• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fighting Ire With Fire! (631)

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
This episode was awesome, but there are two things in particular that blew my mind:

1) I could have sworn that Monferno decapitated somebody when it used Flame Wheel on TR's balloon. Seriously, it looked like Monferno just took someone's head off in that scene.

2) The kind of abuse that Ash takes in this show as a whole is simply absurd. There have been numerous instances where he has fallen at least 100 feet from the sky, and when he lands, he shakes it off like he just tripped over his shoelaces or something. This episode is a perfect example of that kind of logic. He had been hit by Flame Wheel three times, I think, and that final time, he even gets surrounded by a ring of fire from Monferno. And somehow... when all is said and done... he's perfectly fine; not even a scratch on him. WHAT KIND OF SENSE DOES THAT MAKE?!? I mean, for crying out loud, in real life, he would've f***ing died from severe burns to his entire body, and yet, even his damn clothes come out just fine! I know this is supposed to be a cartoon, but would it kill the animators to show a little realism every now and then?!

Okay, rant over. Bottom line, this episode was cool (Infernape ftw!), albeit COMPLETELY illogical concerning Ash's "burns."
My first thoughts after seeing the episode. What Ash is prepared to do for the well-being his Pokemon... Now, it's getting 7. degree burns. But the scriptwriters won't have that, and Ash gets Heatproof.
I loved James' preparational speech, when he was explaining the new plan.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Yay, Infernape in English! Except they pronounced it In-FER-nape and I always pronounced it IN-fer-nape (I haven't watched Movie 10). Ah well... I'll get used to it.

In the scene where Protects fails, Team Rocket's Machine falls and Paul goes "NO!", I laughed. Because deeeeep inside he will feel sad if Electabuzz gets squished. Aww. I love it when grouchy characters do something nice then get all embarassed. Heheheheh.

In the Japanese version he said "Elebuu" ("Eletcbuzz!")

Brumrha

Banned
Now that Dawn has her final ribbon, it's time for her to stop hogging the limelight, & start letting Ash have his share.

- As the gang are continuing on in their quest for glory, they find a huge crowd gathering around in another War-Zone.
- Turns out, that Barry is in the thick of this, but for this one, he's actually beating the @$#% out of another SOB trainer.
- Once Barry wins this fight, Ash comes along to greet him, & in their conversation, Barry brings up the fact that he has all eight badges. What I find strange about this is that in only six episodes, he manages to get both the Hearthome & Sunyshore Badges, which turns him from being an underdog, to a candidate for the Sinnoh League. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
- During this, we get an (unwelcome) visit by none other than Ash's punk rival, Paul.
- Barry, meet Paul! This is going to go really well...
- Barry asks him for a fight, but Paul refuses, as he has better intentions than to waste his time with an ADHD trainer like Barry.
- However, once Ash brings the topic of the Sunyshore Gym into the conversation, we get two completely different opinions; Barry thought that it was the best. gym. evar., whilst Paul thinks otherwise...
- Meanwhile, TR is eavesdropping on them, in which they get a hell of a brain-wave: Instead of capturing their Pokemon, why not imprison their trainers, & then capture their Pokemon. A brain-wave it is, indeed.
- Frustrated over Paul refusing to fight him, Barry goes after the next best thing: Ash.
- WAR START!! Empoleon VS Monferno, FIGHT!!!!
- I can't really remember most of the details of this fight, but I do know that in this part, Monferno gives Empoleon a run-around with both Mach Punch & Dig.
- Empoleon fires off the H2O version off the SBC, & since it's well-aimed, it hits Monferno square on. That's a critical hit to the nads here, people!
- The attack send Monferno flying off into god knows where, which has Ash worried, for really good reasons.
- That, however, becomes the least of their worries, as TR makes their move, & encases the gang as well as Barry in pink spheres.
- They then go after Pikachu, Piplup, & Empoleon, as they're reciting their motto... MUTE THE #@%$ING TELEVISION!!!
- The sign that their idea is brilliant: Brock calls in Happiny to destroy their prison, but all it does is send them all over the place, no thanks to their prison being a sphere.
- However, they've never expected Ash's Monferno to come sprawling out from where it was sent, & ooh boy is it ablaze!
- Monferno's flaming fury quickly breaks Ash's sphere, & then he immediately tries to get it under control, to no effect.
- Monferno directs it's blind rage over to TR, which gets them in a hell of a pickle, literally!
- Then, all of a sudden, an Electabuzz comes out?!
- He comes beneath TR & uses Protect to keep TR from crashing down, & thus crushing these Pokemon to their deaths. Wait, is that Paul's?? Yes, it is.
- Ash tries again to get it under control, & this time, we get results.
- Monferno gets upgraded once more into Infernape. YES!!!
- Infernape bashes the cage with a Mach Punch, which shatters it like brittle glass.
- With the Pokemon safe, Infernape engulfs TR into a fiery vortex, & blows them away.
- It then bashes the other spheres that are holding the other trainers, save for Paul, & everything's back to normal.

