• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fic ideas V.2

gwen-watson

A Marvel Baby
See here's the thing. Basically I posted this fic over ten years ago when I was under a different username. Me, being forgetful, made a new account (this one) and I revisited Said 10+ year old fic, and found it cringey and want to rewrite it.

But I don't wanna be accused of plagiarism either. It is my fic, but it's old and I want to rewrite it. I don't wanna post and get in trouble, you know?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
See here's the thing. Basically I posted this fic over ten years ago when I was under a different username. Me, being forgetful, made a new account (this one) and I revisited Said 10+ year old fic, and found it cringey and want to rewrite it.

But I don't wanna be accused of plagiarism either. It is my fic, but it's old and I want to rewrite it. I don't wanna post and get in trouble, you know?

Do you have the original manuscripts on your computer? Any files that you used with a date stamp on them? If not, explain what happened: you made a fan fic 10+ years ago. Most users I know don't go looking for "cringey" fan fics on Serebii that were posted over a decade ago. If you want to get some hard proof, you could try to retrieve your password from said account. So long as you remember the username and the email account, you should be able to get access.

gwen-watson

A Marvel Baby
Do you have the original manuscripts on your computer? Any files that you used with a date stamp on them? If not, explain what happened: you made a fan fic 10+ years ago. Most users I know don't go looking for "cringey" fan fics on Serebii that were posted over a decade ago. If you want to get some hard proof, you could try to retrieve your password from said account. So long as you remember the username and the email account, you should be able to get access.

Sadly, I don't have the original manuscript. It's been several computers over the years and idiot me didn't know how to back up at the time.

As for email, that's also been deactivated: it was a cringey old email.

Again, the last thing I want to do is get in trouble for plagiarism. Unfortunately I only have my word. But I do still want to revisit it. Not too sure.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Just thought of something that's small enough that I can do on and off throughout the year: continue with the "A Day with X" stories that Pokemon Masters is currently doing with their characters. Let's face it, most of those characters aren't going to get fleshed out beyond that one entry, at least not for another year or so, so why not take my own spin on it? Maybe I can come up with an interesting quirk for some of them? What do you guys think?

WalesNote

Was thinking of ideas for a story of my own. That fan story, 'Pedestal' is sort of an inspiration.

But following the standard route of going from gym to gym is simply too standard and boring. Breaking such conventions and bringing in new ideas is something I've been looking into. Changing up what starter pokemon there are and how they are obtained, breaking tradition and fighting gyms in reverse order, using a region of your own creation, altering story plot and events. Many ideas that could be implemented.

All I have so far is:
  • Writing the story in first person
  • Unexpected starter pokemon / team members
  • Gyms done out of order
  • Original ideas for story arcs / plot
  • The setting is an original region

pac_halo

Downtown Dunkmeister
I've been mulling over a fan fic idea for a few years now. I guess you could call it an AU, but it certainly doesn't feel like one.

The main objectives for the work are:
1. Expand and elaborate on the world of Pokemon. The franchise is filled with interesting characters, organizations, and of course, Pokemon. I think a story that fully realizes that potential will be a lot richer in terms of world-building. This means I've taken the liberty of fleshing out the nations, politics, and history of the world.
2. Use Game Freak's own characters. My work follows the adventures of Red, Blue, Green, Ethan, and Kris as they interact with a newly expanded-upon world. Game Freak's own characters (at least in the games) are often kind of flat and without much personality, so I want to use those designs to create new characters.

Of course, the main plot of the fic is the cliche "fight gym, get badge", but I like to think that, in my drafting and organizing of the story, it won't feel like a total grind.

TheFarmboy

I had an idea for a Pokemon Fanfiction that's been lingering since 2010 and forgot about it until recently. I thought I would like to share it as I no longer had the time for it. Wanted it to be a different from the standard Gym Battle/Coordinator fare.

Details:
  • Max and Molly Hale are the two leads. Of course they're old enough to be Pokemon Trainers, inspired by the picture of the two Michikusa drew many moons ago. And it was around the time HG/SS was released.
  • Molly will have a Teddiursa as her starter, she cross paths with Max en-route to see her father. Max will have the Ralts he promised as his. Teddiursa will evolve into an Ursaring, unsure if Ralts would end up as a Gallade or Gardevoir.
  • Another trainer joins them in ther adventure. More of a grouchy character who was burned out with Pokemon Battles. Not to say they'll fight if the moment calls for it. Often serves as a mentor in their own way. Has a Feraligatr and can be thought of as the Captain Haddock for the duo's Tintin.
  • Max's fighting style is methodical and strategic, while Molly favors brute force. NoName demostrates why they need to be more flexible in their game plans.
  • Many independant villains, including Team Rocket. Though the main antagonist would be a group that want the harness the Unown's power.
  • Molly's relationship with her parents have improved since the third movie. She and her father often exchange letters using Unown as sybmols and in code.
  • The Hales' standing with the citizens of Greenfield has been strained since the events of Spell of the Unown.

