• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fic ideas V.2

Aura Master

Smell of Success
Chagen...i dont know about that....i guess you could try it ....

"Anaklusia", a made-up feminine version for the Greek word for "riptide".

Riptide...I lol'd when i saw this... have you ever read the Percy Jackson and the Olympian Series?

The main character uses a sword called Riptide and also called something else that starts with an A.

just wondering

Chagen46

Hell Crasher
Chagen...i dont know about that....i guess you could try it ....

Riptide...I lol'd when i saw this... have you ever read the Percy Jackson and the Olympian Series?

The main character uses a sword called Riptide and also called something else that starts with an A.

just wondering

Yeah, I got the name from Percy Jackson and the Olympians.

The sword's name was "Anaklusmos", by the way.

Yami Ryu

And one hell of an eccentric one at that. She wants to be a christian, and isn't weak to holy things like Lucius is. She claims it's because of a certain artifact, but Lucius doesn't believe her.

I don't believe her either- even Reaper has it that all demons, and fallen angels will go poof if in a church. And the only one powerful enough to even get near enough, power wise? The devil. Hands down.

I can understand a demon/fallen angel wanting to be forgive/redemed, but randomly wanting to be a christian? With magic item that prevents death?

Moving on, Lucius really got the short straw. Despite being half-demon (technically an Incubus, because he's a male) and half-human, he's no stronger than the average human, and is weak to holy things. He can, due to studying, use fire magic, but his skills aren't fully developed yet. Due to being a half-Incubus, he can make any woman fall in love with him, but he can't control this, so he's basically a walking chick magnet. (A trait which liked at first, but became slowly aggravating) His final ability is the ability to speak to pokemon

Actually due to being half human, it should be the power is somewhat toned down so while the girls fall for him, they aren't trying to rape him. As a Succubus is basically a demon that can seduce you out of your soul. Sex is just the fun bonus. And he can speak to pokemon? Lolwhat? Can all demons do this or is this a special halfling talent. And why should he care if girls go for him- he's half demon. He could feast on their mortal souls or some crap.

Anyway, he was about to go get his first pokemon, when he was kidnapped by a religious cult and forced to watch bad christian movies and listen to the entire bible being read aloud to him.

Um why. That's not how demons get purged out of bodies, or sent back to hell. I mean if this is an attempt at humor this is severely lacking. And bad Christian movies ... do you mean Veggie Tales? By all means anything forced to watch that would be punished enough. And I think you misunderstand about the power in the bible- and that it's not just 'Christian'. There's Catholic and other things too. And the fact it's not the Bible that would hurt him, but the faith in the words or the words that would send a demon back to hell.

He finally escaped when a girl busts him out for no particular reason at all, only stating that she felt like it. When they left the cult's church, she introduced herself as Lusia, though her real name would technically be "Anaklusia", a made-up feminine version for the Greek word for "riptide". SHe claims to be a government spy in training, but was kicked out due to her incompetence.

'Made up fem name meaning Riptide', why not just say, it's a made up name, inspired by the Greek word meaning Riptide. And no paticular reason at all? You mean there's no side plot for her? No schemes?

Then, Lusia reveals something really bad, Lucius was kidnapped from Sinnoh, and taken all the way to Kanto.

So was he knocked out for the entire trip? Cause that would have to be a good five hours of travel, if not more.

Now, he has to get back to his family, but when the two learn about the mysterious artifact that got rid of Lucius's mom's weakness to holy things, the two set a crash course to Hoenn to find it!

Um you know there are talismans supposed to help protect you from evil spirits and such. But half of it is your mind power/will power/faith in it protecting you .. there's no lol get out of free jail card, from God's Wrath. You have to earn it- not find something that just gives you special protection.

And is Lusia a demon to or half demon or is she some normal chick that has a fetish for demons.

That would be difficult, but Lusia has two pokemon, a Scizor and a Gardevoir, and Lucuis rescues two pokemon from the cult's storage, A Lucario, and a Porygon-Z. Now the duo shall set sail for Hoenn!

Um why would a relegious cult have pokemon slaves? .... Lucius is a demon. Why not steal them.

That is, if their annoying rival, Baxter, the remains of that cult, or Team Galactic doesn't stop them.......

I don't see why Team Galactic would care about them- or how Lucius would have picked up a rival, if any, during any of these events.

