• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fictitious

MotherRussia

ERMAHGERD, MERGIKERP

F I C T I T I O U S

When I first joined the battling community, Whimsicott was in its prime. OU, feared by many people for its amazing ability in Prankster and it's status prowess. Since then, Whimsicott has fallen to RU, forgotten by the upper tiers. I always liked him, and now I've decided to resurrect him. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you- Fictitious!

547.gif

Weasley (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 156 SDef / 100 Def
Careful Nature
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- Taunt
- Memento

Whimisicott is simply amazing. It stops leads in their tracks, forcing them to either attack, be taunted, or switch out. 252 HP/156 SDef/ 100 Def EVs give it the ability to take hits and stay in the game as long as possible. Encore forces a pokemon to use the same move over and over for 3 turns, which is great for forcing switches and switching in my other pokemon safely. Stun Spore cripples sweepers and revenge killers alike, while Taunt stops leads from setting up on me, usually forcing a switch. Now, Memento is usually not on a Whimsicott set, but serves an amazing purpose. When I feel like Whimsicott has used up its usefulness, or I see an opportunity to cripple a sweeper, I Memento, doing two things: lowering the opponents SpAtk and Atk by 2, forcing them to either switch out or continue attacking with such low offensive power. This also gives me a safe switch in. This is where Salamence and Thunurus-T come into play.

196.gif

The Doctor (Espeon) @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Hidden Power (Fire)

Espeon is my other choice as an anti-lead. Magic Bounce ensures that I can get a free entry hazard up when I switch in to one, or that the opponent's lead will switch out. 252 HP makes me as bulky as possible while 252 Speed ensures that I can outrun a large majority of the metagame and set up Screens before I'm attacked. HP Fire takes care of Ferro and Scizor, while Baton Pass lets me safely switch out on Pursuit Scizor and TTar. Her only purpose is to set up screens and stop entry hazards while getting in some damage as well. This gives my sweepers, Salamence and Thundurus-T, a better chance to set up if Whimsicott is down, and benefits the team as a whole.

373.gif

Jack (Salamence) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

After Whimsicott Mementos, I get in a free Dragon Dance. I OHKO or 2HKO a lot of the metagame with +1, and this ensures I get a boost with Moxie. Fire Blast takes out any Ferro, Skarm, or Forr switching in, Outrage is my main STAB, OHKOing most pokemon that don't resist it and usually 2HKOing those that do. Earthquake is for coverage and takes care of pokemon like Jirachi. Salamence has swept countless teams, the only thing stopping him is Mamoswine and Weavile.

212.gif

The Master (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Not much introduction is needed for the famous CB Scizor. With Bullet Punch, Technician, STAB, and CB it is an nice revenge killer. U-Turn for Psychics and safely switching out, Superpower for TTar and steels alike, and pursuit for the Psychics trying to switch out in fear of him. He punches huge holes in most teams and forces a lot of switches.

642-therian.gif

Mickey (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Focus Blast
- Hiddden Power (Ice)
- Thunderbolt

Originally, I had an Elektross here. I had never used Elektross before and wanted to test him out. I quickly realized that I lacked a hard hitting special attacker on the team, and that's when Thundurus-T joined. Modest nature and LO give me as much power as possible, and the max speed gets me just above pokemon like Jirachi, Salamence, and Celebi who have that base 100 speed. Agility boosts my speed to +2, letting me outspeed just about the entire metagame. Focus Blast is for coverage on pokemon like Ferrothorn and Terrakion, HP Ice is for dragons and the Landy formes, and Thunderbolt is my STAB.

