• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fighting Fear with Fear (553)

HoennMaster

Once again Dattebayo proves why no one takes him seriously.

I love Gligar/Gliscor. Such a funny pokémon. Just because your a creature that can magically produce attacks doesn't mean you have to act brave.

Last edited:

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I have three problems with this episode:

1. Gligar was being all wimpy
2. Ash said "believe in yourself" (That's a bunch of bull)
3. Isn't Gligar isn't supposed to evolve when leveling up while holding the razor claw at night? Because if so, I've must have found another logical mistake

Overall, the episode was mediocre.

He was holding it, and he was evolving infront of the moon.

Yay for Dattebayo's amazing observation skills!

Also: Ash's Gliscor does look bigger than Pauls....
Hopefully we'll get a face off between the two.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
I liked this episode, always great to see Gary again.
Only problem was, I thought Ash was against forced evolution?
I guess Gligar was getting on his nerves, I know I wouldn't have put up with that.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Good episode, nice to see Gary again. Gliscor is awesome, her and Ash are so cute together. I also liked seeing Gary's Umbreon, I've missed it.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
After seeing this episode, I've realized that I've never seen Ash so miffed with on of his own Pokemon since Bayleef. It's a nice change.

katfairy

Um, no.

On two separate occasions, Ash gave Pikachu a shot at evolving, and both times Pikachu turned him down. Another episode revolved around a bunch of Venusaur and Ivysaur telling Bulbasaur it had to evolve, and it got in a lot of trouble because it refused. How does this translate to Ash not letting them evolve?

EDIT: Why did this take over an hour to appear? My computer is made of fail...

Last edited:

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was quite good. I didn’t really like the fact with Gligar crying all the time. Like Meowth’s use of Gligar for Giovanni. Cool to see Gary again. Liked Gary’s quote towards TR “Don’t you guys get tired of being lame?!” TR must be real heavy sleepers to not hear Ash and Gligar’s attempts at breaking their cage. Real cool to see Ash’s Gligar evolve into Gliscor.

csisps_26

Roark <3
Gligar crying was sweet. Ash getting angry is rare, the only ones I remember that were 'Ash-gets-angry' victims are Bayleef, and Gligar, for now. Correct me, as I don't seem to remember... ^^;;

I liked the part in the cage. Ash helping Gligar break the cage bars. TR must be super heavy sleepers to not wake up with all that noise. The way Gligar evolved was actually nice. Poor Gligar, afraid of heights :eek:. Yes, Gligar/Gliscor crash-landing on Ash.

One of the funniest thing in this episode was when Dawn said "The poetry guy's grandson!" and everyone else was like -_-;;. XD

katfairy

Ash got angry this time because Gary was pushing his buttons, as usual. Gary has improved a lot over the years, but there are times when I'm surprised that Brock hasn't told him to knock it off and get over himself. He certainly had no problems with snarking at Gary early on.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I will never like Gliscor's dub cry as much as the lovely "GliiiiiiiON!"

But it is still my favourite Pokemon in the group at the moment.

mimefan

Banned
Gligar and Gliscor was chibi, I WANT ONE DAMNIT. But yeah, really love the fact that Gligar crying and dancing with Ash and also Staravia wearing Ash's backpack.

uber gon

Accept Change
Ash got angry this time because Gary was pushing his buttons, as usual. Gary has improved a lot over the years, but there are times when I'm surprised that Brock hasn't told him to knock it off and get over himself. He certainly had no problems with snarking at Gary early on.

I guess Brock knew Gary meant well.

Rebeccag

Gligar was starting to annoy me so in a way im glad it evolved. Gliscar i like a lot more but glad its kept its crashing into Ash
Dawns poem thing was funny as well and made me laugh. I also liked Team Rockets breaking the 4th wall thing as well