Whew! That absolutely got me going, especially since Ash now has an Infernape to call his own! However, I will give credit to TR for coming up with something that almost worked. There were some flaws with their plan: they need to account for all of the trainers in their immediate vicinity, & they need to get all of their Pokemon accounted for; otherwise, all their work will be for naught.

Rebeccag

Great episode love Barry he makes me laugh so much espically when he says im gonna fine you haha. Great to see Paul again and its also good to see that Ash has reflected on the 6-6 battle. The Barry/Paul interaction was great as well and also a little bit of contest mention as well even if Dawn has won her 5 ribbons Jessie still has a chance to get 5 ribbons as well
And woop for Monferno evolving into Infernape Infernape looks really strong I love it ^_^. And yeah Paul saving Pikachu/Piplup/Emploron as well I was like yay. And Infernapes look to Electabuzz as well was really good as it was saying how Infernape and Electabuzz since Infernape was a Chimchar. And a Reggie mention as well. So yeah great episode

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
Wait, I just noticed something!!!! Okay, at the start of the ep., when Barry's battling that guy, look at the people in the crowd! (particularly the one at the right) All of them look REALLY weird and one of them has green eyes!!! Look at them every time the camera moves. o_O Also, isn't it kinda random when the camera goes to Paul for 5 seconds? "Hmm."
"Oh, no! Monferno!"
(Just stares)

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I am sure Ash will bring Infernape in his battle against Paul in the sinnoh league

I didn't check all the posts here, but did this episode get skipped for anyone else?
Where I live it did! YTV went straight to playing "Flint Light's the Fire!"
Is there anything that happens in the episode that would have it not get played?
Or maybe it was just a programming error?
Whatever the reason, here's hoping they play it here next week (possibly).

Edit: They did!
You know, seeing this episode played after "Flint Lights the Fire!" made me think that Monfernos evolution won't be as awesome as it would be.
But it was!
I'm so happy now that Ash has an Infernape now!

In the first scene that TR was in, James voice sounded different. Dose he have a new voice actor or something?

After seeing this episode after the next episode, I don't blame Paul for calling Sunnyshore Gym "Not legit!" I wouldn't claim the badge from gym that doesn't provide a battle to earn the badge. I'd want to fight to earn what's rightfully mine!

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. It was great to see Monferno finally evolve into Infernape. It was cool how Monferno's Blaze surrounded Monferno and Ash and in the middle of that made Monferno evolve into Infernape. It was interesting to see Paul's Electabuzz actually provide some help for the Gang when the Pokemon were trapped in a cage and were about to crash. Odd how Monferno's out of control Blaze ability was triggered by Monferno being blasted away by Hydro Cannon.

60/100

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Good episode, awesome to see Monferno evolving! Good to see we also discovered Ash's ability is Heatproof (not that he's not survived being blasted by fire millions of times before). Paul seemed to warm up to Ash a bit in this episode, sort of requesting a battle or something. Monferno's evolution was awesome, and Infernape is absolutely awesome!

James' little speech at the beginning was good as well, I don't even know why but I liked it :')

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was great. It was awesome seeing Barry again aswell as his Empoleon. It was also cool to see Empoleon battle Monferno. It was cool to see Blaze get activated again but not so cool when Monferno went out of control. And to make matters worse Team Rocket decide to show up. It was very strange to see Paul help the gang. It was very cool to see Monferno evolve into Infernape.

Burakoru

Belly Slide
My favorite part of this episode was when Blaze was activated, watching him go nuts was always fun to watch to me.

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
I lol when for like 5 minutes, happiny and brock were rolling around in those team rocket trap balls

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
This episode was fun. It was cool to see two of Ash's rivals in the same episode. And now let the Infernape spamming begin!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Hmm, Barry meets his idol, Monferno evolves, Team Rocket concoct an interesting plan. All makes for an interesting episode. Of course any episode in seasons 11-13 are automatically better for me if they have Barry. :D

7/10