To be honest I can't tell if you're being serious or jerking our chains with this.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Okay, I just came up with a strange idea for a fic. It's called "One Hell of a Demonic Journey", is rated pg-13, and is a Action/Adventure/Comedy fic.

Lucius (real name Lucifer, actually) seems like a normal guy. That is, until you here about his f-ed backstory.

His mom is a Succubus, A.K.A a She-Demon.

And one hell of an eccentric one at that. She wants to be a christian, and isn't weak to holy things like Lucius is. She claims it's because of a certain artifact, but Lucius doesn't believe her.

Moving on, Lucius really got the short straw. Despite being half-demon (technically an Incubus, because he's a male) and half-human, he's no stronger than the average human, and is weak to holy things. He can, due to studying, use fire magic, but his skills aren't fully developed yet. Due to being a half-Incubus, he can make any woman fall in love with him, but he can't control this, so he's basically a walking chick magnet. (A trait which liked at first, but became slowly aggravating) His final ability is the ability to speak to pokemon

Anyway, he was about to go get his first pokemon, when he was kidnapped by a religious cult and forced to watch bad christian movies and listen to the entire bible being read aloud to him. He finally escaped when a girl busts him out for no particular reason at all, only stating that she felt like it. When they left the cult's church, she introduced herself as Lusia, though her real name would technically be "Anaklusia", a made-up feminine version for the Greek word for "riptide". SHe claims to be a government spy in training, but was kicked out due to her incompetence.

Then, Lusia reveals something really bad, Lucius was kidnapped from Sinnoh, and taken all the way to Kanto. Now, he has to get back to his family, but when the two learn about the mysterious artifact that got rid of Lucius's mom's weakness to holy things, the two set a crash course to Hoenn to find it!

That would be difficult, but Lusia has two pokemon, a Scizor and a Gardevoir, and Lucuis rescues two pokemon from the cult's storage, A Lucario, and a Porygon-Z. Now the duo shall set sail for Hoenn!

That is, if their annoying rival, Baxter, the remains of that cult, or Team Galactic doesn't stop them.......

Oh please...
At least tell me you studied about Incubus and Succubbus before you thought about this! :S

Here, let a mythology expert tell you all about what you just did...

First, calling a Succubus a "she-demon" is incredibly incorrect, since you make it seem like she is the female version for demons, whilst there are many other feminine demons.

Second, a Succubus is a demon in the form of a woman who has sex with men and woman at night, and while she does get impregnated, the offspring is purely human, but is born as a wizard/witch.

An incubus is exactly the same, but only the demon is a man.
It has sex with man and woman at night, and those whom he impregnates give birth to, again, human wizards/witches.

So it is impossible for a half Succubus half Human being to exist.
At most, they will just be humans with demonic powers.

Also, the belief that demons are afraid of "holy things" is purely christian, though you might as well work with that since its so often mentioned and basically taken as truth these days.

But I find it hypocritical, since Succubus and Incubus are older than christianity.

Chagen46

Hell Crasher
Oh please...
At least tell me you studied about Incubus and Succubbus before you thought about this! :S

Here, let a mythology expert tell you all about what you just did...

First, calling a Succubus a "she-demon" is incredibly incorrect, since you make it seem like she is the female version for demons, whilst there are many other feminine demons.

Second, a Succubus is a demon in the form of a woman who has sex with men and woman at night, and while she does get impregnated, the offspring is purely human, but is born as a wizard/witch.

An incubus is exactly the same, but only the demon is a man.
It has sex with man and woman at night, and those whom he impregnates give birth to, again, human wizards/witches.

So it is impossible for a half Succubus half Human being to exist.
At most, they will just be humans with demonic powers.

Also, the belief that demons are afraid of "holy things" is purely christian, though you might as well work with that since its so often mentioned and basically taken as truth these days.

But I find it hypocritical, since Succubus and Incubus are older than christianity.

I know I'm breaking some rules here, but I'll explain:

I referred to Succubus' as "she-demons" because I once read something that referred to them as such.

As for the impossibility of a Half-Succubus, Half-Human being to exist, many of the characters that know Lucius take note of that, and one of the major sub-plot's is Lucius and Lusia trying to find out why Lucius is the way he is.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
I know I'm breaking some rules here, but I'll explain:

I referred to Succubus' as "she-demons" because I once read something that referred to them as such.

