• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final Fantasy Discussion

darklord18

wow so you were able to get the choas crystal.

dose anyone know if there are any of the following

Gil incease ability.
rare monster encounter incease ability

and is it easy to just use the gold chocobo to get the choas crystal or silver chocobo?

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Which was a huge problem in FF13, too. Doesn't surprise me that it's back.

You weren't trying hard enough if you can't get high CP in FFXIII.

I managed to get farther and hit my level 60s, CP is coming in steadily so its way better now.

Also my Monster pack is doing great. Have the Red Chocobo, Green Chocobo and Cloudbuster.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
You weren't trying hard enough if you can't get high CP in FFXIII.

To be fair, the maximum amount of CP you could get while leveling up is 80000 with a Growth Egg farming Adamantoise. Long Guis give more, but you pretty much need to be maxed out with the Crystarium to fight them anyway. And with some Crystarium moves costing 120000 towards the end, farming Adamantoise can get quite tedious. However, not anywhere near as tedious as it is farming Platinum Ingots to achieve the Treasure Hunter achievement.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
To be fair, the maximum amount of CP you could get while leveling up is 80000 with a Growth Egg farming Adamantoise. Long Guis give more, but you pretty much need to be maxed out with the Crystarium to fight them anyway. And with some Crystarium moves costing 120000 towards the end, farming Adamantoise can get quite tedious. However, not anywhere near as tedious as it is farming Platinum Ingots to achieve the Treasure Hunter achievement.

You can 1-shot Behemoths with Fang, Lightning and Hope/Vanille if you want to so getting over 500,000k CP isn't hard in about 3 minutes after chapter 12 or 13.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
You can 1-shot Behemoths with Fang, Lightning and Hope/Vanille if you want to so getting over 500,000k CP isn't hard in about 3 minutes after chapter 12 or 13.

They only give you 4000 CP each though, and there's only so many of them in the Archylte Steppe. And you most certainly cannot one hit them. The closest you can get is Preemptive Strike, stagger and kill in one turn. That's if your players are quite advanced too. And I know this because I've got them maxed out and bothered playing the game to the extent of unlocking all achievements. It also takes time running out of the area or saving-restarting to respawn them. Nowhere near as fast as killing the 4 Adamantoise in the Steppe and gaining 320000 CP per round. And possibly Platinum Ingots which are by far the most desirable drop in the game!

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
They only give you 4000 CP each though, and there's only so many of them in the Archylte Steppe. And you most certainly cannot one hit them. The closest you can get is Preemptive Strike, stagger and kill in one turn. That's if your players are quite advanced too. And I know this because I've got them maxed out and bothered playing the game to the extent of unlocking all achievements. It also takes time running out of the area or saving-restarting to respawn them. Nowhere near as fast as killing the 4 Adamantoise in the Steppe and gaining 320000 CP per round. And possibly Platinum Ingots which are by far the most desirable drop in the game!

The Platinum drops are the biggest pain in the *** I'll give you that. But getting CP isn't hard. The only problem is the fact that CP requirements get ridiculously high at level 13.

darklord18

just got Omega.

now to level him up and take on the final boss. hehehe

Calamity™

aka Lamia
The Platinum drops are the biggest pain in the *** I'll give you that.

It really is. Technically with a 5 star rating, the Platinum Ingots have a 25% chance of dropping, and with the Collectors Catalog equipped, that is multiplied by 1.5 to give a 37.5% chance. Still seems low but I remember a point in the game where I got 8 consecutively. I think that must have just been some great luck. The annoying part is that you can complete the Crystarium relatively early postgame, but if you're trying to get everything in your inventory, the Platinum Ingot farming is such a long process because gil is ridiculously scarce in this game! I'm hoping they changed that for XIII-2. Haven't bothered checking that yet so I'll just see when I get the game!

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
It really is. Technically with a 5 star rating, the Platinum Ingots have a 25% chance of dropping, and with the Collectors Catalog equipped, that is multiplied by 1.5 to give a 37.5% chance. Still seems low but I remember a point in the game where I got 8 consecutively. I think that must have just been some great luck. The annoying part is that you can complete the Crystarium relatively early postgame, but if you're trying to get everything in your inventory, the Platinum Ingot farming is such a long process because gil is ridiculously scarce in this game! I'm hoping they changed that for XIII-2. Haven't bothered checking that yet so I'll just see when I get the game!

