• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fighting Games

Imma Agito

Outplay Man
I noticed that we have all these threads and not one of them are for fighting games :O This is a place for all lovers of FG's to post and discuss their favorite games when they're competitive or just casual. Personally my favorites are Arcsys games like Guilty Gear, Blazblue, and Persona 4 Arena.

My favourite is BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend because the combat is really fun. I played Soul Caliber 2 at my friends place yesterday, it was really fun so I might get into the series.

Last edited:

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I like the MvC series, Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, and the Soulcalibur series. Still need to take a shot at the BlazBlue series. It looks fun.

Imma Agito

Outplay Man
I've only played the Soulcalibur series.

I want to get into more fighting games, tho.

Soulcalibur is really fun, can't wait for SC2HD. If you want to get into more fighting games that are like Soul Calibur I would suggest Tekken. They're both made by Namco and Yoshimitsu is in both series.

I personally can't stand Capcom's fighting games, but I love the BlazBlue franchise. It is just sheer perfection.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I'm a avid fan of King Of Fighters and Tekken. I really enjoy playing these but I also need to try the BlazBlue franchise too.

Imma Agito

Outplay Man
What system. And would it be better to get a joystick thing? (lol). Or the regular controller is just fine?

I know it's coming to PS3, not sure about 360. If you want to get an arcade stick go for it but you'll be fine with just a regular controller.

One of my favs is little known gem called "Primal Rage". I was quite a dino lover when I was younger.

I've heard of Primal Rage before but I've never had the opportunity to play it for myself. Might just have to emulate it or something.

Also for all the Blazblue fans or people who just want to try it out, the release of Chrono Phantasma is in October in Japan and it'll be a day 1 digital release. If you don't mind shopping on the JPN PSN store feel free to check it out.

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I personally can't stand Capcom's fighting games, but I love the BlazBlue franchise. It is just sheer perfection.

I know what you mean, but I starting to hate the company in general with their dumb decision making and shitty "quality" games they're putting out in recent years.
Anyways, I'm still not familiar with Blazblue control even though I have the game. The only control I can handle is Soul Calibur games since it's easy to pull off combos than Tekken games.

Latch

Funky Fresh
I know it's coming to PS3, not sure about 360. If you want to get an arcade stick go for it but you'll be fine with just a regular controller.

I've heard of Primal Rage before but I've never had the opportunity to play it for myself. Might just have to emulate it or something.

Also for all the Blazblue fans or people who just want to try it out, the release of Chrono Phantasma is in October in Japan and it'll be a day 1 digital release. If you don't mind shopping on the JPN PSN store feel free to check it out.

There are very few fighting games for 360 it feels like...
Sad.

Imma Agito

Outplay Man
There are very few fighting games for 360 it feels like...
Sad.

Yeah, most fighting games are made in Japan and Microsoft is an American-made console #RIP

I know what you mean, but I starting to hate the company in general with their dumb decision making and shitty "quality" games they're putting out in recent years.
Anyways, I'm still not familiar with Blazblue control even though I have the game. The only control I can handle is Soul Calibur games since it's easy to pull off combos than Tekken games.

I agree with the whole capcom thing. They are milking the hell out of street fighter, Ultra marks the 4th version!

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Yeah, most fighting games are made in Japan and Microsoft is an American-made console #RIP

I agree with the whole capcom thing. They are milking the hell out of street fighter, Ultra marks the 4th version!

Not just street fighter, its their business practice in general: Disc lock DLCs, outsourcing their games, bashing their fans and supporters.

Zazie

So 1991
My favorite series is King of Fighters because I like a lot of the characters, but gampleay-wise I prefer Fatal Fury. I find the that the Fatal Fury games tends to strike a really good abalance between ease of controls and a slightly slowed down experience that makes them pretty newbie friendly.

I also like Guilty Gear, Darlkstalkers, Street Fighter , Marvel vs Capcom and Samurai Shodown. Though I am pretty ambivalent about street fighter 4 (I prefer the Alphas). I've got Virtua Fighter 4 and it seems awesome but it takes a lot work to preoperly get into and I am not there yet.

There are also quite a few games I still want to try out Last Blade, Matrimelee, Waku Waku 7, The Capcom JoJo games, Kizuna Encounter/Savage Reign, Rage of the Dragons, World Heroes Perfect, Fighter's History Dynamite, Breakers Revenge, Deamon Bride and Aquapazza. (the last one has recently been announced as coming out here) So yeah I kind of like fighting games in general.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
The best Street Fighter game I think so are Alpha III and Third Strike.

Born Better

God of Lightning
I'm just gonna list my mains for the games I play.

SSBB-Lucario
Street Fighter x Tekken- Cole and Ibuki/Juri
SSF4 AE- Juri
MvC3-Deadpool, Super Skrull, and Morrigan/Spider-Man/Zero
Persona 4 Arena-Yu
Nardo Storm 3-Hinata
PS All-Stars- Spike
King of Fighters 13-Athena
Blazblue CS-Lambda
Tekken 6- Lili
Soul Calibur 4-Apprentice
Soul Calibur 5- Natsu
DBZ RB 2- Future Trunks(sword)

GoshinX03

Pride & Power
My Favorite Fighting Game Series are:

Guilty Gear
Tekken
Mortal Kombat
Street Fighter
BlazBlue
Soul Calibur
MvC
Naruto
DBZ

I usually play on PS3, and although I do like playing competitively, I'm only at an above-average skill level. That being said, I love to play high ranked players who help take my game to the next level.