• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fighting Mono Team

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
This team is almost identical to the one I used in fourth gen, with a few adjustments. This team is designed to be used in double battles, mostly against other mono type teams, but also against standard teams. I'm making this team on Black, as I don't have access to PO anymore.

175px-237Hitmontop.png

Hitmontop @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 Def
Nature: Adamant
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Close Combat

Fake Out one opponent while Infernape does the same to the other. Life Orb gives power to the already powered up Fake Out and Mach Punch. Sucker Punch covers Ghosts, but only if they're going to attack me. Close Combat provides extra power if needed.

190px-392Infernape.png

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Atk
Nature: Hasty/Naïve
- Fake Out
- Grass Knot
- Heat Wave
- Vacuum Wave

Fake Out removes the opponent's Focus Sash while keeping my own. Grass Knot and Heat Wave provide coverage, and Vacuum Wave provides priority. With a Focus Sash and already low defenses, 4 Attack EVs and a defense hindering nature will give Fake Out a small boost.

190px-448Lucario.png

Lucario @ Choice Specs
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Sp. Def
Nature: Timid
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Vacuum Wave

Although Aura Sphere and Vacuum Wave cover the same thing, Aura Sphere provides power while Vacuum Wave provides priority, obviously. The rest is for coverage, since I can't set up with Choice Specs.
This is the only Pokémon I have on my game, and so it is the only Pokémon I cannot make changes to. Useful changes, that is.

200px-475Gallade.png

Gallade @ Muscle Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Nature: Jolly
- Bulk Up
- Shadow Sneak
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat

I normally play with Item Clause, and I don't like the idea of having two Choiced Pokémon on my team, especially in doubles. Close Combat is the best STAB move available, and Rock Slide and Shadow Sneak are for coverage, as well as priority in the case of Shadow Sneak. I find that Rock Slide is superior to Stone Edge, mostly for its accuracy, but this is completely true in doubles. While Stone Edge is strong, Rock Slide will hit both opponents, it can also cause flinching. Bulk Up increases Attack and Defense. Being the only Pokémon on this team that doesn't resist Dark, Justified is a good way to set up.

170px-062Poliwrath.png

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 200 HP, 200 Atk, 48 Sp. Def, 52 Spe
Nature: Quiet
- Surf
- Payback
- Bulk Up
- Brick Break

Surf allows Toxicroak to heal as well as hit both opponents. Bulk Up increases Attack and Defense, enabling me to hit harder and take more hits, which will be useful for Payback. Brick Break is a good STAB move that will remove Reflect and Light Screen if my opponent has either one up. The Quiet nature gives Surf a little more power, but lowers Speed. This is accommodated with the givin Speed EVS and Swift Swim.

200px-454Toxicroak.png

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
- Rain Dance
- Ice Punch
- ?
- Thunderpunch

Rain Dance allows Toxicroak to heal and power up Poliwrath. Ice Punch and Thunderpunch give it the "BoltBeam" combo.
I had Sucker Punch and Rock Slide on Toxicroak before, but Gallade and Poliwrath lost access to Ice Punch and Thunderpunch with their DW abilities.

I was unable to test this team out much when I had PO, so I don't know how well it actually works.

Last edited:

Ilan

Drain punch> poison jab on toxicroak cause it gives more coverage and healing while poison jab gives coverage on grass...? it is 5th gen so it's got a nice boost in gen 5.

if you want you could use bulk up on gallade instead of psycho cut cause you have perfect coverage already and with bulk up you can be more powerfull.

as far as I know HP is always superior to any other defence in EV uping so maybe consider using 252 HP EV on poliwrath.

you can use terrakion instead of gallade cause it is gen 5 and terrakion is one of the best fighting types same for conkeldurr.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Thank you for the tips. Drain Punch never came to mind, and I didn't check my coverage with Gallade.

I see more Terrakion in doubles than I do of any other Pokémon in singles, so I like to design my teams to only counter it, not use it.
As strong as Conkeldurr is, I hate it.

I have a Meinshao, which has served well as a Fake Out lead, but I think Infernape and Hitmontop will work better on this team.

GrassTypes.

Try a choice scarf for the double speed on Infernape

pokemonjeff

interested trader
Choice pokes in doubles? I don't really care for that, but if your into it.

Anyway. Nape needs a different nature, one that removes defense and not attack (Which it needs for fake out), since your sashing it removing some defences doesn't really matter.

EmeraldGoblin

Rehab, no. Dead.
Thank you for the tips. Drain Punch never came to mind, and I didn't check my coverage with Gallade.

I see more Terrakion in doubles than I do of any other Pokémon in singles, so I like to design my teams to only counter it, not use it.
As strong as Conkeldurr is, I hate it.

I have a Meinshao, which has served well as a Fake Out lead, but I think Infernape and Hitmontop will work better on this team.

drain punch + ice punch is not legal on the same set. Toxicroak does not learn drain punch until gen 5 by breeding, and he learns ice punch by move tutor in gen 4

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Choice pokes in doubles? I don't really care for that, but if your into it.

Anyway. Nape needs a different nature, one that removes defense and not attack (Which it needs for fake out), since your sashing it removing some defences doesn't really matter.
Smogon suggested Timid, so that's what I went with. Thinking about it, you're right. Fake Out isn't going to do much, but the more it will do, the better it will be.

drain punch + ice punch is not legal on the same set. Toxicroak does not learn drain punch until gen 5 by breeding, and he learns ice punch by move tutor in gen 4
I didn't know that. Thank you for letting me know.

lol you're using Croak and Wrath w/o rain
Toxicroak knows Rain Dance.

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Lucario @ Life Orb/Air Balloon
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Sp. Def
Nature: Timid
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Vacuum Wave

The coverage from this set is good enough. Lucario likes to boost and kill. Trust me, I've used this set before.

Changes in bold.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
As much as I like that set more, I already have my Lucario, which can only learn Nasty Plot as a Riolu. Besides, that's what the Choice Specs are for.

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
As much as I like that set more, I already have my Lucario, which can only learn Nasty Plot as a Riolu. Besides, that's what the Choice Specs are for.

>_< I thought you were using a simulator, my bad.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
No. I don't have access to PO anymore. :( I should probably say that in the intro.