• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fighting games

Zazie

So 1991
Since there are so many Fighting games out and coming out this year (relative to the last few years anyway), I thought I should make a thread to discuss fighting games in general both new and old.

One thing special about this year in terms of fighting games is that it is the 25th anniversary of Karate Champ the first popular fighting game. So it is sort of the 25th anniversary of the genre. It is also the 15th anniversary of The King of Fighters franchise.

So what's your favorite fighting game, character and/or franchise?

With the large amount of fighting games coming out this year do you have any personal picks for the fighting game of the year?

Note: This isn't intended to be a Super Smash Brothers Discussion thread. If the games happen to be brought up in the converstion that is fine but this isn't the place for discussion specific to the series.

Last edited:

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Personally, I'm not a fan of fighting games in general, but I must say that Marvel vs. Capcom = pure and utter win.

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
SSBB should be dicussed here. *shot*

But in all seriousness, I think fighting games are awsome. How many fighting games has Capcom made anyways? I'm thinking about getting Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom later this year. Also, is Muramasa: The Demon Blade a fighter/brawler? It seems like it is.

partyboi927

I was infatuated with Tekken Tag for a pretty long time haha...

Soul caliber is also pretty amazing.

I just downloaded MvC 2 yesterday off PSN..Cause... Well duhhh

I'm not good or anything, but thegame is awesome.. And it's extremely fun

Overheat Hothead

Custom User Title
I've never really been into fighting games (the only one I own is a Digimon one I got a long time ago), but lately I've been considering getting MvC2 off of XBLA. It look pretty good.

Mr. Lex

Engineer
I'm not all that good at fighting games, but I did like Soul Caliber for the simple fact that getting cut up looks more cool than getting punched.

partyboi927

I've never really been into fighting games (the only one I own is a Digimon one I got a long time ago), but lately I've been considering getting MvC2 off of XBLA. It look pretty good.

you should, you won't regret it, it's amazing

Surfing_Pikachu

Zazie

So 1991
My favorite fighting game is King of Fighters 98. It's hard to explain exactly why but it kind of feels right when I play it. The large character roster also helps.

My pick for Fighting gam of the years so far is Blazblue with it's excellent online play, good selection of game modes and excellent graphics. I still might get replaced with Tekken 6 of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom though.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is awesome. It may be very broken but it's so fun no one really cares. It also has a great soundtrack though most people wouldn't agree with me on that subject. My usual team for the game is B.B. Hood, Strider and Hayate.

It's okay to mention Smash brothers just don't talk about stuff specific to that series. This is mostly due to 2 reasons: 1. This being a Pokemon forum discussion of other games might be overtaken by Smash brothers discussion. 2. Smash Brothers threads aren't allowed on Serebii.

Last edited:

Mr. Lex

Engineer
Captain Falcon just cried after reading this. *gets shot for mentioning SSB*

Super Smash Bro. pretty much MADE Captain Falcon. Before then he was just a racer.

Oh, and he has Kamen Rider moves. So it's not badass Captain Falcon moves, it's just Captain Falcon using badass Kamen Rider moves.

Surfing_Pikachu

Oh, and he has Kamen Rider moves. So it's not badass Captain Falcon moves, it's just Captain Falcon using badass Kamen Rider moves.
Now you're making me cry.

Jerre

Gogoat!
I use to play Fighting Games, but now it's more Action, Adventure, RPG and 1st Person Shooters.

I used to play the Tekken and the Battle Arena: Toshiden series back in the days...:rolleyes:

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Super Smash Bro. pretty much MADE Captain Falcon. Before then he was just a racer.

RIDER PUNCH!
RIDER KICK!
*cough*
Capcom vs games for the fun factor really. Though I enjoy Street Fighter games. BlazBlue is something I've hardly played though you lucky people in Europe are getting extra characters.
Though I always wondered why something like the wii never got more capcom vs titles. It really doesn't need much. At least Tatsunoko is exclusive to it though.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Also, is Muramasa: The Demon Blade a fighter/brawler? It seems like it is.

It looks like a 2D adventure game.

I've never really liked fighting games other that SSB, but I have Soul Caliber 2, which is pretty fun.

Mr. Lex

Engineer
I don't really get into competition with fighting games, due to the mere fact that I suck balls.

So it's always been the games that are easy to get into for me, such as SSB and Soul Caliber. I enjoy other games as well, but god forbid I go online.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School

Nope.

The F-Zero anime is what made Captain Falcon. It introduced the Falcon Punch, and showed everyone how awesome Captain Falcon is.

Mr. Lex

Engineer
Nope.

The F-Zero anime is what made Captain Falcon. It introduced the Falcon Punch, and showed everyone how awesome Captain Falcon is.

Try again, the anime was released in 2003, the game came out in 1999.

The moves are still from Kamen Rider either way.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Try again, the anime was released in 2003, the game came out in 1999.

What?

*checks dates*

Whoops.

Well then, I made quite the mistake.

Surfing_Pikachu

Wasn't the original a SNES game? I doubt a SNES game would come out in 1999. Then again, I don't think that game even mentioned Captain Falcon. Hmm...