• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Filling out the Roster <Shedinja / Sableye>

White Lotus

Enlightened Monk
This is my team for XD <Orre> / 2v2 ...

Scyther w/Bright Powder
JOLLY <+Spd / -Satt>
'Swarm' - Ups Bug when hp 1/3
Hp 289 / Att 319 / Def 182 / Satt 107 / Sdef 188 / Spd 330
- Silver Wind
- Safeguard
- Swagger
- Protect
<Lead Safeguard - Swagger Agiligross / Slaking w/no confusion>

Metagross w/Shell Bell
ADAMENT <+Att / -Satt>
'Clear Body' - Negates stat reduction
Hp 336 / Att 405 / Def 285 / Satt 190 / Sdef 214 / Spd 200
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Agility
- Explosion
<Other Lead - Utter Destruction - Boom when its done>

Gengar w/Focus Band
TIMID <+Spd / -Att>
'Levitate' - Immune to Ground
Hp 270 / Att 107 / Def 110 / Satt 350 / Sdef 171 / Spd 350
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Skill Swap
- Destiny Bond
<Bolt / Beamish - Immune to earthquake + explosion so he complements agiligross well - Skill swaps 'Truant' off of Slaking and onto the enemy>

Slaking w/Leftovers
JOLLY <+Spd / -Satt>
'Truant' - Act every other turn / skill swap to 'Levitate'
Hp 500 / Att 356 / Def 213 / Satt 202 / Sdef 193 / Spd 300
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Bulk Up
- Slack Off
<Tank - Last man standing - Bulk Up and pound away>

(The stats are lv.100 even though they're at lv.70 right now - I didn't use EV's because all the stats aren't 31 IV's so i thought it would be easier.)

Now this team has wrecked anything the computer could throw at me so I'm not looking for help there...but I'm looking to fill out my last 2 slots. I can't decide on just who to use. One train of thought is to use Bellyzard <Charizard - Belly Drum / Earthquake / Aerial Ace / Flamethrower> + I'm looking for a compliment??? Or the other way i'm leaning is Shedinja + Sableye.

With skill swap gengar i can swap 'Wonder Guard' off of shedinja and onto sableye who has no weakness. 'Broken Guard' then he can just Focus Punch / Shadow Ball / Toxic away with total immunity. I just wish sableye could learn Curse / Belly Drum / Sword Dance but total immunity is still pretty nifty.<wink wink> Now this leaves me open to many questions my sableye will probably look like this

Sableye w/Scope Lens
ADAMENT <+Att / -Satt>
'Keen Eye' - Immune to accuracy loss / skill swap to 'Wonder Guard'
IV's 31 in Att / Spd / Hp - EV's 252 Att / Spd
- Focus Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Taunt / Rest / Recover
<No weaknesses + 'Wonder Guard' = Broken>

I really need shedinja help as i've never even looked at it before - it will have no wonder guard so its not long for this world. I really wish i could put Explosion / Self Destuct / Destiny Bond on it but i can't so any moves that will help after he dies would be cool - Grudge is probably the best he got maybe Torment any advice would help. Also a combo for Bellyzard not named Swampert?

Sorry for the novel guys <rubs eyes> and sorry for posting it in the wrong forum before.

XDbonsly

Bonsly lover 4 life!
1. Sableye is weak against bug (x4)
2. You cant skill swap wonder guard, you will just waste a attack.
Other tham that it is a good team. Instead of ol' Sheddy try this Ultra poke in a double batttle:
Snorlax@Chesto
Explosion
Rest
Bellydrum
Curse
Strategy:BellyDrum, rest (Chesto heal), Curse x5, explosion.

Last edited:

White Lotus

Enlightened Monk
Sableye is weak to no type. <Bug = 2x Dark - 1/2x Ghost> so it just hits him regular. I've semi given up on this set because sableyes stats + movepool stinks out loud even with 'broken guard'.

Right now i'm workin on STalk / Choice Band Heracross.

Heracross w/Choice Band
JOLLY <+Spd / -Satt>
'Guts' - x1.5 Att when statused
EV's : Spd 252 / Att 252 / Hp 1
- Megahorn
- Focus Punch
- Rock Slide
- Sleep Talk
<Choice Band - covers some attack types - When sleep gets CB + Guts and Focus Punch glitches with Sleep Talk and doesn't need the set up>

his partner in crime would be...

