• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fighting Ire With Fire! (631)

great episode , just watched it , the evolution might not be the most spectacular one but it was ok.
Anyway i thought infernape would be bigger in size ,and he seems so small :D

Blaziryu

The episode was okay, I guess. I was expecting it to be better than it was. Funny how Shinji just stood there & watch Ash & co. being attack by TR. I mad that Barry has all 8 badges before Ash. They should've made Chimchar evolve from battling Barry's Empoleon instead corny TR.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Nice episode, but couldn't possibly live up to the hype around Monferno's evolution.

I think that's partially our own fault. More the animators' fault though for including Infernape in the new opening. I think if they hadn't, then we might have probably thought Flint was appearing here with his Monferno or something.

Anyway aside from that, I still wasn't too impressed with this episode. Barry could have used something else, Staraptor could have easily pushed Monferno to its limit like Empoleon did. I don't quite get what the point of Electabuzz using Protect to stop the mecha from falling was about...other than the obvious answer, a plot point.

Wait Paul respecting Ash? Not my Paul. This isn't right because it's not his character. Wow the writers screwed him up and to say the least i knew this was bound to happen anyways but why now? i guess these are Paul's last moments but anyways the episode was okay.

Paul is impressed by Ash and that doesn't mean he respects Ash but even if it happens we always knew that this day will come. Maybe Paul is considering Ash a competitor now. This episode was just like Umbreon debut episode in Johto where Gary finally starts starts thinking of Ash as a tough rival.

I love that Infernape is so ugly. It's hideous, it's a monstrosity but it's so horrifying it makes it cool. :D

Welcome the kick*ss Pokemon on Ash's team.

We didn't got to see much of its power but it surely will be the major powerhouse of the league.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Let's be honest here: The episode didn't feel all too special. What was stopping them from placing this anywhere? The battle with Barry, the Team Rocket Mecha, Paul showing up... All of that seems insertable in almost any episode after Chimchar's previous Evolution. But I did get my wish of it not being an in-battle evolution like many others before it. And while Paul was there, he wasn't the cause of the evolution.

Speaking of Paul and some of the disasifaction of him getting a small attitude change... to that I say, "well yeah!" It took getting to Infernape for even a small reaction to show up. We can count the number of times a Pokemon fully evolves 3-stages on one hand. And he's not a totally changed man by the way; he's still the same ol' murderous-intent Paul. It's going to take a WHOLE HEAPING HELPING of winning from Ash to get him to loosen up.

So, back to the Valor Lakefront for the Grand Festival? Cool, cool. Most of us thought it was going to be Hearthome but I can't say I'm disappointed with this choice.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Thought it was a very good episode IMO not amazing but very good

I liked it because of all it revealed more so than anything. I liked the whole evolution sequence but that it would have been cooler if they did it while ash was holdinh him and monferno trying to break free from him

I was surprised but happy to see barry had all 8 badges......was this spoiled earlier or something? Would've thought they'd pull a morrison with him and have him rushing to get his last badge but ah well what you gonna do??

Really shocked that the GF is at Lake Valor i was nearly 100 per cent on it being at the ribbon society. It's a good spot for it al; the same

With that in my mind i now believe Ash has more of a chance for BF because now the ribbon society can be something completely new with like one big huge contest/festival there which dawn can compete in at some satge while ash is on the island collecting prints/whatever they decide to do with it

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Can we just be happy that it evolved? I mean geez at least Paul wasn't responsible this time, nor was Team Rocket for that matter, if anything Barry's the one at fault.

This makes me wonder though if Ash has finally gotten Infernape to control Blaze or not, because it seems to me when Blaze kicks in, Monferno..well now Infernape could possibly snap and go on a killing rampage if it gets weakend.

I really like Paul's attitude towards Barry, maybe now that he's actually met him Barry will wise up and realise he's not like he thought he was, also loved Paul's expressions as well, i mean you could so tell he was angry when Monferno evolved, I loved it.

Like I said earlier the only real disapointing factor for me was the fact that Infernape didn't pick up any new moves. (athough it's increased Flame Wheel size is bonafied scary...) but then again it probably would've been too predictable if it had picked up a new move.

