• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fic Recommendation Thread

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
@The Walrein

Wow, thanks so much for reviving this thread, and for taking the time to provide so many recs. I'm actually familiar with a frightening number of the fics you called out here, but I will definitely check out the ones I haven't read yet. Also, Dear Diary is definitely a subversion of the usual "Chosen One" tropes and therefore maybe not what @diamondpearl876 was looking for in that respect, it's otherwise a story I think she'd quite enjoy. :)

Anyway, as far as your own requests go, for non-parody humor fics, I think "The Best Game" is great! It's a one-shot about Red, Blue, and Leaf and their relationship before they started training. Very cute and funny. And for pokémon POV stories, I'm guessing you've already checked out the pokémon POV contest we had here a few years back (dear God it's been nearly a DECADE???)... but if you haven't, that's a great thread to look at. In particular the first place winner, "Three Heads are Better than One," is worth checking out.