Togetic w/Leftovers
Calm or Bold
'Serene Grace'
EV's : Hp / Def / Sdef
- Follow Me
- Light Screen
- Yawn
- Wish / Softboiled
<Total Support - Wish + Light Screen helps whole team - Follow Me lets Hera Focus Punch w/no sleep - Yawn sets up Hera and/or forces switches>

I'd also change Scyther's Silver Wind -> Aerial Ace <Fight Types are my main threat - and megahorn can take care of psychics/darks. Gengar's Destiny Bond -> Hypnosis <would also help set up Heracross>

What do you think?

You cant skill swap wonder guard from a shedinja...

Shock

<--- Teh kewl ghost!
You cant skill swap wonder guard from a shedinja...

Why not? And (s)he isn't gonna use Sableye anymore anyway... But it's a great team. I won't change it.

White Lotus

Enlightened Monk
I didn't know you couldn't swap wonder guard. You learn something new everyday. I dropped the idea anyway cause sableye makes me vomit. How bad of a poke do you have to be when i'm not gonna use him even though i thought i could make him invincable. He's just yuck. Learning you can't swap 'wonder guard' just makes me think i choose right. So what do you think of Heracross idea + tweaks to the team?

By the by - I'm a man baby. <7 year old reference to Austin Powers>

Why not? And (s)he isn't gonna use Sableye anymore anyway... But it's a great team. I won't change it.
Because the wonderguard blocks it....

White Lotus

Enlightened Monk
You miss the point XDBonsly. All pokes aren't just one thing there for go for the best. Togetic's main purpose is Follow Me which allows my Choice Banded Heracross to get in free Focus Punches at Att 350 + CB = Att 525 and that's without the STAB bonus. I'm sorry I just don't know how you took a poke with no attack moves and suggested 1 with all attack moves + softboiled. If you wanna help my main decision right now is between Yawn / Counter and Wish / Softboiled. Follow Me and Light Screen are in.

For the record :
Bug 2x Grass / Psychic / Dark
Bug 1/2x Fire / Fight / Poison / Flying / Ghost / Steel

howdodo

will be the best
I re-checked it, Dark gets x1 damage from bug and ghost gets x2 from bug. That Togetic is just an annoyer, If you want an annoyer than get a Blissey that knows:
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Water Pulse
Softboiled

if u mean this then heres some advice: DONT EVER RATE EVER AGAIN
o yeah and sableye is weak to bug x4

I re-checked it, Dark gets x1 damage from bug and ghost gets x2 from bug. That Togetic is just an annoyer, If you want an annoyer than get a Blissey that knows:
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Water Pulse
Softboiled
If you new what an Annoyer was then you didnt post this =\
Blissey- Leftovers, Thunderwave/Seismicc Toss/Softboiled/Aromatherapy

Lathspell

Ok, for starters, Sableye has no weak. Ghost type is resistant to Bug and Dark type is weak to bug, so it cancels out. But beyond that, and on topic, Hera is a great poke, but if you're going to use Togetic or any other poke with follow me, Bellyzard is even better. He sweeps everything with Earthquake + Max Atk. Even Hera with Focus Punch and CB can't match that boosed Atk stat. But I don't know for sure if berries in XD activate on 50% or 25% like in the rest, although I'm almost pozitive it's still 25%. If it's 25, then lose either Flamethrower or Aerial Ace for Substitute and get PseudoBellyzard. 50% Hp cut from belly drum and another 25% from the Sub activates the Salac berry, making Charizard even faster, and the perfect sweeper. As long as he doesn't get hit to much...

