• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Files Disappeared?

thunder2910

Loves pizza
I was looking for my folder on the side bar and noticed that it was gone and a search through Finder, didn't locate it either nor when I looked through Trash, I restarted it and the folder still didn't show up.

I was able to regain one file by using the recent files feature of the Illustrator program, however when I tried to search for the other ones it came up with a message that the file didn't exist. And I never deleted anything, so what happened? I've created a folder on the desktop so it won't disappear now (I hope) and I don't have any back-up. I use OSX and it has Maverick.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I was looking for my folder on the side bar and noticed that it was gone and a search through Finder, didn't locate it either nor when I looked through Trash, I restarted it and the folder still didn't show up.

I was able to regain one file by using the recent files feature of the Illustrator program, however when I tried to search for the other ones it came up with a message that the file didn't exist. And I never deleted anything, so what happened? I've created a folder on the desktop so it won't disappear now (I hope) and I don't have any back-up. I use OSX and it has Maverick.

If they're gone then they're gone. There's really nothing you can do at this point, some one or some thing deleted them.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I see, oh well I'll start saving important stuff on a USB then and keep the folders in check

Try keeping an eye on things to see if it happens again, or if there is any consistency as to what gets deleted, such as things saved to a certain place or by a certain program. Also go through your installed programs and make sure you know what each one is and what it does, if there's anything strange that you don't remember installing then remove it.