• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fic ideas V.2

Janovy

Banned
*Approved By Zephyr Flare*
*this thread can be bumped*
The Original

I asked for this new thread because the first one was getting old.
Enjoy

[/edit] I've nailed the original thread so it won't awol anywhere. Part of the reason I have allowed another thread is due to sometimes as threads get older and more pages, they're more likely to choke up and preventing postage. So this is just some future proofing :) Otherwise continue as normal, the link above works fine despite I just moved it.

Also this is a thread for IDEAS that you wish to explore and mesh out further with further opinion, so please avoid turning your posts into an advertisement for a future thread. You can always ask more direct advice via the cafe when you have begun writing and struggling with certain areas (So again this sub forum isn't your personal advertising space).

~ Zephyr Flare

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy

Renegade
That part in platinum with Distortion world. What would have happened if those two worlds collided. My guess they would create a new world with Giratina as ruler. What do you think about that fic idea.

Yeah, thats not really a fic idea.

First of all, What two worlds?

Why would they create a whole new world?

Why would Giratina rule it?

Are you going to expand on it and make it into a story?

Janovy

Banned
Yeah, thats not really a fic idea.

First of all, What two worlds?

Why would they create a whole new world?

Why would Giratina rule it?

Are you going to expand on it and make it into a story?

Two worlds are Earth and Distortion World. They wold make an entirely new dimension if they crashed they wouldn't destroy each other.

Giratina would be the ruler because the new dimension is combination of Distortion World and Earth. It would be something like in Mystery Dungeon 2. There is no light. Its always dark. Time has stopped. Dialga and Palkia have been overpowered by Giratina so they have no influence on this world.

Giratina is the ultimate being, besides Arceus who is still in sleep.

My fic would talk about people that have to survive in the new environment. But finally, they decide to do something against it.

Last edited:

Yami Ryu

Two worlds are Earth and Distortion World. They wold make an entirely new dimension if they crashed they wouldn't destroy each other.

How would two worlds crashing into eachother not destroy one another? How would two dimensions being forced together, not explode into nothingness? And how, if nothing terribly apocalyptic-esque bad happened, would things combine? What would happen? What would be lost, what would be gained? How would the worlds change? Merge? Shape? How would the new dimension even be stable?

You're just doing the It's cause I say so excuse without even having plot points- if stealthed, around at hand.

Giratina would be the ruler because the new dimension is combination of Distortion World and Earth.

Why Giratina? Are Dialga, Palkia, and other Demi-god/God pokemon utterly pathetic and powerless in his presence? Does he inspire awe and fear in them, that they bow and became his servants with no outcry. Did he kill them. Did they ceast to exist. What.

It would be something like in Mystery Dungeon 2. There is no light. Its always dark. Time has stopped. Dialga and Palkia have been overpowered by Giratina so they have no influence on this world.

Well now you explain- you're basically stealing the plot of a game, taking a because it says so so I say so too, excuse, and put it into work. Why/How does this darkness cause Dialga and Palkia to be overpowered- how does time stop. How does Giratina have so much power?

Who is still Asleep. And where are you coming from that Giratina is Arceus's equal? Is it for plot purposes, just because you say so? Is Giratina doing this to spite Arceus? Why?

My fic would talk about people that have to survive in the new environment. But finally, they decide to do something against it.

Do something about it.

And How. You have Giratina as an Absolute God, on par with Arceus, and if Arceus is based off a God of Creation- Giratina would be on par with being a God of Destruction/Chaos/Havoc/Devistation/etc etc etc...

So how could mere mortals even dream of doing anything?

Or would it be like The Big Boom

I gotta agree with Yami Ryu. Now in the near-nonexistant possibility that did happen time stopped, okay.Palkia controls time. He gets overpowered so time stopped. Wouldn't everything freeze up without time?
Dialga and Palkia have been overpowered by Giratina
If time freezes, wouldn't something happen to space when Giratina overpowers Palkia? Space basically means matter. So everything would get a big glitch or something like that. It's just...weird.
In my view, in ascending order of power, Arceus, Giratina, Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai and Cresselia go like this:
Arceus
Darkrai
Dialga/Palkia/Giratina
Cresselia

Last edited:

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
^Why should Darkrai be greater than the trio? o.o

If that was the case, he'd pummel Cresselia to nothingness every time they decide to have an argument. Sort of kills the point of having a rivalry.

Also, Dialga = Representative of Time, Palkia = Representative of Space

I think you got that mixed up.

That's mighty responsible of him.

There is no light. Its always dark. Time has stopped. Dialga and Palkia have been overpowered by Giratina so they have no influence on this world.

