• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final Fantasy Discussion

Ketaru

Oh. Well in that case...

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
So with Final Fantasy III potentially headed for PC, I find myself getting impatient. I'm considering just downloading it for my PSP. But if it gets a Steam release, I'd honestly prefer playing on PC since it's easier to do things like take screencaps. That and I haven't been playing anything on Steam lately so I could do to get back into that. I still haven't played III or V.

Yessss. I'm mostly a PC gamer so if it gets on steam, that would be epic. And while, yeah, playing them on their original systems is always the best option, I would gladly take a PC release.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I bought Final Fantasy VII on PSN for $9.99 two years ago, I really enjoy Final Fantasy VII. I'm thinking about playing through it again at some point.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
After getting to Luca, I really need to ask

Are we supposed to like Tidus?

Like, he's really unlikable, and getting moreso as time goes on.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
After getting to Luca, I really need to ask

Are we supposed to like Tidus?

Like, he's really unlikable, and getting moreso as time goes on.

He gets better as you progress. He has Daddy issues all the way through the end of the game, but it only happens a few times.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I've heard he's pretty unlikable.

For comparison, I find Luke a lot better, and Luke was pretty bad

He gets better as you progress. He has Daddy issues all the way through the end of the game, but it only happens a few times.

From what I've seen so far, all his dad did was mess with him a bit and disappear. I understand the second one, but the first one has no basis at all. Like, if that's really going to be part of Tidus' motivation for hating his dad, that's a terrible reason

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
From what I've seen so far, all his dad did was mess with him a bit and disappear. I understand the second one, but the first one has no basis at all. Like, if that's really going to be part of Tidus' motivation for hating his dad, that's a terrible reason

You're in a disfunctional family caused by your drunk father, but that's not a reason to hate your dad? Wat? All his childhood until he disappeared, Jecht was an A-hole to his son. Mocking him, telling him he'll never be as good as he is, and basically anything that would cause a child to hate his own parent. All of a sudden, he disappears for no reason without telling anyone. Some time passes. In Future Spira, Jecht is now Sin. But before Jecht became Sin, he told Auron to go to Dream-Zanarkand after this is all done. Auron dies without getting sent, he meets Sin Jecht, and Auron gets transported to D-Z. So now Auron is Tidus' father figure. Time passes again, and Tidus' mom dies of a broken heart. Tidus is now 17-19, Sin attacks D-Z, he and Auron are sent to Spira, and what does Tidus see? His freaking dad is now the mayhem of Spira, and he has to fight this giant abomination that is his father.

Tidus has all the right to hate his father, and it's what makes him a good character IMO. It's basically daddy issue until you find out more about their relationship. Plus, that's not even his motivation. He just wants to go back home. But along the way, he finds reasons to stay.
Because there's no way back to D-Z. Because he wants to end Spira's suffering. And because he wants to make it so Summoners don't have to go on a pilgrimage anymore, and sacrifice themselves to beat Sin.

Only thing I didn't like was the ending. "Sorry, son. I was mean to you because I wanted you to be a better man." DA FUH?? Where did that come from? The Jecht Spheres? But that was AFTER you got sent to Future Spira :/

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
I decided to try out FF X-2 HD remaster and 100 percent it in one run. I am using a guide so it should not be so hard. Currently am up to Zanarkand and have done everything required so far. I will go back to FFX HD when I am done with this for sure. X-2 is not as good as X but still deserves a place in my heart. The HD is nice just like in FFX.

Edit: Tidus in FFX gets better as time goes on. Soon you will start knowing why he feels that way and why he should feel that way.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
After watching that gametrailers video about FF XV I can't stop seing the similarities it has with Hamlet/Romeo and Juliet. I know it's just speculation but Iv'e also noticed that it shares similarities with Shakespeare's other plays. For example, the whole coup d'etat reminds me alot of Julius Ceaser and Macbeth. Then theres the whole exiled prince thing which is very Hamlet and then Noctis' mysterious relationship with Stella. I just want this game to be out already.

