1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Final Battle! Ash VS Kukui!! (1084)

Discussion in 'Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Ultra Legends' started by Serebii, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

[​IMG]
    Final Battle! Ash VS Kukui!!

As Ash is the league champion of the Alola Region, the time has come for the special exhibition match. With his identity now revealed, Professor Kukui battles as him, not as the Masked Royal. With Kukui being not just the local Pokémon Professor but a trainer with many victories, the battle is to be tense. Will Ash manage to succeed in the battle?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  2. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

They played "Title Defense!" when the match started!

3. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

Torracat got recalled, and Incineroar also got recalled after getting damaged by D.Lycanroc.

4. Doppelgänger

Oh no...

"Let's Go", Narancia's character is named GO.

This isn't Sword/Shield...it's a Let's Go anime.

LilligantLewis and qazplmwsxo like this.
  5. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Loving the battle so far, it looking like Torracat could totally evolve next episode or at the very least get a new move or something.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  6. Fairplay

Fairplay Well-Known Member

I have to say I really enjoyed the battle. Definitely up a notch compared to the league itself. It is odd though that they chose the characters to recall their Pokemon. Usually, that isn't even the norm. But I am open for more diversity when it comes to the battles so I don't mind it.
    You can really tell the quality is a little higher.
    Although I did not get Nyaheat's weird fire absorption (?).

7. thedarkdragon11

thedarkdragon11 P4P Elite

It's nice to see Ash rotating his roster during the full battle... He rarely does that...

But they talk too much during the battle...

8. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

For torracat i think its moveset is pretty fine, i could see it evolving and learning darkest lariat instead of fire fang and upgrading flame charge with flare blitz.

9. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

When I saw Torracat kneading Blast Burn in the preview, I was just expecting it to redirect the attack upwards or something.

Now straight up absorbing it? That's a shock.

10. ash&charizardfan

Oh by the way ash recalled naganadel back to its ultra ball even after releasing it, that means he keep there balls and can choose to call them back if wants them back.

LilligantLewis and 04n70n10 like this.
  11. Doppelgänger

Incineroar was actually pressured by Lycanroc. Torracat basically did no damage, but Lycanroc was able to hurt him. So Kukui gave him some time to recuperate.

Using Braviary against Lycanroc is an odd choice, even for a bait set. We know that he has an Empoleon and Venusaur, he didn't have to use his Flying-type who is at a disadvantage against Lycanroc.

12. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

Man, that Blast Burn look tiny compare to Mega Charizard. Really I felt like this is a disgraceful to the move

13. nickdt

nickdt Well-Known Member

Like you say yourself: Mega Charizard, so that Blast Burn was most likely powered up with Mega Power.

14. ash&charizardfan

You shouldn't compare them MCX is in general stronger than incineroar that's why the impact is higher.

15. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Ok battle for a start.So no one fainted, it will be fun next episode.

16. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

If it was Xy version of Blast Burn then Torracat wouldn’t be able to stop it

17. KibaLG8

KibaLG8 Well-Known Member

A good start to the full battle, no KO’s yet, which makes me think this will be a 3-parter. I really
    Hope Naganadel & Melmetal get wins.

04n70n10 and TheWanderingMist like this.
  18. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

I wish whatever is going on with Torracat's bell had some foreshadowing cause it looks like everyone is confused.

19. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 ^Probably Steven Universe?

Great episode, but too much talking (also, not a fan of the scoreboard layout)

20. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Too lazy to pick a pic

If it's indeed a three parter, or it's evolving in the final part or learning a new attack.

I think Tapu Koko staying at begining of the episode much more confusing.