485.gif

Donna (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Timid - Flash Fire
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Fire Blast
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Earth Power
-Flame Charge

Heatran is my answer to pesky Fire-types seeking to OHKO Scizor, and my second special sweeper. Heatran forces a lot of switches, and on those switches whereas a regular Heatran would set up Rocks, Donna uses Flame Charge to boost her speed, making her an effective sweeper. Air Balloon is for safe switch-ins on grounds, HP Ice is for dragons and grounds alike, Earth Power is for opposing Heatran, and Fire Blast is my powerful, main STAB. This set is never expected and makes a great sweeper.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

There's my team, any feedback is appreciated. Here's the team if you want to try it out.
Weasley (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 156 SDef / 100 Def
Careful Nature
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- Taunt
- Memento

The Doctor (Espeon) @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Hidden Power (Fire)

Jack (Salamence) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

The Master (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Naive Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Mickey (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Thunderbolt

Donna (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Timid - Flash Fire
-Fire Blast
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Earth Power
-Flame Charge

Last edited:

papayaperson

Mathematician
Whimsicott:
I love Whimsicott too :D He has my favourite ability. I have 3 fully trained. One of mine has U-Turn, but that's because it's on a VoltTurn stall team... Hmm.. I never thought to use it with Stun Spore. Maybe a Wide Lens would be beneficial, because if Stun Spore misses (75% accuracy) it's not hard for a super-effective blow to hurt Whimsicott badly, not to mention it's flimsy defenses won't prevent it that thoroughly. As a lead, Whimsicott will definitely succeed against entry hazard setters like Forretress against defensive teams, but against offensive teams that's a bit iffy.

Espeon:
Dual Screener, which it does effectively. I like it. Considering your team lacks the means of producing Spikes or Toxic Spikes, Magic Bounce is very useful as well. As a Dual Screener it might benefit from a more defensive EV Spread, which would be supported even more by the dual screens. I don't think with Espeon that Speed is as much of a priority as it's defenses. I'd instead give it some EVs in SpA, and then some EVs also put into both defensive stats, but if you prefer to have it outspeed more of the metagame that's up to you.

Salamence:
With an Adamant Nature I think your MoxieMence would much prefer Fire Fang to Fire Blast. I'd give it either a Persim or Lum Berry to recover from Confusion after Outrage. Leftovers aren't needed on an offensive Pokemon like this unless your goal is to keep alive long, in which case I don't see why you wouldn't run defensive EVs and Nature.

I'd mention the other Pokemon, but I have no experience using them and can't really justify anything I say for them.

Scizor:
It's my personal opinion that U-Turn is better kept for faster users but Scizor can use it well enough, I'm sure, albeit it can switch out normally much faster into Salamence or Heatran for Fire-type moves and Salamence for Ground-type moves (being that it's immune). Technician will make Bug Bite even more powerful than U-Turn though, not to mention gives you the boost from their Berry (provided they are holding one). Fury Cutter is often overlooked, but on defensive Pokemon that get STAB, Technician boost, and Choice Band boost on it, it's a deadly move when used 3 or more times consecutively. This is inconvenient sometimes for a revenge killer, though, so that's an iffy choice.

Ludakrix

Legen-waitforit-dary
Salamence wants a naive nature so that it has a chance to OHKO Skarmory and Forretress after rocks

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Whimsicott:

Scizor:
It's my personal opinion that U-Turn is better kept for faster users but Scizor can use it well enough, I'm sure, albeit it can switch out normally much faster into Salamence or Heatran for Fire-type moves and Salamence for Ground-type moves (being that it's immune). Technician will make Bug Bite even more powerful than U-Turn though, not to mention gives you the boost from their Berry (provided they are holding one). Fury Cutter is often overlooked, but on defensive Pokemon that get STAB, Technician boost, and Choice Band boost on it, it's a deadly move when used 3 or more times consecutively. This is inconvenient sometimes for a revenge killer, though, so that's an iffy choice.

Choice Band Scizor practically needs U-Turn. It's its calling card, except for that stupidly powerful Bullet Punch. The ability to scout opposing counters and predict things like Magnezone is invaluable, even more so on a slower Pokemon like Scizor. Plus, U-Turn is an amazing move for momentum. Bug Bite is for SD Scizor and the likes, not for Band or Scarf Scizor.

