• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fighting Ire With Fire! (631)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Blast Evolution! Infernape!

On their way to Sunyshore City, Ash & Co. meet up with Jun and Paul. Jun is eager to show that he's ready for the Pokémon League and Ash & Jun decide to battle. However, in battle, Team Rocket appear and capture the Pokémon. The only way to be saved is by Ash's Monferno whom has gone crazy due to it's Blaze ability...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

V Faction

www.faction.com
Is that some "Ready? Go!"

You bet your *** it is.

Oak: Donphan. Professor gets trunked.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Second.. Infernape is weird as weird can get! xD

It had a cute moment with Paul's Electabuzz, which saved the cage at first with Protect..

Infernape created a swirl out of it's flaming head xD

V Faction you beat me to it..

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode. Infernape was cool. I also loved to see Paul's Electabuzz saves them from TR.

Ash talked with Paul in the end and I think they talked about the league.

Jessie stil can take part in anoter contest, there are more.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
The battle between Barry & Ash start just before the half point ends.

Also i think it was mentioned that the Grand Festival might take place in "Lake Resort" & something about 7 ribbons was said.

Barry meet Paul first in the Pokemon Center & was excited to meet him. I think he challenged him as well but Paul must have denied it.

Also after Monferno destroyed the TR's Robot Paul used his Electabuzz to stop it from crashing (using its Protect). Then Ash managed to get through Monferno & it evolved similar to how it was in that manga scan. The song during its evolution was also nice (i think i have never heard it before though).

An00bis

Wicked Witch
There aren't any new attacks to report in this episode. I thought as much.

Here's a Recap Instead:

- Again we start with the battling.
- Barry VS Random Trainer. Guess who wins?
- Ah. This music takes me back ...
- Barry shows Ash what I assume is his 8th Gym Badge: The Beacon Badge
- Ah. Team Rocket actually makes an attack plan before failing. That's nice.
- OH LOOK IT'S PAUL. He's his usual cheerful self. They should just stop trying ...
- What's this? Contests News? In my Ash Episode?
- I think they said the Grand Festivals' in the Lakeside Resort (Resort Area?)
- Doesn't Team Rocket's disguise look familiar?
- Now it's time for Ash and Barry's battle - NOBREAK.
- And we're back. And so is Paul for the battle.
- Hydro Cannon sends Monferno blasting off again.
- Crap. I jinxed that pretty bad.
- At least Brock tried ...
- Here comes INSANEFERNO.
- Monferno dispatches of Team Rocket pretty easily.
- Paul is actually being helpful? He sends out Electabuzz to save the Pokemon. Or at least he tries.
- " Ready Go " is used as background music when Monferno evolves and saves Electabuzz.
- Paul declines a match against Infernape ... at least for now.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Oh yeah, as An00bis points out, Jessie and James in their Rockin' Rocker outfits was awesome. Meowth had one, too. I'm sure they've been in those recently too, ya? Maybe I'm thinking of some random Hoenn episode...

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I wonder why Barry actually said that Sunyshore gym was the best while Paul said it was the weakest. Paul knows what he is talking abbout, but it could be a trap, he said it after Veilstone and he was wrong. Barry probably said it only because he got the badge without a fight.

rlopez

- Paul is actually being helpful? He sends out Electabuzz to save the Pokemon. Or at least he tries.

Yeah, after he stands on the sides an watches everyone get caught. I kinda expected Ursaring to break everyone out of the balls they were in but either way, Electabuzz helping out was cool.

Infernape actually looked pretty nice standing next to Ash and Im pretty sure blaze wasnt controlled in the episode. Ash just got through to Monferno so I think we can expect more blaze problems later on.

I wonder what the 7 ribbons they showed meant, maybe someone can jump in and explain that. And like everyone else said, from what was shown my guess is they were referring to the Resort Area for the GF.

Last edited:

J-boogie200

Great episode!!!

Grand Festival location is more than awesome!

Barry has all his badges!

Infernape looks awesome!

Team Rocket and their nostalgia, those outfits were missed!

10/10

Well the GF is at same place where Wallace Cup took place and thats lake Valor.

The episode wasn't that nice. The second half was way much better than first half.

And Paul promised Ash that he will battle Ash in Sinnoh League.
Paul is finally impressed by Ash just like Gary was by the end of Johto.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I wonder why Barry actually said that Sunyshore gym was the best while Paul said it was the weakest. Paul knows what he is talking abbout, but it could be a trap, he said it after Veilstone and he was wrong. Barry probably said it only because he got the badge without a fight.

That pretty much answers your question. Barry didn't have to battle very hard since Volkner pretty much "gave away" Beacon badges.

I'm pretty sure Paul was looking for a tough match, but received his badge without a battle instead so he considers it to be a "weak" gym.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
- I think they said the Grand Festivals' in the Lakeside Resort (Resort Area?)
Yes it is said that it would happen in the Lakeside Resort but it is not the Resort Area of the game. Its the place called "Grand Lake Hotel" in the games if i am right (the same place where "Wallace Cup" took place).
I wonder what the 7 ribbons they showed meant, maybe someone can jump in and explain that. And like everyone else said, from what was shown my guess is they were referring to the Resort Area for the GF.
It seems that the seven ribbons were shown to tell that there are still 7 contest left before the Grand Festival starts.
I think the reason Barry said that it was the best because he got the badge without any battle (in one of the summary of DP 165, it mentions that Volkner gives the badges away without any battle). Similarly, Paul said it was the weakest since he didn't get to battle Volkner.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
That pretty much answers your question. Barry didn't have to battle very hard since Volkner pretty much "gave away" Beacon badges.

I'm pretty sure Paul was looking for a tough match, but received his badge without a battle instead so he considers it to be a "weak" gym.

Maybe Paul was saying it because he defeated Volkner in a battle. if he got his badge without a battle it doesn't mean that Volkner is weak, but if Paul did fought against Volkner, so it's might be even a clue that he beat him easily.

So does that mean Infernape can control Blaze now as it was able to hear Ash and saved Pikachu and others while it was still in Blaze.

This embracing thing of Ash is nice, wonder why he didn't did the same to Charizard.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Maybe Paul was saying it because he defeated Volkner in a battle. if he got his badge without a battle it doesn't mean that Volkner is weak, but if Paul did fought against Volkner, so it's might be even a clue that he beat him easily.
If i am right about Paul, he would consider Volkner to be weak if he didn't battle him. Thats because he would consider Volkner as a weak minded person thus he would classify him as a weak gym leader because he is giving away badges without battles (which Paul would think as he is afraid to lose).

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
Since they showed the 7 Ribbons left on the TV and Jesse was there, I think its pretty safe to say that she will get them and be in the GF.

I also like the 3 'new' badges that Barry had, that red one we have seen before, but that Blue and the Purple one are new...

JD

What did Paul exactly say at the part when He declined the battle with Barry and the One against Infernape? Also it looks like the Grand Festival will be held at Lake Valor where the wallace cup was held so thats not so far away from Sunyshore.

I was surprised Monferno evolved before Grotle. If I'm not mistaken, Ash's Sinnoh evo list goes...

Starly > Staravia

Then nothing for a long time...

Turtwig > Grotle

Staravia > Staraptor

Chimchar > Monferno

Monferno > Infernape

Me thinks Grotle's evolution may be same time away. Maybe not untill after the League.