Overall a great episode, now onto sunnyshore!

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Really liked the interactions between the rivals. Even though Paul declined his request, Jun still kept trying. And I like that Paul somewhat respects Ash now. He can tell that Ash has become stronger and works with them really well. He now considers Ash as a challenge, as a rival should. And of course Ash and Jun still are friends. Nice to see the two react alot.

Lake Valor for festival. Looks like Dawn is heading back to her stomping grounds.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I liked this episode my favorite part was when Ash and Monferno were in the fiery caccoon. That could end up being a new move for 5th Gen (joking) Flame Screen (weakens special grass, bug, and steel moves aimed at the user).

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
This episode looks good. Paul actually helped Pikachu, Piplup and Empoleon at the end. Well, Piplup could of got crushed for all I care.

Anybody notice that Barry doesn't have the Veilstone, Pastoria or Snowpoint badges?

Anybody know what Paul said to Barry, and what Paul said after Monferno evolved?

Last edited:

TheNewGuy

I thought that bit towards the end was Flare Blitz, when he caught Emp, Pikachu and Piplup - he did seem to coat himself in fire - but I guess not.

Looks like Flint will teach him it, and that's only in a couple of weeks. I think he'll learn Blast Burn in a last ditch effort to get the edge on Paul's Electabuzz/vire or his Torterra, meaning he has upgraded from Flamethrower and Flame Wheel into two more powerful attacks.

Thriller

Its almost time
So what is Lake Valor? You mean Lake Mesprit?

All of those Lakes have too similar names for me to care unless I call them by their respective Pixie locations.

V Faction

www.faction.com
All of those Lakes have too similar names for me to care unless I call them by their respective Pixie locations.

I... what?

Lake Acuity (North)
Lake Valor (East)
Lake Verity (West)

Off the top of my head. And of all the ones talked about, Lake Valor has to be the most famous. It has the Valor Lakefront. It's the one closest to Sunyshore. They had the Wallace Cup there.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Barry meets Paul for the first time. That just HAD to be good!

Also, surprisingly, Monferno looked cuter under Blaze than it did as a Chimchar! This is the ONE AND ONLY TIME Monferno outcutes Chimchar!

And then it evolved again and became even uglier still! *shoots self as promised*

lutzu

This episode looks good. Paul actually helped Pikachu, Piplup and Empoleon at the end. Well, Piplup could of got crushed for all I care.

Anybody notice that Barry doesn't have the Veilstone, Pastoria or Snowpoint badges?

Anybody know what Paul said to Barry, and what Paul said after Monferno evolved?

well Ash wanted Paul to battle against Infernape and he said that he will battle at shinnoh league against him and infernape and what i could gather with it seems that Ash and Barry wanted to have a 3vs3 battle(please someone with better understanting of the language corect me if i'm wrong)

NES

Flip me to the side!
Infernape is weird but sort of cool.

I like them tying loose ends or hinting them at least, like now Paul knows about Infernape, Barry getting his last badge, and even the ribbons which hint Jessie will go and get them. Ursula too i guess.

Oh talking about Jessie and James, i just love the rockers disguise, they have used it before and it's nice they bring it back.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

The episode was really boring and just how I expected it Infernape is small. I still love the monkey. I wish the evolution was more special. Chimchar's was better delivered.

You're expecting the tiniest fully evolved starter Pokemon to be big?

It's still as tall as Ash or taller, and no one argue because it wasn't standing straight up, it was still hunched over. Assuming it could stand fully erect, it's looks likely to be taller than Ash.

So it's at least bigger than in the games.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Guess I thought it was strange to memorize them by the pixies than their actual names. Whatever works, works, I suppose.

So yeah, Valor Lakefront - Mesprit - the pixie connected to Ash in the anime - site of the Wallace Cup - also know as Lakeside Resort. That's where The Big G is being held. With a location like that, the plan to head to Sunyshore (for the Gym), then to the Grand Festival, THEN to the League (provided its still in the same place as the games) won't cause much travel time, since they have to essentially backtrack twice. It's rather smart of them.