• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fifth/Sixth Move?

Simply put, if pokemon could learn five or six moves instead of four, how would the game (and by extention, the meta-game) be different for you? I for one have several strategies that would benefit from a fifth/sixth move. What about everyone else?

That would be nice! I need many moves on my Pokemon but can only fit four...

ebevan91

I'd rather them make HM moves not take up a move slot.

That would be nice, but alas. Some moves shouldnt even be hm's in my opinion. Like Fly. Why should we have to use a machine just to get a pokemon to fly? Makes no sense, honestly.

zozo

SLIMED!

I think I'd prefer that to them having a fifth/sixth move slot.

It would definitely be fun in a way to have more moves, and it would make the game that much more challenging, but I'd personally be a bit too overwhelmed. I have enough trouble predicting opponents' moves with just four slots.

Definetely disagree in a competitive way.

Pokemon like Infernape are good, but becomes insanely overpowered just by getting another important coverage move.
Most of the sweepers will get near-perfect coverage just because they can run 4 attacking moves.

I think I'd prefer that to them having a fifth/sixth move slot.

It would definitely be fun in a way to have more moves, and it would make the game that much more challenging, but I'd personally be a bit too overwhelmed. I have enough trouble predicting opponents' moves with just four slots.

Yeah, but at the same time it would add a new dimension to strategies. Like, if Metagross had 6 moves, I could add Magnet Rise and HammerArm/Brick Break to it's current moveset (Shadow Ball, Zen Headbutt, Aerial Ace, and Bullet Punch). Give it a Occa Bery, and it becomes the ultimate battle machine with no weakness, Moves that can hit a whole ton of different types, and cant take stat loss. In other words, AWESOME. ^_^

joep05

master of disaster
there are just too many pokemon and moves to stick to a team of 6 and a moveset of 4 in my opinion, so in a word...yes!