• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final Fantasy Discussion

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I found VII on PC to be garbage to control, and I had some issues with saving as well I think. I'll just be buying it on PSN eventually.

That FFI-FFIX cross-save/buy goodness! sogood.gif

How is FFX good? Heck, that game is horrible. Every freaking Final Fantasy game pre-FFX is better than this thing. The game is horribly slow, the characters barely do something worth and are extremely useless, most like fillers, their existence and nothing are almost equal. Plus, half of the characters have 0 evolution throught the game. Yuna is half-good, but Tidus is tiring with his overly unnecessary issues with his father, which sincerely force the game to look childish in comparison to others, or almost all pre-FFX Final Fantasy titles. The main characters are bad, to a degree Auron make them look like newcomers, which shouldn't happen, you have never seen this happening on Final Fantasy game, but it does happen on FFX. Also, outside of Jett and Sin case plus the summoners, the storyline on FFX looks like a Mexican Romance Novel. I can't stand this game.
The only thing worth I can remember is indeed the OST, the Sphere Grid, the battle system is quite slow because they tried to make it faster, but it's good still, and the Aeon System... Which is quite cool. But other than that? There's nothing worth my money there and I'm glad I don't feel like playing this piece of garbage again.
I understand if you like it, but every other FF title make it look bad, really bad.

Again, that's your opinion. But I highly disagree with you, as I personally think FFX is a great name, and deserving of the Final Fantasy name. But even then, I do agree with some of your points. Tidus sucks, and Auron deserves much better. Just like FFXII, Vaan was unnecessary. Should have made Ashe or Captain Basch the face of the game.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Again, that's your opinion. But I highly disagree with you, as I personally think FFX is a great name, and deserving of the Final Fantasy name. But even then, I do agree with some of your points. Tidus sucks, and Auron deserves much better. Just like FFXII, Vaan was unnecessary. Should have made Ashe or Captain Basch the face of the game.

Yeah, I exaggerated over that.

And it's funny, Vaan is Tidus' clone, but, unlike Tidus, he does get some """""""""evolution"""""""" on Revenant Wings. Although I am pretty much tempted to say those both suck, I still don't get what happened to Square Soft/Enix when they created those both. Were they aiming to hit the young, possibly girl and new fans?

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Then you will be happy to see this.

This video was taken from conference footage "Final Fantasy GO THERE", where the director of Theatrhythm goes head to head in CC's versus mode against Yoshinori Kitase. (There's another one floating around where Hazama plays off against Naoki Yoshida, but you'll need to go to about 18:45 of this video.)

How this mode works is that hitting notes and defeating enemies will fill up an EX gauge, and will activate a random detrimental effect to the opponent when filled. Think DDR's dance battle mode and you aren't far off.

I'm throwing my money at the screen, but nothing is happening.
I can't wait for this game.

In other news, I just got FFVIII on steam, I hope they release the other ones on there as well.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I'm throwing my money at the screen, but nothing is happening.
I can't wait for this game.

In other news, I just got FFVIII on steam, I hope they release the other ones on there as well.

FFIX has a higher chance of being on iOS than Steam. Only FFVII and FFVIII got PC releases, and both were a year late to the original PS1 releases. FFIX never got a PC release. I don't condone it, but if you really want to play all the FF games (except the FFXIII trilogy), you can pirate them.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
FFIX has a higher chance of being on iOS than Steam. Only FFVII and FFVIII got PC releases, and both were a year late to the original PS1 releases. FFIX never got a PC release. I don't condone it, but if you really want to play all the FF games (except the FFXIII trilogy), you can pirate them.

Piracy for anything?! Hell no, I hate piracy with a passion.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Piracy for anything?! Hell no, I hate piracy with a passion.

Yup, me too. I meant use an emulator! Piracy was just the closest thing I could think of. I 100% hate piracy with a burning passion too. But emulators, I'm fine with... If you have a legit copy of the game you're trying to emulate. I myself don't use emulators (well, technically the Virtual Console and PS1/2 classics are emulated), as I don't have a gaming PC, let alone one powerful enough to run PS2 emulation, or hack my consoles, but I'm jealous of those who can play Kingdom Hearts II on 60FPS.

Austratus

a paper man
More possible Curtain Call news..

A video featuring two tracks-- one BMS and one FMS-- from the Romancing SaGa series that, according to this French-language article, will be available as DLC.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Didn't use a gosh darned potion, and now I gotta redo the intro in FFX HD again. Annoyed as FUDGE! Why couldn't they have skippable cutscenes :*(

If there's anything I really dislike about a game, it's unskippable cutscenes! Darn it Motomu Toriyama! Are you so jealous of the true Goddess Yuna that you'll go out of your way of remove the option to skip cutscenes??

