• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Films that bring a tear to your eye

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
Toy Story 3 and Wall•E are the only movies I have really teared up from, but never actually cried. Mainly the endings and possible fate in both.

I'm definitely going to have to watch The Notebook with some friends one of these days.

For all of you who teared up at UP, you can thank the great Pete Docter. ;)

There's only two movies that have ever made me cry. Even Toy Story 3 didn't bring a tear to these eyes, but these two did:

-Harry Potter 7 Part 1 both times, so it could count as two.
and
-Kill Bill Vol. 2 when....
Beatrix finds out her daughter is still alive and when she kills Bill. Holy crap that was sad.

Derp

[Something funny]
Toy Story 3 had a very well done ending but it was just so sad and I could not hold back my tears when I first saw it.

shiney mew

Marsh Trainer
Paulie, when Marie's parents send away the bird who was her only friend, and all the poor girl can do is yell to him how much she loves him as her parents restrain her from chasing down the van... *tears up just thinking about it* What makes it even worse is the fact that before he started telling the story, you could see that he ended up alone in a dark basement at a lab. D:

There's a few others, like Toy Story 3, but this is the first one I thought of.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
The end of Iron Giant when the Giant sacrifices himself to stop the missile. It was a pretty sad thing for me when I was young.

ebevan91

Marley and Me.

Pretty depressing movie.

Venomrec

Spider-man 3 where Harry dies. Damn me for killing him!!

Peter Quill

star-lord
The Lion King makes me cry like a little girl every time I see it now.

Also, The Green Mile made me tear up.

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
Star Wars Episode III and VI in the end, Toy Story 3 in the end, and Inception near the end.

I am glad someone else shares Star Wars Episode III as a film that makes you cry.

Lis4Real25

Toy Story 3's ending because I loved the series since I was a kid.

Tangled I did a little bit.

Disney's Tarzan's Beginning and when "You'll be in my heart" is played.(Something about that song brings a tear to my eye.)

Land Before Time

Disney's Hercules

I also cried in Lion King too.

Theres probably more but I can't remember.

Last edited:

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
Bridge to Terabithia.

OH GAWD, WHY?!?

Brave Bird

Chatot Fan
Titanic...yeah i said it, I'm a softie for that one...
hmm....any cliche movie about a tale of a dog going across the world to find his beloved partner...
usually its music that does this, so if I ever cry to a scene in a movie it usually has a great emotional soundtrack.

uprockingdude

Veteran Breeder
like said before me titanic its the best movie ever if 3d was popular when it was out it would have slaughtered avatar in the box office. I dont think there is a movie as close to perfect to it.

but how couldnt you cry at it

Sea Swampert

being piratey
Bridge to Terabithia.

OH GAWD, WHY?!?

WHY DID YOU REMIND ME OF THAT MOVIE!!! I HATED IT SOOO MUCH!!!

this is really an odd ball one but jurassic park... i used to cry at the end all the time

LuciRuki

Born This Way
A Time To Kill.

When Carl Lee's daughter runs to him after the trial and hugs him. I cry every time.
Carl Lee is innocent for killing the two men who raped and tortured his daughter.
I just love it!

-LuciRuki-

cazatron

Precious: based on the novel Push by Sapphire earns the title of being the only movie to almost make me cry... when Precious finally breaks down.... :(

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
An anime movie called, "Fireflies in the Grave"

It's about a big brother watching over his little sister while his mom died during a bombardment in Japan from the USA. They steal food to try to live. They go to certain places around Japan and they cherish great memories forever. They soon find a cave and they set it up with the furniture from their old home.

The sister dies from starvation. Then, the brother dies in a Train station asking for Rice Balls