• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fighting Fear with Fear (553)

gliscor&yanmega

gliscor most likely will learn a dark move for the next gym and maybe gullioted(however u spell it) if it had that then one hit and the pokemon is out

neo_senku

i'd like to see it get night slash and brick break as moves, personally

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
This vampire-riffic episode is brought to you by Count Dracula, Count Blacula, and Count Chocula. All dark creatures of the night who suck the blood out of the innocent and burn in the light. We are fortunate enough to bring you an exclusive interview with each of these creatures:

Count Dracula:
"I think Turtvig being the unvavering negotiator is about as entertaining as ven Mudkip did it. Vich is about as entertaining as vatching a blood-drained corpse decompose. Also, Gligar is a very inaccurate stereotype of us vampires. Ve are not all sexually-conflicted goofballs. Sure, ve like to assault our victims unsuspectingly, and occasionally ve like to vear pink ven ve throw parties vith the undead, but this is an insult. I'm too mad to vatch the rest of this episode. Take it from here, Blacula."

Count Blacula:
"Yo, sup, dawgs. I wanna make it clear that I'm no stereotype, either. Got that, homes? Don't make me pop a cap in yo ***, foo. Whoa ****, man! It's that dude from them early episodes! What's his face? Oh, yeah - Barry! Barry Oak! And he's got some fang-lookin' thang! Whatcha call it again? Oh right - the Razor Fang! Man, back in the day, I had a razor fang, too. But then gingivitis kicked in, and all I got left are these plastic vampire teeth from after the dentist pulled my real ones out. Remember to brush twice and floss once each day, kids. Man, this episode's makin' me too sad, dawg. Take it away, Count Chocula!"

Count Chocula:
"Vat? Finally? It's my turn? Good timing, too, as I just finished my bowl of General Mills' Count Chocula cereal, part of this balanced breakfast. Vell, vaddya know, it's Team Rocket. Who didn't they discontinue them instead of discontinuing my cereal (in certain stores)? Voh snap, Muku.BIRD, along vith some harmless vind and smoke, just exploded! And eww! Canned fruit! That's vat your parents vant you to eat, kids! But you know you can't resist the scrumptious taste of Count Chocula's cereal!"

In case that dialogue was even less funny than I intended, I'll take it from here:
- Mukubird wearing Ash's backpack = Muku.PICKNICKER (Gimme a break, I haven't done a Muku joke in months)
- I swear, the Pokemon world must have some very poor bridge maintenence, considering how every single one the gang walks across collapses.
- Not only does Ash have superhuman jumping abilities, but he's able to destroy the laws of physics by falling faster!
- Enter Gliscor. Let us endure another two years of Oaking speculation.

Like the Swinub episode before it, this felt pretty standard and didn't really feel any different than any other evolution episode. Gary honestly didn't do much, which was a little disappointing. The biggest saving graces were a few humorous bits in the first half with Gligar's crazy antics. Whether or not Gliscor is to keep that wackiness remains to be seen.

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
It's bizarre... Jesse's new Yanmega took down Staravia. Sure, it didn't mattle, but it's good to see that it still retains some of its initial strength; even though it was subpar for its species.

As for Glion... eh... he still doesn't seem to be that powerful. Here's to hoping he has a defensive playstyle.

dman_dustin

- Not only does Ash have superhuman jumping abilities, but he's able to destroy the laws of physics by falling faster!

I don't think Ash did defy the laws of physics, Gligar can glide Ash can't so I think it makes since why Ash fell faster.

But what do I know floating objects probably fall at the same speed as not floating objects

As for Glion... eh... he still doesn't seem to be that powerful. Here's to hoping he has a defensive playstyle

I disagree that Steel wing that sliced through that Gliscor contraption was strong and that X-scissor to that stinger was powerful as well.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
It's bizarre... Jesse's new Yanmega took down Staravia. Sure, it didn't mattle, but it's good to see that it still retains some of its initial strength; even though it was subpar for its species.

Keep in mind it wasn't alone, Seviper helped out as well, anyone can lose when it comes to gang attacks.

Where did Brave Bird go though i wonder.

dman_dustin

Where did Brave Bird go though i wonder.

Staravia didn't have much screentime after the Veilstone City (arc) so that's probably why we haven't seen brave bird in a long time. They've focused on Buizel and Gligar/Gliscor though Turtwig's energy ball did make an appearance in this episode.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
Before the episode there was a Ds Commerical was that for Platunim because it looked like the underground but more 3d
To me Gliscor looks more Scary and I miss Gligar's Cuteness

lightdash

Dawn and May fan
Objects would fall the same rate without taking air resistance into account. But since Gligar can glide and there is obviously air resistance, that is why Gligar didn't fall as fast as Ash did.

Anyways, Gary appearance was ok. Whoever said that they were at Lake Valor for one of the summaries was majorly mistaken, although the Lake Valor part wasn't all incorrect as there was the flashback scene of it. Overall, a good episode which was funny also. Gligar got a lot of attacks to show and it finally evolved into Gliscor. Hopefully it will be better in the upcoming battles.

Another thing to note, anyone find it odd that for the ending credits music they swapped back to the original version?

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I thought this episode was awesome, best thing about it was that gliscor still has it's personality.
I found the episode not too rushed and very entertaining, i also liked the animation.In general it's an episode well done.

Last edited:

latios reborn

I liked the episode and was glad Gliscor kept it's personality

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
I must admit, due to Gligar's actions in this episode I will miss the little gal. Begging had to be the best bit along with dancing with Ash. It appears that Gliscor kept it's personality. But for how long? I really hope Gliscor still does the crybaby thing, but I doubt she'll do it...

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Objects would fall the same rate without taking air resistance into account. But since Gligar can glide and there is obviously air resistance, that is why Gligar didn't fall as fast as Ash did.
Ah, so that's why I failed that Physics final. It all makes sense now! Now I can sleep at night once again.
S.Suikun, what we do without you?
Don't ask me; I failed that Physics final. But if I were to create some sort of hypothesis, I would guess that you all would sprout the wings of a bat and stomp off like a zombie while whistling Row, Row, Row Your Boat through a car wash.