Confirmed Plotpoints:
  • Max was approached by Professor Birch of a program for new trainers to be aides for many Pokemon Researchers. Birch was requested from the help of Professor Elm in Johto.
  • Max reunites with Ralts.
  • Max meets Molly at Elm's lab, she's part of the program too and asks Max if he would like to work with her father.
  • Max has a chance meeting with Vivi in Olivine City. The Winstrates decided on traveling around the world as a means to fight many trainers. The two were caught by poachers and held prisoner. Daring escape ensues.
  • Main Antagonists kidnapped Spencer for his Unown research, having Molly go on a mission to rescue him.
  • At the end, Max is taking a break back in Petalburg City, he receives a coded letter from Molly. When translated, it said she'll be coming to Hoenn.

Last edited:

Citylover97

Hello. I have an idea for a story set in an alternate universe after the conclusion of the series, but I don't have the time to write it myself. So I'm posting it here to see it maybe someone else can do it.

Here's how I want the 1st chapter to go.

Ash and Goh are sleeping in, Chloe and her Boltund enter their quarters, and wakes them up by having Boltund use Thunderbolt, after they wake up, she greets them with a warm smile, and gives Goh a kiss on the lips.

Next they each have breakfast, then they enter the Cerise Park, and see Hop, who challenges Ash to a full 6 on 6 battle.

Goh will referee, and Chloe will be the cheerleader.

Here's what Pokémon Ash shall use:

Pikachu
Dragonite
Gengar
Lucario
Sirfetch'd
Dracovish

Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, and Gigantamax will be used, make sure Ash wins the battle.

Chapter 1 will end with Ash, Goh, and Chloe seeing Hop off to Johto, they say adios to him in Saffron City, as he enters the Magnet Train heading to the Johto Region, as he takes on the Johto League there.

Over the course of the story Ash will meet up will all his friends again. Here's what they'll have done in the meantime:

May, Dawn, and Serena won every grand festival.

Gary Oak is an official Professor.

Leaf is a regional champion.

Misty is an undefeated gym leader.

Brock became a Pokémon doctor.

Tracey Sketchit is Professor Oak's top assistant.

May is also the #1 ranked top coordinator/contest star.

Max is an official gym leader.

Dawn is also the #1 ranked top coordinator/contest star.

Iris is a Dragon Master and a regional champion.

Cilan is a S Class Connoisseur.

Clemont is a successful inventor.

Bonnie is an official gym leader.

Serena is also the #1 ranked top coordinator/contest star.

Lana has caught every water type Pokémon, esp Manaphy.

Kiawe is an official Island Kahuna.

Lillie found her father, and works with her family at Aether Paradise.

Sophocles is an astronaut alongside his cousin.

Mallow has successfully made the family restaurant into a place where people and Pokémon eat at.

Delia Ketchum has opened lots of restaurants in all 8 regions.

Pallet Town becomes an attraction.

Cerise Park becomes the size of 4 football stadiums combined.

Chloe has followed her dreams.

We could also add the movie characters in as well.

If you're interested in writing this, or have already done so, please contact me at fanfiction.net (my name is Citylover96 there) so we can talk more about it.

HappyHawlucha

I have had this idea for a fic for a long while now, but the premise and character dynamics have changed at least 10 times over in my head, but I seem to have brainstormed a couple of decent characters and relationships.

Zoe is a trainer from Verdanturf Town in Hoenn, and her older sister Lydia is a Master-trainer, certified by various Battle Facilities across the world, and now runs a Pokemon battling academy in Hoenn to help train new battling stars.
Zoe, too, has a strong love for battling, and is a truly passionate person, but has a major inferiority complex stemming from her younger years, eventually leading to Zoe leaving home and travelling to Kalos, to attempt the Kalos Gym Challenge, in an attempt to try and "make it" like her sister. Her motivations lying in trying to beat her sister rather than enjoying battling for herself leads her love for battling to sour over the course of her gym challenge.
Other main characters will include Zoe's childhood best friend, Kai(completely platonic male/female friendship), who knows how she can get and follows her to Kalos in order to try and reignite her love for battle, while also keeping an eye on her. A few of Lydia's students at the academy will also be featured, their journeys and where their eventual paths lead.
Open to suggestions about background, plot and potential characters through thread replies or DMs :)