As for the impossibility of a Half-Succubus, Half-Human being to exist, many of the characters that know Lucius take note of that, and one of the major sub-plot's is Lucius and Lusia trying to find out why Lucius is the way he is.

So, people know he's a half demon and comment on it?

Personally, if people knew he was half demon they would do two things:
-Run away from him, or
-Burn him at the stake.

Not comment on how it is impossible for him to be what he is.

Oh, and before I forget, Succubus and Incubus hold no seduction power whatsoever. They are purely rapists.
There is no way in hell (stupid pun intended) that he would have the pwoers to be a walking chick magnet.
And even if they had those powers, Incubus rape both men and woman, and in your logic they would be able to seduce both men and woman.
So, he wouldn't be a walking chick magnet, more like a walking sex magnet.

I'd appreciate not being dragged into flame attacks thank you. This is a thread for fic ideas to get them meshed out and whacked into shape, not personal preservation to shelter your ego.

At least it went back on topic eesh.

Sandra

Janovy

Banned
I planned this as one-shot where all Ash's friends come together to help him to bring back his memories.

After an huge accident, Ash suffered from serious injuries and was transported to Pallet town for the recovery. Soon it was discovered that Ash suffers from a serious amnesia as he forgot everything from his mother to his friends and Pokemon. He finds himself face to face with an unknown creature to him who used to be his buddy. Without his memories, Ash wonders around Pallet Town, the place it all began. Will he regain his memories?

niedude

Don't forget to grin
I planned this as one-shot where all Ash's friends come together to help him to bring back his memories.

After an huge accident, Ash suffered from serious injuries and was transported to Pallet town for the recovery. Soon it was discovered that Ash suffers from a serious amnesia as he forgot everything from his mother to his friends and Pokemon. He finds himself face to face with an unknown creature to him who used to be his buddy. Without his memories, Ash wonders around Pallet Town, the place it all began. Will he regain his memories?

Didn't you already post this idea?

if not, then I'm having a total deja vu, cause I already read this and choose not to comment because its just another of your endless fic ideas that have a start thought out and the rest of the fic is still unplanned.

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
I thought of a Final Fantasy VII fic called "-Erratic Conspiracy- Final Fantasy VII". It takes place 7 years after Dirge of Cerberus, and Denzel is finally old enough to join the World Regenesis Organization. However, when an attempt at killing Rufus Shinra, the benefactor of the WRO, fails, Denzel is sent to discover who is scheming against the Planet along with a small group of allies.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
I thought of a Final Fantasy VII fic called "-Erratic Conspiracy- Final Fantasy VII". It takes place 7 years after Dirge of Cerberus, and Denzel is finally old enough to join the World Regenesis Organization. However, the Sephiroth Clones that were MIA have returned. When an attempt at killing Rufus Shinra, the benefactor of the WRO, fails, Denzel is sent to discover who is scheming against the Planet along with a small group of allies.

You just said who was scheming against the planet, the sephiroth clones.
This just seems like a cliched attempt to reform an FF7 fanfic, reusing the same plot for the third time.

If you want FF fans to read it, you may want it to be more than same old- same old Cloud is omnislashing another sephiroth thing.

Truly Deceptive

Yeah, but I edited that out, and it's Sephiroth CLONES, not the same old Sephiroth, plus the hero this time is DENZEL.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Yeah, but I edited that out, and it's Sephiroth CLONES, not the same old Sephiroth, plus the hero this time is DENZEL.

Its still the same plot line from Advent Children, which is basically just a recycled plot line from the original series.
Either make a new story in the same universe, or don't do anything. Because what you have been doing is what FF7 fans have been doing for 12 years.

Uke

...Eh?...
A young man is on a journey through Johto, keeping a very low profile as he does so. He saves a young trainer and her Cleffa from danger, and offers the girl a chance to travel with him.

...That's all I got so far. *feels pitiful*

Truly Deceptive

to niedude:
Fine, I'll twist the plot a bit.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
A young man is on a journey through Johto, keeping a very low profile as he does so. He saves a young trainer and her Cleffa from danger, and offers the girl a chance to travel with him.

...That's all I got so far. *feels pitiful*

to niedude:
Fine, I'll twist the plot a bit.

I'll try not be rude, but I think there's no way of not being somewhat rude saying this.

You have no idea what it means to be a true writer.
Don't try to write with just what you have, because you barely have an idea of what you are going to write.

