• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fighting Fear with Fear (553)

PokéKT

Dusk Moon
If the show started with Staravia with his bag on him, one of the viewers would be like, "IS ASH A STARAVIA NOW!?"

Poor Staravia, it died during the Team Rocket combo. :(

Dax

Legend
I'm very pleased with the fact Gliscor kept its personality. I must say the beginning of this episode with the training with Buizel and Turtwig was simply perfect. So funny and so well done.

I WAS annoyed that they could give everyone minus Chimchar a role, though. I mean, Chimchar is pretty much dead in Ash's team. Ash could simply just use Chimchar and Staravia against Seviper and Yanmega yet he used only the bird. It's just so dead right now it sickens me and makes me think Chimchar's capture was utterly worthless and not needed.

Gligar made me laugh throughout the episode and that's good since I like entertainment. Gliscor is just awesome. It's odd but my favorites in Ash's team are the bird and Gliscor. They show how much the anime had improved in terms of personality. Here's hoping Chimchar can go the same way. I want the monkey to contribute on something.

Gary didn't do much but geez, I love his Umbreon. It's just so awesome and I didn't care it used generic attack number #1: Shadow Ball. It was just great.

Anyaways, the whole episode was great and even though I'm going to miss Gligar I'm sure Gliscor will have the spice and strength to be even more awesome.

GreenTurtwig

Grass Trainer
I was amazed when I heard that the little Gligar us Americans haven't even met yet evolved. We haven't seen an Ash & co evolution yet in this region (corre t me if I'm wrong). Also, the fact that Paul also has a Gliscor puts back in play that Ash might get a Tortera. Although I think Turtwig is soooo cute. I wonder if Gliscor will still keep sticking its tonge out? It was cute with Gligar but it might be a litlle scary with Gliscor.

I didn't realilize Gliscor was so big! It was almost the size of Ash; granted that Ash is no Z (from the Cleveland Cavs; he is 7' 3''). I'm glad that Gligar at least learned Stell Wing while it was still a Gligar; even if it only learned X Scizor as a Gliscor.

From Dax
I love his Umbreon. It's just so awesome and I didn't care it used generic attack number #1: Shadow Ball. It was just great.

I agree. I love Umbreon. Shadow Ball might be generic but with Umbreon, it still is like, a special move.

Dax

Legend
We haven't seen an Ash & co evolution yet in this region (corre t me if I'm wrong).

This is Ash's second evolution this season. First was Starly.:)

I wonder if Gliscor will still keep sticking its tonge out? It was cute with Gligar but it might be a litlle scary with Gliscor.

It did it after fighting Team Rocket and it looked awesome with its tongue out.:p

uber gon

Accept Change

HoennMaster

We haven't seen an Ash & co evolution yet in this region (corret me if I'm wrong).

Ash has had Starly and gligar evolve, Dawn has had Aipom evolve, and Brock has had Bonsly evolve.

I'm glad Gliscor keeps its personality. However, I don't think crybaby Gliscor will be as cute as crybaby Gligar.

uber gon

Accept Change
Heh, now all we need is Ash to have Staraptor and Torterra and his team will be SO cool.:)

neo_senku

I was amazed when I heard that the little Gligar us Americans haven't even met yet evolved. We haven't seen an Ash & co evolution yet in this region (corre t me if I'm wrong). Also, the fact that Paul also has a Gliscor puts back in play that Ash might get a Tortera. Although I think Turtwig is soooo cute. I wonder if Gliscor will still keep sticking its tonge out? It was cute with Gligar but it might be a litlle scary with Gliscor.

I didn't realilize Gliscor was so big! It was almost the size of Ash; granted that Ash is no Z (from the Cleveland Cavs; he is 7' 3''). I'm glad that Gligar at least learned Stell Wing while it was still a Gligar; even if it only learned X Scizor as a Gliscor.

I agree. I love Umbreon. Shadow Ball might be generic but with Umbreon, it still is like, a special move.

It knew X-scissor as gligar too.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
It was not exactly perfect though. Its X-Scissor was pretty weak, but it eventually mastered it perfectly in this episode. The power of X-Scissor probably was affected by its lack of endurance in the claws (shown when its claws went red after it used it on the cage) and its age and inexperience. That's all behind it now.

GreenTurtwig

Grass Trainer
Sorry guys, I was thinking only Ash even though I put Ash & co. Sorry Dax, I forgot about Starly =). Post if you think Staravia is under used! I do! I like Gliscor, but, Staravia is never used any more! Why not have TWO (sorry for all caps) flying types that you really use?

Um... what Dark type move does Gliscor know? I thought at this point it only knows Steel Wing and X-Scissor, right? Anyone notice that Gligar evolved in a flash? I know it was still night but come on, the writers could have had Gligar hold it for a couple mins.

Originally posted by neo senku

It didn't guote, unquote know X-Scissor. It was trying but it couldn't use it; more or less.

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
Sorry guys, I was thinking only Ash even though I put Ash & co. Sorry Dax, I forgot about Starly =). Post if you think Staravia is under used! I do! I like Gliscor, but, Staravia is never used any more! Why not have TWO (sorry for all caps) flying types that you really use?

No worries but...

...Staravia is not under used at all.:eek:

dman_dustin

It didn't guote, unquote know X-Scissor. It was trying but it couldn't use it; more or less.

Which doesn't make sense because didn't it use a perfect X-scissor against Dawn's Buneary in the Chingling episode?

Although perhaps Ash knew it wasn't perfect, which is probably why everytime Ash ordered Gligar to attack (after that episode) it was usually Steel Wing.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
Actually Gligar was only able to pull off a successful X-Scissor attack only occasionally, so yeah, that one against Buneary, while successful, seemed pretty weak.

uber gon

Accept Change
And here I was thinking Gliscor would exclusively beat up TR. Why did Pikachu have to finish this one?

HoennMaster

Apparently it also knows Metal Claw. I must say that I shall miss Gligar. It never got a chance to do anything successful...but it was so darn cute! Gligar is now my favorite pokémon of Ash's. I am sort of mad that Pikachu finished off Team Rocket and not Gliscor.

Can someone post a pic of Staravia with the backpack...I want to see what the big fuss is.

So what was with the Lake Valor part then? The summary originally said they were there again.

Also, will someone explain what was going on with Gligar throughout the episode? Like why it was always crying and why Ash looks like he is yelling at it.