• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final Fantasy Discussion

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Well, we had a FF thread a while back, but it eventually sunk into the 30 cut off period. So I figured, Id make another one XD

What do you guys think of A Realm Reborn? What other FF games do you like? Are you excited about XIII-3 or could you care less?

I personally, don't really have an opinion in XIII-3, just because I haven't got around to playing the first 2, if I get the right system I think I will play it, maybe. As for XIV A Ream Reborn...I REALLY want to get that one, but I can't at the current time (My laptop is crappier than what came out of the rear end of a dog). But I do have, and regularly play, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIV and FFIII.

Go nuts.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I'm going to try and get X for Vita in a couple months.

Is there anything I should know about it?

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I was excited for Lightning returns, the Final Fantasy XIII saga may not be the best or everyone's favorite but I really enjoyed it. As for my favorite Final Fantasy game I have to say Final Fantasy IV mainly the complete collection for the PSP because it is the definitive edition of Final Fantasy IV. I really enjoyed the Dissidia games and Final Fantasy Tactics. I'm really looking forward to Final Fantasy XV.

Nightblind249

I love this series minus the MMO's. I'd have to say V, VII, X, IV, III in that order for the number series are my favorites; as for spin offs (sorta) Dissidia Duodecim and Tatics:WOTL are awesome.

@Eternal Darkness-For FFX on the Vita it's kinda like the IV psp release but has everything X on it. It has (I think) Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X: Eternal Calm on the diskette and Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy X-2: Last Mission download if you purchase it. I believe it also has some bonus audio at the end of the game or a menu option for it on one for the games. Here's the site

Last edited:

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I haven't played those spinoffs, I'll have to check them out, the spinoffs I have played are Theatrythm and FF: The 4 heroes of light. Thetrythm is very good, and if you like FF music its a must. I like 4 Heroes, but I cant seem to get one of the armor pieces.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I've always liked this franchice, though i never had much patience for playing the games myself having seen how long my brother takes to win them usually lol

I should totally make some blingees of final fantasy characters/mages/ext sometime though. Espesally those who apper in the kh franchice, which i'm a huge fan of lol XD

Ruas

I've only played the tactics series & I really loved it. I hoped to try the canon games, but never got to it. :( Does it have a continuous plot, or can one safely start playing any of the games? Is it similar to Pokemon - there is a time-line, but the basic plots are all separate & not playing the other games doesn't severely hinder the enjoyment of others.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I've only played the tactics series & I really loved it. I hoped to try the canon games, but never got to it. :( Does it have a continuous plot, or can one safely start playing any of the games? Is it similar to Pokemon - there is a time-line, but the basic plots are all separate & not playing the other games doesn't severely hinder the enjoyment of others.

As I have not played all of them, I cannot answer with complete certainty, but I believe that each number is separate. For example, there is the main game Final Fantasy VII, it takes place outside of say Final Fantasy X, but it would take place in the same universe as Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core.

So basically, if the roman numerals match up, they take place in the same universe, but if they're different, they take place in a different one.

EDIT: FF XIV now available on steam! May not see me for a while XD

Last edited:

MissyMee283

Pokémon Coordinator
I've only played the first Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360), and I thought it was fun. Never finished it...I probably would've enjoyed it more if I played the others. Graphically and mechanic wise it was great, although the story wasn't extremely compelling, hence why I never finished it. XIII-3 looks graphically well but since I didn't play XIII-2 it wouldn't seem right to just jump, plus I was/am more excited about Bravely Default.

I'm actually currently obsessed with the just released 3DS game Bravely Default (considered a spiritual successor of Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light) and am totally neglecting my other games because of it. So its a spin off of the FF series, but nonetheless still part of it! This game is a for sure 3DS play. It may seem repetitive at times, and I haven't completed the game so I'm not sure of replay value, but so far its great. Looks great, challenging enough, good story, lots of variety to choose from. Its great!

I also own the DVD film of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, which I thought was very good. Yes, its not a video game, but its still part of FF, and I think any fan should see it!