It would be cool if they mix in story elements from different Shakespearean plays. As a matter of fact it would be awesome.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
After watching that gametrailers video about FF XV I can't stop seing the similarities it has with Hamlet/Romeo and Juliet. I know it's just speculation but Iv'e also noticed that it shares similarities with Shakespeare's other plays. For example, the whole coup d'etat reminds me alot of Julius Ceaser and Macbeth. Then theres the whole exiled prince thing which is very Hamlet and then Noctis' mysterious relationship with Stella. I just want this game to be out already.

It would be cool if they mix in story elements from different Shakespearean plays. As a matter of fact it would be awesome.

Mobsters are the new Shakespeares. Characters from different families fighting for the Crystal. Sending out goons to kill the heir of the Lucis family. Noctis and Stella can't be together because they're of rival heirs. It's The Godfather: Final Fantasy Edition. Now comes with less blood, more anime, and more of the same talking and exposition. Black emo clothing and spiky hair instead of black gangster suits and greased up slicked back hair.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Mobsters are the new Shakespeares. Characters from different families fighting for the Crystal. Sending out goons to kill the heir of the Lucis family. Noctis and Stella can't be together because they're of rival heirs. It's The Godfather: Final Fantasy Edition. Now comes with less blood, more anime, and more of the same talking and exposition. Black emo clothing and spiky hair instead of black gangster suits and greased up slicked back hair.

It's not emo hair, it's Asian hair. Asians have the best hair.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
Now that I have the FFX-2 HD platinum I am really happy. I got the perfect ending and finishing last mission in English was really exciting but difficult. So an X-3 really is around the corner even though SE says it is not. You just do not leave a cliffhanger ending and do not continue it. I am referring to the audio drama FFX: Will btw.

I got all the amount of closure I ever wanted for X-2 and it is an awesome game if you 100 percent it and then play Last mission.

FFX Will was a bit of a weird story. Chuami has such a mouth and she does not fit the FFX atmosphere.... Seriously why would you EVER judge Lulu by her breasts.

Anyway now I need to get the remaining trophies in FFX HD but I also missed some al bhed primers which will require another playthrough. Might as well stat max first....

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Now that I have the FFX-2 HD platinum I am really happy. I got the perfect ending and finishing last mission in English was really exciting but difficult. So an X-3 really is around the corner even though SE says it is not. You just do not leave a cliffhanger ending and do not continue it. I am referring to the audio drama FFX: Will btw.

I got all the amount of closure I ever wanted for X-2 and it is an awesome game if you 100 percent it and then play Last mission.

FFX Will was a bit of a weird story. Chuami has such a mouth and she does not fit the FFX atmosphere.... Seriously why would you EVER judge Lulu by her breasts.

Anyway now I need to get the remaining trophies in FFX HD but I also missed some al bhed primers which will require another playthrough. Might as well stat max first....
I've already gotten the FFX HD platinum, and I REALLY want to get the platinum in FFX-2 HD too, but that game's such a drag. Following a guide step by step for the 100% is taking a toll on me. I haven't even gotten to Chapter 3 yet because of it.

Stat maxing in FFX suuuuuuuuuuuuucks. I eventually gave up, removed all the Luck nodes, and replaced them all with HP nodes. Made everything go by so fast.

I must have read that wrong.

Anyway, still looking forward to it.

A quick question. Should I get a realm reborn? I mean 15$ a month isn't much but still, I'm not sure if its worth the purchase.
PC or PS4? From what I've played during the PS4 beta in April, the game looked really good. Framerate was inconsistent though, sometimes FATE battles with more than a dozen other players were consistent 60FPS, other times even just normal fights dropped the FPS to what seemed like mid 20s.

Still, it doesn't hinder the game in any way. Might be annoying when you get a stutter, but they come so few and far between. If you have a capable PC, go for that. If not, I heard the PS4 version looks and plays as well as the PC version. Plus, if you have a Vita, you can do some grinding on your bed, or even... while taking a poop haha