White Lotus

Enlightened Monk
What's Up Lathspell. I'm used to seeing you over at PC. It's funny you mention Bellyzard cause it came down between him and Heracross but i decided on Heracross because his attacks fill in weaknesses on my team. I already have a Bellyzard i used in my Fire Red team and i used Sub / Pass Vaporeon to set him up <dominate he was>. Ultimately though Hera's Fight / Rock combo of moves covers my other pokes main weaknesses <Fire / Steel> + his Bug attack allowed me to change Scyther's Silver Wind -> Aerial Ace which covers my biggest weak <Fight>. I'll also use Gengar to sleep my heracross allowing him to Sleep Talk at i did the math

Att 350 + 175 <CB> = 525 + 262 <Guts> = Att 787
Megahorn <120> + STAB / Focus Punch <150> + STAB
Rock Slide <75>

The coolest part is how it effects FP canceling out the setup since it doesn't know sleep talk is gonna select it. If i'm faster free FP. Togetic is really there to help my Heracross Focus Punch without sleep talk. A CB + STAB Focus Punch is nothing to sneeze at. my final togetic will look like this...

Togetic w/Quick Claw
Calm <+Sdef / -Att>
'Serene Grace'
EV's: Hp 252 / Def 176 / Sdef 80
- Follow Me
- Light Screen
- Counter
- Softboiled

Thank god someone also knows sableye is not 4x weak to bug. They must be reading it of somewhere w/ bad info.

Last edited:

Lathspell

Well, with the same moves, if you're not using Bellyzard, I believe you were smart enough not to use Earthquake on Hera, you can go just as well, even better, with Clefable. It learns the same moves, it's defenses are a bit smaller, but not much, and the 40 base difference in HP makes it better for Follow Me. And Cute Charm is way better than Serene Grace for what you want. Indeed, it is weak to fighting, but so is blissey, and this thing has the defense to survive that. Oh, yeah, and try Cosmic Power as an option over Light Screen.

Btw, didn't notice it was you dude. Finally, someone with a bit of experience. There are good team builders around here, but I can count them on one hand (no offence guys, it took me a very long time to learn what I know now, and I still consider myself a newbie...well, compared to Mullet, AB, Sync, Husk, etc, everyone looks like newbs :p)

White Lotus

Enlightened Monk
compared to Mullet, AB, Sync, Husk, etc, everyone looks like newbs :p)

I hear ya man - I listen to shanecdavis above all over there so i'd throw him in the mix too but i always feel like a newb around those guys. They're at a whole nother level. I didn't think of the hp factor. I checked out follow me on smogs and went down the list till i saw the best def / sdef combo - you read me like a book. I prefer Light Screen over Cosmic Power cause I wanted some protection for my Agiligross and Slaking as it seems like SATT is always what gets em - although even that is rare. <What's Modesty?> Cute Charm is infinitely better then either of his skills. But I'm not just using him w/Heracross but all my main attackers, Slaking and Metagross and flying next to Metagross is must have - see Sycther and Gengar. Follow me can swing the tide if i need a desperate Agility before i Explode or he can make bulking up much easier as well. I really wish i could transplant that cute charm on togetic now cause his two skills don't effect anything.

Any way its definitely nice to exchange with someone who isn't allergic to strategy and doesn't say replace Follow Me w/ Hyper Beam. No offense guys.

blaziken05

We wouldn't tell you to put hyper beam>follow me. Hyper beam is usable on like 3 things, and that's only as a pseudo-explosion.

White Lotus

Enlightened Monk
I didn't mean all of you:

That Togetic is just an annoyer, If you want an annoyer than get a Blissey that knows:
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Water Pulse
Softboiled

This almost made my head explode. Not only did he totally diregard the purpose of a poke calling it just an annoyer. He then suggested a disgusting Blissey build that ISN'T EVEN AN ANNOYER. I might not know much, but i know i don't wanna Special Sweep Blissey. Ironically he left out the 1 special attack i've seen blissey use Ice Beam.

I'm sorry if i insulted any of the posters here who actually know what they are talking about. I shouldn't have lumped everyone in 1 group. That was wrong and i'm sorry.

Hey Lathspell you really put me in the torture chamber with this clefable / togetic thing. I was so secure in using togetic until your post. I went back and did a side by side comparison and now i'm really torn. That's what a good post should do - make you think.

Last edited:

Lathspell

Actually, that set is quite usable on Blissey. You just choose Serene Grace instead of Natural Cure. Thunderbolt paralizes, Psychic lowers sp.Def and Water Pulse confuses. It's a good set, and I saw many players use it. But...Blissey is meant to be a special sponge. That doesn't mean it can't be used as something else...