Why is it always dark? You mix black paint and white paint, you get grey paint, unless the white paint was already dry. In that case, it would be the Distortion World crashing into Earth. So we have this evil plot for Giratina to take over the undistorted world by crashing his world into that world, tainting everything (or rather, 'distorting' everything) with its Giratinity.

This somehow overpowers Dialga and Palkia (who are assumably Arceus' servants) which is pretty rough on the edges when left unexplained. It becomes even rougher when you leave the other legendaries (who amount to quite a big number) out of the equation. I understand that Giratina is probably on a higher plane than the rest of the legendaries (except for Arceus) in regards to power/importance, but surely, the full scale combined effort of 15 or so Legendary Pokemon is enough to at least be somewhat of a resistance already against him?

And if the Legendaries are unable to take care of it, aren't humans and their ordinary Pokemon going to have a much harder (if borderline impossible) time taking care of him? :/

Janovy

Banned
^Why should Darkrai be greater than the trio? o.o

If that was the case, he'd pummel Cresselia to nothingness every time they decide to have an argument. Sort of kills the point of having a rivalry.

Also, Dialga = Representative of Time, Palkia = Representative of Space

I think you got that mixed up.

That's mighty responsible of him.
Why is it always dark? You mix black paint and white paint, you get grey paint, unless the white paint was already dry. In that case, it would be the Distortion World crashing into Earth. So we have this evil plot for Giratina to take over the undistorted world by crashing his world into that world, tainting everything (or rather, 'distorting' everything) with its Giratinity.

This somehow overpowers Dialga and Palkia (who are assumably Arceus' servants) which is pretty rough on the edges when left unexplained. It becomes even rougher when you leave the other legendaries (who amount to quite a big number) out of the equation. I understand that Giratina is probably on a higher plane than the rest of the legendaries (except for Arceus) in regards to power/importance, but surely, the full scale combined effort of 15 or so Legendary Pokemon is enough to at least be somewhat of a resistance already against him?

And if the Legendaries are unable to take care of it, aren't humans and their ordinary Pokemon going to have a much harder (if borderline impossible) time taking care of him? :/

Who said I'm leaving the other legendaries out. They all have their role. And I wasn't thinking that time has stopped then its unstable.

Arceus is in sleep so its unable to help other people. If Arceus awakes he will probably do something to separate the both worlds.

Dialga and Palkia have lost their powers as they are weak considering that time and space are unstable in this new world.

And what if people and Pokemon decide to do something, like lets go and awake Arceus. And legendaries like Cresselia and Darkrai will also
have their role but they are not that mighty as Giratina.

This is a fictional story. The two worlds don't have to destroy each other because I can do whatever I want.(Its a fiction)

Last edited:

Yami Ryu

Well then if it's so easy to defeat Giratina, Giratina must never have read 100 things to do as an evil Overlord.

The two worlds don't have to destroy each other because I can do whatever I want.

And I could turn the world upside down, have the earth inside out, have water in the sky and sky in the water and etc. But I don't, why? Because it's just silly and stupid. You're idea isn't, but with how your presenting it is, from what you said it seamlessly blends together without much trouble and strife, aside of what Giratina causes. You don't hint if the world becomes broken and tattered if like the other world in platinum, you don't hint if things are broken, or if reality is broken. You didn't really explain why or how the two pokegods are weaker, and leaving out the others you somewhat hinted as if they hadn't done anything.

You're not really giving out a detailed idea, or world to work with. It's sketchy at best and there's to much that doesn't really add up or make sense. The Cause I say so excuse can work for a time, but only if you have real plot backing it up and don't want to reveal it. But so far I can't really see much of a plot, or a story outside a generic PMD esque thing, that's not even original as you admited yourself you basically took the plot, put it in the normal poke`verse, and replaced the all pokemon crew with mortal pokemon and humans.

I mean just because a game is entertaining and fun doesn't mean it'd make as good a story, or movie. It's not always the case.

What we're trying to point out is, your story is basically just bare bones of opressed good vs opressing evil force that nothing can fight except for a sleeping god.

Janovy

Banned
Well then if it's so easy to defeat Giratina, Giratina must never have read 100 things to do as an evil Overlord.

And I could turn the world upside down, have the earth inside out, have water in the sky and sky in the water and etc. But I don't, why? Because it's just silly and stupid. You're idea isn't, but with how your presenting it is, from what you said it seamlessly blends together without much trouble and strife, aside of what Giratina causes. You don't hint if the world becomes broken and tattered if like the other world in platinum, you don't hint if things are broken, or if reality is broken. You didn't really explain why or how the two pokegods are weaker, and leaving out the others you somewhat hinted as if they hadn't done anything.