Swampurtz

God of Destruction
I am very happy of Lightnings return, im actually almost done with 3 main quests, I loved the Luxerion missions. As well ive been Op since I have the Cloud DLC and the Sohere hunter dlc, killing things like a pro and I havent died yet.

Also, km working on a FF fanfic

Nightblind249

You can pick any game in the series and play it as a stand alone game. Each game barrows from the older games such as critter and item names but normally there completely different. Only a handful of games have pre\sequels so I wouldn't worry to much about that. They do have alot of spinoff games with the FF name but their not of the main series. So if you wanted to play Xiii and then I and then VI you can, they only real switch is the graphics.

Peter Quill

star-lord
I love this series minus the MMO's.

Sorry for your taste because Final Fantasy: XIV A Realm Reborn is actually really, really good, and this is coming from someone who isn't huge on the MMO scene.

My name is Moogles, so I guess that has to give some sort of an indicator to whether or not I love Final Fantasy. I've only played 1-7 + 14 and some of the spin-offs (The Tactics series mainly. Played some Chrystal Chronicles as well). I firmly believe that 6 is the best one that I've played so far. Although 7 has amazing characters as well (All except for Cloud but eh)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm with Moogles, ARR is quite good. Though I haven't played in a while.

On the topic of Lightning Returns, it took me a while before I warmed up to it as I had to get used to the battle system again. My first shot against the final boss (no spoilers) I blew it on the final form, finished up a couple more quests and picked up some extra items and I beat it in 5 minutes. Was actually a little anti-climactic.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
This may not be worth mentioning since probably less than 20 people have Crunchyroll on this site, but if you do, Crunchyroll is offering 10% off Final Fantasy X for both the PS3 and Vita for another 5 hours

It feels like a good deal for a game that's not even released yet

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I saw that, if it was more than 10% or I lived in the States I'd go for it. As it stands though I'd pay more than the discount for shipping and probably have to pay customs as well.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I saw that, if it was more than 10% or I lived in the States I'd go for it. As it stands though I'd pay more than the discount for shipping and probably have to pay customs as well.

After shipping, which brought it to 37 dollars, I still saved 6 dollarsThanks to Washington State 8.6% sales tax. My only complaint is that it charged my card now, instead of closer to the release date. First time I've used Crunchyroll's shop too. Do you know if it's any good?

Oh well, still saved some money

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
After shipping, which brought it to 37 dollars, I still saved 6 dollarsThanks to Washington State 8.6% sales tax. My only complaint is that it charged my card now, instead of closer to the release date. First time I've used Crunchyroll's shop too. Do you know if it's any good?

Oh well, still saved some money

Our tax is 15%, so I don't want to hear any complaints.

I've bought a few things from them, all arrived without issue. Takes a while, but again, customs.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Our tax is 15%, so I don't want to hear any complaints.

I've bought a few things from them, all arrived without issue. Takes a while, but again, customs.

Compared to most states though, our sales tax is in the top 5 so I can complain

So, I can assume it'll arrive earlier without customs?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
This may not be worth mentioning since probably less than 20 people have Crunchyroll on this site, but if you do, Crunchyroll is offering 10% off Final Fantasy X for both the PS3 and Vita for another 5 hours

It feels like a good deal for a game that's not even released yet
Yup. Count me in as one of those people without a Crunchyroll account though. I've already pre-ordered both versions at GameStop. It sucks that Squeenix made LRFFXIII's and FFX/X-2 HD's CE exclusive to their store. I haven't bought LR yet (hoping it gets severely price dropped in such a short time like FFXIII-2 was), but I would have bought the CE day one full price if it was sold at retail. For FFX/X-2 HD, I would have gladly payed double! That soundtrack was too good, but I'm not making a SE account.

The PS3 version has both games on one disc. But the Vita version only has FFX in the cart, right? And FFX-2 a voucher code? Anyone know the download size of it? I still have 3gbs/8gbs