• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fight For The Meteorite (330)

S

slysunshine

This was a surprisingly great episode. (Surprising only because I had no idea what it was about and it's only been a week since the amazing contest episode.)

As much as I don't care for Team Aqua and Magma, it was great to see them return. I'm starting to think Harland (I'm still calling him that) is pretty cool.

I LOVED how they had the group and Team Rocket trapped in the cable car together. It's great when they're stuck in situations together and they don't battle. Also the May and Max hug was very sweet!

Pretty exciting episode I think. :D

I'll give it...8.9/10.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Here's what happened:

In Japan, the field commanders are known as Homura (the Team Magma guy) and Izumi (the Team Aqua girl). They are known by these names in both the video games and the anime.

In the American video games (Ruby/Sapphire), Homura's name was changed to Tabitha, while Izumi's name was changed to Shelly.

In the American anime episode "A Three Team Scheme," Homura was changed to Harland while Izumi was changed to Isabelle.

So, as you see, it's the same sort of thing that happened with Prima/Lorelei in the Orange Islands.

So, in regards to "Fight for the Meteorite," it looks like 4Kids went back and decided to call them by the names they were called in the American video games to keep them consistent. I guess that, when they dubbed "A Three Team Scheme," they didn't know that the two field commanders had been given names in the video games, so they came up with their own. I guess that between then and now, they realized their mistake, so they're trying to make up for it by changing their names back.

Personally, I think it's too little too late, but whatever. What's done is done, and it seems that these will be the names that they'll be known as for the rest of the series.

N

^^NICK^^

I thought it was okay. It was the first [alsmot] full episode I've seen in a very long while, and the first one from this season. I fell asleep on some parts though.

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
This was a nice episode. Prof Cosmo was pretty cool for just A professor. I found his talk about space interesting. I thought TR ating like guides was also funny. And who couldn't think it was sweet when May & Max hugged? I sure thought it was! ^^

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dogasu said:
Here's what happened:

In Japan, the field commanders are known as Homura (the Team Magma guy) and Izumi (the Team Aqua girl). They are known by these names in both the video games and the anime.

In the American video games (Ruby/Sapphire), Homura's name was changed to Tabitha, while Izumi's name was changed to Shelly.

In the American anime episode "A Three Team Scheme," Homura was changed to Harland while Izumi was changed to Isabelle.

So, as you see, it's the same sort of thing that happened with Prima/Lorelei in the Orange Islands.

So, in regards to "Fight for the Meteorite," it looks like 4Kids went back and decided to call them by the names they were called in the American video games to keep them consistent. I guess that, when they dubbed "A Three Team Scheme," they didn't know that the two field commanders had been given names in the video games, so they came up with their own. I guess that between then and now, they realized their mistake, so they're trying to make up for it by changing their names back.

Personally, I think it's too little too late, but whatever. What's done is done, and it seems that these will be the names that they'll be known as for the rest of the series.

Thanks for the info. I'd actually prefer it if they kept their own dub names now. Harlen is a much better name than Tabitha, as is Isabel really.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Dragonite said:
I liked this episode.It was funny.I also liked it when Meowth said "Do you have any bad guy pride." and Team Rocket said "No,not a thread."I lalso liked Team Magma and Team Aqua.I lik that there real villains.Oh, and is it just me or does Commmander Shelly sound like the new Mai voice?Anyways,I give it a 8/10.
I noticed that voice thing, too.

Why would they name that guy Tabitha?

I liked this episode quite a bit. It was really interesting.

Team Rocket in the cable car as tour guides was funny. I always like seeing Teams Aqua and Magma and their rivalry. It'll be great when we get to see the team leaders in the dub.

Professor Cozmo, Walrein, Air Cutter, and the meteorite were all cool, too.
It was also funny at the end of the show to see Teams Aqua and Magma happy that they at least foiled eachothers plan. :D

Edit: Oops, forgot to rate it... 9/10.

Last edited:

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
Doesn't air here until Tommorrow at 8 but I'll just deal with It, Things could be worse off

I

Indigo

Dogasu said:
Here's what happened:

Thanks for the clarification, Dogasu.

But I still don't understand why they would name a boy Tabitha when there is no such boy name. Is it a language screw-up? Does anybody know? This is kinda interesting...

Heracross

Custom User Title
Not only that, but I don't even remember anybody in the game named Tabitha. Now, to be honest, I don't remember many of the Team Magma/Aqua members from the game, but I'm pretty sure it would at least sound familiar.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Heracross said:
Not only that, but I don't even remember anybody in the game named Tabitha. Now, to be honest, I don't remember many of the Team Magma/Aqua members from the game, but I'm pretty sure it would at least sound familiar.

I checked a GameFAQs guide to make sure and it's true. See for yourself.

Heracross

Custom User Title
I guess I stand corrected. Still, I find it odd that they would name a serious Team Magma agent Tabitha of all things. -_-; Anyway, I think 4Kids should have just stuck with the original dub names they gave them. Sure, some people would have been confused that they changed them from the game, but it's not like that hasn't happened before. And besides, changing their names randomly during the show caused more confusion that the initial change ever did.

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
Only Ones I know of Are Maxie and Archie lol

PDL

disenchanted
I suppose they could be last names or nicknames... though Tabitha's still an odd name... I suppose that it was a goof-up of the game names... the male Team Magma Admin does look a little female...

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Indigo said:
But I still don't understand why they would name a boy Tabitha when there is no such boy name. Is it a language screw-up? Does anybody know? This is kinda interesting...
Well, I'd assume so anyways. I do remember there being a few name screw-ups here and there in the Pokémon Contests, one of which being an (evil, evil) Kirlia that went by the name of 'Shedja' (clearly a nickname for a Shedinja). So I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few more little mess-ups here and there.

Personally, I prefer their dub names anyway. And they do seem to be similar to the originals eg. Izumi ~ Issabelle.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I wholeheartedly agree. The names Harland and Isabel just sound so much more... imposing. Shelly sounds more suited for a young girl as a name when "Isabel" is clearly mature. And we've already gone through the Tabitha Male/Female thing.

A thing I honestly would like to see, but know would never happen, is a re-dubbing of "A Three Team Scheme" to use the now Official commander names.

H

Hales

So what was the reaction of Prof. Cosmo when he collided into Ash?

I had a feeling I wouldn't be liking this eppie...I was SO right!>_<; The only highlight for me was Prof. Cosmo. He was pretty cool, unlike the 2 previous science nerds(Seymore, and the guy obsessed with UFOs and aliens). As much as I hate Science; I love anything space-related, so I liked the meteor->meteorite lesson. Other than that, this eppie was pretty boring...Not even the Aqua vs. Magma battles saved this one: 4/10

PDL

disenchanted
maybe Tabitha was named that out of cruelty of his dad or mom... much like that song "A boy named Sue" or something... no wonder he joined up with an evil team