only allowed to enter with bait and Capture Stylers to catch these rare Pokémon, and Pokémon Rangers, who patrol the island, often have to rescue patrons before they can reach the center.

The story revolves around two ambitious women who have their eyes set on this rumored legendary Pokémon; one is an ambitious Trainer whose life dream is to become the Pokémon League Champion of Sinnoh, and believes this legendary Pokémon is her ticket to success. The other woman is an idealistic Pokémon Ranger who hopes to find this legendary Pokémon and befriend it so that she can better protect people and Pokémon alike.

Just to explain how the idea of rare Pokémon works, the idea is basically "rare, difficult to obtain, or powerful/unique." So "starter Pokémon," fossils, pseudo-legendaries (like Dragonite), or shiny Pokémon. These are also what populate the island.

Are there any other rare Pokémon you guys can think of that I'm forgetting? Anything about the story idea so far that seems confusing, unclear, or problematic?