• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fighting Flyer With Fire! (133)

Daizy

I call you honey
It seemed unfair for Ash to pick Chikorita against a Flying type at this point in the series. It was like a shoehorned way for the creators to show Ash as still being a dumb kid.

Falkner's first appearance was really cool since he was like a hero when he stopped Team Rocket with his Pidgeot. I liked when Ash mentioned his own former Pidgeot and the fact that this was Johto's first gym battle had me really excited. You could just see the difference between this gym and the first gym that Ash faced in Kanto because here he actually used some strategy.

The Violet City gym was the first major test of Ash's strength in this region so I was really eager to see how he'd do. It seemed to me that if it hadn't been for his Charizard Ash would have lost since Falkner's Pidgeot was just too good. I think that Ash using Chikorita was a bad decision since he was at a disadvantage but what I liked the most about this gym were Falkner's choices of Pokemon since he used Dodrio which is an underrated Flying type. 7/10

Ash and co are so stupid for not recognizing Team Rocket.
Falkner is cool. It's so weird how he uses two fully evolved Pokémon, and this is the first gym. It was weird how Charizard couldn't fly, but it was probably because of fatigue. Nice to see Ash mentioning Pidgeot even though he will never come back for it. MVP was Pikachu for defeating a previously unbeatable Dodrio and Hoothoot.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Good on hoothoot for winning since Ash was pretty much improvising with Chikorita. Good on Pikachu for beating multiple flying type pokemon, it makes sense. Tri Attack was cool looking, but Dodrio didn’t manage to fire it. Trapping Pidgeot with Fire Spin was clever. Falkner has some unusual Flying type pokemon that usually don’t get much spotlight and they used them in creative ways during the battle.