Also, are you seriously saying that Espeon's Speed doesn't matter? You, sir, have just lost all credibility in my book. Espeon's Speed is 50% of the reason to use it, with the other 50% being Magic Bounce. Why do you think Azelf was the most popular Dual Screens lead last generation? Why has Deoxys-S been the standard of Uber hyper offense teams since its release? The answer? Their Speed.

And Wide Lens on Whimsicott = L0L.

Salamence needs to run a Speed positive nature if it doesn't want to be immediately slaughtered by Scarf Jirachi and Salamence, who beat it 60 and 100% of the time respectively. Also, IIRC he needs a Sp. Atk neutral nature to 2HKO Skarmory with Fire Blast. Run Naive.

Espeon - What the hell do you hit with Shadow Ball that doesn't hit you back? Run Baton Pass to escape from Pursuit Scizor and Tyranitar.

In my opinion Timid Nasty Plot Thundurus-T outperforms Modest Agility, but since you have no revengekiller, your set is fine.

To be honest this team has a lot of problems with Choice Scarf users in general, especially the likes of Landorus-I and Terrakion. Anything that can Speed boost performs similarly, especially after Whimsicott suicides.

Last edited:

tleon

thundy wants timid nature to outspeed + speed nature base 100s maybe hp ice for landorus who wrecks you right now
and to hit dragons harder

mence really wants naive since you are running fire blast

all things considered nice team

Last edited:

MotherRussia

ERMAHGERD, MERGIKERP
I've made the following changes: Salamence now has a Naive nature, Thundy-T has HP Ice over Grass Knot, and Espeon has Baton Pass over Shadow Ball

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Also, are you seriously saying that Espeon's Speed doesn't matter? You, sir, have just lost all credibility in my book. Espeon's Speed is 50% of the reason to use it, with the other 50% being Magic Bounce. Why do you think Azelf was the most popular Dual Screens lead last generation? Why has Deoxys-S been the standard of Uber hyper offense teams since its release? The answer? Their Speed.

Seconded. Speed matters. Speed matters a LOT. I play some BH as well, and that tier is quite literally anything goes (bar Wonder Guard, OHKO moves and Pure/Huge Power, because all were way too centralizing, but are still legal in the regular Hackmons meta). What's my lead? Prankster Deoxys-S. Why? Because what matters in BH is Sporing before you get Spored, dropping your hazards and denying them theirs, and coming up with the better crazy ideas. But really, hazards and Spore win matches. So I use Deoxys-S for literally one reason: IT IS THE FASTEST POKEMON IN THE GAME. Even in OU, speed matters. Deo-S was banned because of its Speed. Even in Ubers, the land of godly power, Deo-S shines as, like Divine said, the standard dual screener for HO. Why? Because NOTHING can outspeed it. You can almost completely guarantee (I say almost because of Offensive T-Tar's Crunch, which OHKOs despite Focus Sash due to the sandstorm, and for Priority leads which I've never once seen bar the occasional Ekiller) both screens with a Sash.

In short, Speed matters. A lot.

That's really all I can see after the changes you've made though, nice team!

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Seconded. Speed matters. Speed matters a LOT. I play some BH as well, and that tier is quite literally anything goes (bar Wonder Guard, OHKO moves and Pure/Huge Power, because all were way too centralizing, but are still legal in the regular Hackmons meta). What's my lead? Prankster Deoxys-S. Why? Because what matters in BH is Sporing before you get Spored, dropping your hazards and denying them theirs, and coming up with the better crazy ideas. But really, hazards and Spore win matches. So I use Deoxys-S for literally one reason: IT IS THE FASTEST POKEMON IN THE GAME. Even in OU, speed matters. Deo-S was banned because of its Speed. Even in Ubers, the land of godly power, Deo-S shines as, like Divine said, the standard dual screener for HO. Why? Because NOTHING can outspeed it. You can almost completely guarantee (I say almost because of Offensive T-Tar's Crunch, which OHKOs despite Focus Sash due to the sandstorm, and for Priority leads which I've never once seen bar the occasional Ekiller) both screens with a Sash.

In short, Speed matters. A lot.

