• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final Fantasy Discussion

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, super disappointed. I bought FFXIV in steam, it opened great, I customized my character, chose my class, all that. Then when I logged onto the sever with other people...I lagged up so bad the game is basically unplayable for me. Guess I gotta wait till I get my new laptop to play this one.
:l

What kind of computer do you have? The game was almost playable on my Surface Pro.

I tried out the FFXIV PS4 beta over the weekend. Was fun, but then it ended. I'll wait until it goes F2P, probably not though, as FFXI still isn't. In that case, I'll probably get it sometime down the line. $15/m is just too much IMO, and why I've never bought an MMO before.

It definitely wont be going F2P, $15 a month is also a pittance, all things considered.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
What kind of computer do you have? The game was almost playable on my Surface Pro.

An '09 Acer netbook.

Yeah, I've had this thing forever, I really need to get a new one, I hope to get one in the next few months. But, I want to save up for one that will actually be decent, not just a cheap one that won't last.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
This is taking forever. I want to play FFX-2 HD already, but I'm forcing myself to get the platinum for FFX HD first before moving on. I finally unlocked Nemesis last night, and I couldn't be bothered to fight him normally. I just Grand Summoned Yojimbo, payed him 500K Gils, and Zanmato'd Nemesis. I've still got Dark Yojimbo, Dark Magus Sisters, and Dark Anima to fight before unlocking Penance. Everyone except Kimahri's already at or close to 255 Atk, Def, Magic Def, but getting Fortune Spheres is annoying. Takes way too much time, even with Loner S&D Tidus.

Austratus

a paper man
Last edited:

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
I finished Final Fantasy X HD the other day. The final fight gave me a lot of trouble because I did not have Anima or the sisters. I eventually just trained my characters a little more and Bahamut was doing 50 000 with mega flare. I also watched eternal calm for the first time in life. It was a nice setup and I cannot wait to play X-2 in HD now. I still am going to go back to FFX HD of course. It was just a brilliant remaster with so many great memories. I already knew the ending, so I did not exactly shed a tear. Out of all my characters in the playthrough I think Yuna, Tidus, Auron, and Lulu were my best. I trained Wakka a lot and a little of Kimahri.

So yeah now I really want to fight the Dark Aeons and Penance sometime. I also got 0:0:0 time on the godforsaken chocobo catcher race already. I am so glad that is done.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I finished Final Fantasy X HD the other day. The final fight gave me a lot of trouble because I did not have Anima or the sisters. I eventually just trained my characters a little more and Bahamut was doing 50 000 with mega flare. I also watched eternal calm for the first time in life. It was a nice setup and I cannot wait to play X-2 in HD now. I still am going to go back to FFX HD of course. It was just a brilliant remaster with so many great memories. I already knew the ending, so I did not exactly shed a tear. Out of all my characters in the playthrough I think Yuna, Tidus, Auron, and Lulu were my best. I trained Wakka a lot and a little of Kimahri.

So yeah now I really want to fight the Dark Aeons and Penance sometime. I also got 0:0:0 time on the godforsaken chocobo catcher race already. I am so glad that is done.
You've still got to dodge 200 Lightning Bolts in a row AND win Blitzball several times.

Final Fantasy? Uh-oh.........I feel a timeline theory starting up.....MUST...............RESIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FFX -> FFX-2 -> a 1000 years later, FFVII

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
For me it was just finding another game to play after beating KHI.5, so I thought FFX HD might be good. Yeah that's it for me, haven't beat it yet, but it's very good.

Final Fantasy XIII was a very pretty game so I asked for it for Christmas when I got my PS3.

Yeah. That's it.

FFXIII? You're gonna be torn to shreds now. But really, I don't see how FFXIII is so bad. I've played the demo for XIII-2 and LR, and they're both good.

ForeverFlame

I didn't really like XIII, but I have a special place in my heart for XIII-2. It hit all of the right notes of things I like in video games, and Caius was an amazing villain with more depth than the rest of the XIII Saga characters put together.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
None of the XIII games are perfect, they each have some aspects that they do better than others, but they're all good games in their own right as far as I'm concerned.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I feel the FFXIII trilogy would have been MUCH better had it just been a standalone experience. I personally don't think FFXIII-2 and LR had any reason to be included. FFXIII-2 basically retcons Lightning and pals' actions in the first game. Time travel just didn't work in favor of the story. Yeul this, Yeul that, eh shattapu yo face! Caius and Yeul recreating the (in)famous Lifestream scene in FFVII felt cheesy, and just made me go "Y U COPY FFVII??" FFXIII-2 was still a good game in its own right though. Managed to platinum both FFXIII/2. I'm still waiting for PR to hit that $20 or less sweet spot.

As to what made me get into FF, it would have to be Advent Children. I've seen and player a few of the past games before, but the movie was what finally got me into the games.

Edit: I'd have to edit famous Lifestream scene into infamous. It was a really unexpected scene, and it wasn't really a scene that was favorable to our party.

Last edited: