• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final Fantasy Discussion

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Wait, does FFXIII-2 only have 2 playable characters and a monster? I was GameFAQs and on the FFXIII-2 board I'm hearing nothing but complaints.

Rakurai

Don't get what all the fuss about having a monster party member is.

I really like the additional degree of strategy and customization it adds to the combat.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Didn't somebody say that SE were going to take all the bad parts of XIII and sort them out in XIII-2? I haven't really been following the info that they've released on this game, but having a monster in your party... that doesn't really sound too great to me. They could do well with it though. And I hope it's not just 2 playable characters. :<

Rakurai

You do have only two playable characters for entire game.

I hardly find that to be something that should be making/breaking a purchase like some others are viewing it, though.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Yeah, often in games (especially Final Fantasy) it's the characters that make it so good. And if there's only going to be two characters and some monster, I can see why it may not be too great. I'll still be buying the game, as I don't think it's so upsetting that people won't even want to buy it, but it may be disappointing. Characters in this game seem a bit shite anyway. I say this after looking at the pictures of Snow and Hope. Hope was so cute in XIII, and now he looks weird, and Snow... they made him age badly! Sooooo so badly!

Zazie

So 1991
A lot of people that play those games today play them for the characters. A huge downsize of playable characters is huge problem for a lot of people.

It's not a downsize of playable characters. Monsters are playable and I am assuming there are going to be a lot of different ones you can choose to use. Think of it like a pseudo-monster battling RPG, sort of combination between final fantasy and pokemon style games.

Rakurai

They're not really playable, as you can't make them the party leader, nor can you give them commands in combat outside of activating their feral link attacks.

To compensate, they have the potential to be a lot more effective at performing their given roles then your two controllable party members can.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It sounds interesting to have these monsters in your party, and the way that they function, but it still seems extremely lame how you only have 2 consistent main characters in your party. To be honest, I just want this game to see what happens with Fang and Vanille. I hope SE have learned from their mistakes with their first sequel. (That being the horrendous FFX-2.)

Rakurai

A demo of the game is coming out the PSN shortly.

I don't plan on playing it, since I feel like it's going to just make it harder to wait for the release.

Last edited:

Nidogod

Has anyone played the PSN Final Fantasies? I'm getting a PS3 soon and I'm particularly interested in FFVI and FFIX. Do they have improved graphics/sound or any new features?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Not sure if the demo is out, but I'm waiting for it so I can make my decision.

Rakurai

It should be out on the PS3 and 360 now.

I ended up playing it contrary to my previous statement, since I wanted to mess around the monster system a bit.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Downloading the demo right now. 50 minutes. Am I downloading the whole game or something?

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I won't be playing the demo. Reason being if I don't like it then I won't bother buying the game, but if I do buy the game then I'll at least play through it once. Besides the monsters and paradigms thing is starting to sound more interesting rather than lame.

Vernikova

Champion
Has anyone heard Final Fantasy Type-0's soundtrack yet? It seems like XIII's soundtrack will be the best of the Fabula Nova Crystallis at this rate.