That's really all I can see after the changes you've made though, nice team!
/showoff

I just noticed something. You're running Sp. Def Heatran, but you have no physical wall. In my experience, running a team with only half a defensive core is much less effective than running a team with no defensive core at all, so I'd recommend switching Heatran to a Flame Charge Offensive set.

485.gif

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid - Flash Fire
-Fire Blast
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Earth Power
-Flame Charge

Flame Charge Heatran is such a monster, and nobody ever expects it. Think your Alakazam can outspeed and KO it? Nope. Same goes for Salamence, Dugtrio, Starmie (which needs to take prior damage in order for you to beat), Dragonite, pretty much everything that isn't running a Scarf. The idea is really simple; Heatran forces tons of switches. Usually, on those switches, a normal Heatran throws down Rocks. Instead, you fire off a Flame Charge and scout the incoming Pokemon. Quite often it's something that Heatran can't normally beat because of it's low Speed. Well, now your Speed isn't holding you back anymore, so you're free to kill the switchin. Still hates bulky Waters, but there's really not a hell of a lot Heatran can do about it in the first place. This thing also easily 6-0s your average Sun team.​

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Divine, I'm going to try that out. If it works out, then I will gladly switch it.

It does work. Ever since he showed me that it's been my go-to Heatran set. It's awesome, unless I absolutely NEED a special wall and I'm not running Jellicent (although FerroCent has proven itself to me time and again). It's a great set.

McDanger

As always when i really rip apart a team
blunt stuff first

I`m wondering if i should start with what doesnt 6-0 this team i mean you have nothing to handle keldeo, thunderus, landorus, dragonite, then comes terrakion, scarfed salamence, tornadus, landorus therian, kyurem b, jirachi, sun saur, lucario, garchomp, latios, latias and breloom, who 5/4-0 the team.

Basically the only thing that you have to keep most threats in check is banded scizor. Furthermore, you have 2 anti leads, one being an HO style lead ment to die, basically giving up 2 spots of the team.

I would say to choose between espeon or whimsicott as having 2 leads is a waste of space and makes you weak to so many threats. I would replace the which ever one you choose with a spinner, namely defensive starmie as it can help with keldeo and is a more reliable way to handle hazards.
Next, change salamences set to a choice scarf cause the lack of speed on this team makes me sad, scarf salamence lets you revenge threats like latios, latias, garchomp, dragonite with scales broken, weakend landorus, thunderus (bot as long as they havnt set up) and kyurem b.
You need to keep scizor the keep threats like terrakion and mamoswine in check, but thunderus in all honesty does nothing but add weaknesses as he doesnt bait in physical walls so you have 2 sweepers that dont have support to break they`re respected walls. I suggest bait jirachi as it baits in landorus t, steels, and checks dragons, terrakion, lucario, and ttar.
Lastly you need something to check landorus and thunderus, so i suggest latias as it adds a nice pivot for the genies, as well as another keldeo and terrakion check, plus helps with sun saur and breloom, HOWEVER this makes you weaker to sun heatran and volcarona, so choice scarf terrakion is another viable mon, as he A) can revenge +1 dragons, thunderus unless it agilitied, volcarona, sun teams in general, plus beniefts from baitrachi removing physical walls, and salamence and him like each other as one can go through and weaken, the other can sweep

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SAtk / 216 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 156 Atk / 196 SAtk / 156 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fire Punch

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Surf
- Psyshock

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide

TL;DR
espeon-->starmie
salamence-->scarfed set
thunderus---->batirachi
heatran--->latias/terrakion depends on what you want to be weaker too

Eaglehawk

Banned
What goal does your team actually accomplish? To be completely honest, all I see is a very disorganized attempt at building Hyper Offense. I think MickeyD already mentioned most of the problems.

As McDonald's said, you have two leads. When you play hyper offense, you want to maximize your teams offensive output AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Wasting space for two non-offensive pokemon wastes this team's potential.

If you keep Espeon, most of your offensive sweepers should be boosting sweepers (DD, QD, SD, NP).

I actually don't know how to use Whimsicott as an offensive lead lol.