Pokelegend, you have a rip off of what already happened in the game and then again in the movie.

And Uke, while you knowing you should be ashamed makes me feel like there might be hope, you barely have the outline plot for half of a first chapter.
The first chapter, at most.

And if you go ahead with it, try to explain why he has a "Hi, nice to meet you perfect stranger, wanna travel with me in a journey through dark forests and wet caves(pun intended)?" and yet still be alone in his journey.

Yami Ryu

View Post

Why is he keeping a low profile? How does he save the trainer? And from what? Why does she just have a cleffa- and why does the girl accept his offer? How old is he compared to the girl, what is his past and background? Does it tie into why he's keeping a low profile? What would cause the girl to choose to go with a man who could be dangerous and she doesn't know it?

Expand upon this and other things and you might have the beginings of a unique story- but you need to flush out the characters, their history, actions and future. You also need to develop more of a plot.

Uke

...Eh?...
Okay, I thought of more.

The man is an infamous Pokemon Hunter, who used to capture wild or tamed Pokemon to get his paycheck. He is on the run from the police, and he starts his life anew in Johto with his Spearow. The nineteen-year-old is searching for a Dunsparce in the Dark Cave when he runs into a naive sixteen-year-old girl. The girl has a Cleffa as her starter, yet she has no idea how to be a trainer at all.

She doesn't know how to throw a pokeball correctly. She doesn't know how to feed her pokemon. The girl is saved from a Geodude by the ex-hunter, and she offers him to travel with her and teach her how to become a better trainer. At first, the ex-hunter refuses. Yet, the girl also offers to pay him for his services everytime they reach a new city. The hunter figures out that this clueless girl is the daughter of a rich salesman, he quickly takes up the task of training her and taking care of her.

Yami Ryu

The man is an infamous Pokemon Hunter, who used to capture wild or tamed Pokemon to get his paycheck. He is on the run from the police, and he starts his life anew in Johto with his Spearow.

Ok the thing is, Hunter usually means, hunt things, and usually that means legally. What you're talking about is more of a poacher or theif. But what is his personality? I mean it doesn't really seem to match up- he's a mostly ace theif, as he'd had to have been to steal tame pokemon, and a decent poacher to nab others. Then why become a trainer? As most have it you have to have lisences and etc, and all that.

She doesn't know how to throw a pokeball correctly. She doesn't know how to feed her pokemon.

Ok no offense but how did the girl remain such a brainless twit? Does she have an extreme case of ADD? Has she been living in a box? With Pokemon I suspect that one knows how to do all these things, and then some by the age of ten. And NOT know HOW to FEED a pokemon? Christ I had the responsibility of helping out with the animals at the tender age of 8ish. Even younger when I would raid the fridge at five and I'd have my doggy acomplice there with me ready to accept any offerings of food I didn't want.

You have her unamazingly stupid but no reason for us as to why- and you don't explain it here.

The girl is saved from a Geodude by the ex-hunter, and she offers him to travel with her and teach her how to become a better trainer. At first, the ex-hunter refuses. Yet, the girl also offers to pay him for his services everytime they reach a new city. The hunter figures out that this clueless girl is the daughter of a rich salesman, he quickly takes up the task of training her and taking care of her.

Wouldn't that be dangerous? If the rich man thinks the guy's taking advantage of the air head? Or ripping his daughter off? Or anything? And wouldn't that also possibly bring him into the chance to be noticed- tbh with how stupid you have the girl I'd more believe it the guy felt so guilty about leaving such a dense girl alone, that he'd offer to teach her how to be better, atleast untill the next town and for some reason she won't bugger off much to his annoyance after that. But you know can't leave her alone or the Cleffa and her would both starve and he'd be wanted for secondary manslaughter or something like that.

Uke

...Eh?...
I like the idea of our Hunter just feeling pity for our stupid girl and her Cleffa. He started off as a trainer in his old region, yet became a thief after he saw that he wasn't having fun. He wasn't amused by just going around and collecting badges. So, he become a thief. He moved to Johto to restart, even if he finds collecting badges to be boring.

Also, the girl is stupid. She is meant to be a clumsy idiot that just gets on our hero's nerves. She grew up in a sheltered enviroment. She never was upset because she always got what she wanted thanks to her rich parents. When she wanted to become a trainer, she thought that everything would come her way like always.

Any ideas on names? I like Hunter for our hero and Amy for the stupid heroine.