• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fic ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Yamato-san said:
I've got some ideas to do when I complete Pocket Monsters Chronicles. However, I'm a bit reluctant to post them here. How can I trust no one will steal my ideas? How can I be sure no one will call ME a rip-off? Sure, these posts are here, and on a sticky thread no less, but this forum has deleted itself plenty of times in the past.

You have got a point. I got an idea for a a fic. Well, actually, it is a saga, and this is going to be a very long one. I want to put it up, because I think it would be one of the best stories here. I hope I don't sound too arrogant or cocky saying that, but I am very ambitious, and this would be an amazing fic once I get it "underway" so to speak. I want to post it here, but I think someone might steal my idea. Is there a way that we could PM someone, and they could help us out and make sure that no one will steal our ideas?

Orange_Flaaffy

Jello Pokéballs
On the internet you are going to run the risk of someone stealing your ideas no matter what you do, even if your idea is already written as a story. It's a sad fact but true, copyright on the internet is a hard thing to hold onto, even if you are only playing in another persons world by writing fanfic. Posting stories on the internet is pretty much a leap of faith that even the best mods cannot keep watch over all the time, as someone could just take a story written here and post it in another place far removed from these forums. When it comes down to it you just have to believe in the fact that most people here are nice honest people, which is true I think:).

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Alright then, I am going to give it a shot. I am planning to do a "HHHHHHUUUUUGGGGEEEEEE saga. I when I am saying huge, I mean huge. The plot actually follows the video games, starting with Red/Green. The main character of the first one is is Ash(not the anime Ash mind you, he is really more like Red from the Manga), and it pretty muc follows the video game with a lot of manga parts, with a few more added things. I know that a lot of you are probably thinking that this is going to be stupid or something like that, but believe, it isn't. I have something that no one has ever thougt of to end the series(which doesn't end with Red and his journey, I'll let you think about that part) and I think that it will be awesome. If anyone wants to know more, either PM me, or ask me to post more here. Share your thoughts on this if you will.

Would this be a good fic?

Title: (I need to think)

Plot: Chad is a normal kid, unless you think being captain of hs football team is not normal. He always wanted to go on a Pokemon journey. But, his mother won't let him, and hsi mother always wins (seems real). He gets a phone call from his dad, Steven Stone, to go to the new region, the S.W.E region, and begin his journey. Chad's mother argues over the phone, but she doesn't win against Steven. Chad arrives at Lilycove City and his dad takes CHad to the new region, and lets him start a journey of his own.

What do ya think?

Iveechan

<--- CHANTASTIC
This is an idea... I may never write it... but it's interesting nontheless.

After training a Glailie, I decided to read the 'dex. To my horror and delight, it says that it freezes its victims and then devours them. And it's about the size of the trainer in the size chart. So my idea, a one-shot, possibly first person, is that a trainer enter Shoal Cave to train or something. Out of nowhere, this HUGE Glaile shoots towards him and freezes him. The trainer is still alive. The Glaile decides to torment its victim and eats him very slowly, limb by limb, savoring its meal and putting the guy through agony. Until I can think of something better, the title will be "Stelios". Which is my game Glailie's name.

S

SnorlaxStampede

Iveechan- Personaly, I think it sounds great, but I have a dark personality and the idea of someone being tormented to death by a pokemon is awsome. Buts thats me personaly.

Now, My Idea...

I haven't done any fics in a while and thought that a good way to get back in would be to write series of short stories called "The Battle Tower Chronicles" wich focus on 1 trainer (diffrent Trainer every story) and one main battle. The Stories would have three parts each: 1) An overly dramatic Intro, 2) A section were all the trainers pokemon (6 not 3) are introduced , 3) An extended 6on6 Battle.

I thought that these would help get me back in the groove, allow me to develope some new characters, and start posting some stuff.

Just an idea.

kingboo30

Dynamo Trainer
I think a Good Idea would be switching with some one on the show.
Thats what mine is gonna be about and one of people starts thinking and acting like the person while the other is the same.

K

KingFirestump

I am extremely critical and will not show any restraint when talking about your work.

may-is-cute: I'd read it if it was on the back of a book, but i need more info to say if it's good or bad.

HellKorn: Post more, right now it sounds dumb

cameronius: Sounds OK. Needs some work though.

Iveechan: Too morbid. It'll get boring if nothing else happens. ex: someone saves him; someone watches it happen etc.

SnorlaxStampede: Slightly more fun than watching the grass grow. Might be better with more info.

C

Champion Kai

Pokemon Revolution

Red graduates from New Pallet Trainer School and he receives a pokedex as a gift,like all the other graduates.
He goes in a quest to becoming a pokemon master with his pal' squirtle,that he fished 5 years earlier with his dad,
who dissapeared after winning the Kanto League

But after winning in Pewter Gym,he has an encounteer with team rocket,and decides to fight against them, red beats the entire team rocket later, after that he gets the rest of the badges and becames the champion, later he starts a quest looking for his father in johto...

how it is?

W

WillowFox

No offense, but that is horribly unoriginal. It seems almost exactly like the games. Besides, I think you're getting ahead of yourself, already planning the sequel...

K

KingFirestump

Champion Kai: Now that is as interesting as watching the grass grow. Totally unoriginal, If it took you more than 10 minutes to think of you're brain dead.

C

Champion Kai

Right,what i posted is unnoriginal but to be honest i have not planned how exactly the TR history will plan,it could give surprises to the readers or even surprise myself, i really dont plan to disband it,also the story will contain a lot of side adventures, one of the firsts starting at chapter 5, the sevii islands may be incluided as soon as i know about all the names of them and...

Oops,givin away lotta spoilers... 8|

See Ya :)

K

KingFirestump

Champion Kai: Hmm... Just try it out and people will tell you how it is. I'll definitely be there if you post it.

M

myname_is_ben

When Ash is kidnapped by Team Ketchum, a trio of crazed Ash fans, two girls are forced to team up on a wild goose chase across the Pokèworld to find him. But these girls aren't just any girls; only the two girls more devoted to Ash than any fan club; May Petalburg and Misty Waters. Can they resolve their rivalry in time to save Ash? Starring May Petalburg, Misty Waters, Ash Ketchum, Toto, Chatsy, and nayana_1120.

I was really writing it at one point, but now I just can't write it anymore. I've been working on another fiction that is non-pokèmon. Anyone who wants that idea can take it. :D
Give me credit, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

HK

Radiance of Shadows
CrobatCatcher said:
HellKorn: Post more, right now it sounds dumb

Uhh, dude, if you haven't noticed, I have already decided to put it up. I already have reviews on it, and I put up chapter 7. All you have to do is look at my sig. I would appreciate if more people would review it though, because I want to know what people like and how to improve it. Just click on the link in my sig and it will take you there.

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
OK. I'm thinking of posting a fic about Harry Potter. It will be called: Harry Potter and the Balance of Nature
Anyways, it will be a comedy. Like Spaceballs! XD
I'm thinking about posting that. What does everyone think?

K

KingFirestump

myname is ben: Even though yer not doing it, I think it's a cool idea. I hope someone writes it (just not I).

HellKorn: Sry, I don't read sigs unless they have interesting pictures. You said to tell you to post more, so I did. I'll review your fic later.

Batesy: :D Sounds really funny. I hardly read the non-pokemon fics, but maybe I'll make an exception for that. Post it soon!

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
Batesy: :D Sounds really funny. I hardly read the non-pokemon fics, but maybe I'll make an exception for that. Post it soon!
Well I need to think about how to start it first...

Status
Not open for further replies.