• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fighting chickens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuki Mirai

Hello Chop Socky Chooks...

I'm sorry, what the heck is this? Whoever made this and decide to air it on CN deserves a punch in the face. The attempt at references to kung fu movies just phails. I mean... Chuckie Chan? What the heck were they thinking?

Cobalt_Latios

Hello Chop Socky Chooks...

I'm sorry, what the heck is this? Whoever made this and decide to air it on CN deserves a punch in the face. The attempt at references to kung fu movies just phails. I mean... Chuckie Chan? What the heck were they thinking?
I remember when they aired this on Teletoon during summer of 2007. I thought I'd give thing a shot. Watch it, wasn't really that impressed afterwards. Very hard to watch...

I'll say I don't think I've seen it since its original airdate, which makes me wonder if they decided to remove it from Teletoon. Like I care, didn't like it much, so it's no loss.

~C_L~

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
The whole mall setting and a foe named "Doctor Wasabi" is just wrong. I know a lot of CN shows nowadays are aimed more towards the very young children, but this is just wrong. It isn't like martial arts-using monkeys are original. A lot of things nowadays are just failing spinoffs of good shows, and end up dying off a few episodes in.

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
Yeah, Chickens that know martial arts? WTF? THAT IS THE MOST RANDOM THING EVER!!!

Yeah, I watched that show, and it was so bad that I had to change the channel uh huh, but still, nowadays, it seems that in order to appeal to the kids it's all like

Martial Arts and WapaChineseish culture thrown in = WIN!!!

No, just no, yes, anime's popularity is rising, but sorry, that is not the way to approach it.

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
If you want a fighting chicken, go with the original.

112507_chicken_1.jpg

Rave

Banned

Rave

Banned
At least it's better than Chop Socky Chooks, that's for sure. "Family Guy" is a much more decent name for a show, anyway.

I prefer cock fights, where you watch cocks fighting at it and placing bets on them.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I prefer cock fights, where you watch cocks fighting at it and placing bets on them.

Either...

A. You have been around Aegis too long, and need to leave the computer, before you take his influences to "the next level". *cough*

or

B. You should keep it a secret, as it could be the next Michael Vick-esque incident.

It all depends on what in particular you are talking about. Back on topic, though, I would think people could come up with something more original and less corny than kung-fu using chickens and kung-fu using monkeys.

P-fan

Storm Trainer
I seem to like it, even if they look weird they don't seem to look like chicken, my fav in Ko Joe. It has original air in Canada, and they decided to air it in the US.

P-fan

Storm Trainer
I seem to like it, even if they look weird they don't seem to look like chicken, my fav in Ko Joe. It has original air in Canada, and they decided to air it in the US.

P-fan

Storm Trainer

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming

As I remember, they have beaks. That's enough proof for me that they're chickens. Fighting chickens are not the most original thing out there, though; very far from it.

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
It's like they aren't even trying anymore. They know kids'll watch any old crap they come up with. What really bugs me is that they spit out a bunch of random stuff and call it "creative." That's not creativity, that's just laziness. But of course, most everyone here seems to get that. As far as martial arts cartoons go, I really liked Jackie Chan Adventures when it was on. I kinda miss that show...

Cipher

Nothing to be done
But of course, most everyone here seems to get that. As far as martial arts cartoons go, I really liked Jackie Chan Adventures when it was on. I kinda miss that show...
Hate to mention them twice in one thread, but go watch the 2003 Ninja Turtles. It has jaw-droppingly well animated, well choreographed martial arts fights. On par with Jackie Chan Adventures.

Fire Suicune

The question is...

why are you watching CN in the first place?

We're waiting for the possible come-back of decent shows.

Back on-topic, I watched the show for about 5 minutes, because I was bored enough to do so. CN makes me want to gag these days, with all the junk they're airing, and this...chicken show is no exception.

-F.S. out

Status
Not open for further replies.