You're not really giving out a detailed idea, or world to work with. It's sketchy at best and there's to much that doesn't really add up or make sense. The Cause I say so excuse can work for a time, but only if you have real plot backing it up and don't want to reveal it. But so far I can't really see much of a plot, or a story outside a generic PMD esque thing, that's not even original as you admited yourself you basically took the plot, put it in the normal poke`verse, and replaced the all pokemon crew with mortal pokemon and humans.

I mean just because a game is entertaining and fun doesn't mean it'd make as good a story, or movie. It's not always the case.

What we're trying to point out is, your story is basically just bare bones of opressed good vs opressing evil force that nothing can fight except for a sleeping god.

OK. I guess you are right. I need more time. This idea is lame :confused:

Yami Ryu

No idea is outright lame- every idea needs work. Thought. Growth. But not given these, like anything it'll wither and well then yes, it will be lame. You have a somewhat good idea for a story. A dark malicious force; encompassing the world and snuffing out light and everything good. What is left is weakened, bitterly clinging to hope, life, their powers. Feeling lost and abandoned for as the world decays and falls apart, still Arceus slumbers on, as if without a care for what it created.

It's not always the plot, but how you tell it, that makes or breaks a story.

Work on that, and your plot and what we pointed out- and it'll be decent probably.

Janovy

Banned
No idea is outright lame- every idea needs work. Thought. Growth. But not given these, like anything it'll wither and well then yes, it will be lame. You have a somewhat good idea for a story. A dark malicious force; encompassing the world and snuffing out light and everything good. What is left is weakened, bitterly clinging to hope, life, their powers. Feeling lost and abandoned for as the world decays and falls apart, still Arceus slumbers on, as if without a care for what it created.

It's not always the plot, but how you tell it, that makes or breaks a story.

Work on that, and your plot and what we pointed out- and it'll be decent probably.

Thanks Yami Ryu. I will work more on it.
Hope it will turn out in a decent fic.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
This is a random idea I wanted to bounce off somebody before I got too into it. It may be too standard, I dunno.

So we start out with a dreamy 'leap before you look' kind of hero/heroine. S/he comes from a normal kind of place (for the Pokemon world, anyhow) and is a huge fan of TV shows, movies, and comics that glamorize the travels of Pokemon Trainers. S/he decides that s/he wants to be one of those glamorous Trainers, but his/her parents say no. Probably because they know about his/her chances being slim for success.

But the kid decides to run off and becomes a stowaway on a ship. The captain is amused by the kid's plan, saying he was like that as his/her age. So he drops the kid off in the Jasper region at the town where the Professor lives. The kid's very excited, but not certain of where to go, checks with the Pokecenter. The nurse seems worried, but goes ahead and tells him/her where the Professor's lab is.

Then s/he meets Professor Ned. Now Ned is a batty kind of guy. He won't do any work unless everything is just so, then works for days on end without coming out of his lab. The hero/heroine starts becoming worried, but offers to work as Ned's assistant. Ned agrees and puts the kid to completing apparently meaningless tasks.

Eventually, the hero/heroine starts hinting that, say, wouldn't it be nice if somebody took a Pokedex and went out to catalogue all of the Pokemon that lived in Jasper? Subtle hints don't work on Ned, but the message gets through and he likes the idea. He agrees to set the kid up with all the things necessary to become a traveling researcher.

At the very last minute, he finally remembers the starter Pokemon. The hero/heroine hopes for a choice of three, but then is simply given one. This Pokemon is apparently Ned's special bioengineering project. He gives the kid a strange warning about the starter, then sends him/her off on a journey that is anything but glamorous.

The starter is one of my fakemon and is so for a specific reason. The readers know as much about the Pokemon as the main character does, which is almost nothing. The warning is to not let it set itself on fire, as it's a Grass type, but eventually gains a secondary Fire type. It's a flowery sort, which means it would match a girl, but would be funny with a guy. The journey will likely be a failure as far as Gyms go, but hey, that's how most unwritten journeys go, right? I'm thinking no legendaries, but maybe a disappointment in that lack.

Any kind of comment is welcome.

Janovy

Banned
OK guys. Ive thought about my idea more and I decided to expand it a little.
It will be easier like this:

1. Giratina was once a good Pokemon, a creature that was helping other beings. But as he got stronger it started to abuse its power and to attack the others.