You can farm potions in New Boudem 003 AF for some quick easy cash. The potions sell for a decent price with the fragment skills so you can raise up to 1000s of gil in a short time. Which is why I have 135,792 gil lol. Also battles actually give you gil now I believe as it tells you on the bottom left side of the score screen.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Crimsonash310 said:

For the record, this translates to killing one Behemoth every 2.88 seconds, even accounting for the Growth Egg. To say nothing about the non-mathematic portions of your point.

For the past several years, Final Fantasy was on a "buy the games no matter what" policy with me, but XIII did a spectacular job of slapping me in the face with that. And reading up on XIII-2, it sure doesn't sound any better.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
For the record, this translates to killing one Behemoth every 2.88 seconds, even accounting for the Growth Egg. To say nothing about the non-mathematic portions of your point.

For the past several years, Final Fantasy was on a "buy the games no matter what" policy with me, but XIII did a spectacular job of slapping me in the face with that. And reading up on XIII-2, it sure doesn't sound any better.

Well it was a guess anyways. I never personally had trouble with getting high CP value in a few minutes.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I swear if I didn't play XIII before this I'd have no idea how the battle system works. They said they simplfied it and maybe that's true a little but it still seems over complicated to me. Maybe I should stick to real time RPG's. >__>'

Calamity™

aka Lamia

This is exactly what I thought. No matter what they say the story's like, you have to buy the next Final Fantasy. But for me, it's been going down hill since Final Fantasy X, and I don't think I'll bother with any future games from the franchise unless they really go back to their traditional style. First smart decision from SE in a long time was that they're not tampering with the storyline of FFX.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Oh man, XIII-2 is soooo good. I love it even more than XIII, and that's certainly saying something.

The non-linear nature of the game lets me take it at my own pace while not overwhelming me with a bunch of random missions at once. The music is fantastic (I was initially wary at Naoshi Mizuta being such a prominent composer, as I'm not a fan of his work on XI or 4WoL at all, but damn he knocked it out of the park with XIII-2. I dunno if it was him finally being able to stretch his legs in a bunch of different genres or what, but I want MORE of him.), as well. It's rare that FF does something this different, and I think it's worked out pretty damn well. I’m glad Square Enix decided to try something fresh instead of sticking to XIII’s sound. The vocal tracks, especially the ones sang by Origa, give off some huge Nier vibes to me, which is always great.

The little tweaks to the battle system (instant Paradigm Shifting/monster taming/switching party leaders, etc) make it a lot more enjoyable, as well. All in all, I can see this as being one of my GotYs and more than likely my favorite FF game behind XII. I seriously can't put this damn game down. :|

Calamity™

aka Lamia
The little tweaks to the battle system (instant Paradigm Shifting/monster taming/switching party leaders, etc) make it a lot more enjoyable, as well. All in all, I can see this as being one of my GotYs and more than likely my favorite FF game behind XII. I seriously can't put this damn game down. :|

Yes, YES!!! Finally no getting killed on paradigm shifts. However, I still believe that no matter how non-linear they made the game, it will still be mediocre because you only have the likes of Serah and Noel exploring them. Did you play the classics too, because these newer FFs don't compare in the slightest? ): At least in my opinion.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Yes, YES!!! Finally no getting killed on paradigm shifts. However, I still believe that no matter how non-linear they made the game, it will still be mediocre because you only have the likes of Serah and Noel exploring them. Did you play the classics too, because these newer FFs don't compare in the slightest? ): At least in my opinion.

Noel and Serah interact really well together, actually. And yes, I've played every mainline title barring the MMOs. Notably, most of my favorite titles are modern FF games (V, X, XII, XIII, XIII-2, VI).

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Noel and Serah interact really well together, actually. And yes, I've played every mainline title barring the MMOs. Notably, most of my favorite titles are modern FF games (V, X, XII, XIII, XIII-2, VI).

That's quite interesting actually. Most of the people I know who've played pretty much all the games don't seem to like the newer ones as much as VI - X. I think I may be a bit biased about the characters in XIII-2 just because I found one of the main things that was good about XIII to be the characters. And as I've said many times now, THEY RUINED HOPE!!! ):

Rowdy

Not sure if any of you will find this funny, but this opinion of Noel from G4 made me chuckle.

"The coolest Kingdom Hearts rejected character to ever hit a Final Fantasy game."