• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fighting Fear with Fear (553)

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I liked seeing Gary again. :) But it's no suprise.

Gliscor's voice sound awesome, but Im kinda both happy and sad to see Gligar evolve.

Torpoleon

Lol, Staravia had Ash's bag.I liked this episode because Gligar.....I mean Gliscor has more confidence in itself and we get to see Gary again.

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
Gary should be in some more episodes

EspeonIno

Gliscor seemed to have staied the same runs into Ash...now don't you think is funny that when he was a Gliger he used to fly unevenly, but when it chased Ash he flew on a straigth path?

Vycksta

Nothing majorly special, although my inner child laughed when Dawn commented that Gary's way of explaining things was better than Ash's and Ash, in the background, was all I HEARD THAT. His expression was priceless. xD

Gary does need to appear more often, I agree. Considering he is Ash's oldest rival and everything...

milenadrg

I didn't really liked episode, whole Gligar-fear thing was boring. The only thing I liked about this episode is Gary appearing again!
I exepted Gliscor is going to have more violent and agressive personality after evoloving, but it still stayed same... :(

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Dawn wrong when she said that Gligar had until now unsuccesfull battles.
She forgot that Gligar beat her Buneary or what????

Torpoleon

Dawn wrong when she said that Gligar had until now unsuccesfull battles.
She forgot that Gligar beat her Buneary or what????
I believe the battle with Buneary was stopped. Gligar was not that strong, but now it is. So, Dawn was not wrong. I think the writers know what they are doing.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I believe the battle with Buneary was stopped. Gligar was not that strong, but now it is. So, Dawn was not wrong. I think the writers know what they are doing.

Stopped?? Brock said it's over, and Buneary seemed sitting on the ground so Gligar won.

Torpoleon

Stopped?? Brock said it's over, and Buneary seemed sitting on the ground so Gligar won.
Buneary did not faint, so therefore, the match is unresolved. If Buneary fainted, Gligar would have won.

Anyways, I like that Gligar evolved in this episode. Seeing Gary was fine, I guess.

STICKTOPIA

I guess Ash being mean to gligar was a good thing b/c it flew away, they ran into Gary, and Gary gave Ash the razor fang.

Gliscor is my favorite of Ash's pokemon. I think they should call it Gligoof, because it's so funny and somewhat childish. Also, when will Dawn realize that Professor Oak is the poet; Gary is not.
This is definately not the same Gary from the first and second gen. He is actually nice now. Either way, that Razor Fang did the job really well; Gliscor took out that robot like it was nothing. Its Steel Wing sliced through the robot like a hot knife through butter.

Shadow XD001

I really love Gliscor. The Gary appearance seemed kinda random, but at least Ash thought Gligar had the potential to evolve so he gave it the Razor Fang. (at the end of the episode)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Having Gary around in one of his rare post-Kanto/Johto appearances is reason enough to love this episode, but I also enjoy it because of Gligar/Gliscor. It was great to finally see Gligar evolve and gain some confidence, and know it would eventually become a good battler for Ash.

My two favorite highlights of the episode is the face-plant the others do when Dawn calls Gary the poet guy's grandson, and Gligar getting down and begging instead of battling Buizel. That second scene alone gave me one of the best laughs of season 11. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well I'm not a fan of Gary's random Sinnoh appearances, but it could've been a lot worse. I'm really glad that he at least provided Ash with an evolutionary item for Gligar: the Razor Fang. I liked that Gligar (then Gliscor later on once it evolved) got some character development in this episode and that it really shined through. Ash and Gligar hadn't really gotten a lot of alone time to bond up until this episode. A few signs that Shippers love to use are found in this episode between Gary and Ash and Gary and Dawn, but overall this was an average 5/10 episode.

Last edited:

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I was happy to see Gligar evovle into Gliscor.It was also nice to see Gary in this episode.Saving you tranier is a courageous act.

10/10