2. Arceus used Judgment upon Giratina creating Platinum Orb from which Distortion World was created. The orb also affected Giratina changing its form in its environment. After that, Arceus fell asleep for 1000 years leaving the world in the hands of Dialga and Palkia.

3. Sealed in Distortion World, Giratina was feeling lonely. Time passed as Giratina's rage started building inside of it. The Platinum Orb was an object that was full of energy. It was somehow special connected to Giratina. As Giratina enraged the Orb started cracking creating a small portal into the world of humans and Pokemon.

4. Because of Cyrus's actions the portal was getting bigger. Soon it was so large that Giratina was able to get out. Dialga and Palkia saw that humans were in danger and used all their powers to stop the portal that opening even more as it would crash with the normal world.

5. Even with the help of the lake trio, Darkrai, Cresselia, Regigigas the portal became unstable expanding through the whole planet.

6. A new world has been created. A world where Giratina is free. Dialga and Palkia have weakened since they used their powers to stop the portal from expanding. Arceus, the creator is unaware of this horrible situation since its in a long sleep for 1000 years after Judgment.

7. Humans are also scared as they are in an unexplored world. A world where sun doesn't come out. Where time passes much longer during the instability
factory of time. A world unknown to them.

So what do you think. Does it need more information. I will accept any advices. And don't be mad with this 1000 years thing after Judgment as its just my idea.

Janovy

Banned
Ysavvryl that's kinda of good idea....but then who reads kinda good...but if it is made in to a fic it could be pretty good with some more plot added.But fakemon fics annoy me.Ben pokemon its a good idea in thory...but lots could go bad...

Like what?

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Like what?

Like the fact that you were more than willingful to drop the fic once Yami Ryu thrashed it, and then gladly picked it up again once she started "praising it".
You don't honestly think hard on fics, you just have random thoughts and ideas.

If everytime I tried to write an idea, theory, or random adventure story that popped in my mind I would have dropped over thrity fics this year alone...

asperger1981

good reader
I've got one.

1-You take one of most powerful, ruthless, and twisted creatures you can imagine (a shadow giratina, dark Samus, Ted Bundy, etc)

2-Make it suffer some sort of disaster (specially by its own hand, or whatever it has)

3-Use the previous incident as a excuse to turn you intended victim into the most pathethic creature you can imagine (the pokemon unknown, a talking book, a brain in jar attached to the last thing you might want as a supervillans thug, a toy for preschoolers, a citric-based batery, etc)

4-Make your subject react to its situation in the most ridiculous, melodramatic, and comically satisfying way.

Any similarity a certain videogame not available in nintendo platforms, isn't a coincidence, ladies and gentleman.

P.D: For further information=

A-In the recent years, I have had the chance of both playing Playstation 2 games as well as the ones on Nintendo DS, so I had to thank that for having a really wide gaming experience.

B-The game I mention is on the earlier system, and here is a link for it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makai_Kingdom
;010;

Janovy

Banned
Well It is just an idea. I already have job on my other two fics. I just wanted too see how will you react and what do you think?

Yami Ryu

The irony is I wasn't really praising it too 8D

Work on wording.

1. Giratina was once a good Pokemon, a creature that was helping other beings. But as he got stronger it started to abuse its power and to attack the others.
Alright- fair enough in your world it was a good pokemon. That corrupted from his power. But it just doesn't really fit- Giratina was a nice helpful pokemon, and then randomly became corrupted by how strong he was? Hopefully you'd delve into the pokemon's mind a bit more than making it so shallow.

2. Arceus used Judgment upon Giratina creating Platinum Orb from which Distortion World was created.

Creating the Platinum Orb.

And imediately Arceus judged Giratina? No talking, no trying to persuade to be better? Change its evil ways?

The orb also affected Giratina changing its form in its environment. After that, Arceus fell asleep for 1000 years leaving the world in the hands of Dialga and Palkia.

Now this seems somewhat I dunno. A thousand years hints that it's recent- but it feels like Giratina's been in the other world, far longer than a thousand years. I mean to an immortal, a thousand years would be like a blink of an eye, wouldn't it?

Janovy

Banned
No, I'm not saying Giratina was in the world 1000 years Giratina succeeded to flee but Arceus is still asleep. It can only be awaken with the Azure Flute.

And also, Arceus gave a second chance to Giratina but when it saw that Giratina wasn't changing at all and it was abusing the power with which it was gifted, Arceus decided to punish Giratina sealing it in to the Distortion World.

The environment is similar to Distortion World as it keeps Giratina in its Origin form. In the same time Pokemon are affected by a strange virus that quickly starts to spread.