• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fighting Fear with Fear (553)

Ragnarofl

Binkan Binkan Binkan
Hm, I first thought that Ash's Gliscor was much bigger than Pauls' by looking at the Winds Of Change episode, but looking a the Chimchar Rage episode again, they're likely the same size. Oh well.

Torpoleon

Has Ash's Gliscor mastered gliding,yet?

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I loved this episode because it showed people that if you don't give up, then you can succeed in the end.

uber gon

Accept Change
Slowking[George];8719046 said:
I loved this episode because it showed people that if you don't give up, then you can succeed in the end.

True, but that metaphor has been really ovrused lately.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
Personally, I refer to it as a "vampire scorpion", but I guess you can think whatever you want of it, as long as it's appropriate (to its species and what it's based on).

Torpoleon

Yay! Gligar evolved in japan!

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
this was a fun ep - the method by which ash chose to evolve gligar..... just pure aweseomness

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
I was especially glad that Gligar realized that Ash is willing to pull out all the stops just as much as she is. During that cage scene, it just further proves Ash's effectiveness as a trainer.

Manchee

extra toasty
I watched this episode in Japanese and I jst have to say that I couldn't understand any of it xP It looks like I'll like it when it airs here in the U.S.

Plus we get to see Gary again, so it's not all bad :)

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I just hope Paul doesn't think Ash is coping his Pokemon party. As both have a Gliscor, and maybe soon, Torterra.

Brumrha

Banned
Man, that Gligar sure was a real wimp... basically the only thing that could really give him something to fear would be a Siam.

What's a Siam? This is a Siam. Just looking at this just about speaks for itself, & bringing down one of these is a real tall order for anyone.

Of course, beating a *bleep* out of TR would be the next best thing... & it also got upgraded, so I'm expecting a Face-Off between Ash's & Paul's Gliscors.

*goes back to playing Silent Hill*

Dattebayo

Banned
I have three problems with this episode:

1. Gligar was being all wimpy
2. Ash said "believe in yourself" (That's a bunch of bull)
3. Isn't Gligar supposed to evolve when leveling up while holding the razor claw at night? Because if so, I've must have found another logical mistake

Overall, the episode was mediocre.

Last edited:

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
I have three problems with this episode:
3. Isn't Gligar isn't supposed to evolve when leveling up while holding the razor claw at night? Because if so, I've must have found another logical mistake
yes that is correct for the games. However the anime is always very different than the games.

I liked the episode. I'm liking this new Gliscor too

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Think logically...A Pokemon isnt gonna go through a whole battle while holding something in its claw...

The anime writers aren't idiots, so they figured this out.