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Didn't use a gosh darned potion, and now I gotta redo the intro in FFX HD again. Annoyed as FUDGE! Why couldn't they have skippable cutscenes :*(

If there's anything I really dislike about a game, it's unskippable cutscenes! Darn it Motomu Toriyama! Are you so jealous of the true Goddess Yuna that you'll go out of your way of remove the option to skip cutscenes??

I'm surprised they didn't add in the ability to skip the cutscenes, since it's been in the recent games.

I just need FFXV right now. I am not one to rebuy games I already own (AKA HD re-releases), so I'm just stuck waiting for this game that still doesn't even have a release date :[ I swear Square Enix is now easily one of the biggest Johns, second only to Valve.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I'm surprised they didn't add in the ability to skip the cutscenes, since it's been in the recent games.

Yeah, really sucks not being able to skip cutscenes. I tried to get the Jecht Shot earlier, but failed. So I hard resetted (reset just fine?), waited for the game to load, then tried to do it again, and was forced to rewatch the cutscene.

This game looks great on the Vita. Really colorful, and it's so awesome playing FFX on a handheld. We should invent a time machine and show it off to the lowly people of the year 2001 who are stuck playing the game on their TVs haha

The only noticeable framerate drop I've encountered so far was on the Vita, in Besaid Island, when Yuna is summoning Valefor. The PS3 is rocking that 30FPS steady. There might have been a few 1-3FPS drops, but nothing as noticeable as on the Vita.

I just got to Luca, but KHHD1.5R was a much better remaster than this. KHHD1.5R definitely had way better character models (they used the same texture models as the one used in DDD). Still looks great though. I didn't even notice Lulu had braided her hair before.

Austratus

a paper man

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
So how does everyone like the HD remaster? It is just stunning, imo. Beautiful character models and much more colourful in general. FFX is like my favourite FF of all time and I am really enjoying it again. I always felt that VI and XII were very close to FFX in terms of me enjoying them.

So anyway. Where are you guys at and what is your playtime for the remaster?

I am 17 hours in and just finished the first fight in Macalania Temple.

Austratus

a paper man
Wait, is this serious, or a joke?

No, it's not really. It was just an introductory video that one of the devs (AFAIK the main scenario writer) put together.

Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
So how does everyone like the HD remaster? It is just stunning, imo. Beautiful character models and much more colourful in general. FFX is like my favourite FF of all time and I am really enjoying it again. I always felt that VI and XII were very close to FFX in terms of me enjoying them.

So anyway. Where are you guys at and what is your playtime for the remaster?

I am 17 hours in and just finished the first fight in Macalania Temple.

If it wasn't for the Besaid Aurochs sucking ducks, I would have reached 20 hours into the game without raging once. 20 hours in, at lake Macalania - Crevasse. I found an awesome playing position yesterday. Playing on my bed, several pillows behind my back, and one small pillow for my head. Open the window for breeze (it's been raining so much here in Hawaii lately, and it feels so good), turn up the volume, and just enjoy the game. The bad thing is that it's so comfortable, that playing FFX (which is a slow game) makes me feel drowsy after like 20 minutes of playing. Just yesterday, I was in the Thunder Plains, and fell asleep for 1-2 hours. I should try this next time I have insomnia.

The HD graphics are inconsistent. Sometimes they look good, sometimes just feel weird or out of place. In the beginning, when Tidus is looking at Jecht's picture on the billboard, when the camera pans to under Tidus' face, his lips look really funny, and you can't help but laugh. Emotions! I don't really see any emotions to anyone's faces. When Tidus said something about Yuna smiling,THERE WAS NO SMILE! Really, go take a look. No emotions there whatsoever. Tidus, Yuna, and Seymour were the worst "upgrades". Auron, Rikku, and Kimahri were fine. Lulu and Wakka I feel had the best character model updates. The rearranged music is what most people have a problem with in this remaster. I personally don't mind it. Some are worse, some are better.

Overall, I think the. HD Remaster for Kingdom Hearts I is better than Final Fantasy X's. Haven't tried out FFX-2 yet.

WastingLight

I am loving Final Fantasy X right now. I have just clocked over 28 hours on it and I am currently in the Calm Lands.
I had forgotten how much I loved this game when it was first out on the PS2, it brings back so many memories.